剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
但是如果你有物体的设计稿
but if you have a design,
就有公♥司♥可以为你打印出来
there are companies that will print one for you,
这就和为你打印照片是一样的
just in the same way people print your photographs.
可以看到 要打印出艾拉的头部
As you can see, this would take a very long time,
将花费很长的时间
to start printing Isla's head now,
所以我们之前打印好了一个
so we printed one a little earlier.
你准备好了吗 艾拉
Are you ready for this, Isla?
你觉得怎么样 艾拉
Wow! What do you think, Isla?
让我们看看你和你的头像
Let's see you standing together
并排站在一起
with your profile.
这个看起来还不错吧
You see that profile great?
我觉得它太棒了
I think that is great.
你觉得怎样 艾拉
What do you think, Isla?
-我觉得很好啊 -看起来很棒
- I think it's good, yeah. - It looks fantastic.
我那时候头发的确是扎起来的
I did have my hair up at the time.
当时你是马尾辫对吧 很好
You did have a ponytail in at the time, did you? Good!
太好了
We're glad.
另外一个特别的事是你的头像
Well, the extra special thing here is that your bust
将会被陈列在楼下的皇家科学院中
is going to go into the Royal Institution downstairs,
就放在迈克尔·法拉第的半身像旁边
next to Michael Faraday's bust!
是不是很棒呀
How good is that?!
好了 先给你拿着吧
Okay, here you go.
非常感谢艾拉 谢谢
All right, thank you very much, Isla. Thank you.
为低音吉他打印彩色手指或许只是为了好玩
Now, printing colourful fingers is for fun for our bass guitar,
那么3D打印有没有更重要的应用呢
but is there a more serious application for our 3D printing?
有的
Well, yes.
我们希望和在因弗内斯的
Hopefully, we have a video call here
海莉·弗雷泽进行视频通话
with Hayley Fraser in Inverness.
你好海莉 你好吗
Hi, Hayley! How are you?
-不错 -你好
- Fine. - Hiya!
好的
Good, good.
海莉我知道你有一只义手
Hayley, I understand you have a prosthetic hand
-是3D打印出来的对吗 -是的
- that has been 3D printed, is that right? - Yeah.
你能给我们看看吗
Yeah? Can you show us it?
太棒了
Fantastic.
你能向我们挥挥手吗
Do you want to give us a wave?
这真是太棒了
That's brilliant.
这对你来说一定很重要吧
Now, this must be life-changing for you, is it?
是的
Yeah.
我很喜欢这个颜色 海莉
I really like the colour, Hayley!
这种粉红色 是你选择的吗
The pink colour. Did you choose that?
-是的 -真的呀 真好
- Yes. - You did, yes. OK.
你能为我们展示一下这只手吗
Now, can you show us something with the hand?
-比如拿起一件东西 -给你芭比娃娃
- Maybe pick something up? - Here's Barbie.
然后抓住
And close.
好姑娘
Good girl.
海莉爸爸 海莉是什么时候得到这只手的
So, Hayley's dad, when did Hayley get this hand?
海莉是今年六月收到的
Hayley received it back in June this year.
整个过程花费了大约六个星期
It took around six weeks for the whole process,
但已经非常快了
which was a very quick turnaround.
真是太棒了
Wow, that's amazing.
这一定极大改变了海莉的生活吧
It must have made Hayley's life just so different, did it?
-毫无疑问 是的 -是的
- Oh, yes, without a doubt. Yes. - Yes.
这件事给我印象最深的是
The thing that really impresses me most about this
仿生手要花费
is that prosthetic hands can cost
差不多数千英镑
literally thousands of pounds,
但这款的花费相当低
but this one is so low cost
这意味着随着海莉的成长
that it means that as Hayley grows,
她总能有大小合适的仿生手
then the hand can always be the right size for Hayley as well.
-是的 -这一定让生活本身得以改变
- Yes. - And that must be life-changing in itself.
是 当然 我们其实可以给家中添置一台
Yes, of course. We can actually buy a 3D printer for our home
3D打印机 这样我们就能自己打印元件了
which we can actually print the parts for ourselves.
那真是棒极了
That's fantastic,
-你们也能在家里打印仿生手了吗 -是的
- so you can actually print your own hands at home then as well? - Yes.
所以你能选自己想要的颜色了 海莉
So means you can choose what colour you want as well, Hayley?
那太好了
Yeah. That's great!
好的 非常感谢参与 祝你们假期愉快
Ok. Well, thank you very much for joining us, and happy holidays to you.
-非常感谢 -谢谢 再见
- Thank you very much. - Thank you. Bye-bye.
现在我们的管弦乐队开始成形了
Now our orchestra is starting to take shape -
我们有一位鼓手
we can have a drummer,
一位贝斯手和一台打印机
a bassist and a printer.
不要忘了我们可爱的打印机
Let's not forget our lovely printer.
虽然这些机器人乐手恰好能
While these robot musicians will get away with
以正确的顺序演奏正确的音符
playing the right notes in the right order,
但有些乐器却是非常非常难演奏的
some instruments are much much harder to play.
我们现在需要一个机器人
Now, we want a robot
来演奏《神秘博士》中的独奏部分
to play the solo part in Doctor Who.
谁听过《神秘博士》里的独奏部分
Who knows the solo part in Doctor Who?
一起唱
Sing it!
坐在下面的这位同学唱得非常好
Someone down here is very, very good!
棒极了
Excellent!
如果待会儿机器人出现故障
If it all goes wrong later,
我可能就要让你来表演了 好不好
I might just get you to do that, OK?!
我想让机器人来演奏这台特雷门琴
Now, we want them to play it on one of these, a theremin.
特雷门琴 1920年 俄♥国♥工程师莱昂·特雷门发明
世界上第一台无须去用手弹奏的电子乐器
这是公认的难演奏的乐器
They are notoriously difficult to play.
因为你必须在半空进行演奏
Because you have to play it in midair.
你能听到一些奇怪的噪音
So you can hear some sort of strange noise.
我左手可以控制音量
And on the left hand I can control the volume.
右手可以控制音高
And then my right hand can control the pitch.
我还没有好好练习过演奏
Well, I've definitely not perfected it yet,
希望机器人可以演奏得比我好
so I hope the robot does a lot better than me!
这种琴特别难演奏的一个原因
But one of the things that makes this especially hard to play
在于为了弹准音调你必须把手放在
is that to keep in tune you have to position your hands
半空中最合适的位置
in exactly the right place in the air.
如果琴被移♥动♥ 或是设置不同
If the theremin is nudged, or the settings are different,
你就需要再改变手的位置
you'd have to reposition your hands.
你必须聆听奏出的音调
So, you have to listen to the sound that's being produced,
考虑它是否跑调
think whether it's in tune,
然后考虑是否需要调高或是调低声调
and then think do I need to pitch higher or lower,
再相应地移♥动♥手的位置
and then move your hands accordingly.
这被称为反馈环路
This is called a feedback loop,
这就是演奏特雷门琴的机器人
and this is what our theremin playing robot
需要掌握的技能
will need to master.
为了说明什么是反馈环路
Now, to show you what I mean about a feedback loop,
我需要一名志愿者来和我一起吹斯旺尼笛
I need a volunteer to help me with the swanee whistle.
好的 那个戴项链的女孩吧
OK, you there with the necklace on? Yeah!
过来吧
OK, come down.
-你叫什么 -莱克茜
- What's your name? - Lexi.
莱克茜 好的 莱克茜
Lexi, OK, Lexi.
好的 我需要你做的是...
Right. What I want you to do...
给你斯旺尼笛
Here's your swanee whistle.
我会转过身去吹奏一个音
I'm going to turn away from you and play a note,
然后我想让你试着重复我吹的那个音 好吗
and then I want you to try and replicate that note. OK?
听清没
Got it?
接着来
Keep going.
差不多了
You're nearly there.
我想你就要找到这个调了
I think you've just about got it there.
这相当难 对吧
It's quite difficult, isn't it?
实际上 你刚刚做的就是一个反馈环路
But actually, what you were doing there was a feedback loop.
我给了你一个音调
So you were trying-- I gave you a note,
你试着听那是什么音
you were trying to listen to what that note was,
据此调整你手的位置
and then you were adjusting your hands and the sound accordingly
这样你就能吹出和我相同的音调了
so you hit the same note as me.
但这很难 是不是 你做得很好
But it is quite difficult, isn't it? Yeah, you did very well.
非常感谢 莱克茜
Thank you very much, Lexi.
这个相当可爱的小机器人
Now, this rather cute little robot
按照一个很简单的反馈环路编程
is programmed to follow a very simple feedback loop.
当我运行它时
So, when I set it running,
需要它沿着一条白线行进
what we need is for it to follow a white line.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表