剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
今晚 我们将把这栋大楼
Tonight we're going to turn this building
变成一台巨型游戏机
into a giant games console,
只需一些灯泡外加丰富的想象力
using a few of these and a lot of imagination.
欢迎来到圣诞讲座
Welcome to the Christmas Lectures!
2014年英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座
让火花飞 如何利用你的家
第一讲 灯泡的闪耀时刻
今晚我们要做一些很酷炫的事情
We're going to be hacking some amazing things tonight,
我先举个简单的例子
but I'm going to show you something very simple to start with,
让大家大致有个概念
just to get you into the hacking frame of mind.
我先来点涂鸦
I'm going to start with a little bit of graffiti.
现在大家使用的手♥机♥
Now, all the mobile phones we have these days,
都非常先进
they're so advanced that
内存比登月那会儿使用的电脑
they've actually got 100,000 times more memory
还要大上十万倍
than the computer that was used on the lunar landing.
知道我要用它的什么功能吗
And do you know which bit I'm going to use first?
手电筒
The light.
告诉大家一个可能想不到的
I'm going to show you something that maybe you didn't know
关于安全出口标志的新玩法
about a fire exit sign.
大家知道安全出口标志还能这样玩吗
Did you know you could do that on a fire exit sign?
是不是很酷炫
It's cool, isn't it?
你可以在白色部分写东西
You can write on the white bits.
尽管消失得很快
Now it fades quickly
不过我想这是好事
but I think that's probably actually quiet good.
那上面是一种吸光性材料
The material is absorbing the light there
所以照上去的光不会立刻散射出去
so it doesn't emit it straight away.
我这么做有两个原因
Now there's two reasons I wanted to do that.
一是告诉大家安全出口标志在这里
First, just to show you that here is my fire exit sign
二是便于大家理解
and second just by understanding
如何操控日常用品
how everyday objects around work we can manipulate them,
如何玩转它们
we can play with them.
我是丹妮尔·乔治
I'm Danielle George
我是曼彻斯特大学工程学教授
and I'm a professor of engineering at the University of Manchester.
我想告诉大家的是 动动手
And I want to show that anything is possible
动动脑 一切皆有可能
with a little bit of tinkering and a little bit of imagination.
如果我撕掉安全出口标志的绿色贴纸
So if I just peel off the green part of my fire exit sign.
不使用手♥机♥
And instead of using my phone,
而用这个自♥制♥的魔杖打印出一条信息
I want to print a message using my homemade wand.
不过不是我来做
But I don't want to do this,
我想找个人来替我做
I want somebody else to do this for me.
这里有一个平板电脑
So, here we have a tablet
我们可以用它把信息
and we should be able to send this information
发到我的LED魔杖上
to my LED wand.
你来怎么样 你叫什么名字
So, how about you? What's your name?
-萨夏 -你好 萨夏
- Sacha. - Hi, Sacha.
好了 萨夏 我想让你
Right, what I want you to do, Sacha,
在这里写一个简单的单词
is just write a very short word.
就写你脑海里浮现的第一个词
Just the first short word that comes into your mind,
然后按发送就行
OK, and then press send.
不用告诉我你写了什么
I don't want to know what it is
摄像师戴夫可以让观众看一下
but Dave, the cameraman, is going to show everyone else.
你写好单词之后告诉我一声就行
But you just tell me once you've actually done the word.
叶子
写好了吗 萨夏 好了吗
Are we done, Sacha? Yeah?
棒极了
Brilliant.
好了 接下来我要用它做什么呢
Ok. So what's happening with this?
如果我按下这里
If I press this down,
就会接收到萨夏发送的单词
Sacha's word should be sent.
LED在闪烁
The LEDs are flashing
说明已经接收到萨夏发送的单词了
so Sacha's word should be sent there already.
如果让它经过荧光纸
So if I now go over my photoluminescent paper,
我应该可以打印出萨夏写的单词
I should be able to print out Sacha's word.
出来了 叶子
And here we have it - leaf.
简直完美
Brilliant.
这是你写的单词吗 萨夏
Just checking that's your word, Sacha?
是吧 很神奇
Yeah, brilliant.
好了 这才刚开个头呢
OK, now that's just a bit of fun
但也是我们本次讲座的关键所在
but that's what the heart of these lectures are about.
我要用一些家里常见的
I want to be using some simple electronics,
简易电子产品 简易组件
simple components that we all have around our house
再加上一些编码和软件
and combing them with some coding
就可以做一些很酷炫的事了
with some software to do something really exciting.
科技基础材料随处可见
Now the building blocks of technology are all around us
唾手可得
and in our grasp
最棒的是你连实验室都不需要
and the great thing is you don't need a laboratory.
大家可以尝试
You can start to address
一些工程学上的大挑战
many of the engineering grand challenges
在家就可以捣鼓了
that we have just by tinkering at home.
你的车♥库♥ 你的卧室 你的厨台
Your garage, your bedroom, your kitchen table
都是你的实验室
is your laboratory.
在这一系列讲座中
In these lectures
我要使用三件
I'm going to be taking three everyday components
我们每天都用的东西
that we take for granted everyday
灯泡 电♥话♥和发动机
the light bulb, the telephone and the motor
我不仅要告诉大家它们的工作原理
and showing not only how they work
还让大家见识一下它们的其它用途
but what problems we can solve with them.
我们从灯泡开始
So, let's get started with the light bulb.
作为一个来自纽卡斯尔的姑娘
Now, as a girl from Newcastle
我很骄傲地告诉大家白炽灯是由纽卡斯尔人
I am very pleased to say that this was invented by a Geordie,
约瑟夫·斯万在1879年发明的
by Joseph Swan in 1879.
约瑟夫·斯万
英国物理学家 化学家 发明家
我希望通过挑战自我的方式
And I want to honour his great invention,
来纪念这个我们已经习以为常的
that we take for granted everyday
伟大发明
by setting ourselves a grand challenge.
我们用灯泡来做一些斯万在1879年
Let's do something amazing with the light bulb
想都不敢想的事情吧
that Swan could never have imagined in 1879.
有喜欢玩电脑游戏的吗
Now who likes computer games?
很多啊 那今天的讲座正合你们的胃口
Oh lots, good you're going to like this lecture.
请来点鼓声
Drum roll please.
很好
Sounds great.
今晚 我们将把伦敦的一栋摩天大楼
Tonight we're going to turn a London skyscraper
变成一台巨型游戏机
into a giant games console.
这是位于伦敦南岸的壳牌中心
This is the Shell Centre at London's South Bank
我们的目标是把所有的窗户变成
and our aim is to turn all the windows
一块巨型显示屏
into a giant computer screen
然后玩俄♥罗♥斯♥方块游戏
and play a Tetris-style game on this.
说实话我现在有点紧张
Now this actually makes me quite nervous
所以我想知道这会让你们有多紧张
so I want to know how nervous it makes you feel.
对我们马上要做的有没有信心
How confident are you we can do this.
掌声有多响
So by clapping I want to know
信心就有多大 我们能做到吗
how confident you are, can we do this?
我们能做到吗
So, can we do this?
很好
Wow, OK.
很棒
Pretty good.
完美 告诉你们
Excellent, well I tell you,
你们现在比我有信心多了
you're a lot more confident than I am at the moment.
因为我知道现在离完成目标还很遥远呢
Because I know how many steps we've got to go before we can do that
但是信心万岁
but I love your confidence.
在我们开始之前
But before we break that down,
我需要几个帮手
I need some help playing this game.
我需要有人准备好到大楼那边去
I need someone to get ready and go out to that building
帮我们操控大楼
to be able to control our skyscraper.
出租车已经在外面等着了
We've got taxi waiting outside
只等着有人跳上出租车
and I need someone to jump in there right now
到壳牌中心和我们现场连线
and link up live with us from the Shell Centre.
去的人恐怕就没法听剩下的讲座了
Now you won't get to see the rest of the lecture I'm afraid
但你会切身参与进一件很神奇的事
but you would get to be part of something amazing.
你将成为圣诞讲座的一部分
You are going to be part of Christmas Lecture History.
想要去的请举手
So hands up who would like to go now?
就是你 对 很好
OK, you down there. Yeah. Brilliant,
给他一点掌声
OK, give him a round of applause.
你叫什么名字
OK, and what's your name?
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表