剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
Sir, I am no fist-fighting man,
但我的责任心不会
but neither am I a man whose obligations
被暴♥力♥和威胁动摇
can be deflected by blows or threats.
精神可嘉
Admirable spirit.
我想那些莽夫不会阻碍你起诉Lucas先生的决心吧?
I trust a hot head will not cloud your attempts to prosecute Mr Lucas?
不会
It will not.
请放心 我的斧头对准的不是树枝 而是树干
And rest assured that I aim an axe not at the branch but at the tree.
Garrow先生
Mr Garrow.
大人 各位
My Lord. Gentlemen.
在这个法庭上 之前有另一个陪审团...
Another jury on another day, in this court...
..已经作了判决 可以说是那些和平的守护者
..has made judgment already that the supposed guardians of the peace...
..错误地起诉一个无辜者谋杀罪
..did falsely accuse an innocent of murder.
这一次陪审团要判定是不是...
This jury will judge if it be true or not...
..这位警官 治安官
..that this constable, a peace officer,
一个奉命维持社会秩序的人
a man in whose hands the good order of society is held,
做出了导致Joseph Casson死亡的行为
did commit the act that brought the death of Joseph Casson.
如果是真的 当然我会想办♥证♥明 各位
If this be true, as I will seek to prove, gentlemen,
必需慎重考虑对那些
there must be great concern to limit the power of those
掌控警♥察♥部队的人限权 这支常备军...
who command this constabulary, this standing army...
..为了达到其自己的目的 作出了违反了道德的行为
..who act against the good of all, and for their own ends.
大人 我传召Jacob太太
My Lord, I call Mrs Jacob.
五月十日你是不是目睹了警♥察♥的巡逻队拿着棍棒攻击
Did you see a patrol of constables strike with cudgels
那些在聚集在Covent Garden的人?
those gathered at Covent Garden on May 10th?
-是的 -你看到谁袭击Joseph Casson的吗?
-I did, sir. -And did you see who struck Joseph Casson?
我看到 是那个人 Lucas
I did. That fellow, Lucas.
-打他哪里呢? Jacob太太 -他左边的太阳穴
-And struck him where, Mrs Jacob? -On the left side, on the temple.
女士 依你判断那时在候选举地点外面大概有多少人
Madam, how many do you judge crowded outside the election place at this time?
接近100名警员
Close to 100 constables
还有给Fox或Wray投票的500人
and 500 to vote for Fox or for Wray.
就是说 在你与悲剧一幕之间
And, betwixt yourself and the tragic moment,
到处是喧闹声和混乱的场景 涌动的人群
a tableau of shifting, animated life, full of noise and haste.
我就是看到了 先生
I saw what I saw, sir.
看来你十分肯定 几乎对自己确信无疑
You seem of great conviction to not even question your own certainty.
-我有疑惑过那件事... -啊 你疑惑了?
-I have questioned my memory of the event... -Ah, you have questioned it?
你怀疑自己看到的不是Lucas先生吗?
You have doubted it was Mr Lucas you saw?
我不是这个意思 先生
That is not what I meant, sir.
陪审团已经听到你所说的
I think the jury have heard you.
Jacob太太 请您说明
Mrs Jacob, for clarity.
你有没有怀疑过 出手打死Joseph Casson的不是Lucas
Have you doubt that it was Lucas you saw make the blow that killed Joseph Casson?
没有
I have not.
谢谢你
Thank you.
大人 我要提问被告人Richard Lucas
My Lord, I would question the defendant, Richard Lucas.
好吧
Very well.
Lucas先生 在你当警♥察♥之前
Mr Lucas. Before your present post as constable,
你曾是一个军人?
you were a soldiering man?
是的 有十年了
I was, for ten years.
美国战争中在Hector Monroe爵士手下服役
Served in the American War under Sir Hector Monroe,
为东印度公♥司♥而战
fighting for the East India Company.
现在你是所属巡逻队的警员队长?
Now you are captain of constables in your own patrol?
是的
Yes.
你当兵的那些年头 你是否经常不服从命令?
And during your years as a soldier, did you often disobey a command?
从来没有
Never, sir.
你觉得我离题了吗?
You think that impertinent of me?
是的! 这与我所知的不符
I do! It's against all I know.
指挥系统就是力量
The chain of command is a strength.
是部队的核心和力量所在
It is the heart and power of the regiment.
-那么在巡逻队呢? -我不明白你的意思
-And of a patrol? -I do not follow you, sir.
你的巡逻队
Your patrol.
受什么人指挥?
Instructed in its duties by whom?
听令于何人?
Given orders by who, sir?
首席行政长官Sampson Wright爵士
Chief Magistrate Sir Sampson Wright.
大人 我传召Sampson Wright爵士
My Lord, I call Sir Sampson Wright.
你是不是命令Tower Hamlets的警员
Did you command constables from the Tower Hamlets to go to
在五月十日去到Covent Garden的选举票站?
Covent Garden election ballot on May 10th?
是的
I did.
-他们... -向他们解释任务细节是不是你的责任?
-They were to... -And did it not fall to you to brief them on the detail of their task?
大人 我们又一次跟随着极其不相关的思路
My Lord. Yet again, we follow a line of such tremendous irrelevance.
Garrow先生 你想怎么样呢?
Mr Garrow, what is your purpose here?
大人 我想要证明在Joseph Casson被害的同时
My Lord, it is my intention to show that the death of Joseph Casson
有另外一起犯罪行为发生了
came in the course of another criminal act,
就是违反了民♥主♥程序
that of perverting the democratic process.
所以呢?
And therefore?
大人 当中涉及同谋者 事关这些不可能
My Lord, where an accomplice is involved, it matters not
使出一拳一腿或许不可能去到现场的同谋者
if this accomplice struck no blow or was not close by the scene.
你想将指控扩大到其他警官身上吗?
And you wish to extend the charge to other constables?
不是其他警官 大人
Not to other constables, my Lord.
Garrow先生 Silvester先生 到我的办公室来 休庭!
Mr Garrow, Mr Silvester, I will see you in my chambers. We adjourn!
给我好好解释 Garrow先生
Explain yourself, Mr Garrow.
如果Sampson Wright派警员进入Covent Garden
If Sampson Wright sent the constables into Covent Garden
带着一个明确的目的 为了阻止Fox先生的支持者投票
with the express intention of preventing supporters of Mr Fox from casting their vote,
那么就是他发动的罪行导致Joseph Casson死忙
then he set in motion a crime that led to the death of Joseph Casson.
如果你能证明那是他的目的
And if you prove that to have been his aim,
你就要提案起诉首席行政长官?
you would make a case to prosecute the chief magistrate?
我会的 大人 以推定谋杀罪起诉
I would, my Lord. Charged with constructive murder.
简直难以置信 是Sampson Wright啊!
I hardly believe this. Sampson Wright!
他可是陛下的政♥府♥里的贵族?
Peer of His Majesty's Government?
Silvester先生 在这个地方我们考虑的是人的行为
What we consider in this place, Mr Silvester, is a man's deeds,
不是他的头衔
not his title.
大人 想必你不能为这种想法点灯开路吧
My Lord, surely you cannot give this idea light?
不能? Silvester先生 还轮不到你做判决
Cannot? Mr Silvester, you are not yet made judge.
我准许你往这个方向调查
I will allow that you follow this line.
你要跟Sampson Wright决一生死了
You may have your duel with Sampson Wright.
休庭至明天再审
We will adjourn until tomorrow.
Sarah?
Sarah?
你有没有告诉Pinnock先生你看上了他的职位?
Have you informed Mr Pinnock that you have eyes on his position?
William
William,
这里的文件记录了Melville手下的海军部的事务
all of these papers chart the business of Lord Melville's Admiralty.
他们记录了货物和用于购买♥♥货物的资金的流向
They record the flow of goods and the funds for purchase of those goods.
我们肯定会在这里面发现Melville大人的丑事
Somewhere here, we will find Lord Melville's transgressions exposed.
为什么你这么肯定?
And how are you so sure?
因为他是政客
Because he's a politician, handle
他们打理国家的钱 不可能不往自己口袋里面塞点
and they're unable to the public purse without emptying some into their own.
我真不知道你把他们看得那么高明
I had not known that you esteemed them so high.
你忘了 我嫁给了这么一个人
You forget, sir, I married one.
-George... -有件意想不到的事儿 Garrow先生
-George... -An exceptional thing, Mr Garrow.
你起诉的那个人 Lucas先生
The fellow you prosecute, Mr Lucas.
他要求你现在去他的牢房♥跟他谈一下 在弓街
He's asked to speak with you this hour in his cell, at Bow Street.
Garrow先生
Mr Garrow.
身为一名被告 阁下真是不同寻常
Is it not custom for a man charged as you are, sir,
没有要求见自己的代表大律师 反而求见控方大律师
to seek out the barrister for him, rather than the man opposed?
有足够的时间给Silvester先生想办法
There'll be time enough for Mr Silvester's counsel.
他会说 我不应被吊死
He will tell it, I shall not hang.
而我知道 我该死
I will tell it, I know I shall.
才能了结我们的事
That will end our business.
坦白说 我倒想听听 你的事
But I wish to hear, in plain words, your business.
你知道你不会成功将绞绳套在Sampson Wright的颈上
You must know you will put no noose around Sampson Wright's neck.
为什么?
Why not?
当警♥察♥的人肯定会同意 没有人会凌驾于法律之上
There is no man, and surely a constable must agree, who stands above the law.
作为一个时日无多的人 我喜欢的你直白
As a man with little time left to him, I welcome your straightness.
那你就直接地回我的话吧 先生
Then give me some straight speaking in return, sir.
你迫于无奈才为Sampson Wright辩护的?
Are you minded to defend Sampson Wright?
你在法庭上说的再正确不过了
What you said in the courtroom was more than true.
部队里的规矩 同样是警♥察♥巡逻队的规矩
What applies to a regiment, applies also to a patrol of constables.
必需服从命令...
A man must follow orders...
..还有管住他的嘴
..and hold his tongue.
但是?
But?
你嘴里有个'但是'没有说出来 先生
There is a "but" at the back of your tongue, sir.
你应该说出来的
You would do well to speak out.
各式各样的货物
All manner of merchandise.
靛蓝染料 硝石 茶叶 鸦♥片♥
Indigo dye, saltpetre, tea, opium.
没有一份有Melville大人的签字
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表