'with a penetration that very few other occupations can manage.
我一生从未尝试过在
'I've never put out to sea in
这样一个毫无准备的时刻出海
such a completely unprepared state in my life.
我依旧会遇到困难
'I have problems still.'
但我的前方有一股强烈的信风
But I have a fairly long spell in the trade winds ahead,
我会尽力让这艘船准备好
'in which I will endeavour to get this boat ready...
去面对将在南冰洋遇到的磨难
'...for her great ordeal in the Southern Ocean.'
不 不要啊 别这样
Oh, no! Not this!
发动机间进水时有一段停顿 句号♥
"'Silence due engine compartment flooded. Stop.
拆下了 什么 磁发电机 更换了线圈
"'Stripped... What's that?...magneto, replaced coils.'"
拆下了干透的发电机
"Stripped dried-out generator.
全面检修了电刷装置 句号♥
"Overhauled brush gear. Stop.
正在去往马德拉群岛
"Going on toward Madeira."
马德拉隶属葡萄牙
Madeira's Portugal.
我当然知道马德拉在哪 谢谢你啊
I know where Madeira is, thank you very much.
好的
Right...
说真的 他有一个发射机和一台电♥话♥
Honestly, he's got, what, a transmitter and a phone.
而我们只得到这个
All we get is this.
暴风雨呢 海怪呢
Where's the storms? Where's the sea monsters?
可能他在航海日记里会有更详细的记录
Maybe he's making more careful notes in the logs.
这是什么 拆下了磁 什么
What is this? Stripped mag...what?
发电机 我觉得是
Magneto. The generator, I believe.
我们要不要说些什么 他至少驶向马德拉了
Should we say anything? He's headed for Madeira at least.
你认真的吗
Are you serious?
他朝着马德拉行驶了三个星期了
He's been headed for Madeira for, what, the past three weeks.
不是吗
Hasn't he?
其他人都绕过非洲了
The others are rounding Africa.
天呐 唐纳德 你不是在度假啊
Blast! No, Donald, you're not on holiday.
不是往北走啊 你怎么回事
Not north! What is wrong with you?
这是什么鬼东西
What the hell is that?
正如我在备忘录里写的 要让船浮起来真的很烦
'As I mentioned in my table, he float has proved to be quite vexing.'
而我还没找到完美的方案
And I still haven't found a satisfactory answer
能让空气进入主舱的同时
to the problem of getting air into the main cabin
不进太多水
without letting in a lot of water.
所以我担心睡觉的时候窒息
So I worry about suffocating in my sleep.
更不用说那些电子设备
Not, not to mention the, erm, the electronics.
那么难整理 而且同时我还要
It's been hard to finish when one
为了让船浮起来要不停地把水舀出去
is busy bailing out water all day to stay afloat.
脑子里还不停地担心
'At the back of mind there's still the nagging suspicion
右舷会不会裂开
'that the starboard float could split.'
你听起来很气馁啊 唐 很沮丧
You sound discouraged, Don. Very disheartened.
这些困难在陆地上就很好解决了
These matters would've been better resolved on dry land.
如果我们的目标是要完成某项记录
And if the goal was to highlight certain advances,
让这艘三体帆船获得"海上大篷车"的称号♥之类的
the trimaran as the Caravan of the Sea and so forth,
我们没有在全力以赴 完毕
we're not putting our best foot forward. Over.
就这样了吗
'Is that it then?'
你打电♥话♥就是来跟我说你要撤退的吗
Are you calling to say it's time to retire?
看来我们正站在十字路口
'Looks like we're at that crossroads.'
在这里每天都像站在十字路口 贝斯特先生
Every day out here is a crossroads, Mr Best.
完毕
Over.
要不要我把你的决定告诉你家人和罗德尼
'Shall I inform your family and Rodney of your decision?
你要往回走吗
'Are you turning back?'
唐
Don?
其实 我打来是想说我下定决心要继续前进
Actually, I'm calling to say that I fully intend to press on.
你可以转达给我的妻子吗 告诉她一切顺利
Would you relay that to my wife? Tell her all is well.
准备接收电讯
Listening out.
我们不能跟你一起来吗
'Can't we come with you?'
如果有人跟我一起上船 我将会失去资格
If anyone comes on the boat with me, I'm disqualified.
一定要是我独自一人
Has to be me and me alone.
如果那里有这样的暴风雨呢
What happens if there's a storm, like this?
那我就在暴风雨里
Then I'll be in the storm.
你独自一人不会害怕吗
Won't you get scared alone?
你知道吗 我害怕的时候
You know, whenever I get scared,
我就会想想
I'll just think of the
我们下次相聚的时候
next time we're able to be together instead.
你害怕时
'Whenever you get scared,
我希望你想起同样的事情
I want you to think about the same thing.
思想共鸣的人
'People who are thinking
是联♥系♥在一起的
about the same thing are always connected.
哪怕他们身处天涯海角
'No matter how far apart they are.'
天呐 浮力袋怎么也出问题了
Oh, good God. Not the buoyancy bag?
天啊
Oh, God.
我的浮力袋破到修都修不好了
'My buoyancy bag is now broken beyond repair.
所以如果我的船翻了
'So if I capsize...
我就完了
'...that will be it.'
这艘船有那么多的问题
'There's so much wrong with the boat in so many respects.
如果我继续前往南冰洋 我存活的几率
'My chances of survival, if I continue into the Southern Ocean,
可能连百分之五十都没有
'would not be better than 50-50.'
我要不要现在把礼物给爸爸
'Shall I give Daddy the present now?
这是给你留作纪念的
'This is something to remember us by.
一点家的念想
It's just a little bit of home.'
我的天呐 这是个
Goodness me. It's...
- 这是个烤面包机 - 啊
- It's a toaster. - Ah.
对的
Course it is.
好漂亮啊
How splendid.
我们觉得你在千里之外
We all thought when you're sitting down to have your breakfast,
坐下吃早餐的时候
a million miles from here,
它会在那里代我们陪着你
it will be as if we're all there with you.
你喜欢吗 爸爸 我们一起给你挑的
Do you like it, Dad? It's from all of us. We all chose it.
为了这个 我一定保证我的发动机正常运转
Well, it's good reason to keep the generator in working order.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
我觉得爸爸挺喜欢他的烤面包机的
I think Daddy likes his toaster!
麦克 祖鲁 制♥服♥ 威士忌 廷茅斯 电子
'Mike, Zulu, Uniform, Whisky, Teignmouth, Electron.'
这里是波蒂斯黑德电台
This is Portishead radio.
很抱歉电♥话♥打不通
I regret to inform you there is no answer.
你希望我待会给你的妻子
'Would you like me to ring
转达什么消息吗 完毕
your wife back later with a message? Over.'
你能不能告诉她我一切都好
Would you tell her... that I'm well?
挂线
Out.
如果我回头 我会面临身败名裂
'If I turn back, I face certain ruin.
失去公♥司♥ 还有房♥子
'The loss of the company, the house.
那样的前景是万万不能想的
'And that is a prospect not to be contemplated.
我没法继续…
'I can't go on...
也不能回头
'...and I can't go back.'
我现在在这
I'm here.
如果我告诉他们
What if I tell them I'm...
我在这里呢
...here?
他们会信我吗
Would they believe me?
这是个无比糟糕的决定
What a bloody awful decision.
我觉得你需要看看这个
I think you should take a look at this.
往南直驶277公里
"Hurtled south 172 miles."
克罗赫斯特继续一路南下
Crowhurst continues to streak south,
抛下一切困难
leaving his difficulties behind.
他一切都解决妥当 他正奔往目标
He got it sorted. He's on his way now.
星期六 277公里 星期天 175公里
Saturday, 172 miles. Sunday, 109.
星期一 233公里
'Monday, 145.
海豚都对他的速度望尘莫及
'Even the porpoises are left breathless by his speed.'
391公里
'243 miles?'
新的独自航海记录 比奇切斯特还快
A new single-handed record. That's faster than Chichester!
自从在春天穿过赤道后
Having passed the Equator and into the springtime,
唐纳德·克罗赫斯特现处南大西洋的某处
Donald Crowhurst is somewhere in the South Atlantic
平均每日以274公里的惊人速度航行
averaging an astounding 170 miles a day.
廷茅斯电子的速度
The speed of the Teignmouth
简直不亚于电流
Electron is nothing short of electric.
你确定要在同一句里用电子和电流
Sure you want "Electric" And "Electron" In the same sentence?
拜托
Oh, give over.
不亚于电流
Is nothing short of electric,
因为他每天航行的总数比他的对手都多
as his daily totals surpass all the competitors,
甚至超越了弗朗西斯·奇切斯特爵士
even those of the great Sir Francis Chichester himself.
- 先生 - 就这样 发吧
- Sir? - 'There. Send it.'
- 看到唐纳德·克罗赫斯特最近的消息了吗 - 哪个唐纳德