Dad, tell me a story.
爸爸 给我讲个故事吧
I can tell you about Burma,
那就讲个缅♥甸♥的故事吧
the time when it was called the Gold Country.
古时候这里被称作黄金之国
This is a story that you like that?
你喜欢这个故事吗
Yes!
喜欢
There was once a beautiful country,
从前有个美丽的国度
Burma.
缅♥甸♥
Everywhere there was forests of teak and ebony.
到处都是柚木和乌木的森林
At that time, tigers roamed the jungles
那时候 老虎在丛林中漫步
and herds of elephants roamed the Great Plains .
象群在大平原上游弋
It was sapphires as blue as the sky azure
像天空一样湛蓝的蓝宝石
and rubies even redder than your cheeks.
比你的脸颊还要红润的红宝石
Jewelry that even a princess like you would not dream.
你这样的公主都想象不到的奇珍异宝...
And then?
然后呢
In fact, this is a sad story.
事实上 这是一个悲伤的故事
Soldiers came from a far country
遥远的国度来了一伙强盗
and took of all that was most precious.
抢走了我们所有珍贵的财富
Thus we have become very poor.
因此 我们变得十分贫穷
My treasure!
我的小宝贝
Sit there, my darling.
乖 坐在这里
I gotta go, but mom is there.
我得走了 妈妈在这里
Hello!
你们好
What is needed urgently is to form a government.
我们迫切需要组成一个政♥府♥
Without popular support
没有民众支持
our government will have no democratic legitimacy.
我们的政♥府♥就没有民♥主♥合法性
Here we go.
我们走
General!
昂山将军...
Mr Aris.
阿里斯先生
The doctor is waiting to see you.
医生正在等您
Hello Mike Hello, how are you?
你好 迈克 你好
Please take a seat. Thank you.
请坐 谢谢
It's always very difficult to predict the progress of something like this.
一般很难预测病情发展
It could be as little as a five months
快的话 五个月
or as long as five years.
慢的话 五年
Enough time for you to put your affairs in order, I hope.
您应该安排一下您的事情了
Would you like me to ask the nurse to arrange for your wife to come and collect you?
需要我们叫您太太来接您吗
My wife?
我太太?
Would that she could.
如果她可以...
She lives in Burma now, you see.
但她现在人在缅♥甸♥
Good morning. Good morning.
早上好 早上好
Could we pass these around, please?
能分发一下这些东西吗
Thank you.
谢谢
Today I thought we might talk about,
今天我想谈谈...
how the Bhutanese people have always placed great emphasis on family loyalty,
不丹人是如何强调家庭忠诚的
the bonds of community,
社区的纽带作用
and respect for their elders.
以及对老年人的尊重...
Bloody rain! Yes, come in.
该死的雨 请进
So it's definitely cancer then?
肯定是癌症无疑了
Prostate cancer, as a matter of fact.
确定是前列腺癌
And did they give you any indication as to how long before...
告诉你还能坚持多久了吗
In anything from a few months to five years.
五个月到五年
Good God, Michael. No, no.
真糟糕 迈克 不
I could achieve a lot in five years.
五年时间我能做很多事情
What about Suu?
素怎么办
Surely she'll want to return to Oxford when she hears this.
如果你想她回到牛津的话...
Anthony! You know as well as I do if she ever leaves Burma,
安东尼 你知道如果她离开缅♥甸♥
they will never allow her to return.
他们是不会允许她再回去的
What about you, Michael? You haven't seen her for three years.
那你怎么办 你们三年没见面了
She's your wife, she's the mother of your children.
她是你的妻子 孩子的母亲
The red carpet would be rolled out if she asked to be allowed to come home.
军政♥府♥会铺上红地毯欢送她离开的
She can't walk away now.
她现在可以一走了之
Too much blood has been spilled.
已经流了太多的血
Countless lives have been lost.
死了太多的人
Millions upon millions of people are counting on her.
成百万计的人都在指望着她
Whatever happens, Anthony,
无论发生什么 安东尼
promise me that you'll keep an eye out for the boys.
答应我照顾好孩子们
Of course! You can count on me 100 percent, you know that.
当然 你相信我的 对吧
Yes.
是的
Hello darling. Hello angel.
你好 亲爱的 你好啊
How's the book going?
书写的怎么样了
Slowly.
很慢
That smells good.
闻起来不错
We're having Burmese tonight. All right.
今晚吃缅♥甸♥菜 太好了
Stop it!
别闹了
Did you think of a title? Yes.
书名起好了吗 起好了
Father of Aung San Suu Kyi
「我的父亲 昂山素季著」
Well, it's original. It's...
很有原创性
There's storm coming.
暴风雨快来了
Hi, Mum. Hi, Dad.
你们好 爸爸妈妈
Hello, did you have a good day?
今天过得怎么样
It's okay day. I'm starving, though!
还行 我饿了
Supper's at seven.
晚上七点开饭
Do you have much homework? It's all done.
有家庭作业吗 都做完了
Kim.
金
Well, almost. You'd better get started then.
基本做完了 快去做作业
Mom. Hello Alex.
妈妈好 你好 亚历山大
In Burma today, violence has erupted on the streets of Rangoon...
缅♥甸♥仰光的大街上发生骚乱
Suu? Hmm?
素 嗯
...an incident in which students were mown down by the authorities.
当局对学生的大规模屠♥杀♥
Eye witnesses at the incident claimed that hundreds of students
据目击者称 几百名学生
taking part in a peaceful demonstration at Inyar lake,
在茵雅湖举♥行♥和平抗♥议♥活动时
were shot and killed by soldiers at point black range,
遭到军队近距离射杀
many more protestors sustained serious injuries.
更有多名示♥威♥者严重受伤
They are demanding an end to the military dictatorship
示♥威♥者要求军政♥府♥结束独♥裁♥统治
that has ruled the country with an iron fist
他们于1962年发动政♥变♥上台
since a coup in 1962.
在缅♥甸♥实现铁腕统治
Burma's government is known as
缅♥甸♥政♥府♥是世界上...
one of the world's most oppressive and secretive regimes.
最残酷和最秘密的政♥府♥之一
But despite the authorities' determined attempts to crush this uprising,
尽管当局决心镇♥压♥这场暴♥乱♥
it appears that the student's movement, is rapidly gaining massive popular support.
学生们得到了民众越来越多的支持
Hello.
喂
I'm glad to hear your voice.
很高兴听到您的声音
Your mother is at the central hospital.
您的母亲住进了中♥央♥医院
You should come quickly.
您最好赶紧过来
My mother had a stroke.
妈妈中风了
I'll sort you out a flight.
我帮你订一张机票
Be good, won't you? Help Daddy around the house.
在家里要听话 多帮帮你父亲
It will be hard for me to get to a phone,
在那里很难找到电♥话♥
so don't worry if it's a while before you hear from me.
没有我的消息也不要担心
How long are you going to be away? A week. Or maybe two.
您什么时候回来 一周 也许两周
Right, that's it.
我们走吧
Come on, come on.
快 快
We're very late. Come on, rush!
已经很迟了
Come on. On time. Okay. Bye.
快点 没时间了
Bon voyage. I love you.
我爱你
Driver, please hurry. Please.
司机 请开快点
I love you. Bye.
我爱你 拜
You come from England? That's it.
您从英国来 是的
You stay long?
您待多久
The time it takes.
办完事情就走
Uncle Leo. You are as beautiful as ever.
里奥叔叔 你还是那么漂亮
Did you hear the whole uproar
你知道怎么开始的吗
started after our General in his great wisdom,
奈温将军下令禁止流通...
decided to ban any denomination that wasn't a multiple of nine.
任何不是九的倍数的钞票面值
Well nine is his lucky number.
九是他的幸运数字
The universities can't provide lunch any more.
大学餐馆无法提供午餐
That's why the students have taken to the streets.
因此学生涌上街头
All this just because of the superstitious whims of a madman.
都因为这个疯子的迷信
Call me if you need me.
需要的话就给我打电♥话♥
I will. Thank you for everything, uncle Leo.
好的 谢谢你 里奥叔叔
电影精选列表