Well, I suppose I had taken it for granted,
我一直以为...
Suu was leading a solitary life, quietly nursing her mother.
素单独住在这里照看她的母亲
Not all historians get to be a part of history in the making.
历史学家往往很难看到历史发展
You must enjoy Rangoon sight.
好好看着吧
Please let me know if you need anything. Oh, thank you. I will.
有事联♥系♥我 非常感谢
Bye.
再见
Michael.
迈克
I'm glad you're here.
很高兴你能来
Down, down, down, down. A little further.
往下 往下 再来一点
Okay. Stop, stop, stop. There you go. Step away, step away.
好 就这里 让开点 让开点
What is he saying? He's saying,
他说什么 他说...
that public discontent with government policies can no longer be ignored.
政♥府♥不能忽视民众的不满
And that because he's not totally free of responsibility, for the events of the past few months,
他不得不为几个月以来的骚乱负责任
and because he's getting on now,
因为他年纪已经很大了
he's going... He's going to resign.
他决定辞职
There will now be a referendum on Burma's political future.
我们将对国家政♥治♥前景进行全民公♥投♥
Hello. Hello?
你好 你好
Mum. Some men from Rangoon University want to speak to you.
妈妈 大学里的几位先生想和您说几句
They said it's urgent.
显然很紧急
Madam. My colleagues and I are academics from the history faculty,
夫人 我和我的同事教授历史学
and we believe
我们相信...
you are the only person who can lead Burma into democracy now.
您是唯一能带领缅♥甸♥走向民♥主♥的人
As the daughter of Aung San,
作为昂山将军的女儿
the people will automatically unite behind you.
您的人♥民♥会自觉的接受您的领导
Your father fought and won independence for Burma.
您的父亲赢得了缅♥甸♥独♥立♥
Here's an opportunity to finish what he began.
现在是时候结束他开启的事业了
Let's seize this opportunity.
我们必须抓住机遇
Quite apart from having no relevant experience,
除了我缺乏经验之外
as you can see, my hands are more than full.
你也能看到 我还有别的事情要做
May I ask that you take some time to consider?
我能请您好好考虑一下吗
Banish these dogs!
把那些狗赶走
Come!
过来
General six professors from the University
将军 大学里有六位教授...
came to tell Aung San Suu Kyi that the people supported it.
前去告诉昂山素季人♥民♥支持她
That's it?
就这些吗
They are fighting for democracy
他们要为民♥主♥而战
they want it to take the lead.
他们希望她能够领导
It shall not proceed further?
会有进一步行动吗
That's it.
就这些
Well, okay.
好
Tomorrow, Aung San Suu Kyi will to Shwedagon.
明天 昂山素季会去大金寺
Your shoes.
脱鞋
Bad, minds do not have warned you!
巫婆 神灵没有警告你吗
Finally, the idea of ??consulting the people is not the solution.
最后 参考民众的意见解决不了问题
It was an idea to you.
那是给您的建议
Turns
事实证明
I have been badly advised.
那个建议不好
General Sein Lwin ,
盛伦将军
I have a mission to tell you.
我交给你一个任务
You will dismantle the centers of opposition
你去清除异议核心
and deter troublemakers.
威慑闹事者
It's a lot of people.
他们人很多
Our prisons are big enough.
我们的监狱也足够大
The most important
最重要的...
is to keep an eye Aung San Suu Kyi and her supporters.
死死盯住昂山素季和她的支持者
Stop any gathering.
阻止一切集♥会♥
At your orders, sir. Okay.
遵命 好的
We have only respect and admiration for you .
我们对您充满了崇敬
We must continue on foot.
夫人 我们只能步行前进了
All right.
好
Let's go.
走吧
Michael. Stop the car. Stop.
迈克 停车
Dad! Boys, come on.
孩子们 走
Keep up.
快点
Suu!
素
Suu!
素
Dad!
爸爸
Dad, we're gonna get some food. What?
爸爸 我们去找点吃的 什么
We're gonna get some food. Okay. But don't go too far.
我们去找点吃的 好 别跑太远
Stay right there. We don't want to lose you.
待在那儿 别走丢了
It may be a little late to be saying this.
也许现在说有点太晚了
But you realise I've never actually spoken in public before.
但我从没做过公开演说
And there's no time like the present.
眼下正是时候
We'll be watching from the side.
我们会在一旁看着你的
Reverend monks, the Burmese people!
尊敬的僧侣 缅♥甸♥人♥民♥们
The purpose of this gathering
我们今天在这里集♥会♥
Is to make the world hear the people's will.
是为了让世界听到人♥民♥的意愿
The purpose of this gathering today
我们今天在这里集♥会♥
is to affirm the desire of the entire country to be a multiparty democracy.
是希望缅♥甸♥能够成为多♥党♥制的民♥主♥国家
This is what we want to demonstrate.
这是我们的心声
Some of you do not know my story
一些人不知道我的故事
and that's quite normal to want to know what it is.
你们想知道 这也很正常
Because I have lived abroad
因为我旅居海外
and I married a foreigner,
嫁给了外国人
they say I do not understand complex history of the country.
有人说我不了解缅♥甸♥复杂的历史
Let me honestly say
坦白的讲...
that's true. I lived abroad.
对的 我旅居海外
And I am also married to a foreigner .
我确实嫁给了外国人
But this is not provided
但是 这并没有影响和减轻...
my love and my devotion to my country tampering or mitigated.
我对祖国的爱与忠诚
My father gave everything he had in political life of Burma
我的父亲为缅♥甸♥政♥治♥付出了一切
and he paid with his life.
包括他的生命
As the daughter of my father,
作为父亲的女儿
I can not remain indifferent
对眼下发生的事情
events taking place right now.
我不能袖手旁观
The goal we hold so dear is now in sight.
我们期待的目标已经近在眼前
We call for free elections and regular, in the shortest possible time.
我们要求在最短时间内实现...定期的自♥由♥选举
Let us not divide.
让我们抛开分歧
Unite forward together towards our goal!
为了我们的目标团结起来!
A million people?
一百万人吗
Maybe not quite a million.
也许不到一百万
And the press?
媒体也在吗
Aung San. Aung San Suu Kyi,
昂山 昂山素季
the daughter of General Aung San,
昂山将军的女儿
until now an Oxford housewife and mother of two,
现在是牛津的家庭主妇 两个孩子的母亲
emerged today as Burma's bright new hope for the future.
承载着缅♥甸♥未来的希望
I was incredible, huh?
难以置信
Yes. Yes, indeed. However,
是的 但是...
a quarter of a century of brutal oppression, will not be undone in one day.
四分之一世纪的压♥迫♥不会一朝瓦解
There is still a great deal to do.
任重而道远
Glory days of the Raj. Used to house a staff of eighty Brits, before Ne Win had them all kicked out.
拉吉明珠 八十岁时被奈温赶走了
Okay, here we are.
这里
Wonderful.
太好了
I think we should go.
你得走了
No, there's time for a few more.
还有时间
Thank you, Tom. You're welcome.
谢谢你 汤姆 不客气
What's wrong, Kim? You already missed Alex's birthday.
怎么了 您错过了阿历克斯的生日
And now you're going to miss mine.
也会错过我的
It's too dangerous for you to remain here.
你们留在这里太危险了
And I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to either of you.
如果你们有何不测 我不会原谅自己的
Anyway, a new term is beginning. You both need to be there when it does.
新学期开始时你们必须回去
Please.
听话...
Try to be brave for me.
勇敢点 为了我
Look after your brother. I will.
照顾好弟弟 好的
And you. I want you to write to me every day.
每天都要写信给我
Bye. May May.
再见 妈妈
Be strong. We will.
坚强些 会的
I love you. Love you too. Bye.
我爱你们 我爱您 拜
The leaflets of the NLD!
全国民♥主♥联盟的传♥单♥
Positions please. No, I think you should be on the...
大家按顺序站好 我认为你应该在...
电影精选列表