寻求关系类型
陪伴
浪漫
玩玩
不确定
寻求关系类型
陪伴
浪漫
玩玩
不确定
丧偶
丧偶
吸烟
否
饮酒
否
我有个儿子
死于车祸
会员聊天
布 莱 恩
艾丝黛儿
我一直很孤独
我丈夫阿♥拉♥斯代尔一
年前去世,很难适应
我非常理解
我的哈莉特去世三年了
人其实没法真的翻篇
你的损失令人遗憾
你有其他家人吗
我非常理解
我的哈莉特去世三年了
人其实没法真的翻篇
你的损失令人遗憾
你有其他家人吗
我有个儿子
我有个儿子
但我们从不说话
很享受跟你聊天
要见面吗 吃个晚餐
改编自尼古拉斯·塞尔小说
听上去不错
伦敦 2009年
您好 先生
Hello, sir.
你好 我找艾丝黛儿
Hello, I'm with Estelle.
她就在那边
She's right this way.
艾丝黛儿
Estelle?
我是布莱恩
I'm Brian.
别告诉我迟到了 我从不迟到
Don't tell me I'm late. I am never late.
没没 我早到了
No, no. I'm early.
明白了 是的
Oh, I see. Yes.
说实话
Well, I'll tell you the truth,
我绕着这里来回走了好几圈
I walked around the place a couple of times.
心里七上八下的
Butterflies in my tummy.
伏特加马提尼
Vodka martini.
那么就不开车了
Not driving then?
不开
No, no.
我的孙子会来接我 斯蒂芬
My grandson's picking me up. Stephen.
他是你唯一的孙子吗
Is he your only grandchild?
是的 唯一的
Yes. The only one.
他是我唯一的亲人了
He's all I've got left.
您有个儿子 我记得
You've got a son, I remember.
是的 罗伯特 他住在澳大利亚
Yes. Robert. He lives in Australia.
我的哈莉特离开三年了
My Harriet has been gone for three years now,
而您的丈夫 阿♥拉♥斯代尔
and your husband, Alasdair...
阿♥拉♥斯代尔 没错
Alasdair. That's right.
是的 一年了
Yes, a year.
告诉我 你经常这么做吗
So, tell me, have you done this a lot?
跟网友见面
Met people on the computer service?
是的 没错
Yes. I have.
你不觉得每次都是一样的吗
Don't you find it's always the same?
你是说心怀希望而来 失望而归吗
You mean the anticipation followed by the letdown?
不过我们却从来不说
Though we never say it, of course.
"如果你只描述自己的话
"If you'd only described yourself,
这么说吧 更精确一点
shall we say, more accurately,
我们本来不必浪费时间和精力
we could have avoided wasting all this time and energy,
毕竟到了这把年纪 我们都耗不起了"
which, at our stage in life, we cannot afford to do."
我认为是系统错误地把妄想狂
I believe it's the system for mismatching
和绝望之人匹配在一起
the delusional with the hopeless.
但我告诉自己要"打起精神 积极点
But I tell myself, "Brace up. Be positive.
这一次结果会有不同"
This time it will be different."
我也是 我是坚定的乐观主义者
You know, so do I. I am the eternal optimist.
我料到如此了
I thought as much.
所以我现在必须对你坦白
Which is why I must now confess to you
我欺骗了你
a deception on my part.
我这辈子最痛惜的就是说谎
What I deplore most in life is dishonesty.
我的名字其实不叫布莱恩
My name is, in fact, not Brian.
我叫罗伊
It's Roy.
罗伊·科特尼
Roy Courtnay.
原来如此
Oh, I see.
那我也应该告诉你
Well, I suppose now's the time
我也不叫艾丝黛儿
that I tell you that my name actually isn't Estelle.
实话实说
Well, only if it isn't.
没错
It's not.
我叫贝蒂
It's Betty.
贝蒂·麦克利什
Betty McLeish.
贝蒂
Betty.
我可以接受
Oh, I think I can handle that.
你好 贝蒂
Hello, Betty.
是你孙子吗
Is that your grandson?
对 他在等我
Yeah. He's been waiting.
让我们送你回家吧
Can we give you a lift home?
什么 不 不必
What? Oh, no, no.
离车站只有一小段路
It's just a nip across to the station,
到帕丁顿站后走几步就到
a quick walk from Paddington, and Bob's your uncle.
那么再会了 贝蒂
So, au revoir, Betty.
下次见 罗伊
Until next time, Roy.
你会打电♥话♥吗
Will you call?
请去斯汀佛勒斯
Go to Stringfellows, please.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
请跟我来
Follow me, please.
抱歉久等
I'm sorry to hold you up.
脱不开身
Unavoidably detained.
她多大了
How old was she?
很大了
Old enough.
每人一杯香槟
Now we'll have champagne all around.
谢谢
Thank you.
我刚刚在解释规则
I was just explaining the rules.
为防意外 不说名字
As a precaution, no names.
我们俩之前挣到挺大一笔钱
The two of us have made a good deal of money in the past,
所以我想给你们个机会
which is why I thought to give you the opportunity
入股这家新的投资公♥司♥
to buy into this new investment group.
没错 我就在最近
Yes. I have made, quite recently,
结识了一位绅士
the acquaintance of certain gentlemen,
有八十万英镑用于投资
who have £800,000 to invest.
我以银行家的身份 你们懂的
They know me as a banker, slightly bent,
向他们保证过
who has guaranteed them
如果他们投资这家有限合伙企业
a quick doubling of their money
就能快速获得双倍回报
if they invest it in the limited partnership.
他说的是我们的企业
Which would be us.
但是在他们的钱进来之前
But before they put their money in,
他们希望我们先放钱进来
they want to see us put some money in.
只要二十万英镑
Only 200,000.
每人五万
50,000 from each of us.
没人觉得这个数字不合适吧
No one here is uncomfortable with that figure?
很好
Good.
那现在
Well, now...
我要问你们个问题
Got a question for you.
不需要直接回答我
Not that I expect a straight answer.
这个投资提议 风险究竟多大
This proposition, just how dodgy is it?
这个很难说
Well, it's rather difficult to say.
明白了 我不问了
See, I rest my case.
另一个问题
Another question,
我也不指望有明确的答复
which I doubt you'll answer any more than the first.
他们是谁
Who are they?
跟桌前的各位一样
Well, like all of us at this table,
这些人也希望匿名
these men prefer anonymity.
至于您的观点 这位
And to your point, um...
布林
Bryn.
天哪 第一个打破规则的
Oh, dear. The first to break a rule.
但至于您的观点 布林
But to your point, Bryn,
我可以说他们是外国人
I can say they are foreign nationals,