克洛伊
Chloe!
克洛伊
Chloe?
克洛伊
Chloe!
当心
Be careful!
要不我说话 你用那个可以吗
Is it okay if I speak and we use that?
可以 -好的
Yeah. - Okay.
我也懂手语 不过用这个能表达的更详细
My signing is adequate, but, this will get fairly detailed.
好的 你的住址
Okay, so, your address.
是在科德角吗
Oh, that's Cape Cod, isn't it?
你是从那里来的吗
Is that where you're from?
不是 我来自马里兰州
No, no, I'm from Maryland.
我和父亲住在那里
I live there with my dad.
他是位医生
He's a doctor.
那里是我们的老房♥子 是个避暑别♥墅♥
That's our old, like, summer house.
我有好几年没去过了 我们正打算卖♥♥了它
I haven't been in years. We're selling it.
哦 我知道了
Oh, I see.
那么你是如何找到我们的
So how did you find out about us?
网上看的 我一直在关注你的项目
Online. I've been following your project.
你没有植入人工耳蜗吗
And no cochlear implant?
没有 一直没找到合适的机会
No, no the timing was never right.
每个人情况都不同
Oh, everyone is different.
你的失聪 形象和表达能力
And with your hearing loss, profile, and speech,
让你很适合做我们研究的优秀候选人
you are an excellent candidate for our study.
我还在接受言语治疗
I still see a speech therapist.
好的
Oh, okay.
我必须问一下
So, I have to ask.
你为什么愿意做这个
Why are you doing this?
重获听觉可能会出现严重不适
Regaining sensory ability can be quite jarring.
我记得
I remember...
听见声音
hearing sounds...
还有说话声
voices and...
这些感觉
it's still...
我还没忘
inside me.
寂静只不过是我……
The silence, it's just something I've...
去适应的东西
adjusted to.
可是这次
But this...
这次是我的机会
this is mine!
好的
Okay.
这是第一步临床试验
Well, this is a stage one clinical trial.
现在 成熟的听觉神经细胞一旦被损坏
Right now, once mature auditory nerve cells are damaged,
就无法修复
that's it.
失聪就是不可逆的
Hearing loss is irreversible.
这项研究的目的就是要改变这个状况
The purpose of this study is to change that.
我们会用实验基因编辑技术
We are using an experimental gene editing technique
去模拟内耳的产前细胞生产
that mimics prenatal cellular growth in the inner ear.
这个步骤相对比较简单
The procedure itself is relatively simple.
会给你的内耳注射一种干细胞相关逆转录病毒
A stem cell-associated retrovirus is injected into your inner ear.
这种逆转录病毒会感染周围的组织
This retrovirus will "infect" the surrounding tissue
刺♥激♥组织中负责听觉细胞生长的基因
with a gene responsible for auditory cell growth.
受损的神经纤维就能重新生长复原
The damaged nerve fibers will grow back, restored.
你的听觉就能随之恢复
And your sense of hearing will return.
你现在可以把绷带取下来了
You can probably take those bandages off now.
等明天你再戴回助听器
Just wait to put your hearing aids back in until tomorrow.
可能要几周时间才能看到效果
It could be weeks until we see results.
感觉会像是感冒
Kind of like a cold.
我们必须顺其自然
We have to allow it to run its course.
噢
Oh!
好的
Alright,
用这个每天滴两滴
use these drops twice a day.
早晚各一次
Once in the morning and once at night.
好的
Okay.
这种类固醇溶液可以促进生长
It's a steroidal solution to increase cell growth
并且抑制免疫反应
and slow the immune response.
你可能会出现一些轻微的副作用
You might experience some minor side effects.
比如心率加快 头晕目眩 不过都不会太严重
Increased heart rate, light headedness, dizziness, but nothing too serious.
我们很抱有希望
We're being hopeful.
不过要记住
But, please remember that
没有效果的可能性还是很大的
there is a strong possibility this may not work.
好的
Okay.
哦
Oh!
给你 这是我的名片
Here you go. This is my card.
如果你有什么问题 可以直接联♥系♥我
Please don't hesitate to email or text me if you have any questions or problems.
好的
Okay.
我是克洛伊
I'm Chloe.
克洛伊
Chloe!
克洛伊
Chloe!
妈妈
Mom!
当心
Be careful!
克洛伊
Chloe!
当心
Be careful!
克洛伊
Chloe!
妈妈
Mom!
克洛伊
Chloe!
等等 等等
Hold on, hold on.
好的 你可以再说一次吗
Okay... okay... can you say... can you say that again?
我是汉克·福勒 你父亲让我来修热水器
I'm Hank Fowler, your dad called me about the water heater.
没错
Right.
是的 是的
Yes, yes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
好的 抱歉吓到了你
Yep. Sorry to startle you.
噢
Oh!
你是克洛伊
You're little Chloe?
上次见你时 你才这么高
Last time I saw you you were yay high.
是的 那是十二年前了
Yeah, that was like twelve years ago.
你的耳朵怎么样了
How are you doing with your...
我已经适应了
I've adjusted.
你父亲说你在城里参加了一些
Your dad said you were in town for some sort of...
研究
study.
是的
Yeah.
为了恢复听力
To restore my hearing.
他们还有这本事
They can do that?
还没有成功
Not yet.
现在只是试验阶段 不过我们很抱希望
It's an experiment, but we're hopeful.
那祝你好运
Good luck with that, wow.
我去帮你修热水器
I can get you hot water.
在那里 -我知道
It's in... I know...
可以用了
Should be good here.
好的
Okay.
你父亲说你打算卖♥♥掉这里
Your dad said you're looking to sell the place.
我知道他之前打算办民宿
I know he tried the Airbnb thing.
是的
Y-yeah...
只是这事离我们太遥远
yeah, it's just too far for us.
现在是时候了
It's time.
是啊
Yeah...
我想也是
I'd say.
那好吧
All right, well,
如果你有什么需要 尽管告诉我
if you need anything, just let me know.
其实还有一件事
Actually there is one thing.
行了 试一试
All right, give it a try.
可以开了
That's the Swedes for you.
这车年龄比你都大
This is older than you are.
如果是我 我不会这样开回马里兰州 最好彻底检修一遍
I wouldn't drive it back to Maryland without having it looked at first.
这段时间你最好多出去走走
Should have the roads to yourself this time of year.
如果你不习惯 这个淡季你会觉得很孤独
Though the off season could get lonely if you're not used to it.
我昨晚看到沼泽对面有灯光
I saw a light on across the marsh last night.
可能是逾期的租客
Could be late renters.
不过也有瘾君子会侵占那些空房♥子
Though the addicts like to squat in empty houses.
这个地方存在这个问题
There's a problem with that here.
你不会有事的
You'll be okay.
我大多数时间就在下面港口那里 他们叫我港务长
I'm down at the harbor most days, they made me Harbormaster.