你当时问起我父亲
The chap who inquired about my father,
和对面那栋房♥子的事
and the house that used to stand across the way.
这是不可能的
But no... No, that's impossible!
你一点都没变 你没变老 还有你的衣服...
You haven't changed. You're not a day older. And your clothes!
别担心 费比 说来话长 是这样的...
Don't worry, Filby. It'll take time to explain, but...
这是最后一次警报 快点...
That's the last alert! Hurry! Hurry!
听我说 这真的很重要
Listen, this is important.
看
Look!
原子卫星逼近了 这才重要 跟我来
An atomic satellite, zeroing in. That's important.
-跟我来...-费比...我必须得跟你说...
-Come on! come on! -Filby, I have to talk to you...
费比...
Filby!
等到安全时再出来
Hide till the all clear!
费比 我要跟你谈谈
But, Filby, I've got to talk to you!
人类几百年来的努力一瞬间化为乌有
The labor of centuries, gone in an instant.
人类的暴行引发大自然的火山运动
Mother Earth, aroused by man 's violence...
自然之母终于决定以暴制暴
... responded with volcanic violence of her own.
还好时光机让我免于被烧死
Only my speed through time saved me
囚禁在石块中的噩运
from being encased in a stone forever.
熔岩渐渐冷却
The molten rock cooled.
我向上苍祷告
I prayed...
不知道要过多少年 风雨才能蚀穿囚禁我的岩石
... wondering how many centuries, how many eons must pass...
让我重见天日
... before the wind and rain could wear away the mountain that enclosed me.
伸手不见五指
Darkness.
一连数百年的黑暗
Darkness for centuries.
不知道我上方是否仍然战争
I wondered if there was still a war being waged on the ground above me...
地球上是否还有人类
... if man would still exist on earth when I saw the sun again.
我是否还有看到太阳的一天
The centuries rolled by.
时光飞逝
I put my trust in time...
我现在只有信任岁月 等待身边的岩石被侵蚀殆尽
... and waited for the rock to wear down around me.
我又自♥由♥了
I was free again!
过了千百万年 但大地仍然青葱如昔
Thousands of centuries passed but the Earth stayed green.
世界上不再有冬天 不再有战争
There was no winter, no wars.
人类是否终于学会如何控制
Had man learned to control both
天候和人类的劣根性
the elements and himself?
我一定得停下来查个清楚
I had to stop and find out.
但我停的太快
But I'd stopped too fast.
真壮观
Magnificent!
到处都是美丽的花
Flowers! Beautiful flowers everywhere!
自然之美无法言谕
Natural splendor beyond compare.
我仿佛走在一座大花♥园♥中
The whole landscape a garden
没有杂草 也没有多刺的灌木
without any weeds or briars.
结实累累的奇异树木和藤蔓
Trees and vines laden with fruit of strange shapes and colors.
大自然终于被驯服了
Nature tamed completely...
而且比以往都要丰硕 我终于找到天堂了
... and more bountiful than ever! At last I'd found a paradise.
但如果世上只有我一个人 就不算天堂
But it would be no paradise if it belong to me alone.
数百年来年久失修 也许早就荒废了
Unrepaired for centuries. Maybe unlived-in for as long.
有人在吗...
Anybody here?
原来这就是人类的未来
So this is man 's future:
沐浴在阳光下 在清澈的溪中嬉戏
To bask in the sun, bathe in the streams...
大啖俯拾即是的果实
and eat the fruits of the Earth,
以往的努力及艰辛全抛诸脑后
with all knowledge of work and hardship forgotten.
有何不可呢
Well, and why not?
你们为什么呆坐在这里 快去救她
Don't just sit there! Help her!
你没事吧
Are you all right?
谢谢
Thank you.
你为什么要这么做
Why did you?
做什么
Why did I what?
救我
Come after me.
坐吧
Sit down.
我当时这么做 是为了要救你的命
I did it to save your life.
但显然你和其他人 对此一点都不在意
That doesn't seem to mean much to you, or anybody else around here.
是吗
It doesn't.
你知不知道你的朋友眼睁睁地看着你溺水
Do you realized there's about twenty of your friends were watching you drown.
但却像雕像般纹风不动
Not one of them lifted a finger to save you.
他们的行为真怪
That's a very curious attitude.
这个世界真怪
A very curious world.
你一点都不想知道我是谁 我从哪儿来的吗
Aren't you at least interested in who I am? Where I come from?
我该好奇吗
Should I be?
也许你该带我去见这里的长者
I think perhaps you should take me to somebody a little older.
我想跟他谈谈
Somebody I can talk to.
这里没有年纪大的人
There is no one older.
你是说这里的人都不会变老吗
Do you mean nobody ages in this land of yours?
你叫什么名字
Well, What's your name?
薇娜
Weena.
薇娜 怎么拼
Weena? How do you spell it?
拼
Spell?
拼字啊 写字 你不会写字吗
Spell, write. Can't you write?
像这样
Look.
薇娜
Weena
你是哪一族的
What are your people called?
艾诺伊
Eloi.
艾诺伊
Eloi.
-我该走了 -为什么 怎么了
-Come. We must go now. -Why? What's wrong?
天要黑了
It's getting dark.
什么
what?
我实在饿坏了
I don't mind telling you, I'm quite hungry.
我长途跋涉才到这儿来
I've come a long, long way.
在我那年代这么大的梅子
You know. In my time, a berry that size,
会成为闻名世界的头条新闻
would've been big news all over the world.
对不起
Excuse me, sir.
先生
Sir?
也许人类的好奇心已死 甚至连礼节都荡然无存
Perhaps curiosity has died. Perhaps...
但是我千辛万苦才到这儿来
...courtesy is die, but I have come a long way,
有几件事一定要问清楚
and I would like to know a few things.
为什么
Why?
因为等我回去
Well, Because I shall return to my time,
我的同胞会问我许多问题
and my people will ask me questions.
比如说统治你们世界的是什么样的政♥府♥
Such as: What kind of government rules your world?
我们没有政♥府♥
We have no government.
你们一定有立法 执法的机关吧
Well, you must have a body of men who pass and enforce laws.
法律
Laws?
我们没有法律
There are no laws.
你们的衣服跟食物是哪来的
Where do you get food and clothing?
难道都没有人工作吗
Doesn't anybody work?
没有
No.
那这些东西都是从哪儿来的
Where does that come from?
长出来的
It grows. It always grows.
我知道 但是一定要有人去耕种 灌概...
Yes I know, but it must be cultivated and planted and nurtured...
还是你们的经济已经非常进步
Well, unless you...You have an economy so well-developed
你们可以把全副心力花在读书
that you can spend all your time...
做实验上 对不对
studying and experimenting? Is that right?
你的问题真多
You ask many questions.
人要有好奇心才能学习发展 我想多学一点
Well, That is the only way man has learned and developed. I wish to learn.
我想了解你们 和你们的文明
I want to learn about your civilization.
或许...你们有没有书
Perhaps you...Do you have books?
书
Books?
我们有书啊
Yes, we have books.
那太好了
Oh Wonderful!
我可以藉由研读书本来了解你们
I can learn about you from books.They'll tell me what I want to know.
我想知道的书上都会有 你们看那些书吗
They'll tell me what I want to know. Could I see the books?
这些书本果然让我进一步了解你们
Yes, they do tell me all about you.
你们做了什么
What have you done?
数千年来不断的研究创造
Thousands of years of building, rebuilding, creating and re-creating...
你们却让这些学识灰飞烟灭
so you can let it crumble to dust!
数百万年来人们为了追求美梦 不惜牺牲生命
A million years of sensitive men dying for their dreams.
为的是什么
For what? !
就为了要让你们游泳 跳舞 玩耍吗
So you can swim and dance... ...and play!
你们全都听好 我要回我自己的时代了
You! All of you! I'm going back to my own time!
我甚至不会告诉其他人 为未来奋斗只是惘然
I won't bother to tell of the useless struggle, the hopeless future.
但至少我能和有人性的人在一起
But at least I'll die among men!