马马杜克·沃德
Marmaduke Ward?
你因涉嫌杀害约翰-保罗·马丁奈利被捕
I'm arresting you on suspicion of the murder of John-Paul Martinelli.
撒森先生在哪
Mr Sarson?
谢谢
Thank you.
-她是在为你打论文吗 -我的学术论文
- She was typing up a paper for you? - My thesis.
我们在办公室里发现了一张情人节卡片
There was a Valentine's card recovered from the office.
One-four-three.
她上班时喜欢做填字游戏
She liked to do the crossword on her way into work...
她坐33路
on the 33.
One-four-three.
我爱你
I love you.
-她知道你对她的感情吗 -不
- Did she know how you felt about her? - No.
你是否知道她已经订婚
Were you aware she was engaged to be married?
我当然见过她的订婚戒指
I'd seen her engagement ring, of course.
但是
But...
人总可以有希望
a fella can hope.
-你什么时候把卡片给她的 -周一天亮前
- When did you leave the card? - Before it got light on Monday.
你怎么进入学院的
And how did you get into college?
走这里 穿过研究员花♥园♥
In through here, the fellows' garden.
有扇门通往小道
There's a gate that gives on to the lane.
晚上锁着
It's kept shut overnight,
但如果你会 可以撬锁
but you can snick the lock if you have the knack.
我到时已经开了
It was already open when I got here.
事实上 我差点被逮到
As a matter of fact, I almost got caught.
是院长吗
It was the Master?
我没看到他的脸 但他房♥间的灯亮着
I didn't see his face, but the lights were on in his rooms
而且他又是从办公室出来
and he was coming out of the office.
我就以为他是早来工作
So, I assumed he was just in early to work.
你留下情人节卡片时
And when you left the Valentine's card,
你看到玛格桌上有牛皮纸包裹了吗
did you notice a brown paper package on Maggie's desk?
抱歉 我...
I'm sorry, I...
我还因为差点撞上老斯坦而慌乱不已
I was so rattled by almost running into old Stammers,
心都要跳出来了
my heart was in my mouth.
我丢下卡就跑了
I just dropped the card off and ran.
好吧
Right.
我不管风雨都在球场边看球
I've stood on the sidelines of football pitches in all weathers.
这片球场 那个青年俱乐部
This playing field, that youth club.
大冷的晚上
Nights so freezing cold
我骑自行车回家时 手脚都没知觉了
I couldn't feel my hands or feet cycling back home.
都为了足球
All for the game.
那些早期有前途 但最终没结果的孩子
All those boys whose early promise never came to anything.
那些没胆的孩子
The ones who lacked the nerve.
那些能找到个姑娘成家的
The ones who would get some girl in the family way...
把你对他们的期望都碾成渣的
and then grind all the hopes that you had for them into the dirt.
年复一年
Year in, year out.
让你不禁怀疑这辈子都干了什么
You wonder what the hell you've done with your life.
然后有一天
And then, one day...
你看到一个孩子
you see a boy...
拥有如此出众的才华
..with talent so out of the ordinary...
那只能是上天赋予的
..that it could only have come from the Almighty.
杰克·斯威夫特
Jack Swift.
你尽量去保护他们
You do what you can to take them under your wing.
是吧
You know...
训练他们
train them up.
然后看着他们为些小事丢掉一切
And then watch them throw it all away on trivial things.
逍遥快活
Fast living.
女人 车
Women. Cars.
享乐
Frivolities.
你是担心马丁奈利会重复历史
You were afraid history would repeat itself with Martinelli.
是我发现了他
I found that boy.
我给了他一切
I gave him the world.
我警告过他雷·贾巴的事
I tried to warn him about Ray Jubba.
但...
But...
他却远离了我
..he just turned away from me,
就好像我是个乞丐
like I was some... beggarman.
所以你就打了他吗
Is that when you hit him?
我们在香槟酒瓶上发现了你的指纹
We've got your fingerprints on the champagne bottle.
我夺下了他的酒瓶
I took the bottle off him.
他正要开
He was about to open it.
我问他 "这就是你想要的吗
I said to him, "Is this what you want?
这就是它对你的意义吗"
"Is this all it means to you?"
我夺下了他的酒瓶
I took the bottle off him,
但我出去时 把酒瓶放在了门口的长凳上
but I set it down on the bench by the door on my way out.
伤害那孩子一根汗毛
Harm a hair on that wee boy's head?
我宁可割了自己的喉咙
I'd sooner have cut my own throat.
摩斯
Morse.
瑟斯戴小姐
Miss Thursday.
我找奥卢克太太
I'm, er... I'm looking for a Mrs O'Rourke.
玛格的姐姐
Maggie's sister.
吉姆来过 斯特兰奇
Jim came by. Strange. Erm...
她带女儿去公园了 但她就回来
She's taken her little girl to the park, but she'll be back soon.
你要等吗
If you want to wait.
要来点吗
Do you want a drink?
太早了吧
Bit early for me.
老实说 我更希望你别喝
And to be honest, I'd sooner you didn't...
如果你要找孩子们谈话的话
if you're gonna talk to the kids.
他们大都跟
It's just most of them have experience of...
一身酒气的男人打过交道
men who reek of booze.
俭以防匮嘛
Well... waste not, want not.
谢谢
Thanks.
你以前可不这么挑剔
You never used to be so censorious.
你以前也不会大下午的就喝酒
Well, you never used to put it away in the middle of the afternoon.
"大下午的喝酒" 得了
"Put it away in the middle of the afternoon"? Come on.
下句是什么 "我要去找妈妈吗"
What will be next? "I'm going back to mother"?
我是不是有什么不知道
I feel like I missed something.
没有
No.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
如果有 也没什么
Well, if you did, then it was nothing much.
你写信时提到的麻烦事
The mess you mentioned when you wrote,
你最终解决了吗
did you manage to put it right, or...?
是啊 那一切都以应该的方式结束了
Oh, yes, that all... That all ended as it should.
摩斯
Morse...
这是什么地方
What is this place?
中途之家吗
Some kind of halfway house?
地方议会清单上没有
I don't know it from the council list.
不是地方议会的
It's not council, just...
是个让她们逃离的地方
somewhere they can get away to.
如果她们需要帮助 这是个安全的地方
If they need help. Somewhere they can be safe.
你在拯救世界
You're saving the world.
一次一个女人
One woman at a time.
她什么样 奥卢克太太
What's she like, Mrs O'Rourke?
吉姆没说吗
Jim didn't say?
斯特兰奇警长拥有很多品质
Well, I think Detective Sergeant Strange has many qualities,
但敏感不在其中
but I wouldn't rank sensitivity paramount amongst them.
我不知道 在我看来
Oh, I don't know. In my experience,
需要时 他也能很周到
he can be quite thoughtful when the occasion demands it.
在你看来 你该试试跟他同住
In your experience? You want to try living with him.
听说他进了医院
I heard he ended up in hospital.
爸说是你救了他
Dad said you saved him.
不是
No.
你不该相信你听到的一切
No, you shouldn't believe everything that you hear.
还有可怜的布莱特先生
And poor Mr Bright.
是啊 那年真不顺
Yeah, it was a bad year.
你以前不是在...
How was, erm...?
斯蒂文纳奇
Stevenage.
我还以为会是个新开始
I thought it might be a new start.
但看来 那里的孩子也跟牛津的一样
But it turns out... children can be just as miserable
痛苦 被忽视
and neglected there as they can in Oxford.
再加上萨姆不在 我不想撇下妈妈
And with Sam away, I didn't like to leave Mum.
所以
So...
我回来了
..I came back.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表