剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
你觉得他会祈祷吗? 他还有资格祈祷吗?
Will he pray, do you think? Does he have entitlement?
你试想像这个画面
See it on your mind's eye.
刑车开始转动 绞索开始行使它的使命
The cart pulls away. The rope starts to do its work.
他一尘不染地去到造物主面前 或是带着说谎者的名号♥?
Will he go to his maker clean, or is he a liar?
罪人会下地狱吗?
A sinner bound for hell?
救救他! 看在上帝的份上!
Save him! In the name of God!
休庭...
We adjourn...
该休息了
for a respite.
全体起立
Court shall rise.
我们会尽一切努力的 Catherine
We will do all that we can, Catherine.
Southouse先生!
Mr Southouse!
Southouse说谎! Southouse是骗子
Southouse the liar, Southouse the impostor.
我说谎是为了追求真♥相♥
My deceit was in pursuit of the truth, sir.
而你为的就是钱 染满血的钱!
Yours was in pursuit of money. Blood money!
只不过是给正直的人一个合理的酬金而已
Nothing more than a just reward for an honest account of affairs.
Foley和Quinn都有罪
Foley and Quinn are guilty both.
虽然为了给一个定罪而放掉了另一个
Though to escape one kills the other.
他们有罪或者无罪都与你无关
Their guilt or innocence is nothing to you.
绸缎商要找替死鬼 想要杀鸡儆猴
The mercers need men to hang, so others will be discouraged.
你利用他们的死忙赚取利润
You saw profit from their deaths.
你的灵魂会因此而被诅咒!
And may your soul be damned for it!
他没希望了 Southouse先生 我看他是没希望了
He is lost, Mr Southouse. He is lost, I fear.
看来是这样
So it seems.
你得从陪审团方面着手
You must play to the jury.
你不能以理服人 但可以利用他们的同情心
You must speak not to their heads, but to their hearts.
他们可能认为他有罪 但还是判他无罪
They may think him guilty, but still acquit.
良心伪证?
Pious perjury?
这个年轻人要被绞死了 Will 他的生活才刚开始
A young man will hang, Will. His life has barely begun.
开庭
Court is in session.
Garrow先生 还有请求吗?
Mr Garrow, have you more?
我要传召一名证人为被告的人格作证 大人
I shall call a witness as to the defendant's character, my Lord.
Thomas Capel 为辩方证人
Thomas Capel, now for the defence.
传Thomas Capel
Call Thomas Capel.
谁? Garrow
Who is this, Garrow?
只要是认识他的人 都可以阐明他的人格 大人
Anyone who knows him, might shed light on a man's character, my Lord.
Capel先生 请听好
Mr Capel, be advised,
你之前的誓言还是有效的
that the oath you swore before still obtains.
Capel先生 有时候织布工们就睡在他们工作的地方 是吗?
Mr Capel, weavers sometimes sleep where they labour, do they not?
有时候是
Sometimes.
他们的条件不好 有很多人抱怨
Their conditions are not good. Many complain of it.
反♥动♥分子会抱怨
Malcontents complain of it.
织布工能拿多少工钱?
What wage does a weaver have?
这得看绸缎商
It depends on the mercer.
好吧 那么给你打工能拿多少工钱?
Very good. What wage do those have who work for you?
三先令一周
Three shillings a week.
那么在引进动力织机之前是多少钱?
And what was it before powerlooms were brought in?
请你回答问题
You will answer the question.
大概是一基尼
A guinea, perhaps.
所以 他只有薪金原来的七分之一来维持他的家庭
So, a man must keep his family on a seventh of what he once had,
而且自己的工作岗位被机器取代了
or find himself put out of work by a machine?
大人 这不是品格证供
My Lord, this is not to character.
Garrow先生 你超出了限制!
Mr Garrow, you are beyond your limits!
Capel先生 你肯定觉得Quinn是个老实人
Mr Capel, you must have found Mr Quinn a good man,
是个有能力的人 否则你不会雇用他
a capable man, otherwise you would not have employed him.
我也这么以为 但他后来变成了一个煽动者和恶棍
I thought as much, but he turned out to be an agitator and a miscreant.
你就是这么判定他的
YOU would have him so.
不管他有没有罪 你就是要他上绞刑台
You would have him hang as an example, guilty or no.
他是联会成员 还是织布机破坏者
He is a union man and a breaker of looms!
绸缎商还得雇人保护自己的财产免受他那样的人破坏
Mercers must hire men to protect their property from such as he!
自卫队为你服务 而无辜的人被吊死
A militia who serve you while innocent men hang
斯皮塔佛德济贫院人满为患
and the Spitalfields workhouses overflow.
如果他们愿意 有的是工作!
There's work for them if they choose!
他可能会想 要么工作要么贫苦
A man might think it is work or penury.
-给你打工 就是工作与贫苦并存 -大人!
-With you, it is work AND penury. -My Lord!
我们得知一个品格良好的人
Here we have a man of good character,
不为别的 就因为流言蜚语被扫地出门
thrown out of work on nothing but hearsay.
-他赚三先令一周... -大人 他对着陪审团发言!
-A man who could earn three shillings a week... -My Lord, he addresses the jury!
-..而之前 他能有一基尼 先生们 -大人! -Garrow先生!
-..Where once he had a guinea, gentlemen. -My Lord! -Mr Garrow!
他的劳动能力已经被机器所取代
Whose labour has been taken from him by use of a machine.
而现在他受伪证所累
And who now stands victim to a false testimony
受他懦弱的朋友所累
and to a friend's cowardice.
-如果他今天被判有罪... -大人 这太横蛮了!
-And if he is given guilty today... -My Lord, this is an outrage!
-Garrow先生 你必须停下来! -合理吗? 合理吗?
-Mr Garrow, you must desist! -Is that meet? Is it?!
如果他被定罪 但我清楚地说过他没罪
If he were he guilty, which I state plainly he is not,
他就该和杀人犯和盗贼一样被吊死吗?
must he hang alongside murderers and cutpurses?
-Garrow现在 你藐视法庭! -就因为砸坏了木头 割破丝绸?!
-Mr Garrow, you will be in contempt! All for the breaking of wood and the cutting of silk?!
那样的结局公平吗?
Is that a just end for any man?
各位...你们必须清楚 Garrow先生他
Gentlemen...you must know that Mr Garrow
在利用你们的同情心
was playing you like a harpist.
很简单的一件事
This is a simple matter.
能明显地看出Quinn犯下了案中被诉的罪行
Quinn was seen to commit the crime of which he stands accused.
还有 他的同伴已经转为污点证人指证他
More, his fellow has turned King's Evidence against him
说法也吻合
and says the same.
没有含糊的地方 给我个判决吧!
There is no equivocation here. Bring me a verdict!
大人 我们需要时间考虑
We need time to consider, my Lord.
没有什么好商量的了!
There is nothing to debate!
嗯?!
Well?!
我们判他...无罪
We find him...not guilty.
重新考虑你们判决!
You will reconsider!
这就是我们的裁决!
It is our verdict!
哼! 在这个日子 公义与情感站同一阵线上
Huh! Justice this day goes to rank sentiment.
Foley! 站起来
Foley! Stand up.
四天之后你来到我这里
You will come before me in four days time.
作伪证 绝不能宽恕
It will be perjury. Expect no mercy.
带他去新门
Take him to Newgate.
Quinn 你可以走了
Quinn, you may go.
Cathal!
Cathal!
上帝与你同在
Dia leat.
你咒骂他?
Did you curse him?
他说'上帝与你同在'
He said, "God be with you."
我辩护的人有罪?
Did I defend a guilty man?
现在重要吗?
What matter now?
Robert Jones 又名Charles Warner
Robert Jones, otherwise called Charles Warner
被控在十一月三日...
was indicted for that he, on the 3rd of November...
我去休息了 Arthur
I shall retire, Arthur.
晚安
Good night, then.
我没有错
I am not wrong in this.
是的 你没有错...
No, you are not...
..只要能把Samuel要回来
..if it brings Samuel back.
你会高兴吗?
And would that please you?
能卸下你身上的包袱 我当然高兴
To see that burden lifted from you? Of course.
如果那包袱只是从我身上转到你身上呢?
What if that burden should shift from me to you?
你不得不接受这个孩子 不管我是不是从悲痛中解脱
It is the child you must want, not my release from grief.
你可以把他视如己出吗?
Can you take him as your own,
即使他是别的男人的儿子?
though he is another man's son?
如果你有疑虑...
If you doubt that...
..是因为这件事对你太重要了
..It is because your feeling in the matter is so great,
没有给我留一点余地
that it leaves no room for mine.
一个年轻貌美 不受约束的女子
A sweet, young, free-born female
被一个恶毒的奴隶殖民地总督虐待
is tortured by the vicious governor general of a slave colony.
虐待发生在特立尼达拉岛 是个轰动的案件
Torture in Trinidad, it's a sensation.
难道我没说过? 我吃了好多苦才把这孩子带到世上
Do I not have claim to the child I laboured long to bring into this world?
-你放弃了他! -你说谎! 你是从我身边偷走了他!
-You abandoned him! -You lie! You stole him from me!
他用最残酷的方法对待我 我要他付出代价!
He used me most cruelly and I want him paid out!
你敢为我挺身而出吗? Garrow先生
Dare you stand up for me, Mr Garrow?
Will 这是什么回事? 你做了什么?
Will. What's this? What have you done?
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表