战争是有可能再次发生的
It could happen again.
按理说 我现在应该非常愤怒
By all accounts, I should be furious
因为你刚刚
because you've just...
你刚刚用我自己的话来反驳我
You've just used my very own words against me.
我又能怎么反驳呢 那是我自己说的
And how can I refute them? They are my own.
Joan真的很烦人 她特么扇我巴掌
Joan's being so annoying. Bloody slapped me!
好了 Joan 不要扇他
All right. Joan, don't slap him.
谢谢 走吧 快走
Thank you. Off. Go on.
她打了我的脸
She hit me on the face!
Brian 我正在谈事情
Brian, I am in the middle of a conversation.
去帮你的妹妹拿些木头 拜托了
Go and help your sister get some wood, please,
从木材堆里拿
from the log pile now.
现在
Now!
去打你们自己的仗
Fight your own battles.
母亲 拜托了
Mother, please.
也不必疑惑 我肯定为此日夜忧愁
There is little doubt that I would worry night and day
想着你们呆在那丛林里
about my boys in the jungle.
但我们永远不能让恐惧支配我们的未来
But we have never let fear determine our future.
就这样吧
That's all.
母亲 谢谢您
Mother, thank you.
谢谢 谢谢 谢谢
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
爸爸 听着 我 - Jack Jack Jack
Father, listen, I... - Jack, Jack, Jack.
我们还没成功呢 - 我知道
We are not there yet. - I know...
我们必须得筹一大笔钱
We will have to raise a great deal of money.
当然 我能理解 对的
Of course. I understand. Yes.
去吧 让我跟你妈妈谈谈
Go, go. Let me talk to your mother.
记得要训练
And training.
当然 我马上就开始
Well, of course. I shall begin right away.
你和我 还有Costin先生
You and I and Mr. Costin.
我相信他会很乐于加入我们
I'm sure he'd love to join us.
太谢谢你了 妈妈 谢谢
Thank you, mother. Thank you.
你想说什么
What?
你同意的这么快实在是出乎我的意料
I'm just surprised you agreed so quickly.
我还有什么选择吗
What choice did I have?
这是他的自然天性
It's his essential nature.
要他违背天性是不对的
It would be wrong to betray that.
而且 还有你在他身边指导他
Besides, you will be there to guide him.
都在这了 头儿
Here they are, chief.
这些是我最后的几本笔记了
These are the last of my notebooks.
希望你能用得上
I hope they'll be helpful.
我真的没法说服你一起去了吗
Can I truly not persuade you to come?
我们当时就差一点 Henry
We came so close, Henry.
想想看我们最终一起发现那个古城
Think of what it would mean...
将意味着什么
To finally find it together.
头儿 我现在有妻子还有孩子
Chief, I have a wife and child now.
当年我的孩子还没有你的孩子这么大呢
My own children were younger than yours is now
就我们第一次出发的那会儿
when we went on our first trip.
我不会妄言说这不会有所牺牲
I can't say it was not a sacrifice.
但是如果你看到我儿子现在的样子
But if you could see my boy now,
他神采奕奕的样子
his vim and vigor...
我保证 你的抗拒一瞬间就会消失
I guarantee, it would tear down your resistance in an instant.
还需要再来点白兰地吗 先生
Would you like some more Brandy, sir?
不用了 谢谢 Nigel
No, thank you, Nigel.
你呢 先生 - 不了 谢谢
For yourself, sir? - No, thank you.
头儿 请不要误会我的意思
Chief, please, don't misunderstand me.
我只是
I'm...
只是有些事
But it's somthing...
这场对Z城的搜寻
This search for z.
我再也承受不了所要付出的代价了
I can no longer bear the cost.
你开始怀疑它的存在了
You've come to doubt its existence?
没有
No.
我只是不认为你能在Z城
I only doubt that z can provide
找到一切你想要的答案
all the answers you seek from it.
祝你成功 我亲爱的朋友
I wish you success, my dear friend.
这不会是那种挥金如土的考察
This will be no pampered expedition.
那样的任务获得了大量投资 最终却毫无建树
Top-heavy missions get nowhere.
他们徘徊在文明的边缘
They linger on the fringe of civilization
享受着公众的关注
and bask in publicity.
而我们不是
We will not.
我们将会深入那片土地三年
We will be in the field for three years...
凭借我们自己的双脚去开拓
standing on our own two feet,
依靠我们自己的智慧生存
surviving by our wits.
当地部落居民将会把我们的信息
Tribesmen shall take our dispatches
尽可能频繁的传递给公众
to be delivered for publication as often as possible.
但是谁来赞助你们最新的这次远行呢
But who's going to finance this latest journey of yours?
一家美国报纸业财团
The money is generously being supplied
慷慨地给予我们资金上的支持
by a consortium of American newspapers
还有小洛克菲勒先生
and Mr. John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
您知道皇家地理学会
Are you aware the royal geographical society
也会为您提供经济资助吗
has just offered to help with the financing?
我很高兴看到我的祖国没有被落在后面
I am glad to see our nation is not to be left behind.
我将为大家介绍
I would like now to introduce
我在这次有历史性意义的远行中的同伴
my companion for this historic expedition...
我的儿子 Jack fawcett先生
My own son, Mr. Jack fawcett.
他是一个纪律严明又充满热情的人
He is a man of great discipline and keen as mustard.
那么 这下我们不会被那些美♥国♥佬♥比下去了
Well, we couldn't very well be shamed by the Americans, now,
不是吗
could we?
不过我很骄傲地说我们最后还是
No, but I am proud to say that we did finally
决定设法中途赶上他们
manage to meet them halfway.
George爵士 愿他的灵魂安息
Sir George, god rest his soul,
他总是对你称赞有加
always bore you great affection.
但我必须为我过去不接受你的观点这一错误表示抱歉
But I admit my error in not accepting your beliefs long ago.
不必
No.
现在最重要的是未来
All that matters now is the future.
没错
Yes.
我把它带在身边
I have carried this
已经二十年了
for the last 20 years.
当我们到达Z城之后
When we reach z,
我就会把它寄给您 作为一个信♥号♥♥
I shall send it to you as a sign...
以防万一我决定不回来了
Just in case I decide not to come back.
噢 别乱说 别乱说
Oh, nonsense, nonsense.
噢 我们 我们有东西要给你
Oh, now, we...We... We have something for you.
Barclay先生 请
Mr. Barclay, please.
学会的最高荣誉
The society's highest honor...
发现者金奖章
The founder's gold medal.
你受之无愧 中校
You are truly deserving, Colonel.
真的
Truly.
的确
Indeed.
所有事情都安排妥当了
All the arrangements are made.
我们七号♥就去葡萄牙
We leave for Portugal on the 7th,
然后我们在巴西再会面
and then we meet again in Brazil.
没人能比我们准备的更好了
No one can best us now.
记着 坐标的编码在我的书桌里
Remember, the code with the coordinates is in my desk,
还有一个副本由Costin先生妥善保管
and Mr. Costin has a copy in safekeeping.
知道啦 你已经告诉我无数遍了
Yes, you've told me a thousand times.
赶紧走吧 不然就赶不上你的船了
Now run along, or you'll miss your boat.
你是个大小伙子了
You're a man now,
照顾好你妈妈和你妹妹
responsible for your mother and sister's care.
这是你的任务
It's a fine calling,
不比我们的任务小 甚至要比我们的任务更加高尚
no less and perhaps even more virtuous than ours.
好吗
All right?
再见 爸爸
Good-bye, father.
我会想念你的
I shall indeed miss you,
就像我一直以来那样
as I always have.
替我照顾好你父亲 - 当然了 我会的
Look after your father for me. - Of course I will. Of course.
玩的开心 - 好的
And have fun. - Yes.
勇敢一些
And be bold.
再见 Joan
Good-bye, Joan.
再见 爸爸
Good-bye, father.
我爱你
I love you.
电影精选列表