And afterwards, we went swimming,
身无片缕 夜色如墨 只有月光倒映在水面上
in the nude, in the dark, only the moon reflecting the water.
太浪漫了
How romantic.
第二天一早
And the next morning,
你用托盘给他端去了咖啡和胃药
you took him his coffee and Alka-Seltzer on a tray.
我记得我整个上午都紧张得要死
I remember I was worried sick all morning
不知道该怎么面对他
about having to face him,
但他却装作什么都没发生过
but he pretended like nothing at all had happened.
老天 他一定是喝多了 什么都不记得了
Christ, he must have been so drunk, he didn't remember a thing.
这说辞居然管用
Odd how that works.
给那个骗子打电♥话♥吧 你能得十分呢
And now for ten points, get that liar on the phone.
你知道号♥码
You know the number?
当然 他回格罗斯波因特了 住在家里
Sure, he's back in Grosse Pointe, living at home.
刚刚跟第三任妻子分居
Just got separated from his third wife.
-DA还是BY -什么
- DA or BY? - What?
这是接线术语 意思是"没人接"还是"占线"
It's operator lingo. It means "doesn't answer" or "busy."
他根本没好好听清楚
He didn't even give it time to find out.
拜托 伯纳德 拿起电♥话♥吧
Come on, Bernard. Pick up that phone.
你想打给他 你知道的 对吗
You know you want to call him. You know that, don't you?
那就打吧
Well, go ahead.
你已经被好奇心驱使了 所以快打给他吧
Your curiosity's got the best of you now. So go on, call him.
打吧
Do it.
-喂 -得一分
- Hello? - One point.
请问是哪位
Who's speaking?
-达尔贝克夫人 -加一分
- Mrs. Dahlbeck. - One point.
我是伯纳德
It's Bernard.
弗朗辛的孩子
Francine's boy.
儿子 不是孩子
Son, not boy.
我很好 谢谢
Just fine, thank you.
达尔贝克夫人 彼得在家吗
Mrs. Dahlbeck, is-is... Peter at home?
这样啊
I see.
该死
Shit.
不 不
Oh, no, no.
不不不 没什么要紧事
Oh, no, no. No, no. It-It's nothing important. I...
我只是想告诉他...
I just wanted to tell him that...
告诉他...
Just to tell him that I...
我爱他
I love him...
我一直都爱着他
and I've always loved him.
我为他们夫妻的事感到很难过
That I was very sorry to hear about him and his wife.
没加分
No points.
妈妈写信告诉我的
Mama wrote me.
对 是的 确实是这样
Yes, it is. It-It-It really is. Well...
你可以转告他吗 我打电♥话♥来说我...
Would you just tell him that I called and said that I...
我...
That I...
我为他们夫妻感到很难过
I was just very, very sorry to hear
希望他们能圆♥满♥解决问题
and hope they can get everything straightened out.
晚安
Good night.
再见
Goodbye.
总共两分
Two points total.
糟透了 下一位
Terrible. Next.
你没事吧 伯纳德
You all right, Bernard?
我为什么要打电♥话♥
Why did I call?
我为什么要这么做
Why did I do that?
-他去哪了 -出门约会了
- Where was he? - Out on a date.
来吧
Come on.
埃莫里
Emory.
该你了
Punch in.
请帮我查一个号♥码
May I have a number, please?
布朗克斯区
In the Bronx.
一个叫德尔伯特·博茨的人
For a Delbert Botts.
"一个" 能有多少叫这个名字的人
A Delbert Botts? How many could there be?
真希望我没打电♥话♥
Wish I hadn't called now.
不 住♥宅♥电♥话♥ 谢谢
No, the residence number, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
真希望查号♥台的人不要再叫我"女士"了
I do wish Information would stop calling me "ma'am."
别客气 随便在我的电♥话♥上乱涂吧
By all means, scribble all over my phone.
用口水一擦就掉了
It comes off with a little spit.
很多东西都是
Like a lot of things.
德尔伯特·博茨到底是谁
Who the hell is Delbert Botts?
我一直爱着的那个人
The one person I've always loved.
你不是说要打给爱过的人吗
That's who you said to call, isn't it?
没错 埃锉锉
Right, emery board.
你怎么能爱上叫这种名字的人
How could you love somebody with a name like that?
没错 埃莫里
Yes, Emory,
你不可能爱上叫这种名字的人
you couldn't possibly love anyone with a name like that.
这名字写在座位卡上可不好看
That wouldn't look good on a place card.
对不对 艾伦
Isn't that right, Alan?
我承认他的名字不好听
I admit his name is not so good,
但他本人
but he...
绝对是个尤物
absolutely beautiful.
我对他一见钟情
I've loved him ever since the first day I laid eyes on him,
当时我才五年级
which was when I was in the fifth grade
而他已经高三了
and he was a senior.
然后他去上大学了
Then he went away to college,
等他毕业的时候 我在上高中
and by the time he got out, I was in high school.
后来他成了牙医
And he had become... a dentist.
然后你为了见他把嘴里的牙都拔光了
And you went and had every tooth in your head pulled out, right?
没有
No.
我只是去洗牙而已
I just had my teeth cleaned, that's all.
我不该打电♥话♥的
I shouldn't have called.
你能闭嘴吗 伯纳德
Will you shut up, Bernard?
别在这里无聊又催眠地发牢骚 到别处去
And take your boring, sleep-making icks somewhere else. Go.
我记得洗牙时我一直注视着他的眼睛
I remember I looked right in his eyes the whole time.
一直想咬他的手指
I kept wanting to bite his fingers.
真让人无法想象
Well, it's absolutely mind-boggling.
-阳♥具♥崇拜 -完全想象不出来
- Phyllis Phallic. - It absolutely boggles the mind.
我告诉他 我来洗牙
I told him I was having my teeth cleaned
是为了参加年度舞会
for the junior-senior prom
而我负责舞会的装饰
for which I was in charge of decorations.
我告诉他 舞会的主题是天空
I told him it was a celestial theme,
我用锡箔做了星星
and I was cutting stars out of tin foil
我用铁丝网和金银丝做了云朵
and making clouds out of chicken wire and angel's hair.
只有同志才能做出漂亮的东西
Mary, it takes a fairy to make something pretty.
有次圣诞节 我把金银丝弄到衣服里面了
I got angel's hair down my shirt once at Christmastime.
天呐 痒死了
Gosh, did it itch.
要是弄到那里一定很可怕
It would be terrible if you got that stuff in your...
我闭嘴
I'll be quiet.
他和一个叫洛兰的蠢女孩订婚了
He was engaged to this stupid-ass girl named Loraine,
她妈妈是个不折不扣的大贱♥货♥
whose mother was truly a real see-you-next-Tuesday.
别跑题
Don't digress.
总之 我伤心欲绝
Well, anyway... I was a wreck.
整个人失魂落魄
I mean, a total mess.
吃不下饭 睡不着觉 干什么都不行
I couldn't eat, sleep, stand up, sit down, nothing.
最终 我打电♥话♥给他
Finally, I called him on the phone
问他能不能单独见面
and asked if I could see him alone.
显然不是冷静的举动
Clearly, not the coolest of moves.
他说可以
He said okay.
让我去他家
Told me to come by his house.
我紧张得要命 手抖个不停
I was so nervous, my hands were shaking.
我都无法直视他
I couldn't even look at him.
我眼睛盯着别处
I just... stared straight in space
一口气说出来意
and blurted out why I'd come.
我告诉他 我希望他当我的朋友
I told him I wanted him to be my friend.
我说我从没有过交心的朋友
I said that I had never had a friend I could talk to
没有我能倾诉和信任的朋友
and tell everything to and-and trust.
我问他能不能当我的朋友
I asked him if he would be my friend.
他说他很乐意当我的朋友
He said he would be glad to be my friend,
只要我想见他或给他打电♥话♥
and anytime I wanted to see him or call him,
随时给他打电♥话♥ 他就会见我
to just call him and he'd see me.
他握了握我颤抖的手 我走的时候...
And he shook my trembling hand, and I left...
仿佛置身云端
电影精选列表