Go home, marry the boy next door, or what?
我隐约的希望 她能明白我的意思 可能她没有
I hoped, vaguely that she'd understand my motives, maybe she wouldn't.
我希望 她能加入我们
But I hoped she'd join me later.
-她迟早会加入的 -看来是的
- She has joined you, sooner than later. - So it would appear.
-女人 -哦 男孩
- Women. - Oh, boy.
我们让她进来吧
Let's have her in, shall we?
请进
Come in, please.
谢尔曼小姐 我是格哈德 你好
Miss Sherman, my name is Gerhard. How do you do?
请进来坐 我来介绍 这是施特劳斯部长
Won't you please sit down? May I introduce the vice minister, Mr. Strauss.
-你好 -还有格鲁马克先生
- Guten Tag. - And Mr. Gromek.
谢尔曼小姐 我们要怎么对待你呢
Well, Miss Sherman, what are we going to do with you?
-你要说什么 -她是一个好助手吗
- What do you suggest? - Is she a good assistant?
-是的 -她是一个好的未婚妻吗
- Yes. - Is she a good fiancee?
是的
Yes.
那就好 对你们都很好 她会留在这里吗
Then it would be nice for you both if she stayed here, no?
那取决于谢尔曼小姐
Well, that's up to Miss Sherman.
嗯 谢尔曼小姐
Miss Sherman
你愿意留在你们叫做铁幕后面的地方吗
how would you like to live behind what you call the Iron Curtain?
我 我不知道
I... I don't know.
-你要我留下吗 迈克尔 -你要自己拿主意 莎拉
- Do you want me to stay, Michael? - That's up to you, Sarah.
如果你愿意
If you wish,
我会给你叫一辆车 半小时后你就到西柏林了
I can call for a car and you could be in West Berlin in half an hour.
我不知道 我能和阿姆斯特朗教授单独谈谈吗
I don't know. Look, could I talk to Professor Armstrong alone?
当然 我们时间充裕
By all means. There's ample time.
为什么不明天再做决定呢
Why don't we all sleep on it?
好的 我非常愿意
Yes, I'd like to do that.
我们必须等待 教授
We mustn't keep the press waiting, Professor.
可能谢尔曼小姐会留下来
Perhaps Miss Sherman would like to accompany us?
-需要吗 -我想她会喜欢上这里的
- Is that necessary? - I think she should find it interesting.
好的 我们走
All right. Let's go.
哦 不用忙 格鲁马克先生会处理的
Oh, leave those. Mr. Gromek will take care of them.
教授 请这边走
This way, Professor, please.
阿姆斯特朗教授 会用英语向你们宣读他的声明
Professor Armstrong will now read to you his statement in English.
你们都会得到声明的英文和德文拷贝
There will be copies available for you in English and in German.
先生你来到这里真的是因为
Sir, is it true you're defecting because
华盛顿方面取消你的反导弹研究计划吗
Washington abandoned your anti-missile program?
-我会说明的 -教授 那是反导弹导弹吗
- I'll explain that. - Professor, is that the anti-missile missile?
-用来作为核防御的 -是的
- The one that's supposed to make nuclear defense obsolete? - Yes, it is.
没有问题
No questions.
那意味着你计划
Does that mean that your plan is
把你的秘密工作 移交给一个社♥会♥主♥义♥国家吗
to hand over your secret work to a communist country?
-我有个声明要宣布 -请讲
- I have a statement, if you don't mind. - Professor?
今天
Today...
在我的国家 美国
in my country, the United States,
高层中有人不希望看到核武器被废止
there are people in high places who do not want to see atomic war abolished.
现在 因为这个 一个我为之工作了六年的
Now, because of that, a project that I was working on...
工程要被政♥府♥取消
for six years was cancelled by my government.
嗯 这个工程比
Uh, that project is more important...
忠于某个国家更加重要
than the considerations of loyalty to any one country.
这样 我 嗯
As a result of that, I, uh...
这样 我 嗯
As a result of that, I, um...
我打算到莱比锡大学继续我的研究
I am offering my services to your University of Leipzig...
希望能和
hopefully to work with
这领域的权威 古斯塔夫斯 林德特教授一起工作
Professor Gustav Lindt, a leading authority in my field.
和林德特教授一起工作
Together with Professor Lindt,
我们将研究出一种防御性的武器
we will produce a defensive weapon...
它将会使 嗯 所有的核攻击
that will make, um, all offensive nuclear weapons...
失效
obsolete,
并且因此
and thereby...
避免恐怖的核战争
abolish the terror of nuclear warfare.
-谢谢 -能提个问题吗
- Thank you. - One question, please.
招待会结束
That's all.
谢尔曼小姐 再见 再见
Miss Sherman, good-bye. Good-bye.
教授 谢尔曼小姐
Professor. Fraulein Sherman.
教授先生 再见 谢谢
Herr Professor. Auf Wiedersehen. Thank you.
这边请
This way, please.
嘿
Hey!
怎么来了这么多英国和美国的记者
How come all the English and American correspondents?
当我们要发布大新闻时 我们会邀请西柏林的所有记者
When we have big news, we invite all correspondents over from West Berlin.
你叫什么
What did you say your name was?
格鲁马克 G-R-O-M-E-K
Gromek. G-R-O-M-E-K.
非常感谢 格鲁马克先生
Thank you very much, Mr. Gromek.
让人难以忍♥受的新闻发布会
Quite a reception, huh?
大人物 你仍然带着那个表情"大人物"
Big deal. You still have that expression, "big deal"?
是 我知道了
Yeah, we've got it.
我曾经住在第88大道 你知道那里吗
Eighty-eighth and Eighth I used to live. Do you know around there?
那里街角有家披萨店
There was a pizza shop right on the corner.
还在那里吗
Is it still there?
第88大道的街角
Corner of Eighty-eighth and Eighth?
皮特披萨店
Pete's Pizza Parlor.
我不知道
I wouldn't know.
有些城市 热狗
Some city. Hot dog.
你仍然那么说
You still say that?
热狗
Hot dog.
莎拉
Sarah?
现在你知道了
Well, now you know.
你明天就离开
You've got to get on a plane tomorrow.
告诉他们你想过了 你要回家
Tell them you thought it over and want to go home.
你在听我说吗
Are you listening to me?
上帝啊 你真冷酷
My God, you're a cool customer.
这件事你一定计划好几个月了 迈克尔
You must've been planning this for months, Michael.
你怎么能这么做 你怎么能说这么多谎话
How could you do it? How could you tell those lies?
嗯 我只是 我想不告诉你比较好
Well, I just... I thought it would be better if you didn't know about this.
我仍然不敢相信这个事实
I still can't believe this is really happening.
我今天上午才知道你要来这里
It was only this morning I found out you were coming here.
我不知道怎么做 我不敢相信
I didn't know what to do. I couldn't believe it.
我只知道要跟随你 我
I just knew I had to follow you. I...
本能的要保护你或者什么 我
By instinct, to protect you or something. I...
当我上了飞机
Then when I got on the plane,
没看见你 我就想"感谢上帝 他没有来"
I couldn't see you and thought, "Thank God he hasn't come."
当你过来时 就好像你恨我一样
And when you turned around, you looked as though you hated me.
莎拉 你知道这个研究对我来说多重要
Sarah, you know how important this work is to me.
我必须这么做
I've got to go through with it.
我对这研究的感情比爱国之情更深
My feeling about it runs a lot deeper than just, uh, patriotism.
-你是否意识到你是个叛国者 -我不这么看
- Do you realize you're a traitor? - That's not the way I see it.
你疯了 你怎么能告诉别人谁疯了
You're insane. How can you talk to someone who's insane?
莎拉 如果我不向你解释 是我不能向你解释
Sarah, if I can't explain it to you, I can't explain it to you.
迈克尔 带我回去
Michael, take me home.
我不能 对不起 我不能 莎拉
I can't. I'm sorry. I can't, Sarah.
我非常爱你 你能带我会家吗
I love you very much. Would you please take me home?
对不起 我不能
I'm sorry. I can't.
啊哈 你来了
Aha, so here you are.
是啊 房♥间真漂亮 感觉舒服吗
Yes, a very nice room. Are you comfortable?
哦 是的 很好 很好
Oh, yes, it's just fine. Well,
现在我们都卷进来了
now we are all settled in,
我建议我们一起去吃晚餐
I suggest we should all have dinner in the dining room.
-谢谢 我不饿 -你累了
- Thank you. I'm... I'm not hungry. - You are tired.
-你也许需要他们把东西送上来 -这里有客房♥服务
- Perhaps you would like something up here. - There is room service.
是的 为什么不试试呢 卡尔和我下去吃
Yes, why don't you do that. Karl and I will get a bite downstairs.
你可以休息一会儿
You can rest for a while.
-门开着 迈克尔 -是卡尔
- It's open, Michael. - It's Karl.
等一下
Ju... Just a minute.
请进
Come in.
哦 非常抱歉
Oh, a thousand pardons.
没关系
It's all right. I'm decent.
-是情书 我相信 -谢谢你
- A love letter, I have no doubt. - Thank you.
能和你一起共进早餐吗
Well, now to breakfast. Perhaps you would like to join me in the dining room?
谢谢 我叫了一些咖啡上来 请原谅
Thank you. I think I'll just have some coffee sent up to the room. Excuse me.
那我一个小时后来叫你
Then perhaps I might call for you in one half hour?
我有些事情要对你说
There's something I would like to talk to you about.
谢谢