剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
你的儿子不属于你 没有属于你的东西
Your son does not belong to you. Nothing belongs to you.
Samuel不在这里 Sarah
Samuel is not here, Sarah.
发令状吧!
Issue the writ!
不可能成功的 代价太大了 而且你负担不起诉讼费用
Success is unlikely, the cost astronomical and you do not possess the means.
我们要求你将Samuel Hill本人带来大♥法♥官法♥院♥
We command you that you bring before us in the Court of Chancery, the body of Samuel Hill.
我拿了我以前带过的珠宝
I took the jewels I used to wear.
在法律上 它们不属于你的
Under the law, they do not belong to you!
他偷了我的儿子!
He has stolen my son!
我作为父亲的绝对权威被质疑了
My absolute right as a father is to be questioned.
复仇吧
Avenge it.
Bambridge 开门! 开门 Bambridge!
Bambridge, open up! Open up, Bambridge!
不 不要!
No, wait!
你说她扯着你的头发
You say that she took you by the hair of your head,
自己倒在床上 将你拉向她
threw herself on the bed, pulled you to her
还热情地抓你 直到流出了血
and in her passion scratched you until the blood came.
你说你踏上了上马脚踏板 然后的裤子掉下来了
You said were up on a mounting-block and your britches dropped,
但在你能接近母牛之前却被打扰了
but were interrupted before you could access the cow.
现在你使我们相信你不在那里
For now you would have us believe you were not there.
你从没看到过那个钱包 然后你看到它掉下来了
You never saw the purse, then you say you saw it drop.
Garrow先生 少吃点 多放心思在法律上
Mr Garrow, less cake, more law.
而在这个时候 他抢劫了你 你没有了钱包
And in doing so he robbed you. You lost it then.
是故意的吗? 他打你的钱包主意 你在撒谎
Is there a purpose? He was after your purse. I say you're lying.
Garrow先生!
Mr Garrow!
是误会 我没做过
It is a mistake, I did not do it.
有你这个侄儿是我最大的不幸
The biggest misfortune is that you are my nephew
所以我不得不帮你收摊子
and I must pay your debt.
先生!
Sir!
你被释放了 事情到此为止
You are released, there is an end to it.
-John叔叔 我能怎么办呢? -你没有钱吗?
-And I am free to do what, Uncle John? -You have not the means?
这钱我会拿
I will take the money
但你让我留在你身边 对我会更好
but I could profit so much more were you to let me be alongside you.
我没有工作安排给你
I have not the work for you.
也没有打算要了解我吗?
And have not the stomach for me to want to know me?
-你当我侄儿已经够了 我不能担别的风险 -我还能叫你做叔叔吗?
-You are a nephew to me, I cannot venture more. -Am I still to call you uncle then?
你是我兄弟的儿子 你还能管我叫什么?
You are my brother's son. What else should you call me?
你说柜台上面有三个烛台
You say that there were three candlesticks on the counter
当你看过去的时候 它们已经被拿走了
and when you looked, they were taken.
将他押回牢房♥ 等候行刑
Take him hence to the place whence you camest and thence to the place of execution
并在那里执行绞刑 直至你死去
where you will be hanged by the neck until you are dead.
对上帝毫无敬畏 被恶魔煽动
And not having the fear of God, but moved by the instigations of the devil,
在五月十五日...
did on the 15th May last...
这次还是你当辩护吗? Garrow先生
Do you defend this also, Mr Garrow?
是的 大人!
Yes, my Lord!
像挽马一样勤快
You pull like a dray horse.
Sarah女士
Lady Sarah.
Sarah女士!
Lady Sarah!
我不想再看到你 走吧!
I have no wish to see more of you. Go away!
这是什么?
What is this?
他对我发了令状!
He has issued me with a writ!
Arhtur爵士?
Sir Arthur?
因为需要资金 我拿了我的珠宝
Being in need of funds, I brought away my jewellery.
呃 但其实不是...
Ah, but it is not...
我的珠宝 我发现在法律上我曾经拥有的都是他的
My jewellery, so I discover. All I ever had is his in law.
我的一切
All I ever had.
我希望你可以找出一些不合理的地方
I hope you might find it in some way wanting.
看起来 是没有办法了
It is sound. it cannot be otherwise.
法律对这种事是再清晰不过的了
The law is no less plain in that matter
比你的孩子那事还要清楚
than in the matter of your child.
他们被控砸坏织布机和割破丝绸
They are charged with breaking looms and cutting silk.
你们有做过吗?
Did you do this?
-我们没做过! -我们有证据! -诉状上说你们参与了这次运动?
-We did not! -And have the proof of it! -did you have cause?
-那晚我们跟所有胆量的人一样都跑出去了 -斯皮塔佛德暴♥动♥那晚
-As could all the brave lads who went out that night. -The night Spitalfields burned.
我们干得不错 第二天早上绸缎商的护卫控制了街道
Much good it did. Next morning the mercers' soldiery kept the streets.
Matthew Bambridge会当证人
Matthew Bambridge will bear witness.
他在推事法庭上为控方做证
he spoke against us at the Magistrate's.
Thomas Capel的织布机就放在他的屋子里面
It was his house they went into where Thomas Capel's looms are.
两个人都是绸缎商?
Both men are mercers?
Capel是绸缎商 是他提起诉讼的 Bambridge是Capel的工头
Capel is the mercer. He it was who brought the charge. Bambridge is Capel's foreman.
为什么Bambridge要为控方作证?
Why does Bambridge take against you?
我们之间心存芥蒂 Capel先生叫他开除我们 他当然乐意出手
There was bad feeling between us. Mr Capel had him lay us off from our work and he was glad to do it.
你刚才说的证据来自什么人?
And who brings the proof you speak of?
-Catherine Quinn -谁?
-Catherine Quinn. -Who is?
我妻子
My wife.
我的姐姐
And my sister.
你们是内兄弟 也是工作上的伙伴
You are brothers in law and you are work-fellows.
没错 现在还成了囚友
Yes, and now bedfellows in this.
我们要求请你辩护
We have asked for you.
你们请我辩护 你们能负担诉讼费用吗?
You have asked. Have you the means?
-要多少? -一基尼
-What is it? -A guinea.
在Bambridge开除我们以后 我们就没有工作了
We've had no work since Bambridge laid us off.
我们几乎一贫如洗
We stand near destitute.
这个案子我接
I will take the brief.
-他就差没住进难民营 -没关系 我还是会接这个案子
-They are but a step from the workhouse. -Nonetheless, I will take the brief.
那晚在斯皮塔佛德发生了很多事
Much was done that night in Spitalfields.
有商人被打破了头
There were mercers' heads cracked.
如果他们找不到该受刑的人 那么他们就找能受刑的人
If they cannot find men that should hang for it, they will find men that can.
-我们仅有的证人是他们其中一人的妻子 同时也是另一个人的姐姐 -我相信他们是无辜的
-Their only defence lies in the wife of the one who is the sister of the other. -I believe them innocent.
他们的辩据太薄弱了!
Their defence is slender!
我天天在老贝利办着枯燥的案件 Southouse先生 因为我没有选择
I spend my days on the Bailey treadmill, Mr Southouse, because I have no choice.
都是大同小异的案件
It is much of a muchness.
这两个人不同 他们的行为有意义
These men are different, they have a cause
他们为此付出了代价
and their affliction rises from their love of it.
Bambridge是他们中主要的控诉人 你认识他吗?
Bambridge is their principal accuser. Do you know him?
我可以去结识他
I could come to know him.
你不舒服吗? Southouse先生
Are you unwell, Mr Southouse?
我着凉了
I have a damnable chill.
那我们好好吃一顿
Then we must feed it.
来我那儿吧 我能热点酒
You will join us, I will mull some wine.
先生?
Sir?
你为什么要缠着我? 我已经完成了对你的责任 我不欠你
Why do you dog me? My duty to you is done, I cannot own you.
-我能帮上忙的 -不 你不行!
-Sir, I can be of help. -No, you cannot!
让开 先生们 让开!
Stand aside, sir. Stand aside!
你的织布机可以放在这里 先生
Your looms would be placed here, sir.
我们效率高着呢
We work good hours,
你可以放心 你的投资是物有所值的
so you can be sure of a pleasing return for your outlay.
这正是我所期望的
I expect no less.
啊 这里发什么事了?
Ah, what happened here?
那晚暴♥动♥的事儿 先生
It was the night of the riots, sir.
许多斯皮塔佛德的绸缎商人都被砸了织布机
Many a Spitalfields mercer had looms broke.
还给砸破了头 一帮流氓
And heads broke, too. Scoundrels.
就为了这个原因 我把很多生意都搬到格拉斯哥去了
I take much of my business now to Glasgow for that very reason.
苏格兰人不那么激进
The common Scotchman is not so radical.
你不必担心会再发生同类事件
You need not fear a repeat of it.
我们请了人在街上维持秩序
We have hired men on the street to keep order
还有塔台来的士兵
and soldiery from the tower.
那些想要在这里搞破坏的人会被关到新门去
Those who led the attack here are taken to Newgate
然后很快就被送上刑场
and will shortly stand at Tyburn.
他们罪有应得
As they should.
你现在雇佣的那些织布工...
Those weavers you now employ...
全都是老实人和支持者
All true men and content.
那么我们谈一谈合约的事儿
Then let us consider an agreement.
-喝杯白兰地如何? -噢 好啊!
-Over a nip of brandy? -Oh, yes!
我要回我的珠宝
I will take my jewels back.
看那 我从你那拿到的40基尼
You see that I received 40 guineas from you.
我现在要价50基尼
I must have 50 now.
是的 我觉得你会遵纪守法的
Yes, I thought you would comply.
毫无疑问 又是Garrow的主意吗?
Doubtless Garrow advised on the matter?
你这样做是为了羞辱我 Arthur
You do it to humiliate me, Arthur.
我依法办事而已
I do it because it is the law.
你拿了属于我的东西
You took from me what is mine.
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表