剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
每秒可以闪烁5万亿次
can flash 5,000 billion times a second.
真快 是不是 比我的宽带还宽
That's fast, isn't it? Faster than my broadband.
这意味着你能在0.2秒内下载一部电影
That means you could download a movie in 0.2 of a second.
-那可就太好了 是不是 -对
- That would be pretty good, wouldn't it? - Yeah.
真棒 感谢你的帮助
That's great. Thank you very much for your help.
第二步完成
So, step two complete.
把我们的全息影像传过伦敦不成问题
Sending our hologram across London won't be a problem.
但要投射在这里 在我身边可能很难实现
But projecting right here on the floor beside me might be.
要骗我们的大脑相信 面前的是立体图像
Fooling our brain into thinking it's looking at a 3D image
其实很困难
is actually quite tricky.
你得让两只眼睛看见的图像有些微不同
You need to ensure that each eye sees a slightly different image,
就像在日常生活中看到的那样
just like they do in real life.
这是我们的第三步
And that's our step three.
我们如何在空气中投射出全息影像
How do we project a hologram in thin air?
实现它的方法之一
Well, one way of doing this
是使用虚拟现实头盔
is to use a virtual reality headset.
就像这个Oculus Rift[虚拟现实眼镜]
Just like this Oculus Rift one.
Go 8-Bit[游戏网站]的罗伯
And now, Rob from Go 8-Bit
带来了他的头盔
has brought his headset in here
我们能到 这里面有
and what we can see in here
高分辨率屏幕和两个镜头
is a high resolution screen and two lenses.
左眼会看到图片的一个版本
Now, the left eye will see one version of our image
而右眼看到的版本会有所不同
and the right eye will see something different,
我们的大脑会把图像结合成立体图像
and then our brain will combine that image to make a 3D scene.
我转头的时候
So that, when I move my head,
传感器会检测到我的动作 并调整图像
sensors would detect that movement and adjust the images,
就像日常生活中的那样
just like in real life.
所以我们可以将全息影像放在虚拟世界中
So, one solution could be put our hologram in the virtual world.
但这种体验的真实感如何呢
But how believable is this experience?
要回答这个问题
Well, to answer that,
请大家欢迎Go 8-Bit的罗伯和斯蒂夫
please welcome Rob and Steve from Go 8-Bit.
你好 罗伯 你好 斯蒂夫
Hi, Rob. Hi, Steve.
好了
Ok.
斯蒂夫 它是如何工作的呢
So, Steve, how does this work?
比起讲解 我们更想演示给大家看
Well, we thought, rather than tell you, we're going to show you.
请给我们找位志愿者 让他戴上头盔
So if you can find us a guinea pig, we'll pop someone on there.
棒极了 谁想当志愿者
Brilliant. Who would like to be a guinea pig?
就是那位招手的 对
I think you there who's waving your hand, yeah. OK.
好的 你叫什么
All right, what's your name?
-赞德 -赞德
- Xander. - Xander.
赞德 请你站在那里
OK, Xander, what you need to do is just stand here
转过身 面向大家
and turn and face everybody like that.
罗伯会帮你戴上头盔
And Rob's going to put the headset on you.
稍微再往后站一点 赞德
Just stand a fraction back, Xander.
-再往后一点点 -完美
- Just a fraction back. - Perfect.
我帮你系紧头盔
I'm just going to tighten it for you.
这样可以吗 你能看见吗
Is that all right? Can you see?
-行吗 -可以开始吗
- Yeah? - Good to go?
我们得让赞德站得离这里更近一些
We just need to get Xander a little bit closer to here.
抱歉 赞德
Sorry, Xander.
-可以开始了吗 -快好了 还有一件事
- OK? We ready? - Nearly. There's one more thing.
为了让大家能直观看到你的感受
Just so that everybody can see what you're feeling,
我要交给你一个盛满香槟杯的托盘
I'm about to hand you a tray of champagne glasses.
请伸出双手
So can you hold your hands out?
就是这样 然后张开
That's it, a little bit wider apart.
不是手指 对 就这样
Not your fingers. Yeah, that it.
现在请你将双手掌心相对
Now turn your hands towards each other.
非常好 我现在就递给你托盘
Very good. And I'm going to hand you the tray now.
双手向中间靠拢 你就能摸到托盘了
Move your hands in a little bit, you'll feel the tray.
双手向中间靠拢 抓住 好了
Move then towards each other. Grab hold of that, there you go.
我想让它们摆成漂亮的形状
Now, I wanted to make them in a pretty pattern.
我有十个杯子 但九个看起来更好看
I've got ten, and nine looks prettier,
所以我要在上面加个杯子
so what I'm going to do is pop one on there.
所以你的测试难度加大了
So you've got the advanced test.
稳稳端住 你做得非常好
Hold them very still. You're doing really well.
其实 有点太残酷了 我把它调整下位置
In fact, that's a bit too cruel. Let me pop that there.
我们要送你上过山车
We're going to send you on the roller coaster now
然后看你如何应对 好吗
and we'll see how you get on, OK?
-你看见过山车了吗 -你做得非常好
- Can you see that roller coaster? - You're doing very well.
我们要做的第一件事就是
So, the first thing we'll do
给大家看看它是如何工作的
just to show the guys how this works,
请你看左边
if you take a look to your left now.
另一边 但这样也行
The other left, but that works too.
非常好 大家可以看到 当他转头的时候
Very good. You'll see that as he turns his head,
他看到的是周边的环境
he's actually seeing around him in the world.
如果你低头看左边 你可以看见一条小隧♥道♥
If you take a look down to your left, you'll see a little tunnel,
更左边一些
further to the left.
有些小房♥子 请看右边
Some little houses, and over to the right,
能看见城♥堡♥的墙壁
you should see the castle wall.
非常好 我很惊讶
Very good. I'm amazed
你手上的十个杯子还没倒
you've still got all ten of them standing up.
-我也是 -请再看左边 看见梯子了吗
- I know, me too. - If you look left again, see that ladder?
看见没
Yeah?
你会没事的
You'll be fine.
请你看右下方
And if you look to your right and down,
你应该能看见一条小河
you should be able to see a little river,
有湍急的河水和远方的大海 非常好
there's rapids and the sea in the distance. Very good.
其实 如果你低头
And actually, if you look down,
你会发现没有腿
you'll see you haven't got any legs.
-别急 你的腿还在 -有几个杯子倒了
- Don't worry, yours are still there. - Oh, we've lost a few.
别急 你还有八个 七个 我不会数数
Don't worry, you've still got eight, seven. I can't count.
-九个 -还有九个
- Nine? - You've still got nine.
你做得太棒了 赞德
You're doing brilliantly, Xander.
那就是他们给了11个杯子 我都不会数了
They gave you 11 then, I can't count.
做得好 最后一次向左向右看
Well done. Take a look right and left one last time
试着和环境融为一体 享受其中
just to take in the surroundings and enjoy it
因为马上就要变得恐怖了
cos it's going to get horrible in a minute.
别担心 罗伯会关照你的
Don't worry, cos Rob's going to look after you.
越过最高点的时候 你可以向下看
You might want to look down as you go over the edge.
大家能不能制♥造♥点气氛
Can we get a "O-o-o-oh!"
-非常好 你做得棒极了 -好了
- Very good! You're doing fantastic. - Oh, OK.
马上就结束了 还有一个挑战
You're nearly there, just one more challenge.
还没结束 还有最后一跃等着你
You haven't quite finished the track, there's a jump coming up.
你托盘上还有四个杯子
You've still got four on there.
看看最后一跃之后 它们是否还在托盘上
See if you can keep them on when you go over this final jump.
太棒啦
Whoa! Very good.
然后着陆
And land it.
不错嘛 还有四个杯子
That's not bad with four.
大家鼓掌
We'll give it.
真是太棒了
That's brilliant.
我帮你把这个取下来
I'll take that off you now.
从过山车上下来吧
We'll get you out of there.
真是太奇妙了 赞德你感觉怎样
That's fantastic, Xander. How did that feel?
除了没有迎面吹来的风
Like I was actually on a roller coaster
就像坐在一辆真的过山车上
except without the wind.
像真的过山车只是没有风 真的吗
Like a real roller coaster but without the wind. Really?
我们转过来看看你刚才的表现
Well, let's turn around and see how you actually did,
这里有一小段录像
cos we should have a little bit of footage here
看看你在过山车上的表现
to show you with the roller coaster
以及我们实际看到的你的状态
and then what we were actually seeing with you as well.
这是过山车刚刚爬过轨道顶点的时候
So that was you just going over the top there.
所有的杯子都还完好 你做得真好
So you've still got all the glasses there. You did so well.
看起来真的太棒了 你真的做得很好
No, it looked fantastic. You did very, very well.
太棒了
Brilliant.
非常感谢你 赞德
Thank you very much, Xander.
也感谢你们罗伯和斯蒂夫 谢谢
And thank you too Rob and Steve as well. Thank you very much.
对于赞德而言
Now, that was unquestionably
这的确是一种浸入式的体验
an immersive experience for Xander.
但却只有他一个人能体验到
But really only one that he could enjoy.
我们不可能给每个人
And we can't really afford
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表