剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
配备一套虚拟现实头盔
to give everyone a virtual reality headset.
即使可能 也很难用程序来协调它们
And even then, it would be really difficult to program them all
使大家都能看到全息影像的适当部分
so you all saw the right bit of the hologram.
比如说你们是从正面看到的
So you guys saw it from the front,
你们是从侧面看到的
you guys saw it from the side
而坐在边座的人是从上方看到的
and then the people on the gallery saw it from the top.
因此 最理想的是找到一种方法
So, ideally, we need to find a way
把我们的图像投影到空气中
of projecting our image into thin air.
这样你们从各个方向都可以看见
So that you could all see it.
但事实上这是不可能的
But it turns out that this isn't possible.
目前还没有人能做到这一点
Nobody has found a way of doing it yet.
我知道你们现在在想什么
Now, I know what you're thinking.
迈克尔·杰克逊不是以全息影像的形式
Didn't Michael Jackson appear as a hologram
指2014年美国公告牌音乐大奖颁奖典礼
在美国一个颁奖典礼上出现过吗
at an awards ceremony in America?
还有在一个音乐节上出现的2Pac呢
Or a holographic 2Pac at a music festival?
指2012年科切拉音乐艺术节
吐派克·夏库尔 美国饶舌艺人 1996年去世
的确有过 但更仔细地观察后
Well, yes, they did, but we looked a little bit more closely
发现他们其实并不是立体的3D图像
and it turns out they weren't actually solid 3D shapes.
那只是一个魔术把戏
It was all just a magic trick.
我来解释一下
Let me explain.
这是一个你们可以在家完成的简单装置
And this is a nice simple hack you can do at home.
如果你还能在家里找到的话
Just take an old CD case,
去找一个旧的CD盒子
if you still have one of these at home.
只要盒子上没有太多的刮痕就行
Just make sure there aren't too many scratches on your CD case.
现在你们可以看到
Now, what you can see on my case here
我用了一些黑色卡片
is I just have some black card
使盒子张开成45度角
just to keep it open at 45 degrees.
然后用一部智能手♥机♥拍一段视频
Then I'll need a smartphone to take a movie.
我们刚好拍了一段达拉斯的视频
And we've just taken a movie of Dallas.
他将做我们的全息影像
He's going to be our hologram.
当然你可以随便拍自己想拍的
And of course you can take it of anything you like.
你的朋友 你的宠物狗等等
Your friends, your dog.
但必须是在深色背景下拍摄的
But just do it on a dark background.
这里我们能看到什么呢
So what we should be able to see here,
如果我把它转过来...
if I just turn this around...
好了 大家都看到了吗
OK. Can everyone see that?
你们可以看到全息影像
So you can see my hologram,
看起来好像我还可以给达拉斯挠痒痒
and it looks like I could just tickle Dallas as well.
就像这样
Like this.
他一定喜欢这样 他在挥手呢
Oh, he must like it, he's waving.
很好
Good.
但其实 如果你们
But actually, if you...
我们从这个角度看过来 看起来很棒
We can see it from this angle, and it looks fantastic,
但如果摄像师戴夫从我站的方向看过来
but if Dave the cameraman looks from where I'm standing here,
会发现达拉斯其实并不在那里
you can see Dallas isn't really there.
所以这只是一个全息影像
So it's all just a hologram.
但我们自♥制♥了"全息投影仪"
But we've made our own holographic projector
这个装置你们自己在家里就可以做
and this is something that you could just do at home.
现在我们可以把这个装置放大
Now, we could scale this up
用我们家里可能都有的东西
and perhaps use a flatscreen TV
比如平面液晶电视
like the ones you might have at home,
这的确让我们向在空气中
and this does get us closer to our goal
投射全息影像的目标更近了一步
of a hologram in mid-air,
但它也只是一个魔术把戏罢了
but it's still really only a magic trick.
他并不真的在这里 我也没有真的挠他痒痒
He's not really here. I'm not really tickling him.
因此这使我们无法更好地
So it limits how well we can visualise
在三维空间观察和操作物体
and manipulate objects in 3D space.
理想中我们想要站在全息影像的旁边
So ideally, we want to be able to stand next to a hologram.
我想让达拉斯站在我旁边
So I want to have Dallas just standing next to me here.
我想和他进行眼神交流
I want to be able to make eye contact with him.
我想跟他握握手
I want to be able to shake him by the hand.
光靠一个魔术把戏是无法做到这些的
And we can't really do that with a magic trick.
但在萨里有一家公♥司♥
But there is a company in Surrey
使我们向目标又靠近了一步
that's taking us a step closer to our goal.
他们可以用薄雾幕布
They use a curtain of mist
来显示出漂浮在空中的图像
to display images that float in mid-air.
听起来很棒 对吧
Sounds great, doesn't it?
那么 让我们请出雾屏
So, can we bring in the fog screen, please?
这是冷气加湿器中所用技术的
Now, this is a hi-tech version of the technology that you'd find
一个高科技版本
in a cooled air humidifier.
自来水被注入一个雾槽
Tap water is pumped into a fog tank
在雾槽中水被超声波击打
where it's blasted with ultrasound,
使其成为由细微水颗粒构成的浓雾
turning it into a thick fog made of tiny water particles.
然后用这薄雾来显示图像
So it uses this mist to display the image.
这其实不是用来生成图像的
So this doesn't actually create our image.
我们需要一个投影仪来投射
We need a projector to be able to do that.
我想我们准备好
So, I think we're ready
把达拉斯传送到这个演讲厅了
to beam Dallas into the lecture theatre with us.
你们怎么想的
What do you think?
好吗 太好了
Yeah? Brilliant.
好吧 达拉斯你在吗
OK, Dallas? Are you there?
我来了
I think so.
你在哪儿呢 我在哪儿呢
Where are you? Where am I?
-好的 你在这儿啊 -你需要转个身
- Ok, There you are. - You need to turn around.
太棒了
Brilliant.
太好了 我们能看到你了
Excellent. We can see you.
你看起来棒极了
You look fantastic.
-达拉斯 -怎么啦
- Now, Dallas. - Yes?
我想你是第一个以全息影像方式
I think you are the first person to appear live
出现在圣诞讲座现场的人
as a hologram at the Christmas lectures.
不得不说 我真是太高兴了
I've got to say, I'm really excited,
因为我小时候
because when I was young
都会观看圣诞讲座
and I used to watch the Christmas lectures,
那时全息影像这个想法是
the whole idea of holograms was this wonderful symbol
未来科技的绝妙象征 我简直太兴奋了
of future technology, so I'm absolutely thrilled.
今天的讲座怎么样
And how's the lecture going today?
感觉怎样 听起来怎样
How's it feeling? How's it sounding?
我觉得还不错 你们怎么想
I think it sounds pretty good. What do we think?
很棒
Yeah!
好吧 我真想给你一个拥抱
Right, well, what I'd really like to do is to give you a hug.
但我恐怕抱不到你 达拉斯
But I can't quite do it, I'm afraid, Dallas.
如果能拥抱的话就好了
So, it would be really nice,
不过要不要试试跟你握个手呢
but what about just trying to shake your hand?
-好吗 -好的
- OK? - OK.
-这是我们前面介绍过的机器手 -对
- So, here's our robot hand from earlier. - Yes.
我们应该能跟你握个手
And we should be able to shake hands with you.
我想你已经拿到那副手套了
So, I understand you've been sent the glove as well.
好的 丹 我已经戴上控制手套了
OK, Dan, I've got my controlling glove on.
太好了
Brilliant. OK.
向我们招招手
Give us a wave.
稍等 我先把开关打开 好了
Hang on, I've got to switch it on. Here we go.
-看啊 -我们看到了 太棒了
- Hey, look at that! - We can see it, fantastic!
是你在控制它 看起来太棒了
So you are controlling that. That looks brilliant.
大家好
Hi, everyone.
-打个招呼 -嗨
- Say hi. - Hi!
真棒 好吧 招手很简单
Brilliant. OK. Now, waving's easy.
我想请你握住这个球
I want you to be able to hold the ball
我要在这儿交给你
that I'm going to give you here.
-准备好了吗 -好的 我先张开手指
- So you ready? - Okay, I'm going to open my fingers...
-准备好了吗 -是的 我握住了
- Yeah, are you ready? - Yep, I've got it.
-我想我握住了 -你已经握住了
- I think I've got it. - You have got it.
-看啊 -太棒了 干得漂亮
- Oh, look at that. - Fantastic, well done.
我来试试捏碎这个球
I'm going to try and crush the ball.
好吧 捏捏这个球 现在可以松开它了
OK, squeeze the ball. Now you can drop it.
好的 我试试松手了
OK, I'll try and drop it.
好了吗 我松手了
Ready? Here we go, boin.
太棒了 干得漂亮
Excellent. Well done.
这一切都是为了交流
Now, this is all about communication,
现在谁愿意过来和达拉斯握个手
so who would like to come and shake hands with Dallas?
这么多人举手
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表