算是比较没意义的活动
as one of the more pointless of human activities.
你这么说都算得上侮辱了
That was almost offensive.
赫斯特并不是故意无礼的 妈妈
I'm sure Hester didn't mean to be impolite, mother.
那就是说你不打 是吧
I take it you don't play, then?
偶尔打打
Occasionally.
我只是觉得很难对它有多大激♥情♥
I just find it very hard to be passionate about it.
可得谨防激♥情♥ 赫斯特
Beware of passion, Hester.
它通常会带来邪恶的事情
It always leads to something ugly.
那你要用什么来代替激♥情♥
What would you replace it with?
谨慎的热情
A guarded enthusiasm.
更安全些
It's safer.
但也更沉闷
But much duller.
花♥园♥真漂亮
The garden really is glorious,
即使现在还不到季节
even at this time of year.
是啊 这是我的一大乐趣
Yes. It's my one unalloyed pleasure.
比喜欢人安全多了 你觉得呢
So much safer than people, don't you think?
长远看就不是
No, not in the long run.
茶来了
Ah, tea.
给
There.
不 亲爱的 赫斯特会倒的
No, darling. Hester will pour.
是不是 亲爱的
Won't you, dear?
如你所愿
If you wish.
你先倒了牛奶
You've put the milk in first.
你不愿意我倒吗
Would you rather I hadn't?
没有 肯定也一样的新鲜宜人
No, I'm sure it'll still be very refreshing.
花♥园♥真的很漂亮 妈妈
The garden is really lovely, mother.
是啊 连赫斯特都称赞有加
Yes, even Hester has been admiring it.
几乎是热烈地赞赏了
Almost passionately.
要吃蛋糕吗 妈妈
Would you like a cake, mother?
是啊 巴顿堡蛋糕
Oh, yes. The Battenberg.
我永远都吃不腻
It's a pleasure I've never outgrown.
赫斯特 你有什么长久的乐趣吗
Is there anything you haven't outgrown, Hester?
有 反应迟钝
Yes! Insensitivity.
我永远都受不了反应迟钝
I've never been able to forgive it.
亲爱的 我去楼上收拾行李
Darling, I'm going upstairs to pack.
我想尽早动身回城
I'd like to get an early start back to town.
希望我们很快就能回伦敦了
I'm hoping we'll be leaving for London soon.
好吧 我们在葡萄酒馆见
All right, I'll see you at the grapes.
不 不 不要那里
No. No, not there.
去杰基·杰克逊家见
I'll meet you at Jackie Jackson's.
早点回来 -我一定尽早 弗雷迪
Come back soon. - As soon as I can, Freddie.
亲爱的 -亲爱的
Oh, darling. - Darling.
我爱你 -我也是
Love you. - Me, too.
你还叫谁亲爱的
And who else do you call darling?
这是我想的那个意思吗
I assume this means what I think it means?
好吧 多久了
Well, how long?
威廉
William.
你们开始多久了
How long has this been going on?
几个月了
For some months.
我明白了
I see.
我去跟妈妈说再见 你直接去车上吧
I'll meet you at the car after I've said goodbye to mother.
我不想让她徒增烦心事
I don't want her upset unnecessarily.
这样至少我们还能留点尊严
And that way, at least our dignity will remain intact.
威廉
William.
东西都送到你的事务所吗 威廉爵士
Shall we send everything to your chambers, Sir William?
是的 林肯律师学院
Yes, Lincoln's Inn.
不过我要先把假发拿走
But I'll take the wig tin with me now.
再见 威廉爵士
Good day, Sir William.
你清楚自己在做什么
Do you realize what you're doing?
是的 威廉
Yes, William.
我知道
I do.
卑鄙的小外遇罢了
It's just a sordid little affair.
不是的 我爱他
No, it's not. I love him.
你是一时鬼迷心窍
It's infatuation.
爱情不只是...肉♥欲♥
There's more to love than... physicality.
至少我不觉得爱情还有什么
Well, there isn't for me any more.
弗林顿 我在这里下车
You can drop me here, Flitton.
我不会同意离婚的 -比尔
I won't consent to a divorce. - Bill.
我不会让轻轻松松和你离婚的
I intend to make it as difficult as possible for you.
你口气跟我神父一样
You sound exactly like my father.
你什么意思 -说话的语气
What do you mean? - That tone of voice.
一副愤慨又道貌岸然的样子
That same mixture of irritation and sanctimoniousness.
神职人员装装样子也就算了
It's hard enough when it comes from a vicar,
但你也这样 简直忍♥无可忍♥
but when it comes from you it's insufferable!
对不起 威廉
I'm sorry, William.
我没想到说出口会是这么恶毒
I didn't mean for that to sound as spiteful as it did.
你怎么能丢了西瓜拣芝麻呢
How can you throw away so much for so little?
我很清楚路途会很艰难
I didn't think it was going to be easy.
和我维持下去有那么困难吗
Was it so hard to stay and continue?
是 威廉
Yes, William...
是很难
... it is.
要我进去跟你共进晚餐吗
Shall I come into dinner with you?
都这样了 还是算了吧
In the circumstances, I think not.
我不会跟你离婚的
I'll never give you a divorce.
我再也不想见到你了
I never want to see you again.
10点15分来接我 弗林顿
You may call for me at about 10:45, Flitton.
送科利尔女士去
You may take lady Collyer to...
随便她想去哪里
... wherever it is she wishes to go.
早上好 埃太太
Morning, Mrs. E.
还在整理信件啊
Still doing post duty?
节约时间啊 特别是早上
Saves time, especially in the mornings.
我的房♥客出门上班时就能顺便拿信了
My tenants can pick up their letters on their way to work.
您真是不可或缺啊 埃太太
You're a treasure, Mrs. E.
尽职尽责罢了
It's all part of the service.
快上去吧
Go right up.
二楼最前面 有点远
Second floor, front. Bit of a hike.
信 裴吉太太
Post, Mrs. Page.
裴吉太太 -什么
Mrs. Page? - Yes?
信
Post.
是啊
Oh, yes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你很快就可以让这变得舒适了
You'll make it look cosy in no time.
谢谢你 杰基 太棒了
Thank you, Jackie, that was terrific.
下午好 埃尔顿太太
Good afternoon, Mrs. Elton.
你好吗 赫斯
How's tricks, Hes?
我刚从大西部飚着93码回来
I have just done 93 down the great west.
是辆阿尔维斯
In an Alvis.
太爽了
Smashing job.
杰基·杰克逊载了我一程
Jackie Jackson gave me a lift.
我们别这么闷着 开开灯吧
Well, let's have a bit of light on the subject.
天啊
Christ.
怎么不听点欢快的
Let's have something with a bit of life in it.
周末过得愉快吗 -还不错
Did you have a good weekend? - Not bad.
我两场比赛都赢了 赢了杰基5镑
I won both my matches. Took a fiver off Jackie.
气死他了
He was livid!
后来下雨了 高尔夫就没得打了
And then it started raining so golf kaput.
总共赢了多少
How much did you win altogether?
7镑
Seven.
能给我一点来交房♥租吗
Can I have some of it for the rent?
好吧 给你3镑
Oh, hell. All right, you can have 3.
剩下的我得留着吃午餐
But I need the rest for lunch.
有一个工作机会 南美
A job prospect. South American.
他貌似挺喜欢我的勋章和肩章
The DFC and bar seems to have impressed him.
什么南美 -我打高尔夫时认识的家伙
What South American? - A bloke I met at golf.
你知道你一直都没看我一眼吗
Do you know you've not looked at me since I came in?
我知道你长什么样 弗雷迪
I know what you look like, Freddie.
我犯错了 是不是
I've done something, haven't I?
老天
Oh God.
生日快乐
Many happy returns.
你是不是精心准备了
Had you arranged something special?