剧集 | 三体(2024) | 导航列表
I've ordered every particle accelerator on the planet to start up again,
全天候运行
24-7.
你觉得那会让智子两夫妻 忙成什么样?
Now, how busy do you reckon that'll keep Ma and Pa Sophon?
不会很忙
Not very.
智子可以在八分之一秒内绕地球一圈
One Sophon can circumnavigate the planet in an eighth of a second.
全球有两千台加速器
There's 2,000 accelerators.
好 假设你安排好了时间
All right. Say you align the schedules and have experiments
定期在地球两端做实验
on opposite sides of the globe happen at regular intervals.
这可能会让一个智子无限期地绕行
That might keep one Sophon going indefinitely.
最好在月球上建一个
Better yet, build one on the moon.
月球?
The moon?
怎么不行? 来回需要三秒
Why not? That's three seconds there and back.
但另一个仍能在人的眼球上印倒计时 把大家逼疯
That still leaves the other one to paint countdowns on people's eyes and drive them mad.
专注于一个目标 会让另一个智子不停运行
Focusing on a single target would keep the other Sophon going constantly.
这对三体人来说是巨大的代价
That's a huge cost for the San-Ti.
就是这样 你已经在为我工作了
There you go. You're working for me already.
我要发射侦察探测器来拦截三体人
I'm launching a reconnaissance probe to intercept the San-Ti.
我找来了世界上最有成就的工程师
The engineers I have are the most accomplished in the world,
但他们都专注于可行性
but they're all fixated on feasibility.
"一切都是有限的 没什么可能实现"
"Everything is limited. Nothing is possible."
这是我对你提出的挑战
Here's my challenge to you.
利用现有技术 想办法让探测器达到1%的光速或更高
Find me a way to get a probe to 1% light speed or faster, utilizing existing technology.
如果你能想出解决办法 就来威奇伍德庄园提出方案
If you can dream up a solution, I want you to come to Wychwood Manor and present your proposal.
来一点吗? -不用了
Want some? - No, I'm good.
确定吗? 可以缓解疼痛
You sure? It'll help with the pain.
现在还不算太痛
It's not so bad right now.
英国佬 对着我 你不必摆出咬紧牙关的坚毅脸
You don't have to do the stiff-upper-lip thing, English.
我告诉你 轮到我上刑场时 我肯定会哭得像个婴儿一样
I'm telling you, when it's my turn on the rack, I'm gonna be cryin' like a baby.
知道吗? 我的身体时不时会感觉很好
You know what? Every now and then, my body actually feels pretty good.
然后我就可以专心地 为这一切感到恐惧了
Then I can just concentrate on the sheer fucking terror of it all.
倒不是说我开始信上帝了
Not that I've started believing in God, exactly, but
但我开始幻想当这一切都结束 我上到天上时会是什么样子
I've sort of taken to picturing myself up there when it's all over.
去他的 这是我需要你做的 好吗?
Fuck it. Here's what I need you to do, all right?
等我走了 你去买♥♥台木屑机
After I'm gone, buy yourself a wood chipper.
放我进去 把我变成一团细雾 让我升到臭氧层里
Pop me in. Turn me into a fine mist, rising into the ozone.
我觉得木屑机没办法雾化
I don't think a chipper would aerosolize
你的身体... -别这么傲慢无礼 好吗?
your body. - Don't be a smart-ass. All right?
这是我最后的愿望和遗言 你好歹表示点尊重
This is my last will and testament. Have some goddamn respect.
那就这样说定了
So it shall be.
嘿 二位
Hey, guys.
嘿
Hey.
嗨
Hi.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
没事
Yeah.
英国的海滩真的太烂了
The English really suck at beaches.
明朝时 中国海军 建造了一种火♥药♥火箭
During the Ming Dynasty, the Chinese Navy built a gunpowder rocket
里面装着小型导弹
with smaller missiles stored inside.
一件中世纪武器也由此诞生 造成了20世纪的破坏
The result was a medieval weapon that caused 20th-century damage.
所以已经有了先例 可以使用现有材料取得先进成果
So there is already a precedent for achieving advanced results using current materials.
要让探测器达到光速的1% 即使只有几千克
Now, the energy required to propel a probe of even a few kilograms
也需要很大的能量
to 1% light speed is massive.
不过我们确实有能量源
However, we do have a source of that energy.
我的意思是使用我们的核武器
I mean to use our nuclear weapons.
装满原♥子♥弹♥的宇宙飞船?
A spaceship filled with atomic bombs?
也许你看太多范·迪塞尔的电影了
Perhaps you've been watching too many Vin Diesel films.
那样的船体质量会很大 不可能发射升空
The mass of a ship like that would make it almost impossible to launch, anyway.
没错
That's very true.
但正如你在第五页看到的 炸♥弹♥不会放在探测器上
But as you can see on page five, the bombs won't be on the probe.
探测器本身的质量会很小
The probe itself would have very little mass,
所以要加速会容易得多
making it far easier to accelerate.
具体怎么样才会发挥作用?
And how exactly is it going to work?
第12页写了
That's on page 12.
我借用了1940年代 斯塔尼斯拉夫·乌拉姆的旧点子
I'm borrowing an old idea from Stanislav Ullam in the 1940s,
名叫"核脉冲推进"
called "Nuclear Pulse Propulsion."
想象一下 有一千个等间隔的核装置
Imagine a series of 1,000 nuclear devices evenly spaced in distance,
从地球一直排列到三体舰队
stretching from Earth toward the San-Ti fleet.
这些炸♥弹♥可以用现有的航♥天♥器安置好
Now, these bombs could be put in place using existing spacecraft.
探测器的质量将不到一千公斤
The probe would have a mass of under 1,000 kilograms
由辐射帆推进
and be propelled by a radiation sail.
当探测器飞越第一枚炸♥弹♥时 会将炸♥弹♥引爆
As the probe passes the first bomb, it detonates,
让它加速飞往第二枚
accelerating it towards the second,
第二枚爆♥炸♥后 又会将探测器加速 如此一直加速
which detonates, accelerating it again and again and again.
如果我们能准确计算出 探测器经过时引爆♥炸♥弹的用时
If we can precisely time the detonations as the probe passes,
每次爆♥炸♥给探测器施加30千牛顿的力
and impart 30 kilonewtons of force on the probe per explosion,
加速的复合率意味着在一千次爆♥炸♥后
the compounding rate of acceleration will mean we can reach
我们可以达到光速的1.12%
1.12% light speed after 1,000 explosions.
就像阶梯上的台阶 每一枚炸♥弹♥都能让我们离目的地更近
Like steps on a staircase, each bomb brings us closer to our destination.
这个概念非常有创意
It's a very creative notion,
但它完全未经测试 而且不容得误差...
but it's totally untested, with zero margin for error...
而且肯定会违反不少核条约...
And it would surely violate more than a few nuclear treaties...
更不用说成本了 几万亿?
Not to mention the cost. Trillions?
很有道理 你怎么看 程博士?
Valid points. Dr. Cheng?
条约是可以修改的
Treaties can be amended.
我们的工作是想出办法 来解决科学问题
Our job is to come up with a solution to a scientific problem.
筹钱是别人的工作
It's someone else's job to come up with the money,
没有解决办法不需要用钱
and there's no version of this that doesn't require a lot of money.
我同意 需要很小的误差范围
I agree, the margin for error is small.
但不是完全不可能做到
But it's not impossible.
程博士 你的提案非常有趣 我向你致意
I compliment you, Dr. Cheng, for this entertaining proposal.
但要真正达到光速的1%
But the only way to truly achieve 1% light speed
唯一办法就是进行数十年的研究
is with decades of research,
光靠花哨的噱头是行不通的
not pyrotechnic stunts.
我们还有400年时间 维德先生
We've got 400 years, Mr. Wade.
数十年算什么?
What's a few decades?
我觉得值得一试
I think it's worth pursuing.
我们越接近他们 就能越了解他们
The closer we get to them, the more we'll know about them.
这是我听到的第一个提案 能在我们有生之年取得光速的1%
It's the first proposal I've heard to get us to 1% in our lifetimes,
我的机构要是一无所获 那我肯定死不瞑目
and I have no intention of dying with my agency having accomplished fuck all.
我们给你找间办公室
Let's find you an office.
一些科学家... -外星人要400年后才到
Scientists... - Aliens won't be here for 400 years.
囤消化饼干还为时尚早
It's a long time to hoard digestive biscuits.
我们算是病急乱投医了
We've lost the plot.
与此同时 一项雄心勃勃的新倡议
Meanwhile, an ambitious, new initiative,
"群星计划"吸引了 世界顶级富豪的注意
"The Stars Our Destination," is attracting the attention of the world's wealthiest individuals.
八到九位数的捐款
For donations in the reported eight-to nine-figure range,
可以让顶级富豪们 获得银河系中恒星的所有权
the richest men and women have acquired ownership rights over stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
这些所有权是大多...
Rights which most...
我不明白
I don't get it.
这是为战争筹款的活动
It's a fundraiser for the war effort.
针对亿万富翁的烘焙义卖♥♥
Bake sale for billionaires.
只要人们捐款
People make donations,
我们就能追上 那些在天空中放巨型眼睛的小绿人?
and we're gonna catch up to the little green men who put a giant Eye in the Sky?
至少他们在行动
At least they're doing something.
有些人还崇拜外星人 挺有意思
Some people are worshipping the aliens. That's something.
我们现在应该用这笔钱来帮人
We should use that money to help people now.
不是资助一场2400年前 不会发生的战争
Not fund a war that's not gonna happen till 2400.
但卖♥♥点很不错 对吗?
It's a good story, though, isn't it?
想象未来版的《世界大战》 是什么样的
It's much more exciting to imagine a future War of the Worlds
比在眼下的问题上浪费时间 要刺♥激♥得多
than it is to muck around with our current problems.
我只是想喝啤酒 什么啤酒都行
I just want a beer. Any beer.
如果你不介意挤在人群中 酒吧今晚可能会进货
The pub might get some in tonight, if you're willing to fight the crowd.
有没有可能让我预购
Is there any chance I could preorder
五瓶下一批进的上佳威士忌?
five bottles of your next shipment of really good whiskey?
你想喝什么?
What'd you have in mind?
麦卡伦30年?
Macallan 30?
昂贵货
Pricey stuff.
我有了一笔意外之财
I've come into a bit of money.
...加入战略情报局
...to join the Strategic Intelligence Agency.
新年之前都没有 你能等吗?
That's unavailable till the new year. Can you wait?
那时候我就不在了
I will be unavailable then, as well.
请进
剧集 | 三体(2024) | 导航列表