你母亲 她
your mother, is she ...
她死了
She's dead.
走得很安详 有人陪伴
Quite peacefully, and someone with her.
只是离开得太早
Too early though.
三年前的事
Three years ago.
从今天起我就是孤儿了
So an orphan as of today.
是的
Yes.
发生这种事 一定不好受
That's not nice ... whenever it happens.
我该走了
I should go.
非常感谢你的宝贵时间
I am very grateful for your time.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你来通知我
Thank you for coming to tell me.
应该的 你有我的电♥话♥号♥码
Of course. And you have my number.
如果你想通了的话
if you decide to involve yourself any further.
参加葬礼
The funeral...
我安排了
And I've arranged...
拜托 梅先生 不要再说了
Please Mr May, don't say any more.
你已经说得够多了
You've already said such a lot.
等一下 你的车门
Excuse me, your door!
车门 车门
Your door! Your door!
约翰·梅
John May.
我听到你从走廊走来
I thought I heard you coming down the corridor.
这里很少听到年轻人的脚步声
Young folks steps, not many of them round here.
进来吧 我是大块头
Come in, I'm Jumbo.
幸会 大块头
Very pleased to meet you Jumbo.
帮你准备了晚餐 希望合你胃口
Made you some dinner, I hope it's out.
还有刚沏的茶
Some tea there just brewed.
自己倒一杯 请坐 吃吧
Pour yourself a cup and sit down. Eat.
谢谢 非常感谢
Thank you. Very much.
还可以吗
Alright?
很好 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
好极了
Perfect.
比利的女儿告诉你关于我的事
So ... Billy's daughter told you about me.
我记得她的声音
I remember her voice...
肯定是个可爱的女孩 很温柔
Must be a lovely girl, gentle.
是的 很温柔
Yes. Gentle.
那可不是遗传自她爸爸
Didn't get that from her father.
我入伍第一天就被他揍了
Knocked my bloody head in, mi' first day in the Army.
如果没有他 我活不到现在
Wouldn't be here now though, if it wasn't for him.
他没有把我丢在山上
Didn't leave me on that bloody mountain.
福克兰群岛
The Falklands?
对 该死的地方
Right. Fuckin' place.
你当过兵吗
You've been in the Army?
我 没 我没当过
Me? no, no I haven't.
那是我一生中最糟糕的事 当伞兵
That's worst of our lives, the Paras.
他们专挑最狠的混♥蛋♥
They picked the meanest bastards didn't they...
然后当我再找到他时
When I found him again,
他睡在街上 当流浪汉
he was on the streets, a dosser.
但他只在最高档的地方睡觉
Mind you, he only slept in the poshest places,
巴克莱广场 格林广场
Barclay Square, Green Park.
他不会去差劲的国王十字广场
No King's Cross for him.
喝酒 可以让人遗忘过去
The drink ... helps you forget.
让你睡觉时不会做噩梦
Helps you to sleep without dreaming.
但这样会窝在心里 无处宣泄
Then it gets inside you and won't come out.
一想起杀人的事 我就很恐惧
It's awful when you think about it. Killin' a man.
你呢 你留在军队了吗
And you? You stayed on?
没有 我一出医院就来了伦敦
No, as soon as I got out of hospital, came down to London.
试着稳定下来 甚至还结了婚
Tried settling down. Even got married.
结婚那天可真精彩
What a day that was!
我在教堂里睡着了
Fell asleep in the church.
我们是跳舞时认识的
We met at a dance.
她躲在柱子后面 假装不看我
She was hiding behind the pillars, pretending not to look.
跳舞很笨拙 真可爱
Two left feet, lovely!
真是美好的日子
They were the days.
没事的 警官
It's alright Officer.
我只是在这里想事情
Just here havin' a think, that's all.
他不是警♥察♥ 是慈善机构的
He's not the law, he's from St. Jude's.
慈善机构
St. Jude yeah?
倡导让我们戒了酒改喝汤
Still tryin' to turn us off drink for a soup.
怎么回事 以前都派美女来的
What happen't they used to send pretty birds to convince us.
现在我们不值得了
We're not worth enough.
我是肯尼顿区来的
I'm from Kennington Borough.
我在找认识威廉·史托克的人
I'm looking for people who might have known a man.
也叫比利·史托克
called William Stoke, Billy Stoke.
听说他以前常来这里
I'm told he use to come here often.
比利·史托克 你是说大♥比♥利
Billy Stoke, you mean Big Billy.
他怎么了
What's with him?
他几星期前过世了
Actually he passed away a few weeks ago.
几星期 我们好几个月没见到他了
Weeks? Well we ain't seen him for months.
好几年了
Years even.
你想知道什么
What is it you want to know?
我想知道他是什么样的人
I'd like to know what he was like.
他认识哪些人
What acquaintances he ...
嗯 这消息至少值一杯酒吧
Yeah? Well information like that's worth the price of a drink
你说呢
D'you think?
一瓶威士忌
Bottle of whiskey please.
伍兹牌 大瓶的
Wood's. The large one.
这才算是喝酒 太好了
That's what I call a drink! Good man!
谢了 坐下吧
Thank you. Sit down, sit down.
别拿脚指头看我们
You'll give us a toe neck.
大♥比♥利 他是最差劲的乞丐
Big Billy... he was the worst beggar.
等一下
Hold on a minute.
来吃颗红色的 很棒喔
Have a red one, they're good.
谢了 我不吃的
Thank you, I haven't eaten.
他对乞讨没兴趣
He weren't one you see.
赌徒的直觉 从没错过
The punters felt it, they never stopped.
莱丝莉让他喝的
It was Lesley who got him the drink.
不然他不会酗酒
He would have been sober without her.
莱丝莉
Lesley?
我们都很喜欢她
We were all mad for her.
我可没有
I was.
但她在这群人中选了比利
But out the crew she picked Billy.
唯一不会骚扰她的人
The only one who didn't pester her.
我可没骚扰
I didn't.
你有
You did!
你记得他为她偷巧克力那次吗
Do you remember the time he nicked the chocolate for her?
全都融化了
It was all melted.
他全身都沾满黏呼呼的巧克力
It all ... caked in it, all covered in this ... woo, sticky chocolate.
对 他因此蹲了三个月牢
Oh yeah, he got 3 months for that.
只为了巧克力
Just for chocolate.
你知道在哪可以找到莱丝莉吗
Do you know where I can find Lesley?
公墓 葬礼很隆重
Bone yard. Good funeral though.
可爱的女士 葬礼后的酒很好喝
Lovely lady. Good drink after.
他们从来都不说话
They never seemed to talk.
只是一起坐在长椅上
They just sat there on a bench together.
那正是我们都想要的 不是吗
Well that's what we all want, isn't it?
一个可以安静相处的女人
A woman to be quiet with.
威廉“比利”史托克 永怀
好的 G区
OK, G.
这里 G区 93485
This one here, G-93485.
93485 视野很好
93485, right. Good views.
不是吗 很棒
Aren't they? Lovely.
你想要
And you would like to...
我想把它送其他人
I would like to make it available for someone else.
家人
Family member?
不是家人 只是一个朋友
No family. Just a friend.
肯尼顿区顾客服务
London Borough of Kennington Client Services,
我是约翰·梅
John May speaking.
是的 史托克小姐
Yes. Miss Stoke,
当然
of course.
11点