剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
is to come round to this side for me, please
这样就离得近一点了
and then we can get in nice and close
你要做的就是照着这个念 尽量清晰流畅
and what I want you to do is say that message, nice and clear,
不用太大声 但要清晰流畅 行吗
not too loud, but nice and clear, OK?
请你一直念 不断重复
And I want you just to keep saying it, repeating and repeating,
这样我们才能用听筒听到你的声音 好吗
so that we can pick it up using this receiver, OK?
好了 对着那里尽量说得清晰流畅
So, speak nice and clearly into there.
我把它朝你挪近一点
Let me just move it towards you there.
过来 沃森先生 我要见你
Come here, Mr Watson. I want to see you.
我从这边上去
And I'm going to go up on this side.
声音非常非常微弱
And it's really, really faint,
但这是个非常古老的实验
but this is a very, very old experiment,
你能听见吗
but can you hear that?
拿得离耳朵近一点
Put it nice and close to your ear.
还是有不少杂音
So you can hear lots of feedback with it,
能听到那个微弱的声音吗
but can you hear a really faint voice in there as well?
他说的是什么
What is it that he's saying?
过来 沃森先生 我要见你
Come here, Mr Watson. I want to see you.
过来 沃森先生 我要见你
Come here, Mr Watson. I want to see you.
简直完美 非常感谢
That's brilliant. Thank you very much.
非常感谢你的帮助 很好 谢谢
Thank you very much for your help, that's great. Thank you.
所以我们听见了
So, we just heard there,
"过来 沃森先生 我要见你"
"Come here, Mr Watson. I want to see you."
这就是亚历山大·格拉汉姆·贝尔
And this was the very first message
在1875年用电♥话♥说的第一句话
that Alexander Graham Bell transmitted in 1875.
现在 我希望通过挑战自我的方式
Now, I want to honour this great invention
来纪念这个我们已经习以为常的
that we take for granted every day
伟大发明
by setting ourselves a grand challenge.
让我们一起来做些亚历山大·格拉汉姆·贝尔
Let's do something amazing with communication
在1875年无法想象的神奇交流实验
that Alexander Graham Bell could never have imagined in 1875.
请来点鼓声
So, drum roll, please.
今晚我们将要尝试
Rather than communicating by sound,
通过全息投影将一位特别来宾"请"到台上
tonight we'll be attempting to use all our senses
不是只有听觉 而是动用我们的全部感官来交流
when we beam a special guest into the theatre by hologram.
未来 如果能通过更为逼真的方式
In the future, wouldn't it be great to communicate over long distances
来进行远距离交流岂不是很好
in a much more real life way?
我住在曼彻斯特
I live in Manchester
为什么我就不能
and why shouldn't I be able
跟我住在纽卡斯尔的奶奶
to have a great communication experience with my grandma
像在一个房♥间里一样聊天呢
who lives in newcastle as if she was in the same room with me?
我想跟她说话
I want to be able to speak to her,
我想触碰她拥抱她
I want to be able to touch her and hug her.
或者是跟她共进一餐
Or even sharing a meal with her.
今晚我们能离这个梦想多近
How close can we get to that dream tonight?
为了解答这个问题 我们请到了
To help me out with this, we have TV presenter Dallas Campbell,
制♥作♥过多档科学栏目的主持人达拉斯·坎培尔
who's done lots of science programmes.
你可能在《理论爆♥炸♥》
You may have seen him on Bang Goes The Theory
或者是《地球巨物》上看到过他
or Supersized Earth.
现在他在伦敦的一间演播室内
Now, he's currently in a London studio
我不确定现在能否跟他连线
and I'm not quite sure if we can hook up to him now,
不过我们一起挥挥手打个招呼吧
but we'll just wave and say hi.
你好 达拉斯
Hi, Dallas.
希望我们能将他"请"到现场
Now, hopefully, we're going to beam him into the lecture theatre
跟他来个亲密互动
and have the ultimate communication experience with him.
这听起来像是个不可能的挑战
Now, this might sound an impossible challenge,
不过作为工程师 最擅长面对不可能的挑战
but I'm an engineer and impossible challenges are what I do best.
但是当我面对难题束手无策时
But when I have a big problem and I can't solve it,
我就需要把这个难题分解成
I need to think of a way of breaking that problem down
一些我能解决的小问题
into little problems that I can solve.
第一步 我们需要拍摄高清图像
So, first step, we need to capture our high quality image.
接着需要把图像从演播室传送过来
Then we need to send that information from the studio.
然后要把图像投射在这里 在我旁边
Then we need to be able to project that image right here next to me.
不过这还不够
But that's not enough.
我们还想能够跟达拉斯握握手
We've seen we also want to be able to shake hands with Dallas.
所以我们还需要一种能够传递触觉的方式
So we need a way of transmitting touch.
接下来 我们是否能调用
Then, can we bond with all our senses
包括味觉和嗅觉在内的所有感官呢
and include taste and smell?
第一步
Right, step one.
考考大家
Question for you.
我们现在就在拍摄图像
We're capturing images.
家里有什么东西可以用来拍摄图像呢
What do we have lying around the home that can capture an image?
请说
Yeah.
摄像头
A camera?
没错 摄像头
A camera, yes.
有摄像头
You have cameras
现在我们的智能手♥机♥
and we have a lot of cameras
也都有摄像头 不是吗
on our smartphones these days, don't we?
所以我们可以使用手♥机♥
So, we could use just our smartphones.
其实这个挑战现在
So, actually, this challenge is starting to feel
变得简单点了
a little bit easier for me now.
我将给大家展示一些很酷的
I'm going to show you some really cool ways
玩转摄像头的方法 但在这之前
that you can hack these cameras, but to do this,
我们要先了解它们的工作原理
first we need to know a little bit about how they work.
手♥机♥里有个部件叫做图像传感器
Your phone has something in it called a CMOS sensor
就是这个
and this is it right here.
它就附着在摄像头的镜头后面
So it's stuck behind your camera lens.
CMOS表示互补金属氧化物半导体
Now, CMOS stands for complementary metal-oxide semiconductor.
知道这个并不能真正帮我们理解
Now, knowing that doesn't actually help us to understand it,
不过我将用这四个桶来帮助大家理解
but I'm going to use these four buckets to help us understand.
这个小芯片就是一个图像传感器
Now, actually this chip is a CMOS sensor,
但实际上这里面有八百万个传感器
but it's actually eight million sensors.
它们呈网格分布
And they're all arranged in a grid.
所以我们能有八百万分辨率 或者说像素
So we have eight million pixels, or picture elements.
当你用摄像头拍照时
And what happens is, when you take a photograph with your camera,
场景会被划分为八百万像素
the scene is divided up across those eight million pixels.
但八百万像素对我来说太难想象了
But eight million pixels is a bit too much for me to think about,
所以只用四个像素来说明
so I'm just going to take four pixels.
相当于从图像左上角部分
So, I'm going to look at the top left-hand corner of my image
选出四个像素放在这儿
and take those four pixels from there.
我需要四位观众来做我的像素
So I need four volunteers to be my pixels.
这次我绝对要选你
Now, I'm definitely choosing you.
对 你是第一个
Yep, so you are the first one. Yeah?
还有你旁边的这位
And the person next to you, as well.
你们俩 再加上那位穿花格衬衫的
Yeah, so, you two, and I'll take the guy with the checky shirt.
还有你 戴眼镜的 对
And you with the glasses, there. Yeah. OK.
-你叫什么名字 -汉娜
- OK, what's your name? - Hannah.
汉娜 你站在前面来
Hannah, OK, you stand in front of,
在第一个桶后面
sorry, behind bucket one here,
拿着这两个电子
and you can have those two electrons.
-下一个是你 你叫什么名字 -乔舒亚
- And you're next. What's your name? - Joshua.
乔舒亚 你站在第二桶后面
Joshua, OK, you stand behind bucket two,
这是你的两个电子
and there's your two electrons.
-接下来 你叫什么名字 -艾利克斯
- And next, your name? - Alex.
艾利克斯 站在第三个桶后面 你过来
Alex, behind bucket three, and you come round.
-你叫什么名字 -阿利斯泰尔
- And your name? - Alistair.
阿利斯泰尔 这是你的两个电子
Alistair. OK, so there's your two electrons, OK?
你们就是我的四个像素
So you are my four pixels.
但是像素到底是做什么的呢
But what do pixels actually do?
当一个像素被光子或者说是光粒子击中
Well, when a pixel gets hits by a photon, or a light particle,
它就释放一个电子
it releases an electron.
让我们试试看
So let's try this.
当光粒子击中一个像素
When a light particle hits a pixel,
它就释放出一个电子
it releases an electron.
太棒了 做得好
Brilliant, well done. Very good.
刚才展示的就是
Good, and what just happened there was the electron
光粒子释放出电子
was released from the light particle
电子进入存储设备中
and is now in a storage device.
这个桶代表的
And this bucket represents a capacitor,
就是储存电量的电容
which stores that charge.
如果另一个光粒子击中像素
So, if another light particle hits a pixel,
它就释放出另一个电子
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表