剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
叛徒
Judas!
(十八世纪晚期,一位年轻的大律师William Garrow
走到了司法革命的前沿)
我当事人命悬一线啊
My client's life is at stake!
有罪. 不要
Guilty. No!
不要!不要!
No! No!
(成为了法庭犯人辩护的先锋)
你是那恶魔吗?
Are you the monster?
像个无赖似地搞到真♥相♥
Thou must be a ruffian to get at the truth.
法庭由你主宰,而不是Garrow
The court is yours not Garrow's.
还没有宣判啊!
You are not sentenced yet.
故事的灵感来自于"老贝利"(伦敦中♥央♥刑事法♥院♥)
档案中记载的有关他的生活和工作
你知道这次审判会在我们国家的历史上占据什么样的位置吗?
Are you aware of the role this trial will play in our nation's history?
-是他们杀了他! -你也许培养了我,但你并不主宰我
-He was slain by them! -You may have trained me but you do not own me.
去你的,死三八
Blast your eyes, you damned bitch!
Garrow先生
Mr Garrow!
这些人将决定你要面临什么样的指控
These are the men who will decide what charge you face.
那些人如果按他们的意愿进行歪曲,你的法律不堪一击
Your law is weak if men can bend it to their will.
一帮流氓! 这是私刑,不是公开审判!
Damn the lot of you! This is a lynching, not a trial!
一下个
Next prisoner!
单身女子Eliza Radnell,被控于4月26日.......
Eliza Radnell, spinster was indicted for that she on the 26th of April...
噢,可怜可怜我吧,先生们! 她是我老婆
Oh, please take pity, sirs, tis my wife.
破门而入Thomas Langstaffe的家
..house of Thomas Langstaffe did breach and enter,
在家中无人的情况下进行偷窃
no person being therein and stealing
赃物包括:一件麻布衣,一双精纺羊毛袜和1先令
thenceone linen shift, one pair of worsted stockings, twelvepence.
传原告 Mary Langstaffe夫人上庭
I call the prosecutrix, Mrs Mary Langstaffe.
但愿陪审团都像你一样精神集中.
Would that the jury concentrate as much as you.
那这地方肯定好多了
Then this would be a much improved place.
-唉,你现在不应出现在这里. -我就多看一个案件!
-As for your place, it is not here alas. -Just one more case!
你还没受雇于这里呢
You are not employed here.
Will!
Will!
我回到家发现她在屋里
I came home and found her within.
我问她怎么进来的,她回答不上
I asked her how she got in, she could not tell.
我再问她拿着我的东西干什么,她还是回答不了
I asked her what business she had with my things, she could not tell.
我找人帮忙看着她直到教区的治安官到来
I got assistance and kept her there until the parish beadle came over.
Crompton先生会不高兴的
Mr Crompton will not be pleased.
那儿的乏味差事
It is drudgery there.
我是没机会出庭只会被书上的尘土埋掉
I was not called to the bar to be buried in book dust.
犯人应该为自己作出辩护
The prisoner shall speak for herself in her own defence.
还是那样,犯人连个辩护律师都没有
And again and as ever, no defence counsel for the prisoner.
对不起,先生. 我只是花两便士买♥♥了四品脱啤酒,喝多了
I beg your pardon, sir, but I had drunk part of four pints of two penny.
我待在那屋里只是想睡一下,就拿了些衣服盖着取暖
I let myself in the house to sleep, I put the clothes on for warmth.
陪审团,商讨你们的裁决
Jurymen, consider your verdict.
你们做出裁决了吗? 有罪!
You have reached a verdict?Guilty!
不
No!
他们有花时间讨论过吗?
It did not take them long to confer.
判决烙刑
The sentence is branding.
不要! 相对于流放,这算很仁慈了
No! Relative to transportation, it is a mercy.
如果她说的是实话,不应判有罪
But she may have been telling the truth, that she was not guilty.
法官和陪审团的智慧能辨别真假 答辩再有技巧也是白搭
The wisdom of the court observes that it requires no manner of skill to make a plain and honest defence.
人们会发现答辩是需要技巧的 总有这一天
But it will, one day it will.
她是无罪的
An acquittal shall follow!
Will,等你有了诉讼委托,对着法庭发言就是你的职责了,可不是现在.
Will, when you have a criminal brief, it will be your duty to address a court of law but not now.
Nicholas Porter被控盗窃两只肥猪
Nicholas Porter is indicted for stealing two fat hogs
价值40先令 , 18只活家禽,价值9先令
value 40 shillings and 18live fowls value nine shillings...
Southouse先生
Mr Southouse!
今天下午你在那有案子吗?
You have business in there this afternoon?
一丝绸商被债权人起诉,想用半几尼请我当他的事务律师
(事务律师:负责诉讼中的法律事务,但不出庭)
A silk merchant prosecuted by a creditor
with half a guinea to enlist me as his attorney.
他需要出庭律师吗? 我非常乐意帮忙
Is he in need of counsel, I should very much like to help.
你快回去吧
You should hurry.
Garrow先生?
Mr Garrow?
Crompton先生
Mr Crompton.
来杯白兰地, 他刚在枪口下被抢劫了
Brandy here. This man's not long been robbed at gunpoint!
来,来,快坐下
Come on. Come and sit down.
那人♥渣♥拿出枪对准我的胸部 然后向我要钱
The wretch clapped a pistol to my breast and demanded my money!
驭!
Whoa!
你抢劫了这位先生,你这个恶棍。你会被送上法庭
You robbed this gentleman, you wretch. And now you'll be brought to justice.
Southouse先生,我从没去过“新门”监狱,我愿去那好好学学
Mr Southouse! I've never been inside Newgate, I would learn from it.
我可不是去那给你上实践课的
I'm not there to furnish you with experience.
-呃,怎么? - 一位相当有诚意的女士
-Well, what then? -A very faithful and sincere young woman has
卖♥♥掉一半家产来请我当他弟弟的事务律师
sold half her possessions to pay for my service on behalf of her brother.
这样做是很有限的,你不能出现在法庭上,你也许还得告诉他...
It is a limited service, you cannot appear in court, you may tell him
什么人和事会对他不利,然后还要帮他准备他的答词...
who and what is sworn against him and help prepare his speech...
还也许能救他一命呢. 也许
And it may save his life.It may.
Southouse先生! 我保证 我只从旁观察 不说什么
Mr Southouse, I promise I will not speak I will merely observe.
我在"老贝利"已经领教过你的从旁观察了.
I have seen you observe at the Old Bailey.
-嘴巴跟眼睛一样忙乎. -我不想待在律师办公室
-Your eyes are very busy as is your mouth, unfortunately.
-I cannot stay in the Pleader's Office!
那就去季审法庭
Then head for Quarter Sessions.
把乞丐从某个教区赶到另一个!反对跳舞特许权...
Pass paupers from one parish to another! Oppose dancing licences...
我将来会成为"老贝利"的大律师(也称辩护律师)
I will be an Old Bailey barrister
然后我可以请任何事务律师给我案子, 可我宁愿你接受我, 我的好导师.
and I will seek any attorney for my briefs but I would rather you embraced me, dear mentor.
好吧
Very well...
记得闭上你的嘴
but in silence.
Southouse先生,每次看到你来办案我都很高兴
Mr Southouse, always a pleasure to see you going about your business.
这是我的.....
My er...
卑微的仆人
His humble servant.
我找Peter Pace,谢谢
Peter Pace, please.
请这边走
This way, gentlemen.
这位女士的弟弟是因为暴♥力♥盗窃和拦路抢劫进来的.
So, the young lady's brother was brought before the justice for violent theft and highway robbery.
半几尼不算笔小钱了...
Half a guinea is a not inconsiderable sum...
可对他的命来说就太便宜了.
but for his life, it may be a bargain.
谢谢
Thank you.
Peter,这是Southouse先生 你的律师
Peter, this is Mr Southouse your attorney.
他们将我从马上击倒之前 我从来没见过原告
I never saw my accusers at all until they come up to me and knocked me off my horse.
他们要在我头上烙印,还说就我做的过事应该把我宰了.
They stamped on my head, they said they would butcher me for what I done.
他们说 杀了他!
They said, "Damn his eyes, kill him!"
Pace先生,我想要拿一下笔
My pen is not yet out of my pocket, Mr Pace.
请坐下
Please...
现在告诉我,在推事庭上,都发生了些什么?
Now then, tell me, at magistrate's court, what passed?
我也说不清
I cannot exactly recall.
我心很乱,记不清
My mind was not set right.
Grove先生---那个检举人,发誓说他是劫匪
Mr Grove, the prosecutor swore he was the highwayman.
他们控告你偷了2先令
The charge says that two shillings were stolen.
他们没找出比两先令更多的钱来.
They did not find me two shillings richer.
你当时就被搜身了? 他们打我
You were searched immediately? I was more set upon...
然后把我带来这里 你很缺钱吗?
and then brought along. You were in want of money?
-先生? - Will!
-Sir? - Will!
你是否遇到了这样的机会?
Did you see an opportunity?
-当一个人孤身走在一条僻静的路上. -你去外面等着
-A man, alone on a deserted road. -You will wait outside!
你拿出枪指向他的脸....然后把枪丢弃
The man you overtook put a pistol to his cheek and then discarded it.
-绝对没有! -告诉我,这个原告又是谁?
-Never! -Explain this! Who is this accuser?
Garrow先生,当我的学徒在15...
Mr Garrow. Apprentice to me at 15...
但是做为一个小小的事务律师在法律上还是很有天赋的.
But too gifted in law to be a mere attorney.
来,随你怎么说,是黑是白,你说了算
Come, sir, you can speak freely. Black is white and white is black,
收钱办事 我们的忠诚只给客户,不是真♥相♥
according as we are paid, our loyalty is to the client, not to the truth.
-William! -随我说?
-William! -Speak freely?
好啊,你给我听清楚,先生.
Oh, I have a language for you, sir.
如果你们觉得收我们一个几尼就能让我撒谎的话,见你们的鬼去吧
Damn you both if you would take a guinea from me or my sister and think to have me lie.
我不要你们帮忙
I will not have you!
好
Good.
太棒了,说得好
Excellent. Well said.
你给出了再好不过的证词
You will not give a better testimony.
噢! 噢,我明白了
Oh! Oh, I see.
-你明白了? -他试探我而我...
-You do? -He puts it to me and I...
非常好,先生
Excellent, sir.
有你俩帮我 是上天的怜悯吗?
And am I blessed to have the both of you to serve me?
呃...不是
A...not...
Garrow先生是大律师(辩护律师)
Mr Garrow is a barrister.
我应该再委托给他.
I would be bound to instruct him.
那就这么办. Mary?
Then do so. Mary?
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表