剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
The matter here is murder.
请您原谅 大人
I ask your pardon, my Lord.
确实 人们越来越愤怒
Indeed, the mood then did darken.
Fox的暴徒 拿起了棍棒做武器
As Fox's ruffians, armed with bludgeons,
企图通过暴♥力♥发泄他们的怒火
sought to satisfy their violent appetites.
在接下来的混战中
And in the ensuing melee,
你看到Joseph Casson受袭了然后倒下?
you saw Joseph Casson struck and fall?
我当时像你们现在一样清晰看到他 他高举着武器
I saw this man, as clear as you see him now, with arm raised high.
然后我看到这个我现在才知道叫Joseph Casson的人倒地上了
And I saw the man I know now to be Joseph Casson fallen to the ground.
我看到这里
I see here,
你在推事庭作供的记录文件边上的空位有一个批注
in the margin of the magistrate's record of your statement, there is a note added.
是一位非常优秀的事务律师加上去的
Added by a very fine attorney.
告诉我那上面写的人是不是你 他这样写道
Tell me if it is, as he puts it here, that you are the man,
'把自己的时间花在用华丽的词藻谩骂'
"Who passes his days abusing with fine language
'那些与Fox先生有关的先生们'
"those gentlemen associated with Mr Fox
'还曾经中伤Fox先生本人'
"and did once throw dirt at the person of Mr Fox himself."
-你质疑我的信誉吗? -你们是不是收了钱
-Do you question my honour, sir? -Were you not also paid, sir,
收了钱聚集在一起对付那些支持Fox先生的人们?
paid to rally against all those who stood for Mr Fox?
你今天到这里来其实是继续履行你的职责
In fact, is not your performance here a continuation of that employment?
你怎么能这样说话?
How dare you that?
除了你这种Fox的支持者
Who but a Fox man such as you, sir,
谁会帮这个支持Fox的人辩护啊?
would defend this other Fox man?
Davy先生 我们今天不是来投票的
Mr Davy, we are not voting here today.
我们谈的是一条人命
We are about a man's life.
你是不是声称看到他们的肢体冲突致使Casson先生丧命?
Do you claim you saw the blow struck, sir, that murdered Mr Casson?
我目睹一幕活生生的死亡悲剧
I saw the tableau of that tragic death most vivid.
回答问题 Davy先生
Answer the question, Mr Davy.
你看到了这个Fox支持者袭击Joseph Casson吗?
Did you see this "Fox man" strike Joseph Casson?
我会坦白地说
I will confess it.
我没看到
I did not.
你不能确定是这个人出手袭击
You cannot say that this man struck the blow.
你有明显的偏见 这次指控是子虚乌有
Your prejudice is clear. This prosecution is fantastical.
现在 各位...
Now, gentlemen...
呃 Garrow先生...
Uh, Mr Garrow...
Sarah女士去哪儿了?
Where is Lady Sarah?
坦白说 我不知道
To answer plainly, I do not know.
我真心希望我能知道
I wish most sincerely that I did.
你觉得我会相信在她拐走我儿子这件事上你没参与吗?
You would have me believe you played no part in her abduction of my son?
这件事我毫不知情
I know nothing of this, sir.
一无所知
Nothing.
但如果是真的...
But if it be true...
我完全不知道她或者是他们俩的下落
I know nothing of where she or they might be.
相信我
Believe me.
那我来告诉你
And you will believe this.
你的贱女人又一次地破坏了我的仕途
Your sour inamorata has once again sabotaged my career
和我的将来
and my prospects.
有这么个丑闻握在Melville大人手上
Such scandal in the hands of Lord Melville
足以使我的努力付诸东流
is a poison to my endeavour.
你不是出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂的浮士德吗?
Are you not Faust to his devil, sir?
不是!
No, sir!
就算Sarah带着那孩子跑到法国去
And even if Sarah is run off to France with the boy,
我都不会放过她
I will pursue her.
我要这件事有个了结
And I will bring an end to this.
Sampson Wright爵士 贝利法庭那边出了状况
Sir Sampson Wright, there is a problem at the Bailey,
-证人出了问题 -再找一个
-with the witness. -Find another.
一起走
Go, too.
我传召Joshua Gilmore
I call Joshua Gilmore.
在起诉书上没看到这个人名
I do not see this man on the indictment.
请您批准 大人
With your permission, my Lord.
我称这是一个新发现
The man I would call is a new discovery.
我批准
I will allow it.
Silvester先生 继续
Mr Silvester, continue.
Gilmore先生 在五月十日 你在Covent Garden
Mr Gilmore, you were at the Covent Garden on May the 10th
看到了骚乱中有这个人 Nicholson是吗?
and saw the fracas involving this man Nicholson?
我看到了
I did, sir.
我还看到Joseph Casson被那个穿红衣服的人殴打
And saw Joseph Casson struck by that man in the blood red coat,
Hubert Nicholson 拿着一根尾部带有节子的粗棍
Hubert Nicholson, with a large stick with a nub to the end of it.
你肯定那个人就是殴打死者的人?
Are you sure that that man was the man struck the deceased?
我肯定 以我的名誉发誓句句属实
I'm sure of it. Upon my word, upon my honour and upon my oath.
先生 你没有出席这案件的死因裁判或者推事庭审判
Sir, you appear nowhere in the coroner or magistrate's account of this matter.
为什么你之前不向验尸官报告这件事?
Why did you not go before the coroner to report any of this?
我的原因是
My reason was this, sir.
我 呃 昨天因为我自己的一些小事
I, er, came up to the Bailey yesterday about a little
来到了贝利
business I have of my own
从公告上看到这件案件在审理
and saw from the notices displayed that this matter was to be tried.
你昨天碰巧来到这里?
You came here by chance yesterday?
-是的 -我明白了
-Yes, sir. -I see.
你不同意我这个说法吗? 即使我本人相信
Do you not agree, although I myself believe every
你证词里的每一个字 但对陪审团的先生们来说
breath of your testimony, that for the gentlemen of the jury,
也许会有一点让人们猜疑的空间
there might be some small room for speculation?
今天在银器街的某件小咖啡馆里你才得知这件事
That the first you heard of this business was today in some small coffee house off Silver Street?
在那里某个法务职员提供了这份讲稿让你熟记在心?
Where certain officers of the law gave you this speech to learn by heart?
他们要让这位先生做代罪羔羊 还要败坏法纪
They would scapegoat this man and corrupt this court.
我反对 大人
I have objection, my Lord.
又一次 他对着陪审团们演讲
Once again, he all but lectures the jurymen.
Silvester先生 虽然我厌恶Garrow先生
Mr Silvester, whilst I abhor Mr Garrow's habit
向陪审团说长道短的恶习
of gossiping with my jury,
但我想我是同意他的忧虑
I feel I can only agree with his concerns.
我听够了
I've heard enough.
各位 即使你们可能从控方盘问中发现
Gentlemen, even supposing you can possibly credit the witnesses
证人是可靠的 我遗憾地说 你们不会发现证人有可靠的供述
examined for the prosecution, you will find nowhere, I regret,
表明Nicholson与Casson的死忙有确切的关联
a reliable account so to connect Nicholson to the death of Casson.
但囚犯是否被判无罪 还得看你们的决定
But it is for you to determine whether you will not acquit the prisoner.
大人 我们裁定无罪
My Lord, we find not guilty.
全体起立
Court shall rise.
Casson小姐
Miss Casson.
Garrow先生
Mr Garrow.
原谅我登门造访
Forgive my calling at your home.
但我被一个问题困扰 需要你的帮忙
But I am occupied by a question and have need of your help.
可惜我爱莫能助
I regret I am unable to give it.
我正要处理其他一些事情
Being concerned at present with other things.
我承认我被昨天在法庭上的伪正义弄糊涂了
I confess I was bewildered by what I saw pass for justice in court yesterday.
女士 正义不是处处可见的
Madam, justice was hardly present,
你昨天所见关于你父亲之死的审判
and little of what you saw was concerned with
跟正义没有关系
the death of your dear father.
我看到这次审判 很大程度上是政♥治♥斗争
I saw the trial was, in great part, politics.
虽然我对政♥治♥懵懂无知 但...
And I am at most naive in matters political but...
女士 抱歉 为了你自身的安宁
Madam, forgive me, but for the sake of your own peace,
让你父亲去世带来的悲痛过去吧
you might let go of the cold mechanisms of your father's passing and...
让他生前欢乐的回忆取代悲痛
allow instead the fonder memories of his living to replace them.
你这么告诫我
If you ask that of me,
是因为你完全不懂得什么叫悲痛 先生
then you do not understand grief at all, sir.
女士 我明白
Madam, I promise I do.
你走进房♥间...
You enter a room...
期盼着他会在哪儿 但他却不在
expecting him there and he is not.
你欢心喜地地要给他讲些什么好玩的事儿
You smile at some small thing and anticipate recounting it to him
但你不能
but you cannot.
一个痛苦的想法...
You chase a painful idea...
缠绕着你的思绪
around in your head that,
'如果当初我做了这个 如果当初我没做那个...'
"If only I had done or not done this or that thing...
'..他现在就会留在我的身边'
"..he would still be standing beside me now."
但你不能
But you cannot.
因为他不在
And he is not.
看来...
It seems...
..你跟我有着同样的悲痛
..you have the shape of my grief.
那我不懂 为什么你拒绝提供一次某程度上
I wonder, then, how you refuse a service which might,
可以缓解悲痛的帮助呢?
in some degree, abate it.
这不是你的专长吗?
Is it not your profession?
是啊
It is.
但请原谅我 我被不安的情绪
But forgive me, I am taken up by a disquietude of spirit
和心中的悲痛缠绕着
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表