剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
死亡净化我的身心刻不容缓
I could not delay to purify myself with death.
你不能让那个孩子耽搁你
You could not allow the child to delay you.
必须终结老一套的生存之道
The old ways of life must come to an end
在基♥督♥降临
before Christ can come
为带来我们复活和我的新生之前!
and bring about our resurrection and my renewal!
你试图击退那个阻挡这一切的可怕怪物?
You sought to repel this awful creature who would prevent that?
我从那个自命是孩子妈妈的人手上...
I took the one that did pretend to be my son...
..抢来了那个自命是我儿子的东西
..from the one that did pretend to be his mother
要把他的脑袋撞向墙壁!
and try to dash his brains against the wall!
直到?
Until?
直到Ann从我手上救了他
Until Ann rescued him from me.
我含着泪水放弃了攻击...
And through my tears gave up my assault upon...
攻击?
Upon?
攻击这条蛇 这个魔鬼
Upon this snake, this tempter.
攻击这个曾经是我深爱的孩子
Who was also my beloved child.
在那一刻他要杀死自己的儿子
At the moment that he tried to kill his son,
他可以进行理性的谈话
he could have had a rational conversation about
谈他过去生活的种种
any circumstance of his past life.
谈他现在的处境
and anything connected with his present.
唯一不能谈的是 他冥想中的行为的实质
Except only the quality of the act he was meditating.
James Hadfield非常清楚
James Hadfield knew perfectly well
他是这位女士的丈夫 这个孩子的父亲
that he was the husband of this woman and the father of the child.
然而他仍被束缚在
And yet still he was in thrall
病态假想的国度中
to the over-ruling dominion of a morbid imagination.
他哭不是因为他清楚他邪恶的行为和后果吗?
Did he not cry because he knew the evil he was doing and the consequences?
他哭是因为他无法制止自己在做的事情
He cried because he could not stop what he was doing.
他不能制止自己病态的意图
He could not stop his sickly purpose.
Silvester先生 你有问题要问这位证人吗?
Mr Silvester, do you have any questions for the witness?
没有 大人 我只想对陪审团说出我的观点
No, my Lord. I merely wish to address the jury
在您请他们商议判决之前
before you ask them to return a verdict.
请便
As you wish.
我们被告知这个人疯癫的表现
We are told this is a man who, as manifestation of his lunacy,
没有任何事比得过他求死的心
wished nothing more than to bring about his own death.
如果情况属实 我有一个很简单的问题
If this be so, I have one very simple question.
为什么他不认罪?
Why did he not plead guilty?
他为什么还要辩护?
Why avail himself of a defence?
如果他那么希望自我毁灭
If he wishes to ensure his own destruction,
为什么求助Garrow先生的诡计和把戏?
why seek out the wiles and stratagems of Mr Garrow
来躲过这一命运?
to avert such a fate?
不对 是我!
No, I would avert it!
我要辩护 为了我的丈夫 为了那个曾经的他
I would have a defence for the sake of my husband, for the man he once was.
那个偶尔还是原来的他
The man you can still sometimes be.
Garrow先生
Mr Garrow.
James Hadfield 按着计划与目标行事
Where James Hadfield bears the appearance of purpose and planning,
但他没有能力意识到
he retained no capacity to appreciate
他的行为带来的法律后果
the legal consequences of his behaviour.
根据法律上蓄意的概念
And by the law's notion of intent,
James Hadfield没有要杀死国王
James Hadfield had not chosen to kill the King.
先生们 我信赖你们健全的理解力
I hope that your sound understandings, gentlemen,
会让你们很容易区分出
will easily enable you to distinguish
不幸的疾病
infirmities which are misfortunes,
与犯罪动机
from motives which are crimes.
先生们 邪恶还是疾病呢?
Well, gentlemen, depravity or disease?
真我被取代
The true self displaced,
还是 有着邪恶目的处心积累的行为呢?
or an act of wilful deliberation and wicked purpose?
Garrow先生在此争辩的是改变法律上精神失常的定义
Mr Garrow argues here for a change in the law on madness.
是次重大争论 你们同意吗?
No small debate. Will you allow it?
你们今天的决定可能会...不 是必定会有着深远的影响
The decision you reach today may... no, WILL have profound consequences.
请谨慎考虑 我们静候你们的裁决
Deliberate and we will have your verdict.
你们有了裁决了吗?
You've reached a verdict?
- 有了? - 怎样的裁决?
-We have. -How do you find?
无罪
Not guilty.
出于为其本身及全社会的福祉考虑
The prisoner, for his own sake and for the sake of society at large,
犯人不得释放
must not be discharged.
我建议适当地安置他
I suggest he be properly disposed of,
对这个不幸的人施予最大的仁慈和人道关怀
all mercy and humanity being shown this unfortunate creature.
全体起立
The court shall rise.
恭喜你 你作了一次成功的辩护
Congratulations. You have made a successful defence,
并为你的当事人争取到了无尽期的监禁
and the reward for your client is indefinite incarceration.
你们也知道 病人还是有可能康复的
You must know that it may be possible for patients to recover
如果能留在一个平静的环境
if simply confined in peaceful surroundings.
在这里我就将Creighton先生托付给你照顾了
And so I commend you to the care of Mr Creighton here.
希望有一天我能报答你 Garrow先生
I hope that one day I will be grateful to you, Mr Garrow.
我希望你过得安宁 James
Then I wish you peace, James.
这里的事总算解决了 Southouse先生
Some resolution here at least, Mr Southouse.
那你的家务事解决好安顿好了吗?
And are you resolved and settled in your own house?
你什么意思?
What mean you?
关于Samuel那事儿 我为Sarah女士提供了服务
About the service I have performed for Lady Sarah in the way of Samuel.
明天我在议会发表一条新的叛国罪议案
I am in Parliament tomorrow to announce a new treason bill.
你的提案能让这样的审判更有胜算?
You propose to make such trials less likely to fail?
我提议我们要清晰划分
I propose to make it clear that we seek to circumscribe the rights
所有那些会声称自己拥有豁免权的人的权利
of all those who will announce their disenfranchisement.
疯子 奴隶 爱尔兰人 天主教♥徒♥ 女人
Madmen, slaves, Irish, Catholics, women.
各位! 我们一定要打♥压♥那些痴人说梦
Gentlemen! We must press them down in their delirium.
针对Hill发得一张人身保护令?
A writ of Habeas Corpus against Hill?
这能让他把Samuel带到法庭上
It will require him to produce Samuel in court
让他说出他扣留Samuel的原因
and show cause why he should detain him.
你觉得他会轻易就范?
You think he'll simply submit to you?
Melville伯爵大人?
My Lord Melville?
- Hill? - 我们一起走一段吧
-Hill? -We may travel together, I think.
-那方便吗? -来听我说吧
-Can that still be so? -If you'll hear me.
我被传唤到监护权听证会
I am called to a custody hearing.
我当父亲的绝对权利被质疑了 被挑战了
My absolute right as a father is to be questioned. Challenged.
老天啊 我们这个年代真够恶心
My God, the sickness of the age is truly upon us.
我不会让她得逞的
I will not let it overcome me.
我的辩护还能正视听
And my defence is a remedy.
这次你要的不只是监护权?
You seek not merely custody from this?
如果这审判能挽回我作为一个男人的名声
If the trial brings my rehabilitation as a man,
肯定同样能挽回我的政♥治♥地位
it must also bring it as a politician.
Garrow牵扯其中?
And Garrow in this?
当然 那次审判后她就靠他生活
Of course. She lives as his dependent since the trial.
报仇吧!
Avenge it.
- 谁给你做代理? - 你不能介入监护权的事
-Who to represent you? - Not you in the cause of custody.
你的存在会被看成Samuel要跟着他妈妈和她的情人生活
Your presence could be used to show Samuel lives with his mother and her lover.
你认真考虑过吗?
You have given it some thought?
你有没有好好想过人家会拿着账单跟你说事?
Have you paid as much attention to the bill that will be presented to you?
我去了他家 拿走了我以前带过的珠宝
I went to the house. I took the jewels I used to wear
- 然后换了... - 在法律上 它们不是属于你的!
-and exchanged... -Under the law, they do not belong to you!
他偷了我的儿子!
He has stolen my son!
如果我不能在王座法♥院♥代理你 我也许就要在老贝利
If I cannot represent you at Kings Bench, I may have cause to represent you
给你打官司 而你就站在被告席上
at the Bailey, as you stand in the dock.
我警告你 Hill会来要回他该有的赔偿
I warn you, Hill will come for his retribution.
他们被控砸坏了织布机和割破丝绸
They are charged with breaking looms and cutting silk.
他已经给我发了状书
He has issued me with a writ.
在法律上我曾有的一切都是他的
All I ever had is his in law.
那我还是叫你叔叔吗?
Am I still to call you uncle then?
你是我兄弟的儿子 你还该称呼我别的什么吗?
You are my brother's son, what else should you call me?
失去了Samuel是我心中的痛
Samuel's absence is a wound.
- 把他还给我 - 就要看谁会受到法律的眷顾
- Give him back to me. - We shall see whom the law prefers.
这个两个人死定了
These two are lost.
你这样想吗?
You think so?
我肯定
Oh, I'm sure of it.
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表