剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
we could use some special modelling clay,
放在这里
that sets here
把它们做成像软塑料一样
and just forms into a bit of flexible plastic.
这是很好的制♥作♥和修补材料
It is good for making and fixing things.
我们已经把这些小块儿都粘在按键上面了
We have attached the blob on each of our clips here.
第三步完成了
So, step three is complete.
我们有了控制器
We have our controller,
也就是有了游戏手柄
so we have a game pad,
我们可以开始游戏了
we are ready to play.
现在 我们再回顾一下
Now, that's just rake up here.
我们已经把这座大楼变成了一个显示屏
We have turned our building into a screen.
并且控制了上面所有的灯
We have managed to control all of the lights.
游戏程序已经编好了
We have managed to code the game
软件也准备就绪
so we have done some software as well.
我们刚刚制做好了游戏手柄
And we have just made a game pad.
我觉得我们准备好了
I think we are ready.
现在怎么办呢
What do we think?
现在请帮我们连线南岸
Let's go live to the South Bank please.
很好 现在壳牌中心已经全黑了
Ok, great. Shell building is now in darkness.
好极了
That's great.
准备好开灯了吗
Ready for the lights. Okay?
哈里森在吗
Is Harrison there?
他在那儿 好极了
There he is. Great. OK.
你拿到游戏手柄了吗 哈里森
Do you have a game pad, Harrison?
是的 我拿到手柄了
Yes, I have got it here.
很好
Excellent.
虽然它看起来有点可笑
I know it looks funny,
不过我向你保证它一定能用
but I assure you it works.
好了 一切准备就绪
Ok, we are all set.
大家都准备好了吗
Is everybody ready?
见证奇迹的时刻到了
Because this is it.
我不知道这次能不能成功
I have no idea if this is going to work or not.
但只有一个办法可以知道答案
But, there is only one way to find out.
可以帮我们把所有灯变成红色吗
Can we turn all of the lights red please?
太棒了
Fantastic!
我们真的能控制它
We are controlling it.
把它们变成绿色
Turn them green.
好极了
Brilliant. Excellent.
变成蓝色
And blue.
太不可思议了 我真不敢相信
Fantastic! I cannot believe it.
太了不起了
This is brilliant.
哈里森 你准备好开始游戏了吗
Harrison, are you ready to play the game?
准备好了
Yes.
我们一起来为他倒计时
We should do a countdown for him.
从五开始
From five.
五 四
Five, four,
三 二 一
three, two, one...
游戏开始
Let's play.
太棒了 游戏已经开始了 好极了
Fantastic, he is already playing. Brilliant.
他现在正在移♥动♥第一块方块
Now he is moving his first blocks.
我看到是T字形
I can see a T shape.
就在屏幕底部
Just down at the bottom there.
正在向下落
And it is moving to the bottom,
第二块在屏幕上方
so there is the second one on the top there.
正在下落
And that's moving down.
我认为
I think
我们应该给帮助我们实现这一切的技术团队
we deserved to give the technical team that made that happen
送上热烈的掌声
a huge round of applause.
太精彩了
It looks brilliant,
我们能看到上面有一两个像素点无法显示
and we have one or two pixels out there
就像一些老旧屏幕会出现的问题一样
just like you might have with an old screen or something.
但看起来仍然很棒
But it looks brilliant.
我们把伦敦的摩天大楼变成了一台游戏机
We have just turned a London skyscraper into a games console
和我们设想的一样
and it is working as it should.
哈里森通过按键
Harrison is pressing a button
使其构成了一个回路
and it is forming a circuit.
信♥号♥♥传输到笔记本电脑上
It goes into the laptop and
电脑就收到了游戏手柄上传来的指令
which receives that instruction from the game pad.
调整掉落方块的位置
Adjusting the position of the falling block.
图像在这块13乘14像素的屏幕上不断变换
It is converting our screen of that pattern of 13 x 14 pixels.
所有这一切条件达成
When we put all of this together
哈里森就可以站在银禧花♥园♥
it means Harrison can stand in Jubilee Gardens
在这幢摩天大楼上玩游戏了
and play a game on a skyscraper.
我希望通过这一次
I hope by following our journey
从疯狂想法到付诸实践的神奇之旅
from crazy idea to working solution,
让你们可以了解到工程师的思维方式
you have had a glimpse into the mind of an engineer.
你们看到了
You have seen
利用身边的工具就能做出许多不可思议的事
how the tools around you can do amazing things.
你们也看到了如何运用
You have seen how to think about
不同的角度去看待家里的物品
things in your home slightly differently
以及如何利用它们
and how they can be hacked
实现自己头脑中疯狂的想法
to make you realise your own crazy ideas.
你们还看到了我们如何在故障出现时将其排除
You have seen how we can troubleshoot problems when they arise
并且你们会发现 最好的解决方法
and how often the best solution
往往是最简单的那一个
is actually the most simple.
也许仅仅因为这很有趣
And perhaps just because it is fun,
而兴趣正是去做一件事最好的理由
is the best reason to do anything.
在下一讲中
In the next lecture,
我们会讲一讲电♥话♥
we will be looking at the telephone.
亚历山大·格雷厄姆·贝尔一生最伟大的发明
Alexander Graham Bell's very own light bulb moment
把我们紧紧联♥系♥在一起
but brought us all much more closed together
我们将会调动所有感官去实现交流
and we will be attempting to use all of our senses to communicate
并通过全息图像成为剧院的特殊来宾
and being a special guest into the theatre by hologram.
好了 哈里森
Ok, Harrison,
在摩天大楼上玩游戏开心吗
have you had a good time playing Tetris on our skyscraper?
但还是很高兴能有这次机会
And I am still happy to have the chance to play on a skyscrpaer.
我很高兴
I am glad.
虽然你看起来冻坏了
Even though you look cold,
可是你表现很好
you did a fantastic job.
谢谢你 哈里森
Thank you so much, Harrison.
谢谢在座的各位
Thank you to everybody here as well,
晚安
good night.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表