这么快就回来了,jana ?
0h, back so soon, jana'?
船正点靠岸。
The boat docked right on schedule.
托托一卸货就会上来。
The totoks will be up as soon as they unload.
它从来不会失败。
It never fails.
脑髓头盔里至少有一个。
There's always at least one in a pith helmet.
他们今年给我们送了什么?
What did they send us this year?
比平均水平好一点。
A little better than average.
有几个看起来相当亮。还有一个是金牌得主。
There're several seem fairly bright. And one is a gold medal winner.
连续四年获得最高荣誉。
Took top honors for four straight years.
真的吗?
Really?
跟你那个戴着髓质头盔的朋友走在一起,那个高个子,安东·德拉杰。
Walking next to your friend with the pith helmet, the tall one, Anton drager.
先生们,欢迎来到巴达维亚。我是克莱默医生。
Gentlemen, welcome to batavia. My name is Dr. Kramer.
索尔加诺博士,我们的副主任,你已经见过了。
Dr. Sordjano, our assistant director, you've already met.
马丁斯医生,负责我们的探险和现场服务。
Dr. Martens, in charge of our expedition and field service.
桑德斯医生,这里是常驻人员。
Dr. Sanders, resident personnel.
我现在不会问你们的名字,一是因为我不太擅长记名字,二是因为你们的到来让我们的医务人员达到341名。
I won't ask you your names now, one, because I'm not very good at remembering names, and two, because your arrival brings our service staff to 341 physicians.
所以现在,我还是称呼你为"医生"吧
So for the present, I'll address you simply as "doctor."
其他员工会粗鲁地称你为“totok”。
The rest of the staff will brobably refer to you as "totok."
不要生气。它只是指新人。
Take no offense. It simply means newcomer.
你会发现,在世界的这个地方,要成为一名医生,还有很多东西要学。
You will discover there is still mucn to learn about being a doctor in this part of the world.
我们会让你学会的。
We'll see to it that you learn.
现在…
Now...
医生。
Doctor.
医生。
Doctor.
德尔格博士。
Dr. Drager.
哦,对不起。
Oh, I'm sorry.
请不要道歉。
Please don't apologize.
我很容易理解你对我们地图的兴趣。
I can easily understand your interest in our map.
到时,你们中的一些人将被派往外地,但在接下来的六个月里,你们将在医院值班。
In time, some of you will be assigned to the field, but for the next six months you will be here on hospital duty.
桑德斯医生现在带你们去你们的房♥间。
Dr. Sanders will now show you to your quarters.
你们好,先生们。
Good day, gentlemen.
这边请,先生们。
This way, please, gentlemen.
还有一件事。
There's one thing more.
今晚在乡村俱乐部有个晚宴你将会见到医院的工作人员和他们的家人。
There'll be a dinner at the country club this evening where you'll meet the staff of the hospital and their families.
8点。就这样,先生们。
8:00. That's all, gentlemen.
如果你能稍微配合一下,德拉杰博士,你会发现蚁国生活很愉快。
And if you'll cooperate just a little, Dr. Drager, you may find coionial life quite pleasant.
克雷默夫人,尽管你很有魅力,但我不是来上舞蹈学校的,也不是来参加乡村俱乐部的。
As attractive as you personally make it, Mrs. Kramer, I didn't come out here to attend dancing school, or join the country club.
你说得好像这是比死还惨的命运。
You make it sound like a fate worse than death.
我不相信命运。
I don't believe in fate.
你相信什么?
What do you believe in?
安东·德拉杰,政♥府♥健康服务公♥司♥和我的合同,合同上说,"鉴于政♥府♥公♥司♥为你支付的费用"毕业后你将"在荷属东印度群岛健康服务公♥司♥工作不少于五年"
Anton drager, and the government health service and my contract, which, quoting loosely, states, "in consideration of the monies expended by the government on your behalf,"you will upon graduation report to the Netherlands east indies health service "for a beriod of not less than five years."
现在后悔是不是有点晚了?
Isn't it a little late for regrets?
我也不相信后悔,克莱默太太。
Oh, I don't believe in regrets either, Mrs. Kramer.
我打算充分利用这五年的时间。
I intend to get full value out of those five years.
没有比这更明确的了吗?
Nothing more definite than that?
非常明确的。
Very definite.
我想和詹森医生一起工作。
I want to work with Dr. Jansen.
哦。
Oh.
露易丝,索德哈诺和那帮老家伙在玩扑克。你能把妻子们组织起来吗?
Louise, sordjano and the usual gang are hankering for poker. Will you get the wives organized?
也许是一座桥?
Some bridge, perhaps?
对吧,亲爱的。
Right, darling.
德拉杰医生刚刚告诉了我一些非常有趣的事情。
Dr. Drager here has just been telling me something very interesting.
他想和英国人合作。
He wants to work with brits.
他对此非常明确。
And he's quite definite about it.
你想和詹森医生一起工作吗?
So you want to work with Dr. Jansen, huh?
我本打算改天再跟您谈的,先生。
Well, I intended to discuss it with you some other time, sir.
为什么现在不呢?
Why not now?
因为答案是否定的。
Because the answer is no.
根据我们的需要和你的资历,你会和所有新人一样被分配。
You'll be assigned as all the new men are according to our needs and your qualifications.
但我觉得我能胜任,先生。
Butlfeel I am qualified, sir.
我要怎么向你证明呢?
How do I go about proving it to you?
我不知道你会不会。
I don't know that you ever will.
但既然这是一个独特的要求,为什么英国人要詹森?
But since it is a unique request, why brits Jansen?
因为他是这里热带医学的顶尖人物,当然也是世界上最权威的麻风病专家。
Because he's top man out here in tropical medicine, and certainly the world's foremost authority on leprosy.
但是,先生,除了20年前写的一些小册子,他没有记录过任何关于他的工作,他的成功,他的失败,诊断方法,未来研究的建议,这是真的吗?
But isn't it true, sir, that except for a few tracts written almost 20 years ago, he hasn't recorded anything about his work, his successes, his failures,methods of diagnosis, proposals for future research?
现在,你要跟他自己算账了。
Well, now, you're reckoning with the man himself.
我们要求他这么做已经很久了。
We've been after him to do that for a long time.
那让我算一下我和他在一起的五年,先生。
Then let me work out my five years with him, sir.
让我知道他都知道些什么,我会搞定的。
Let me get to know what he knows and I'll see that it's done.
我会和他一起做的。
I'll do it with him.
德尔格医生,你打算五年后离开这里吗?
Dr. Drager, you intend to leave here at the end of five years?
是的。
Yes.
当你下船回家时,你可能会发现热带医学并不是一个有利可图的领域。
When you step off that boat back home, you're liable to find tropical medicine is hardly a lucrative field.
但是在研究方面,先生?
But in research, sir?
如果像英国人詹森这样的人现在在荷兰,他会得到数百万美元的研究报酬。
Ifa man like brits Jansen were in Holland right now, he'd be offered millions for research.
对于一个带着英国人詹森知识光环下船的年轻人来说,同样的事情也可能发生。
And the same is also possible for a young man who stepped off the boat wrapped in the aura of brits Jansen's knowledge.
克雷默医生,我可不想只穿着皱巴巴的白衣服就下船抱着战胜疟疾的希望。
Dr. Kramer, I don't intend to get off that boat with just a wrinkled white suit and the hope of getting over malaria.
这有什么问题吗?
Is there anything wrong with that?
马滕斯医生,你能过来一下吗?
Dr. Martens, will you come over here a minute, please?
你派谁去找詹森?
Who are you sending up to Jansen?
Stappel。他早上离开。
Stappel. He leaves in the morning.
那就把他排除掉。我们会派一名志愿者上去。
Well, cancel him out. We're sending up a volunteer.
德尔格?
Drager?
这是正确的。
That's right.
你可以继续跟马滕斯医生谈。
You can carry on with Dr. Martens.
祝你好运。
Good luck.
谢谢你,先生。
Thank you, sir.
您的飞机早上8点起飞。
Your plane leaves at 8:00 in the morning.
7点到探险和外勤办公室。
Be at the expedition and field office at 7:00.
七点整。
That's 7:00 sharp.
哦,那个点,医生。
Oh the dot, doctor.
你要给詹森发totok ?
You're sending a totok to Jansen?
完全正确。
Exactly.
我不明白。
I don't understand.
马蒂,我们的金牌得主想赢得更多的奖牌。
Ma rty, our gold medal winner wants to win some more medals.
如果他能和英国人和睦相处,我也会给他戴上一个。
If he can get along with brits, I'll pin one on him myself.
如果没有,他会跑回来,准备工作和表现自己。
If not, he'll come running back, ready to work and behave himself.
你打预防针了吗?不。
Oh, did you get inoculated? No.
在马卡塞尔处理好。
Take care of it at macassar.
火车出发去洛库尔之前你还有几个小时的时间。
You'll have a couple of hours there before the train leaves for rokul.
我已经打♥针♥了。
I've had all my shots.
除了瘟疫,你还没有。
On, not for plague, you haven't.
麻风病人聚居区有瘟疫?
Plague at the leper colony?
詹森不在那里。
Jansen isn't there.
他在上游三周的劳瓦塔村。
He's three weeks upriver at rauwatta village.
在那里。在那里。他染上了瘟疫。
There. There. He's got a pip of a plague epidemic.
几年来最糟糕的。
Worst in years.
我们在洛库尔用无线电联♥系♥了克拉瑟。
On, we radioed krasser at rokul.
在那里经营酒店。他会为你准备旅行所需的装备。
Runs the hotel there. He'll outfit you for the trip up.
好吧,就是这样。
Well, that does it.
十六种抗瘟疫武器,丛林装备,个人装备,最后就是个人电脑。你。
Sixteen anti-plague, the jungle kits, your personal gear, and that last is the PC. You.
那些板条箱罐头,pg,对老英国人来说是最重要的,所以你要用生命保护它。
Those crated tins, the p.G., that's the most important to old brits, so you guard it with your life.
好吧。在路上。谢谢你!
All right. On your way. Thank you.
嘿。
Hey.
我忘了问了。供货商。是什么?
I forgot to ask. What's p.G.?
你好。你是新来的医生吗?
Hi. You the new doc?
喀斯特先生吗?
Mr. Krasser?
是的。请进。
Yeah. Come on in.
他们会处理的,医生。请进。
They'll take care of that, doc. Come on in.
嘿,医生?
Hey, doc?
医生吗?
Doctor?
火车的轮子还在吗?
That train still got all its wheels?
最后一次见到。好。
Last I saw. Good.
明天就能带我离开这里。
It's taking me out of here tomorrow.
你是新来的吧?
You're a new one, huh?
家里的情况怎么样?改变票价?
How are things back home? Changed mucn?
这取决于你离开了多久。
Depends on how long you've been away.
十年。这里有三个。河的主人。
Ten years. Three of them here. River master.
我打赌你会很高兴回家的。
Bet you'll be glad to get home.
我不去了。
I'm not going.
电影精选列表