剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表
Oh, so many hands. Wow.
有好多好多人举手
There are lots and lots of hands.
选我 选我 选我
Me, me, me, me.
你来好吗
What about you, there?
好的
Ok.
你叫什么名字
OK, what's your name?
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
鲁帕.
Rupa.
鲁帕 好的 你站在这边好吗
Rupa, OK, Rupa, if you stand this side, OK?
这样的握手看起来不错啊
That's a good looking shake.
我现在感觉就像是在科幻电影里面一样
I feel like I'm in every sci-fi movie ever made right now.
准备好了吗 达拉斯
Are we ready, Dallas?
你准备好跟鲁帕握手了吗
Are you ready to say hi to Rupa?
我们开始吧
There we go.
他会试着握住... 就是这样
He's going to try and shake... That's it.
就是这样 看啊
There we go, look at that!
你好 很高兴见到你
How do you do? What a pleasure to meet you.
这在皇家科学院还是第一次呢
This is a first for the Royal Institution.
你能感觉到达拉斯在跟你握手吗
Can you feel Dallas shaking your hand? Yeah?
他的手还不算粗糙吧 不是吗
He's not too rough, is he? No. No.
好吧 我想我们该
OK, I think we'd better
放开鲁帕的手了 达拉斯
let go of Rupa's hand, Dallas.
-好的 -真棒
- OK. - Brilliant.
非常感谢你 鲁帕 再见
OK, thank you very much, Rupa. Say bye.
这真是不可思议
OK, this is incredible,
但离我们的最终目标还差了一点
but we're still a little way off our ultimate goal.
我们等会儿见 达拉斯 好吗
So we're going to come back to you later, Dallas, is that OK?
-好的 一会儿见 -太好了
- OK, I'll see you in a bit. - Brilliant.
-再见 -再见 -跟他说再见
- Bye! - Bye. - Say bye.
第三步完成了
So, step three complete.
我们能捕捉到全息影像 也能传输它
We've managed to capture our hologram, we've transmitted it,
我们能让达拉斯出现在这 近在咫尺
and we've made Dallas reappear in the theatre right beside us.
我们也可以通过机器手
And we've even been able to reach out
来触碰达拉斯
and touch Dallas with our robotic hand.
但我们仍想更进一步
But we still want to go one better,
我们仍然需要机器手
because we still needed
才能实现握手的动作
that robotic hand to actually do the handshake.
所以问题就是
So, again, the question,
如何触碰看不到的东西呢
how do we touch something that isn't there?
为了回答这个问题
Well, to help us answer that question,
让我们欢迎
please welcome Sarah Bailey
来自布里斯托大学的莎拉·巴莱
from the University of Bristol.
你好 莎拉 谢谢
Hi, Sarah. Thank you.
听说你带来了一项奇妙的装置
I know you've brought quite a wonderful contraption with you here,
我们把它在这里放好
so we'll just get it in place here.
那么这牛的下半身是用来做什么的呢
OK, so, what is this back end of a cow designed to do?
这是"触感母牛"
Well, this is the haptic cow,
它是用来培训兽医学生的
and it's designed for teaching veterinary students.
我是一名兽医 我尝试了很多年
So, I'm a vet and I spent many years trying to teach students
如何教会学生在母牛体内触诊
how to palpate inside a cow,
体内触诊可以确定母牛是否怀孕
which we do to diagnose pregnancy and things like that. OK.
问题是在真正的母牛体内
The problem is, in the real cow,
学生无法看到我的手部动作
they can't see what I was doing when I had my hand inside,
而学生的手在母牛体内时
and then when they had their hand inside, the student,
我看不到他们的手部动作 这样无法教学
I can't see what they're doing, so I can't teach them.
好的 我能试一下吗
Ah, OK. Right. So, could I have a go?
-当然 请吧 -真棒 好的
- Of course, please do. - Brilliant. OK.
所以我是你的兽医学生之一
So, I'm one of your trainee vets. OK.
如果你把手继续往下移
So, if you move your hand down and you come on to...
-就会触到骨盆底 会比较硬 -是的
- That's the pelvic floor, so it should feel quite hard. - It does.
-因为那都是骨头 -好的
- Cos it's out of bone. -OK.
把手向前滑动 手会向下掉
And then, if you slide your hand forward and you will drop down,
这是从骨盆到达腹腔
and that's going from the pelvis into the abdomen,
也就是母牛肚子
or the cow's belly.
对的 好的
Right. OK.
继续把手抬起来 向后往黄点处移♥动♥
If you then lift your hand up and back towards that yellow dot
我们让这头母牛怀孕怎么样
and how about we get the cow pregnant?
好的 听上去不错
Ok. Sounds good.
现在她神奇地怀孕了
So, magically, she's now pregnant,
把手往下放到红色结构处
and if you drop your hand down on to the red structure.
再往前一点点
Go forward a little bit.
如果你从左往右摸
And if you go left to right,
母牛的子♥宫♥有两个角 或者说两侧
the cow's uterus has what we call two horns, or two sides,
这只母牛怀孕八周 在左侧
and this cow is pregnant about eight weeks on the left-hand side.
所以左侧要大一些 就是红色的地方
So the left-hand side is bigger, the red object there,
如果你轻轻按压它
and also, if you press on to it,
会觉得它有点儿软
you should feel it's a little bit softer.
确实 感觉...
It does, it feels...
是啊 有点软 能感觉到有两个包块
Yeah, that feels soft, and you can also feel these two bumps.
并且左边的包块
So you can feel that this left hand bump is much bigger than
要比右边的大很多 真不可思议
the right hand bump as well. Yeah. It's incredible.
小牛在左手边
So the baby calf is on the left-hand side,
所以左边大一些
that's why it's a bit bigger,
软软的东西是液体 羊水
and the softness is the fluid, the waters of pregnancy.
是的 我往下压
Right. So I can push down
能感觉到我在压一包像液体的东西
and feel like I'm pushing down on a bag of liquid sort of thing.
-对 -就是这种感觉
- Yes. - That's how it feels.
好极了 但是我想看看它里面是什么
Excellent. That's really good. But I want to see what's inside.
我能看看里面吗
Can I have a look what's inside?
-我们换个位置吧 -好的 请
- Shall we swap round? - Yes, please do.
好的 大家一起来看看里面是什么
All right. Let's have a look at what's inside here, everyone.
莎拉 告诉我们 这些是什么
So, Sarah, talk us through. What are we actually seeing here?
这里面有个机器
So, there's a little robot inside.
这是触感虚拟
This is virtual reality with haptics,
机器的马达能产生力反馈
and the motors of the robot generate a force feedback
让你感受到物体的形状 尺寸
which allows you to feel objects of different shapes and sizes,
和不同的软硬程度
but also of different firmnesses.
骨头感觉很硬
So, the bone felt quite firm
而这个区域则很软
whereas this area here felt quite soft.
如果兽医学生用了太大的力
Now, what happens if one of your trainee vets
会怎么样呢
pushes a little bit too hard on the cow?
母牛可有些意见
Well, the cow can have something to say about that.
真棒
Excellent.
我不怪它
I don't blame it.
真厉害 谢谢你 莎拉
OK, that's great, well, thank you so much, Sarah,
谢谢你给我们展示如此奇妙的技术
for bringing this in and showing this wonderful technology.
谢谢
Thank you.
我从来没想到 讲圣诞讲座
I never thought, when I was going to do the Christmas lectures,
还会有机会把手放到牛肚子里
I'd actually have my hand up a cow's bottom,
我们都有一些另类体验啊
so we all have different things.
现在我们知道碰触看不到的事物
Now we know it's possible to feel
是可以实现的了
that you're touching something that isn't there.
我这么做时
When I was doing that,
真的觉得有东西在那里
I truly thought that there was something there,
而不只是一个机器手
not just a little robotic hand.
你们可能注意到莎拉用了一个
Now, you may have heard a word there
叫做触感的词
that Sarah used called haptic.
那是她的触感母牛
That was her haptic cow.
你们也许对这个词不熟悉
And it's probably not a word you're familiar with,
但事实上触感设备无处不在
but actually, haptic devices are everywhere.
在手♥机♥上按键时
If you're typing on your phone
你的手♥机♥会震动
and it vibrates when you hit a key,
这就是触感
that's haptics.
向指尖传递的震动
That sensation of touch is being stimulated
刺♥激♥了你的触觉感官
by sending a vibration to your fingertip.
下面我要展示的这个触感设备
Now, another haptics device that I want to show you
实在让人难以相信
right here in the studio, is quite unbelievable.
我甚至担心因为它太难以置信
In fact, it's so unbelievable,
你们都不会相信我
I'm slightly worried you're not going to believe me.
直到最近 触感设备都要依赖某种机械界面
Until recently, the haptic devices relied on a kind of arm or
比如机械臂 就像莎拉的母牛
剧集 | 英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座:让火花飞(2014) | 导航列表