第一章
第二章
干嘛呢
我听说你有马的照片
第三章
第四章
在这等一下
Wait here.
莉莉
Lily!
莉莉
Lily!
莉莉
Lily!
莉莉
Lily!
嘿 莉莉
Hey, Lily.
- 嗨 抱歉 你刚刚 - 这是你的剑吗
- Hi. Uh... Sorry, you just... - Is this your sword?
不是 是我继父的
No, it's my stepdad's.
你看起来不一样了
You look different.
是吗
Yeah?
看起来不错
You look good.
谢谢 你也是
Thanks. And so do you.
好了 我们开始吧
Well, okay. Should we get started?
尽管他缺少在有关此领域的经验
Despite his lack of experience in the field,
杰瑞德在光学(幽灵)方面对此项目有贡献
Jared's contributions to the project were spectral.
- 这句话说得通吗 - 杰瑞德是个鬼吗
- And does that make sense? - Is Jared a ghost?
不是的
No.
你怎么知道 上面又没说他不是个鬼
How do you know? It doesn't say he's not a ghost.
所以 答案是B 意义重大的
Um, so, the answer is "B, significant."
- 这个测验让人难以忍♥受 - 你表现的不错
- This test is intolerable. - You're doing great.
我更擅长实用技巧
I'm better at applied skills.
- 我有很高的经济领悟能力 - 当然
- I have business savvy. - Totally.
我想现在我最好的选择
I think my best option at this point
就是不上大学 而是去
would be to skip college and just, sort of,
像史蒂夫·乔布斯一样创业
Steve Jobs my way through life.
- 这个办法 - 但是你教的不错
- That's an idea. - You're good at this, though.
比我真正的老师教的好 你怎么收费
Better than my actual tutor. How much are you charging?
你在说什么 我不向你收费 我们只是在一起聊聊天而已
What are you talking about? I'm not charging you, we're hanging out.
好吧 所以我们看阅读理解部分
Okay, so, moving on to passage comprehension.
- 你来读还是我来读 - 你先来吧
- Do you want to read or should I? - You start.
好吧
Okay.
从保罗·里维尔到万宝路男人
"From Paul Revere to the Marlboro Man,
美国人的想象力上始终有一个画面
"one image has maintained a firm hold on the American imagination.
正如和自♥由♥联♥系♥到一起的 比如说星条旗或者是秃鹰 马匹
"As closely tied to notions of liberty as any flag or eagle, the horse..."
你知道吗 事实上 这比我们需要做的文章要长一些
You know what? Actually, this is longer than we need.
我们做个短的吧
Let's do a short one.
你这里有吃的吗
Do you have any food here?
是的 我很庆幸自己
So, yeah. I'm lucky to be at a school
在一个重视课外学习的学校里
that values learning outside of the classroom.
你很早就完成作业了吗
You just finished all your class work early?
- 是的 - 难吗
- Yeah. - Was it hard?
不难
No.
钻研共同基金和信用过期才是最难的部分
Trying to wrap my head around mutual funds and credit swaps was the hard part.
总之
Anyway...
我们继续吧
Shall we?
放着就行
Leave it.
很抱歉我对那篇文章反应的很奇怪
I'm sorry if I acted funny about that passage.
本来你不说没感觉奇怪的
It's only weird if you make it weird.
好吧 我只是觉得你可能不想谈论这件事
Well, I just figured you might not want to talk about it.
- 为什么 - 这个嘛 我
- Why? - Well, I...
我想你现在一定是
Guess you're feeling a lot of...
百感交集 鲜活的感受
Feelings right now, it's fresh.
这个嘛 事实上这很搞笑 我真的没有什么
Well, that's the funny thing actually. I really don't.
没什么
Don't what?
没感觉
Feel anything.
就好像 你麻木了吗
Like, you're numb?
就好像 你难道没有任何负面情绪吗
Like, you don't have any negative feelings?
就好像 我从来没有任何感觉一样
Like, I don't have any feelings. Ever.
- 我确定你有感觉的 - 我是说
- Sure you do. - I mean...
有时我感到饥饿或者是疲惫
Sometimes I feel hungry or tired.
但是 像喜悦和愧疚 我真的感受不到
But, like, joy, guilt, I really don't have any of those.
- 我不明白 - 是啊 难以解释
- I don't understand. - Yeah, it's hard to explain.
也是最近我才能承认这个事实
It's really only recently that I've been able to admit it to myself.
因为我太会观察和模仿别人的情绪了
Because I've gotten so good at watching and imitating other people's emotions
这就让我误以为我也有这些情绪 但是我没有
that I sort of tricked myself into believing I have them, but I don't.
- 所以 这是一种 - 一种什么
- So, that's a, um... - A what?
一种疾病还是
A disorder or...
- 有点像 - 好吧
- Something. - Oh, well,
心理医生肯定会认为这是一种病
the shrink would sure like it to be.
首先这是一种比严重抑郁更模糊的人格
First it was borderline personality then severe depression.
昨天 她说我有一种有反♥社♥会♥精神分♥裂♥的倾向
Yesterday, she said it was anti-social with schizoid tendencies.
她其实只是乱翻着第五版精神疾病诊断和统计手册
She's basically just flipping through random pages of the DSM-5
给我乱开药
and throwing medications at me.
但是我的大脑很健康
But I have a perfectly healthy brain.
只是没有感情而已
It just doesn't contain feelings.
没有感情也不代表我就是个坏人
And that doesn't necessarily make me a bad person.
只是代表着要想成为好人我需要比别人更努力一点
Just means I have to work a little harder than everyone else to be good.
- 两小时到了 - 是啊
- Two hours? - Yeah.
很高兴你定了一个闹钟以防我们一起玩的比预想的时间长
Glad you set an alarm to make sure we didn't hang out longer than intended.
不是的 我是说
Oh, no, I mean...
- 我是给我妈妈设的 - 你知道我有我妈妈邮件密♥码♥吧
- I have this thing with my mom. - You know I have my mom's email password.
- 什么 - 我昨天看了她的每日收件箱
- Sorry? - It means I read her inbox daily.
我看见你和她的邮件了
I saw your thread with her.
她需要给你加价到100到200一小时才能让你同意教我
How she had to bump up from 100 to 200 an hour to get you to do this.
下次别说你不收费
Just next time don't say you're not charging.
顺便说一下 她很迫切的想找别人和我玩
She was desperate to set up a play-date, by the way.
她已经找了两星期了
She's been trying for two weeks.
如果你有点耐心 你本可以挣500块的
You could've gotten 500 out of her if you'd stood pat.
但是等我下飞机看到的美国
"But the America I found when I got off the plane
和我妈妈讲的故事里完全不同
"was nothing like Mother's stories.
车排成排挤在很久没维修过的高速公路上
"Cars stood in lines along ill-maintained highways
小巷子里是成群的耸着肩掷骰子的年轻人
"and gangs of slumped-shouldered men tossed dice in alleyways.
我不知道我是应该感到被她背叛
"I didn't know whether to feel betrayed by my mother,
还是感到遗憾 因为就连这片新大♥陆♥的不完美
"or to feel grief that, even as imperfect as this new land might be,
她都看不见
"she wasn't here to see it."
好了 你会如何总结这篇文章呢
Okay, so how would you summarize that passage?
很不好
Bad.
不是的
No, uh...
不是评价 只是总结
Not evaluate. Just summarize.
你这次打电♥话♥预约的时间吗
You make the arrangement by phone this time?
- 你在说什么 - 在邮件里没有和我妈妈谈钱
- What are you talking about? - No email with my mom about payment.
我这次不收钱
I'm not getting paid this time.
我不想要钱
I don't want payment.
你想要什么
What do you want?
没什么 我只是想见你
Nothing. I just wanted to see you.
莉莉
Lily?
我要出去骑车 你介意告诉你妈妈
I'm gonna go ride. You mind telling your mother...
阿曼达 这是马克 马克 这是阿曼达
Um, Amanda, this is Mark. Mark, this is Amanda.
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you.
是
Yeah.
你需要什么吗
Did you need something?
- 不需要 - 好吧
- No. - Okay.
好吧
Okay.
好了 第九题
Okay, so, question nine.
所以作者对她妈妈的翡翠盒子的态度
Uh, the author's attitude towards her mother's jade box
可以初步总结为
can be primarily described as...
哇
Wow.
- 哇什么 - 你讨厌他
- "Wow," what? - You hate him.
所以 答案A 严肃的
So, it's "A, solemn.
- B 蔑视的 - 你瞧不起他
- "B, contemptuous." - You despise him.
不是的 我们
No, we...
我们有不同 但是
Have our differences, but...
我尽力和他拥有一个愉快成熟的关系
I'm trying very hard to have a pleasant and mature relationship with him.
- C 嘲讽的 D 矛盾的 - 因为他有钱吗
- So, "C, sardonic. D, ambivalent." - Because he's rich?
- 你说什么 - 因为他留给你好几沓子钱吗
- Excuse me? - Because he leaves you envelopes of money.
那是用来修我的电脑的
Okay, that was for my broken laptop.
他没有留给我几沓子钱
He doesn't just leave me envelopes of money.