剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
There is a device called a Scentie
插入上端的耳机接口
which attaches to your smartphone
就能与你的手♥机♥相连
just using the headphone jack here.
人们可以借此通过网络向你发送气味
So the idea is people can send you smells over the internet.
我知道你在想什么
Now, I know what your thinking.
"难道我真想闻我朋友的体味吗"
"Do I really want to be able to smell my friends?"
估计不想
Probably not.
不要紧 因为我们还没那么多种气味
Well, it's ok, for the moment cause we don't have that many smells.
只有十种气味可供选择
We only have a choice of ten.
所以你不会有"意外惊喜"
So you're going to have no nasty surprises.
达拉斯 你也该拿上一个
Now, Dallas, you should have one as well.
我已经有了
I've got mine here, yeah.
好极了 等会儿要做的是
Brilliant. Ok, so what we're going to do is
我向你释放柠檬气味
I'm going to try releasing a lemon smell to you
你同时尝着柠檬味道
as you have the lemon taste on your tongue.
明白了吗 这超级酷
Ok? And this is really cool.
气味会从这儿散发出来
We need to see this coming out here.
准备好了吗
Are we ready?
好 来试试 棒棒糖准备好了 闻一闻
Ok, let's try this. Lollipops at the ready, and sniff.
能闻到吗 能吗
Can you sniff it? Yeah?
-你闻到气味了吗 -闻到了
- Can you smell that? - Yeah.
-那现在气味闻起来怎样 -柠檬味更浓了
- What does that smell like now then? - It makes it more lemony.
柠檬味更浓了吗 对吗
It does it make it more lemony? Yeah?
你尝出柠檬果子露的味道了吗
Do you get that sort of lemon sherbet sort of taste out of it?
-达拉斯 你觉得怎么样 -不可思议
- Yeah? Dallas, what do you think? - I think it's amazing.
你会感觉有一股气味喷出来
You get a proper little jet of scent
很像果子露
and it is very sherbety
也使味道更加鲜明
but it also makes the taste a lot more vivid,
是这样吧 如果那个词贴切的话
I suppose, if that's the right word.
味道更加明显
A lot more obvious.
当你同时尝味道和闻气味时
Does it feel more real
会感觉更真实吗
when you have the taste and the smell there?
会 味道比之前变得更明显
Yeah, before it was, just more sharp.
是 只有纯柠檬味时会更酸
Yes, it's more sour when it's just the lemons,
现在则更像是柠檬蛋糕
where now it's a bit more like a lemon cake
或柠檬果子露的味道 对吗
or lemon sherbet, isn't it?
我觉得就是果子露的味道
I think sherbet's exactly the right word,
因为这会给你的舌头
because this actually gives you
一种真正尝到果子露气泡的嘶嘶触感
that almost fizzing sensation on your tongue.
棒极了 非常感谢你们
Brilliant. Ok, well, thank you very much.
希望你们喜欢这次共享美味之旅
I hope you enjoyed sharing a meal together.
一场柠檬盛宴
A feast of lemons.
-非常感谢你 萨拉 -我深感荣幸
- Thank you very much. Zara. - It was a pleasure.
谢谢 萨拉
Thank you, Zara.
我们之所以选择与达拉斯一起体验
Now, we chose to share that experience with Dallas,
是因为他为大家所熟知
because he's someone that we all recognise.
达拉斯只是代替我或我奶奶来参与这次实验
But Dallas is really just a stand-in, for me, for my grandma.
她才是我想近距离接触到的人
She's the person I'd really like to feel close to.
显然目前的科技还未发展到那一步
Now, it's clear the technology isn't quite there yet.
我们还不能真正触摸我们的全息影像
We can't actually touch our hologram,
也还尝不到除了柠檬果子露之外的味道
and it would be nice to eat something other than lemon sherbet,
但我们正在接近
but we're getting close.
开始今天的讲座时 我向你们展示了
I started this lecture
140年前亚历山大·格拉汉姆·贝尔的发明
by showing you the communication breakthrough
那曾是通讯史上的一大突破
that Alexander Graham Bell made 140 years ago,
看看现在我们发展到了何种地步
and look how far we have come.
想象一下再过140年我们交流方式的变化
Imagine how we'll be communicating in another 140 years.
能帮助我们达成交流梦想的工具
The tools we need to achieve our communication dreams
就在我们身边
are all around us
而这项任务
and it will be the job
则会交给下一代的工程师和科学家们
of the next generation of engineers and scientists,
也就是你们 来完善和整合这些科技
people just like you, to perfect and combine these technologies.
希望届时能将所有人的距离拉得更近
And hopefully bring us all closer together.
在我第三堂也就是最后一堂讲座上
In my third and final lecture,
我会将目光投向发动机
I'll be looking at the motor
看看我们怎样利用电力和运动
and how we can use electricity and movement
打造世上最酷炫的机器人乐队
to make the world's greatest robot orchestra.
但在那之前 先道晚安
But until then, good night.
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表