剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
You volunteered now, Harriet,
-你可得跳高点好吗 -好的
- so you have to be a good jumper, OK? - Yeah.
现在我希望看到你们最疯狂的一跳
Now what I want to see is the craziest jump you ever done.
我希望你们抬起手臂
So I wanna see arms up,
抬起腿 好吗
I wanna see legs up, OK?
希望你们跳得又高又漂亮
And I want to see you getting nice and high as well.
准备好了吗
Are you ready?
三 二 一 跳
Three, two, one, jump!
我觉得你们跳得很棒
That looked pretty good to me.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
请别离开 快
Stay there. Hurry.
跳得真不错
That was brilliant.
安迪 你拍到了吗
Andy, did we get it?
好 转过来看看拍得怎么样
Right. Let's turn around and see how it looked.
从我的角度看非常棒
Cuz it looked pretty good from where I was.
来看看我们是不是拍下来了
So let's see if we manage to capture that.
太棒了
That is brilliant,
看啊
look at that.
非常好
Excellent.
我喜欢你们跳起时开心的笑脸
I like the big happy faces as you are doing it as well.
看起来很棒
That looks amazing.
只需非常简单的电子设备就能做到这些
And we have done that with really simple electronics.
你们太了不起了
You look fantastic,
你们俩做得都很棒
well done to both of you.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
刚才那种方法很好地展现了
And that is a great way to show a wired network
有线网络能做到的事
and what it can do.
可惜的是我们不能像
But unfortunately we cannot plug our lamps
接入小型嵌入式计算机那样
straight into a network point
直接将台灯接入控制网点
like we could with our little embedded computers.
所以我们仍需找到
So we still need to find a way
控制那些台灯开关的方式
of turning our desk lamps on and off.
如果我们仍想在半小时内
If we're going to be able to play this game at the Shell Centre
在壳牌中心玩电子游戏
in about 30 minutes.
我需要复♥制♥一个动作
So, I need to replicate something.
如果要开灯 关灯
If I was turning a lamp on and off,
我需要复♥制♥
I need to replicate
拇指开关台灯的动作
what my thumb would be doing turning that lamp on and off.
需要有指令告诉我的拇指该怎么做
I need something that is telling my thumb what to do.
这需要一个可以发出指令的大脑
So I need a bit of brain
还有一个可以动的拇指
and I need a mechanical thumb.
这里的小物件
So, what we have here
也是你们在家可以做的
is another little thing that you can do at home
这是一个小型发动机
and we've got is a tiny little motor
可以从家里其它的东西上拆下来
and you can get this from something else in your home.
我们要利用它控制灯的开关
And we are going to use that to switch the light on and off.
如你们所见 它和台灯的开关连在一起
So you can see it's just attached to the switch on the lamp.
这个装置的优点是
The good thing about this is.
不需要处理电源
There is no mains tampering,
不需要更改电源线
so I have not had to tamper with the electrical mains.
你们在家里做这个也很安全
It is really safe for you to do it at home.
这个马达连着
Now, this motor is attached to
另一个小电路板
another little circuit board here.
同样的
And again
这种小电路板你们可能都玩过
they are probably little boards you have played with,
并不贵
they are not expensive
我们还从网上下了个软件
and we just got some software from the Internet.
特别的是
The difference is
它上面有一个无线接收器
it has a wireless receiver on board.
让我们可以通过无线
So we should be able to communicate
连接这个马达
with our motor wirelessly.
但我不打算自己做
But I'm not going to do it.
我想找个人来帮我做
I am going to get somebody else to do it.
我打算还来这边
I'm going to go up here again.
但我不会再选同一个人了
I'm not going to choose the same person again.
别担心 萨夏
Sacha, don't worry.
我选你吧
I will choose you, instead.
我想让你 你叫什么名字
What I want you to do - what is your name?
-山姆 -好的 山姆
- Sam. - Sam, OK, Sam.
我想让你通过无线连接
What I would like you to do is wirelessly
来打开和关上这盏台灯
turn my lamp on and off.
可能会有点延迟
There might be a bit of a delay
因为我们现在用的是无线网络
because we are using the Wi-Fi network here.
点这边的开关键
Just using the on-off switch there,
你就可以打开那盏台灯
you should be able to turn it on first.
我们来试试
Let's try.
有一点延迟
Have a bit of a delay.
太棒了 非常好
Brilliant. Excellent.
再关上
So turn it off.
非常好
Excellent.
马达只需要转动就可以了
So all the motor is doing is just rotating.
再试一次以防万一
Try it again to make sure it works.
开 关
非常好
Excellent.
再关上一次
We will turn it off.
确保你可以把它关掉
Just make sure you can turn it off.
你在家经常关灯吗
Do you turn the lights off at home?
是的
Yes.
是吗 你真棒
You do? You are very good.
你比我认识的大多数人都厉害
You are better than a lot of people I know!
谢谢你 山姆
Thank you very much, Sam.
刚刚发生了什么呢
What was happening there was,
通过无线信♥号♥♥
Sam was using the Wi-Fi signal
山姆控制马达左右转动
which turned the motor on and off,
带动台灯的开关
which allowed the switch to switch the light on and off.
你们可以在家动手试试这个
This is something that you can try at home.
对了 我刚刚提到了一个
Now, I have mentioned something there
之前没谈到过的东西
that we haven't talked about yet,
无线网络
which is Wi-Fi.
或者说无线信♥号♥♥
Or a wireless signal.
这是我们摩天大楼游戏得以成功的关键
This is going to be crucial to making our skyscraper game work.
我们的开关要依靠无线信♥号♥♥来连接启动
Our switches will rely on Wi-Fi signals to turn them on and off.
就我们的挑战规模而言
So, wireless would be a much better solution
使用无线信♥号♥♥
for our network
是一个更好的解决方案
because of the scale of our challenge.
因此与有线网络相比
So, instead of using our wired network now, internet cable
我们将使用无线网络
we can use a wireless network.
无线网络现在无处不在
And wireless networks are everywhere now.
我们简直都太会用无线网络了
We actually have become a little bit too good at using wireless networks.
你们想想那些家里使用的
If you think about the wireless devices
无线设备
just you guys have in your home,
我打赌每个人家里都有一台智能手♥机♥
I bet every single person in your household has got a smartphone,
或者是平板
maybe a tablet,
或者是笔记本电脑
maybe a laptop,
家里还会有一台无线路由器
you will have a wireless router in your home,
这还只是家里的设备
that is just in people's homes.
我们要找一种能够无线传递信息的
So, we need to look for different ways, for new ways,
与众不同的方式
to be able to send information wirelessly.
也许这个简单的灯泡能给我们答案
And perhaps our humble light bulb will give us the answer.
我们能使用可见光
Could we use visible light
来无线传递信息吗
to send information wirelessly?
听起来很不可思议吧
That sounds crazy.
我们怎样用光来无线传递信息呢
How can we use light to send information wirelessly?
我要用一个非常棒的演示来说明
I have got a really good demo to show you here.
需要一位志愿者来帮忙
I'm going to need a volunteer to help me with this.
我好像还没有选过中间的观众吧
I probably haven't chosen anyone from the centre yet,
那我就选你吧 穿灰色套衫的这位
so I will choose you with the grey jumper on.
好的
OK.
你叫什么
What is your name?
罗欣
Rosheen.
好的 罗欣 你可以站过来一点儿
OK, Rosheen. If you want to stand over here.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表