VICE是位于纽约的多媒体公♥司♥
主要报导国际新闻 艺术文化
在全球三十四个国家皆可收看
此公♥司♥以报导备具争议及辛辣
且主流媒体常忽略的新闻而闻名
这种新世代的新闻业创造了
今日一些最吸引人 最原创的内容
他们的方法被称为
"渗透式报导"
嗨 我是山姆透纳
Hi. I'm Sam Turner
这是VICE位于纽约布鲁克林的总部
and we're here at VICE Headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn...
旁边是我们最爱的时尚摄影师
with one of our favorite fashion photographers,
派翠克卡特
Patrick Carter.
几天前我们大家聚在一起
Just a few nights ago, we were all hanging out together...
派翠克提到了关于他姐姐的事
when he let slip a comment about his sister
让我们大家哑口无言了好一阵子
that had us practically speechless for the better part of an hour.
听完那整个故事后 我们想
After hearing the full story, we immediately thought,
我们必须报导这个故事
we have got to do a piece on it.
跟毒瘾搏斗了好一阵子后
派翠克的姐姐离开了纽约
参加位于密西西比州郊区的
清醒生活社区
自从收到一封神秘的信之后
他开始担心姐姐在那的朋友圈
要我读这封信吗
Should I read it?
读吧
Please.
好的 上面写着 亲爱的派翠克
Okay, it says, "Dear Patrick,
抱歉我这么久没捎来信息
sorry you have not heard from me in so long.
我跟大家一直在忙着建造社区
I have been working hard with everyone to build a community
让我们像上帝旨意般无虑的活着
where we can finally live free as God intended.
我们还没完成 离成功只剩一步
We're not there yet, but we're so close.
这是我看过最美丽的地方
It's the most beautiful place I have ever been...
我很希望你能来这拜访我
and I would love if you came to visit.
这地方充满着爱 但我好想念你
We have so much love here but I miss your face."
然后下面注记着
Then it says...
"爱你的卡洛琳" 跟一个电♥话♥号♥码
"Love, Caroline," and there's a phone number.
派翠克寻着号♥码找到一个男人
这男人跟派翠克说他的姐姐
和社区里的人已经一起搬离美国
派翠克没有收到确切的地理位址
只有收到该飞到哪去
接下来一架直升机会来接应他
山姆说服了派翠克让他们三人
一起去记录这趟诡异的旅程
我们去过世界上最没条理
We've been to some of the most chaotic,
混乱 遭战争蹂躏的地方
fucked up, war-torn places in the world,
但从做过这么诡异又个人的报导
but never somewhere for something as personal and bizarre as this.
现在 我们即将离开纽约
So here we are, about to leave New York City,
启程到一个遥远的角落找你姐姐
to set out to find your sister in a remote part of the world,
看她口中的"社区" 到底在卖♥♥什么药
to see what this community she is living in is really all about.
或许我们可以把这旅程命名为
Maybe we can call this one the...
卡特家人相见欢
"VICE guide to the Carter family reunion".
生人活祭
一夜的迷乱
One night to be confused
加速了靠近真♥相♥的脚步
One night to speed up truth
我们缔结誓约
We had a promise made
双手相系离开
Four hands and then away
在神的感召下
Both under influence
我们得到神喻
We had divine scent
知道该说什么
To know what to say
思想就如剃刀片般清明
Mind is a razor blade
呼唤上帝的依靠
To call for hands of above
对我来说
To lean on
已不足够
Wouldn't be good enough for me, no
呼唤上帝的依靠
To call for hands of above
对我来说
To lean on
已不足够
Wouldn't be good enough for me, no
我明天早上八点会回来
I'll be back tomorrow at 8:00 a.m.
我只会等一个小时就走
I'll wait for one hour and then I will leave.
不管你们有没有来
With or without you.
-别担心 我们会回来的 -我没在担心 早上八点
-Don't worry, we'll be here. -I'm not worried. 8:00 a.m.
当地时间下午一点十五分
-谁是派翠克 -就是我
-Who is Patrick? -Yeah. That's me.
我们不知道你会带其他人一起来
We were not told you'd be bringing others.
总共有三个人
There are three total.
有问题吗 我们都一伙的
Is there a problem? We're all together.
我们得先确认才能带他们到教区
We have to get clearance to bring them to the Parish.
拜托 不要录到我 先生
Please, stop filming me, sir.
他们跟我一起来的
They came with me.
我总不能把他们丢在这吧
I can't just leave them here.
我姐姐邀请我们来的
My sister invited us.
我姐姐是卡洛琳卡特
My sister's name is Caroline Carter.
等等
Hold on.
-我不懂这有什么问题 -请稍等
-I don't understand if there's problem. -Hold on.
应该都安排好了
It should be all arranged.
好的 可以带他们进来
Okay. Bring them in.
收到
Copy that.
没问题
It's okay.
跟我来 走吧
Come with me, this way.
没问题
It's okay.
-到后面去 -后车厢
-Get in the back. -The truck?
到后面去
Get in the back.
一切都很顺利...
So far so good.
这条路到教区一共两公里
是唯一的联外道路
到了 我们成功了 差不多啦
Well, here we are, we made it, kind of.
这次我们没有当地的联络人
We don't have a local fixer on this one,
第一件发生的事竟然是
and the first thing that happens is
派翠克差点跟向导起争执
Patrick almost getting into an argument with one of our guides.
你知道 当你在这种荒郊野外
You know those are the guys you want on your side
这些向导是你该拉拢的人
when you are out in places like this.
或许纽约让我变得比较俗辣
Maybe New York has made me soft,
但这就是那个时刻 每次报导时
but these are the moments, every time we make one of these things,
我理解到这有可能是最坏的主意
where I realize it might have been the worst idea ever.
不 我们绝对有过更坏的主意
No, we've definitely had worse ideas.
我不懂你怎么笑的出来
I don't know why you're laughing.
拍他的鞋子
Get a shot of his shoes.
你以为你要去哪里 穿这种鞋子
Where did you think you were going, wearing shoes like those?
我以为你工作需要到处旅行
I thought you traveled for work all the time?
对啊 去洛杉矶或巴黎
Yeah, to LA, and fucking Paris.
最接近这鬼地方的是
Closest I come to this shit is...
在纽泽西的田里拍模特儿
shooting some model in a field in Jersey.
你是时尚业的 你应该有靴子吧
Dude, you're in fashion, you should own some boots.
这里
就
是了
把录影机关掉
Turn the camera off!
关掉
Turn it off!
关掉
Turn it off!
事情并没有好转
So things have not improved.
我们没有被枪杀
We didn't get shot,
但我们必须小心
but we have to be careful
不能让他们发现我们在录影
not to let them catch us filming.
派翠克在那解释我们的身分来历
Patrick is over there explaining who we are, what we're doing.
我不知道那样对事情有没有帮助
I'm not sure if that will make things better or worse.
我们希望他能找到他姐姐
We're hoping that he can find his sister...
然后把这一切都搞定
and straighten all this out.
如果派翠克被枪击
And if Patrick starts to get shot at,
我就要往那边逃
I'm going the fuck that way.
越快越好
As quickly as possible.
他们想要我们的护照
They want our passports,
我不会为任何人放弃我的护照
but I'm not giving up my passport to anybody.
还有 他们有提到捐款
Also, there is some talk of a donation.
不确定这捐款是要多大额
Not sure how sizeable that donation has to be.
但这不像是我们期待的嬉皮聚落
So far this is nothing at all like the hippie commune we were expecting.
-派翠克 -你看 她来了
-Patrick? -Okay. See, there she is.
嘿 大家别紧张 没问题
Hey, it's okay guys. It's okay.
卡洛琳 你有跟他们说吗
Caroline, did you tell them?
好了 来吧
All right, come on guys.
圣伊甸园
-我好开心你来了 -真高兴见到你
-Oh, I'm so glad you're here. -I'm so glad to see you.
-这些都是什么 -喔 我到里面再跟你解释
-What's with all this? -Oh, I'll explain it inside.
-嗨 我是卡洛琳 -嗨
-Hi. I'm Caroline. -Hi.
很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
我也是 我是山姆 这是杰克
You too. I'm Sam, this is Jake.
嗨