现在你应该明白了 詹姆逊先生
Now you do understand Mr. Jameson
基本上我们一般从珍本馆
that basically our preference at the rare books annex
借出任何的书籍和资料
is that access to all our books and documents
都控制在最小量
is kept to an absolute minimum.
事实上 我们更希望没人借阅
In fact we prefer the no one even look
我们的书籍和文件
at our books and documents.
当然 当然
Of course, of course.
我们的大部分财产 都是独一无二 不可替代的
Most of our possessions are unique and irreplaceable.
现在我们处理了你的请求 请稍等一下
Now we processed your request, I'll just, one sec.
我需要你的身份证明
I'll need some identification.
哦 是的 当然 马上 马上
Oh dear, of course, wait, of course.
您感觉还好吗 詹姆斯先生
Are you feeling alright Mr. Jameson?
当然还好 是的 还好
Certainly of course, yes, of course.
好的 现在 我需要您在这两个地方签名
Okay I just need your signature right here and here.
好
Yeah.
接下来我们需要连接上大学发放的授权文件
And then we'll need to attach the authorization from the university.
哦 好的 当然 是的 对
Oh yes, of course, yes, right.
谢谢
Thanks.
好吧 看起来一切都就绪了
Well everything seems to be ship shape.
现在你明白你必须戴上手套和面罩
Now you do understand you'll have to be gloved and masked
在你查阅雪莱的手稿之前
before you can handle the shelley manuscript?
当然 当然了
Certainly, of course.
哦 其实我没带
Oh, I actually didn't bring any--
别担心 我们会提供的
oh don't worry we provide them.
我能不能 拿回我的
Could I just, my.
哦 对不起
Oh sorry.
谢谢你 -给你
Thank you. - Here you go.
好的 你可以坐在这儿
Okay, you sit here.
谢谢你
Thank you.
把这些戴好
Put these on.
这个给你 -好的
Here you go. - Alright.
好的
Okay-
哦 不 不 不 不 不要把手套碰在脸上
oh no no, no no no, don't touch the gloves to the face
有皮肤油 -对不起 对不起
skin oil. - Sorry, sorry.
让我来吧
Let me do it here.
好的
Okay.
好的
Okay.
好的
Okay.
就这样吧
There we go.
谢谢你 -现在您休息片刻
Thank you. - Now you just, just relax,
我马上回来
and I'll be right back.
所以 这就是原稿了吧
So this is it huh?
这就是它
This is it.
由她亲笔所写 一份有历史性的文学
In her own handwriting, a piece of literary history.
这真是无比幸运才能有权看到
It must be quite a privilege to have access
的一副作品
to works such as this.
我也不知道 珍宝馆的图书管♥理♥员♥也不能
I wouldn't know, the librarians in the rare books annex
碰这里的书
aren't allowed to handle the books.
哦 我很抱歉
Oh I'm sorry.
别抱歉 我是专业人士
Don't be sorry, I'm a professional.
好了 如果你需要我的话 就到我桌子找我 好吗
Alright I'll be at my desk if you need me, okay?
好的 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
啊哈 -谢谢你
Uh huh. - Thank you.
克丽小姐
Quarrels.
哦 克里斯蒂娜小姐
Oh miss Christina.
我听说有人在读雪莱的手稿
I heard that someone's reading the shelley manuscript?
是的 是来自芝加哥大学的詹姆斯先生
Oh yes yes, Mr. Jameson from the university of Chicago.
我不管他是不是梵蒂冈人
I don't care if he's from the Vatican,
这不是重点 对吧
that's hardly the point now is it?
不对吗
Isn't it?
我是说 他遵守了所有规章
Well I mean he followed all the procedures,
他拥有所有正确的认证
he had all the right identification--
我不管他是不是有封总统的亲笔推荐信
I don't care if he has a letter from the president.
这些都不是重点 对吧
That's hardly the point now is it?
对不起 克里斯提娜女士
Well I'm sorry miss Christina
我想我不知道你所谓的重点
I guess I don't know what the point is.
克丽 你是新来的 我理解
Quarrels, you're new, and I understand that,
显然你也是个很讨喜的人
and you're obviously delightful person.
谢谢您
Well thank you.
但是你的讨喜的特质可不是现在的重点 对吗
But your delightfulness is hardly the point now is it?
当然不是
Apparently not.
重要的是 我们的任务 我们在这里的工作
The point is, our mission, our reason for being here
在这真藏书馆的意义 是要保存好这些书 对吗
in the rare books wing is preservation correct?
当然 这无可质疑
No one could possibly argue with that point.
当然 还有我们的座右铭
Exactly, and our motto is?
真♥相♥能让你自♥由♥
The truth shall set you free?
不
No.
我们的座右铭是:最少的接触等于最大的保护
Our motto is minimum handling equals maximum preservation
还有 最少的接触是什么
and the minium amount of handling is?
没有接触 -回答正确
None. - Exactly.
所以 我们要实行好我们的管理不是吗
So let's get with the program shall we?
之所以我们有如此繁琐的核实过程是要
iThe reason we have such byzantine qualifying procedures
让人们远离这些手稿
is to keep people away from our manuscripts.
非常的感谢
Thank you very much.
对不起 先生 但是您不知道
Excuse me sir, but don't you know
您不应该触碰这些书吗
that you're not supposed to handle the book carriers?
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
只有图书管理人员有这个权限
Only the librarians are to handle the book carriers
来捣鼓这些手稿
to handle the manuscripts.
好吧 你看 它没被损坏
Well, you see it's alright.
我们得在你的文件上做个标记
We'll have to make a notation on your file
这可能会对未来借阅请求产生负面影响
and this could have a negative impact on future requests.
哦 东西完好无损 真的
Oh, well that's alright really,
我当然很抱歉 但我已经得到我需要的
and I'm sorry of course, but I have what I need
所以谢谢你 对不起 再见 很高兴见到你
so thank you and sorry, goodbye, nice to have met you.
现在在他的档案里做记号♥
Now make the notation in his file
这会作为我们未来
and this will give us grounds to refuse him
拒绝他申请的理由
on future applications.
好的 我知道了
Okay I've got it.
克丽小姐 如果你想在这稀有书库里工作
Quarrels if you want to make it in the world of rare books
你得在编造这些理由上在行
you have to be creative about these things.
现在 我们把她放回去
Now let's put her back in the stack
让她舒舒服服的待着
so she'll be nice comfortable.
当然
Of course.
克丽小姐 -怎么了
Quarrels. - Hmm?
有个丽塔·梅·布朗的读书会
There's a Rita Mae brown reading
在仓库贵族书店 今晚
at the Barnes and noble this evening.
我想如果你有空的话 我们也许可以
I thought if you were free maybe we could--
可是 -芝士和红酒
well-- - cheese and wine?
其实我有 我有需要做的事情
Well actually I have, i need to do something,
我得去做一些事情
I need to do something.
好吧 很好 很好 很好
Ah well, fine, fine, fine.
克丽小姐 没问题 没关系的
Very good then quarrels, not a problem.
我明天见你时别忘了
I'll see you tomorrow and don't forget
完成对新奥维维尔历史的抄写
to finish transcribing the histories of the new orvvells.
我可能会有大♥麻♥烦的
I'm gonna go to hell for this.
哦 我的上帝
Oh my god.
我的上帝啊
Oh my god.
我的上帝啊
Oh my god.
打扰了 -什么事
Excuse me - Yes?
我想我一定是弄错地址了
I think I must have the wrong address,
我在找
I'm looking for--
什么地址 -中环927号♥
what address? - 927 central.
哦 等一下
Oh, just a sec.
希拉 这是927号♥吗 -是的
Sheila is this 927? - Yeah.
这是927号♥
This is 927.
是的 我知道 但我在找
Yes I know but I'm looking for--
你在找谁
who are you looking for?
对 我在找大卫·罗利
Right I'm looking for a David Raleigh.
哦 是的 他在这儿
Oh yeah yeah he's here.
电影精选列表