Last set of messages they did get from him didn't make any sense at all.
起初,他们以为它可能是去丛林旅行了,但现在已经六周了,他们很担心。
At first they thought he might have made a trip into the bush but it's six weeks now and they're worried.
所以只要你收拾好你的装备…我已经打包好几个星期了。
So as soon as you can get your gear packed... I've been packed for weeks.
醒醒,医生。
Wake up, doc.
没有独木舟,没有狗,没有鸡。
No canoes, not a dog, not a chicken.
好吧,至少他在这里。他的留声机响了。
Well, at least he's here. His gramophone is going.
这家伙叫什么名字?Frolick。
What's this fellow's name? Frolick.
哈利frolick ?
Harry frolick?
是啊,你认识他?
Yeah, you know him?
见过他。
Met him.
哦。
Uh-oh.
是什么?
What is it?
巫术。
Witchcraft.
黑魔法。
Black magic.
Frolick吗?
Frolick?
Frolick吗?
Frolick?
他一定在这附近。
He's got to be here somewhere.
你待在这里,医生。我去村子里看看。
You stay here, doc. I'll have a look through the village.
Frolick吗?哈利frolick ?
Frolick? Harry frolick?
还记得我吗?
Remember me?
德尔格。
Drager.
在rokul。
At rokul.
安东德尔格。
Anton drager.
别闹了,嬉戏。
Stop it, frolick.
Frolick。
Frolick.
阻止它。
Stop it.
Frolick。
Frolick.
我的上帝。
My god.
先生们,请稍等。
Gentlemen, just a moment.
我们要做的就是确定这个人到底发生了什么事。
All we're trying to do is to determine what happened to the man.
我刚告诉过你。
And I just told you.
酗酒过度饮酒引起的精神状态
A psychotic state induced by excessive use of alcohoi.
这就是你的诊断?
And that's your diagnosis?
这就是报告的内容吗?是的。
That's what goes into the report? Yes.
不!事情没那么简单。
No! It's not that simple.
我不是医生,但你不能把哈里·弗里克说成是喝醉了疯了。
I'm no doctor, but you can't write Harry frolick off as some drunk gone mad.
他经历了地狱,有人让他经历了。
He went through hell and somebody put him through it.
哈里·弗罗利克唯一翻过的东西就是他能摸到的所有瓶子。
The only thing Harry frolick went through was as many bottles as he could lay his hands on.
好吧。但他从哪弄来的那些瓶子?
All right. But where did he get those bottles?
医生,看看那个进口标签。日期是1916年。
Take a iook at that import label, doctor. That's dated 1916.
20年前,玛玛维矿业公♥司♥把一整船的东西运到那里。
A whole boatload of that stuff was shipped up there 20 years ago by the mamawi mining company.
我碰巧知道它从来没有到过那里。它在丛林的某个地方丢失了。
I happen to know that it never got there. It was lost somewhere up in thejungle.
有人发现了,用在了嬉戏上。
Somebody found it and used it on frolick.
聪明到可以用它把人逼疯的人。
Somebody clever enough to use it to drive a man mad.
Burubi吗?这是我的猜测。
Burubi? That's my guess.
Kokoto位于mamawi的边缘。
Kokoto sits right on the edge of mamawi.
现在,我的预感是那个老恶魔又起来行动了。
Now, it's my hunch that that old devil is up and moving again.
但他从没来过这么南边的地方。
But he never came this far south before.
burubi是谁?他是那边的dukun。
Who's burubi? He's the dukun up there.
头头,巫医。他是一条强大的老蛇。
Head man, witch doctor. He's a powerful old snake.
他统治着玛玛维。
He rules mamawi.
那里的当地人害怕他和他的黑魔法。
The natives up there are terrified of him and his black magic.
你觉得辣酱会不会是他去那里的原因?
Do you think sordjano's going up there might have set him off?
是的,可能是这样。
Yes, that could be.
你最近有sordjano的消息吗?
You heard from sordjano lately?
是的。是的,大约10天前。
Yes. Yes, about 10 days ago.
他说一切都很好,他和一些当地人取得了联♥系♥。
He said all was well, that he'd made contact with some natives.
他带着一半的船员进入灌木丛,向他们的村庄走去。
He was taking half his crew into the bush and heading for their village.
Sordjano熟悉周围的路。
Sordjano knows his way around.
他会没事的。希望如此。
He'll be all right. I hope so.
好了,我想我们目前只能做到这些了。
Well, that's about all we can do for the moment, I guess.
你们两位看起来都很疲惫。
You gentlemen both look exhausted.
德拉杰,我知道你急着回家。
And drager, I know you're anxious to get home.
在你想回去工作之前我不希望你回来,明白吗?
I don't want you reporting back for work until you feel like it, understand?
春。
Chun.
医生还在睡觉吗?也许,小姐。
Is the doctor still sleeping? Maybe, miss.
亲爱的。
Darling.
你睡了吗?一些。
Did you get any sleep? Some.
那还不够,你知道的,医生。
Well, that's not enough and you know it, doctor.
你回家后几乎没吃过,也没睡过。
You've hardly eaten or slept since you've come home.
安东,我知道你一定还在想上面发生的事,但请试着忘掉它。
Anton, I know what happened up there must be on your mind, but please try to forget it.
你不能有任何不同的表现。
You couldn't have acted any differently.
最后说一次,埃尔斯,你忘了吧,因为我忘了。
For the last time, els, you forget it, because I have.
不如我们今晚就离开这里吧?
Now, why don't we get out of here tonight?
在城里。在俱乐部吃晚餐。看一些人。
Out on the town. Dinner at the club. See some people.
听起来怎么样?太棒了。
How does that sound? Wonderful.
wattereus船长。
Captain wattereus.
你什么时候回来的?
When did you get back into town?
我在做每月的体♥检♥。
I'm in for my monthly check-up.
很高兴再次见到你。
It's so good to see you again.
你不在的时候,我遇到了这个可爱的人。
I met this dear man while you were away.
医生,我给你家打过电♥话♥你的男仆告诉我你在这里。
Doctor, I called your home and your houseboy told me you were here.
哦,太棒了。那你就可以和我们一起喝咖啡了?
Oh, wonderful. Then you can have coffee with us?
如果可以的话,我想去。
I'd like to, if I may.
当然可以。好的,谢谢你。
Of course. Well, thank you.
请你多拿一个杯子给船长好吗?
Will you bring an extra cup for the captain, please?
他们这儿的咖啡很好喝。
It's delicious coffee they serve here.
我永远无法让殖民地的厨师做出这样的东西。
I can never get the cook at the colony to make it like this.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
我在医院碰到比弗斯探长了。
I ran into inspector bevers at the hospital.
他跟我说了哈里·弗洛里克的事。
He told me about Harry frolick.
这对你来说一定很可怕。
It must have been terrible for you.
这并不令人愉快。
It wasn't pleasant.
我觉得有点责任。
I feel somewhat responsible.
如果我聪明一点,我肯定能帮他。
I'm sure I could have helped him, if I'd been wiser.
你只需要创造一个奇迹,把威士忌变成水就行了。
All you had to do to help frolick was work a miracle, turn whiskey into water.
那改变不了他的命运。
That wouldn't have changed what happened to him.
你也相信什么"黑魔法"吗?
You believe in that "black magic" nonsense, too?
是的,因为它确实存在。
Yes, because it exists.
但我也相信人类精神的力量。
But I also believe in the power of the human spirit.
我知道没有它的男人有多脆弱。
And I know the weakness of men without it.
你不明白吗?他们在外面用沉默折磨他。
Don't you see? They tortured him out there with silence.
他们强迫他独自站着,他没有东西可以和他们战斗。
They forced him to stand alone and he had nothing to fight them with.
什么都没有。
Nothing.
他切断了与上帝和人♥民♥的联♥系♥,至少切断了对人♥民♥的爱,这是一个人唯一可以依靠的力量源泉。
He cut himself off from god and from people, at least the love of people, the only sources of strength a man can call on.
他对荒野毫无防备。
And he was defenseless against the wilderness.
这是可怕的。
It's frightening.
但后来,我们开始在荒野中,我们所有人都迷失了,害怕了,但我们有一个选择,是选择螺旋式上升的道路,通向上帝,还是留在黑暗中,堕落回动物。
But then, we began in the wilderness, all of us lost and afraid but with a choice, to take the spiral road upward leading to god, or to remain in the darkness and degenerate back to the animal.
我知道看着一个人的脸,一个你认识但却不再认识的人,从中看到我们未来的样子是多么可怕。
I know how terrifying it is to iook into the face of a human being, someone you know, but can no longer recognize, and to see in it the image of what we can become.
你觉得我们看到了什么,队长?
What is it you think we saw, captain?
魔鬼的脸?一个迷失的灵魂?罪人吗?
The face of the devil? A lost soul? The sinner?
就是这个词,不是吗?
That's the word, isn't it?
不,我不是那个意思。为什么不呢?
No, I didn't mean that. Why not?
让我们称罪人为罪人。
Let's call a sinner a sinner.
我们都是罪人,不是吗,队长?
We're all sinners, aren't we, captain?
罪人还是圣人,这不是你的选择吗?
Sinner or Saint, isn't that the choice?
安东,请…不,等一下。
Anton, please... No, wait a minute.
我有些东西上尉可能会感兴趣。
I have something that might interest the captain.
回到家里,就在我出来之前,一个温柔、虔诚的小店主犯下了残忍♥的性犯罪。
Back home, just before I came out, a gentle, god-fearing little shopkeeper committed a brutal sex crime.
他似乎一直在服用激素治疗慢性前列腺炎,显然是意外服用过量所致。
It seems he'd been taking hormone treatments for chronic prostatitis, and an accidental overdose was apparently responsible.
现在,如果一个简单的注射可以把一个圣人变成一个罪人,那么反过来也应该是正确的。
Now, if a simple injection can change a saintly man into a sinner, then the reverse should also be true.
考虑到。
Consider that.
很有可能,在某个地方,一定有一种特殊的化学物质组合,可以把一个罪人变成圣人。
It's quite possible that somewhere, waiting to be discovered, there must be a particular combination of chemicals that could change a sinner into a Saint.
想想看。
Think of it.
这将是对信仰的第一个生物化学解释,就像把上帝放进试管一样。
It would be the first biochemical explanation of faith, like putting god into a test tube.
宗教只会变成腺体的问题。
Religion would become nothing more than a matter of glands.
一个简单的镜头。
One simple shot.
十恩的血清,人间天堂。
Ten en's of mm serum, and heaven on earth.
这是值得深思的,不是吗,上尉?
That's something to contemplate, isn't it, captain?
现在,如果你不介意的话,我想去喝一杯。
And now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get a drink.
我不知道该说什么,瓦特勒斯船长。
电影精选列表