They arrived early in the morning and arrested most of my colleagues.
那天早上 他们来抓走了我的同志
Except for me. I'm under house arrest.
除了我 我被软禁了
So I've told them I won't eat,
我告诉他们我不会吃东西的
until they take me to join them all in prison.
直到他们把我也投入监牢
The cut the phone line. With a pair of scissors.
他们切断了电♥话♥ 用剪子
I can't tell you how relieved I am that you are here.
你想象不到我有多宽慰你能来
When did you last eat?
你上次进食是什么时候
About three days ago.
三天前
Four. Four. Three. Three.
四天 三天
I must say there's never a dull moment.
我们家从未这样沉闷过
What on earth am I going to do with you?
你希望我做什么
Fears are growing about the fate of Dr Michael Aris,
人们越来越担心英国教授阿里斯的命运
who vanished two weeks ago.
他于两周前消失
He has not been seen since arriving in Rangoon,
他去往仰光后从此人间蒸发
to visit his wife Aung San Suu Kyi.
显然他是去探望他的妻子 昂山素季
Despite urgent requests from the Foreign Office for clarification,
外交办公室发出紧急呼吁
the Burmese authorities have refused to provide any further information
但缅♥甸♥政♥府♥拒绝予以回应...
about his well being or whereabouts.
他的现状和地址
An Embassy official said that their only information...
英国驻缅使♥馆♥官员称 唯一确定的是...
Now listen, Suu.
听着 素
If you die,
如果你死了
the boys will lose their mother.
孩子们将失去母亲
And your people their best defender.
你的人♥民♥将失去最好的捍卫者
Can I try something?
我可以试着做些事情吗
What?
什么
Sit.
坐下
Stand.
站起来
I wish to put a proposition to you.
我有一个提议
It has been twelve days since my wife has eaten,
我的妻子已经十二天没有进食了
and I must impress upon you how very rapidly her health is declining.
我必须强调 她的健康状况非常糟糕
She is prepared to abandon her hunger strike,
她准备中止绝食
if you will offer her a firm assurance, that her colleagues will be well treated.
如果你们能正式担♥保♥她的同志免遭虐待
I cannot emphasise enough the grave danger she is in.
我再次重申她的境遇很危险
She will not survive more than a day or two.
她最多只能坚持两天
I ask you to consider very carefully,
我希望你们能仔细考虑
the public consequences if you fail to act promptly.
由于你们没能及时采取措施而带来的后果
Madam. The authorities wish to assure you that
夫人 政♥府♥向您保证
no harm will come to your colleagues.
您的同志不会再遭受虐待
All right?
可以了吗
Aung San Suu Kyi is worried about you, apparently.
昂山素季显然很关心你们
Here, eat.
吃吧
What is that noise?
什么声音
It's called
这叫做...
music.
音乐
Well, this has been one of the most bizarre few weeks of my entire life.
这是我有生之年最艰难的几周
Thank you, for everything.
谢谢你的付出
I couldn't have got through this without you.
没有你我将白白付出
It's going to be quiet.
你走之后房♥子会更冷清
I know. I'll continue to play merry hell behind the scenes.
我知道 我会继续帮助你
Let's pray this limbo is short lived.
最短时间结束拘禁
I'll be fine Mikey. Please don't worry.
不用为我担心 迈克
The boys must be your first concern now.
最大的问题是听到我的消息
I know. I know.
我知道
Go.
走
Go.
走
Burmese authorities have announced that elections will be held in May.
缅♥甸♥政♥府♥最终宣布 五月份举♥行♥投票
However, Aung San Suu Kyi has been disqualified as an electoral candidate,
但是昂山素季...未能被批准提名为总统...
on the basis of an obscure law
根据相关法律法规和政策...
prohibiting anyone married to a foreigner from becoming president.
外国人的配偶不能竞选总统
Yes. I understand.
我懂了
Very well.
好的
Goodbye.
再见
That was the most off wand of calls. Who was it?
这真是最难打的电♥话♥ 是谁
The Embassy.
大使♥馆♥
They simply said the boys are no longer eligible for Burmese citizenship.
孩子们不能拥有缅♥甸♥公民的身份了
They will therefore cancel their passports with immediate effect.
他们的护照已经无效了
It beggars belief, really it does.
真难以理解
They have obviously decided keeping the children from Suu,
他们决定不让她们母子团聚
is the most effective way of breaking her spirit.
这会打击素的意志
At least they've finally announced the elections.
至少他们宣布举♥行♥选举了
Let's wait and see.
等着看吧
Hopefully everything is about to be resolved.
希望所有事情能在短期内解决
Yes, hope.
希望吧
How we all cling to hope.
我们只拥有希望了
This is a day few people in Burma ever expected to witness,
今天是缅♥甸♥人从未经历过的一天
across the country, remarkable scenes,
整个国家呈现壮观场面
as thousands of people excitedly cue in order to cast their vote in the first election for 40 years,
成千上万的人参加了四十年来第一次选举
and here at Life we bring you the first estimated tally.
初步计票结果显示...
Aung San Suu Kyi, 392 seats.
昂山素季 392席
The Burmese Military 10 seats.
缅♥甸♥军政♥府♥ 10席
She won!
她赢了
Oh, my goodness, boys.
我的天
What fabulous news.
太棒了
In Burma an extraordinary victory for Aung San Suu Kyi,
在缅♥甸♥ 汹涌的民♥意♥选择了昂山素季
and her party the National League for Democracy.
以及她的党派 全国民♥主♥联盟
In a country where public gatherings of more than five people are banned,
在一个超过五人的集♥会♥都要禁止的国家
The National League of Democracy look set to be celebrating until well into the night.
全国民♥主♥联盟将在今晚庆祝胜利
Ma Suu.
素
I'll put flowers in their hair .
戴上一些花吧
Aung San Suu Kyi!
昂山素季
Final result of the vote
「最终投票结果」
Check this out!
看看这个
This woman won.
那个女人赢了
This is absurd!
太荒唐了
Bring the phone!
把电♥话♥拿来
Aung San Suu Kyi!
昂山素季
Stop!
站住!
Go back immediately!
立即回去!
Aung San Suu Kyi!
昂山素季
Stop. Go back!
站住 退回去
I just want to go and talk to them. Don't be ridiculous.
太荒谬了 我只是想和他们说几句话
I'll talk to them. I have the authority to shoot.
我要和他们说话 我有权开枪
You're not going to shoot anybody.
你不会开枪的
Go back home!
回去
Take a seat, Dr Aris.
坐吧 阿里斯博士
Now that the elections are out of the way,
现在既然选举已经举♥行♥了
I am pleased to say I have some good news for you!
我有个好消息
It seems the authorities are finally willing to come to an arrangement.
缅♥甸♥当局希望最终解决这一问题
If you were to write a letter to your wife,
如果您能致信您的太太
encouraging her to come home to Oxford at her earliest convenience,
劝说她尽快返回牛津
they would see no problem in allowing you to ?y out.
他们将不会再阻拦您的旅行
I see.
我明白了
Well, since I haven't the slightest intention,
既然我毫无意向...
of ever making such a request of my wife,
劝说我的太太做这样的事情
I shall bid you goodbye.
我想我可以告辞了
Those ruthless, conniving bastards.
串通一气的混♥蛋♥
If they think I'm going to take this lying down, they've got another think coming.
如果他们认为我屈服了 那他们就错了
Let's go.
走吧
Despite their resounding defeat at the polls,
尽管在大选中落败
there is still no sign that the Burmese military will release Aung San Suu Kyi,
缅♥甸♥军政♥府♥仍然拒绝昂山素季
to take up her elected role as the new Prime Minister.
当选总理并组阁
Instead she remains under lock and key,
她仍被软禁家中
while leading members of her party, the National League of Democracy,
全国民♥主♥联盟的领导人
are arrested one by one.
也相继被捕
Now the monks have taken to the streets to protest,
僧侣们举♥行♥了抗♥议♥活动
and the monasteries are being stormed by soldiers.
寺院遭到军队的袭击
Let me assure you, Dr Aris,
我向您保证 阿里斯教授
that behind the scenes we are doing everything possible.
我们正在竭尽全力
However, it is our point of view that
但是 我们认为...
extending economic sanctions against Burma,
如果我们对缅♥甸♥进行经济制裁
电影精选列表