琴酒。
Gin.
琴酒!
Gin!
琴酒。
Gin.
这是文件。
Here's the doc.
医生,结果如何?
What's the verdict, Doc?
撑不过 24 小时了。
Can't last another 24 hours.
我们还有机会赶上早版吗?他一定希望如此。
Any chance of us making the early edition? He'd want to.
拍些照片怎么样,留作最后的纪念?
What about some pictures, last-moment stuff?
不。
No.
下午好,桑代克小姐。您父亲...我听到您的判决了,克兰医生。
Good afternoon, Miss Thorndyke. Your father... I heard your verdict, Dr. Crane.
那是他女儿。比她父亲更难对付。
That's the daughter. She's tougher than the old man.
- 滚出去。- 但是,桑代克先生,我...出去!我说出去!愚蠢的护士,医生。
- Get out. - But, Mr. Thorndyke, I... Out! Out, I say. Stupid nurses, doctors.
哦。
Oh.
你感觉怎么样,山姆?
How are you feeling, Sam?
噢,这该死的玩意儿快把我折磨疯了。
Oh, this blasted thing's eating my guts away.
你看到奥尔巴尼报纸上的那篇社论了吗?
Did you see that editorial in the Albany paper?
那家伙不听指挥,把他开了。
That fella won't take orders. Fire him.
是我。
I did.
这才是我的好姑娘。
That's my girl.
白宫打电♥话♥来询问你的情况。
The White House called to ask about you.
他应该打电♥话♥的。
He should call.
要不是那些共和党人背后捅刀,现在入主白宫的人就不会是他。
If those Republicans hadn't knifed me, he wouldn't be in the White House.
在那里垂死挣扎的人就该是我了。
I'd be dying there.
哎呀呀,还有别的吗?
Well, well, well. What else?
朗斯特里特来电♥话♥了。
Longstreet called.
朗斯特里特?那个讨厌鬼。
Longstreet? That buzzard.
他出价要买♥♥那些文件。
Made me an offer for the papers.
他说愿意保留我在刊头的名字。
Willing to keep my name on the masthead, he says.
我会保留的,山姆。你不需要朗斯特里特或其他人。
I'll keep it there, Sam. You don't need Longstreet or anyone else.
凯,我曾因为你是女孩而讨厌你。
Kay, I used to hate you for being a girl.
我一直想要一个像我这样的儿子。
I always wanted a son like me.
但你比任何儿子都出色。
But you're bigger than any son.
女人的身体,男人的头脑。
A woman's body with a man's brains.
用我的智慧。
My brains. Use them.
凯,你总会以某种方式入主白宫的。
You'll make the White House, Kay, one way or another.
共和党欠我们这份情。别忘了。
The Republican Party owe us that. Don't forget it.
我不会忘的。
I won't forget it.
这才是我的好姑娘。
That's my girl.
男人软弱、虚荣、理想主义。
Men are weak, vain, idealistic.
无法忍♥受痛苦。
Can't stand pain.
再也无法忍♥受痛苦了... - 山姆。 - 女人才是真正的现实主义者。
Can't stand pain any longer... - Sam. - Women are the only realists.
直到她们变得多愁善感。凯,你从来不会多愁善感吧。
Until they get sentimental. Don't you ever get sentimental, Kay.
- 我从来没有过。 - 是啊。
- I never have. - Yeah.
呃...再见,姑娘。
Er... Goodbye, girl.
我想今天就到此为止吧。
I guess I'll call it a day.
从现在起你就是头儿了。
You're the chief from herein.
- 我会想你的,山姆。- 嗯,嗯。
- I'm gonna miss you, Sam. - Yeah, yeah.
你会没事的。你会没事的。
You'll be all right. You'll be all right.
让那些人头落地。
Make those heads roll.
让那些人头落地。
Make those heads roll.
- 别进去。- 可是,小姐...
- Don't go in there. - But, Miss...
哦,天哪!哦,医生!
Oh, good heavens! Oh, Doctor!
医生!
Doctor!
快报♥警♥!
Call the police!
- 恭喜。 - 恭喜。
- Congratulations. - Congratulations.
- 五十一。 - 哦,医生。
- Fifty-one. - Oh, Doctor.
麦克马纳斯先生,你的胃不舒服吗?
Lose your stomach, Mr. MacManus?
请到霍金斯先生的办公室。右边第一个门。
Mr. Hawkins' office, please. First door to your right.
谢谢。
Thank you.
- 嗨,斯库拉。 - 嗨,卡律布迪斯。
- Hi, Scylla. - Hi, Charybdis.
哟,这不是穷♥人♥的德鲁·皮尔逊嘛。
Well, if it isn't the poor man's Drew Pearson.
嘿,新来的天才。
Hey, new talent.
你最好在我们有新专栏作家之前进去。
You better go in before we have a new columnist.
等等,谁和驯狮人一起在里面?
Wait a minute. Who's in there with the lion-tamer?
秘密小队。从防火梯进来的。
Team secret. Came in through the fire escape.
- 定制的?- 嗯。
- Tailored? - Mmm-hmm.
- 定制的政客?- 哼。
- Tailored politician? - Hmm.
- 定制的共和党政客?- 不然呢?
- Tailored Republican politician? - What else?
量身定制的担忧共和党政客?
Tailored worried Republican politician?
如今所有政客都忧心忡忡。
All politicians are worried today.
吉姆·科诺弗。通报我的到来。
Jim Conover. Announce me.
斯派克·麦克马纳斯。让他进来。
Spike MacManus. Send him in.
如果我有你的号♥码,我会打电♥话♥告诉你谁将成为下一任美国总统。
If I had your number, I'd call you and tell you who's gonna be the next President of the United States.
我知道。是杜鲁门。
I know. Truman.
你想让这里的墙都塌下来吗?回头见。
You want the walls to cave in around here? I'll see you later.
你好,老板。你好,吉姆,有什么新鲜事?
Hello, boss. Hello, Jim, what's cooking?
你会没事的。要是我在这里的消息走漏半个字。
You'll be. If one word of my being here gets out.
嘿,老板,新闻自♥由♥啊。
Hey, boss, the freedom of the press.
如果你非要在专栏里提我的名字,就写康诺弗。
If you must grace your column with my name, it's Conover.
C-O-N-O-V-E-R。
C-O-N-O-V-E-R.
你拼成了"Canover"、"Can opener",就是没拼对 Conover。
You've spelt it "Canover", "Can opener", everything but Conover.
别嚷嚷,我还没拼成"Conniver"呢。
Don't squawk, I haven't spelt it "Conniver" yet.
别开玩笑了。
Let's skip the jokes.
吉姆,你知道今年共和党大会可能会陷入僵局。
Jim, you know the Republican Convention this year can end in a deadlock.
我什么都不知道。
I don't know anything.
- 我那个有两个头的叔叔会。 - 斯派克。
- My uncle with the two heads does. - Spike.
他告诉我他们正遵循共和党的一贯策略:
He tells me they're following the usual Republican policy:
塔夫脱、杜威、史塔生和范登堡可能在大会前就互相淘汰出局。
The Tafts, Deweys, Stassens, and Vandenbergs may knock each other out of the running even before the Convention.
从而为一匹黑♥马♥铺就完美赛道。
Thus providing a perfect track for a dark horse.
这就让你,康诺弗先生,一个正在寻找能打的重磅拳击手的拳击经纪人。
Which leaves you, Mr. Conover, a fight manager looking for a good heavyweight who can punch.
吉姆,我想我找到了你要的人。
Jim, I think I have your man.
是啊,你和其他所有人都是这么说的。
Yeah, you and everybody else.
我是凯·桑代克,不是其他所有人。
This is Kay Thorndyke, not everybody else.
抱歉,凯,只是你得证明给我看。我可是密苏里州来的(不见证据不信邪)。
I'm sorry, Kay, it's just that you have to show me. I'm from Missouri.
哈!
Ha!
你要是真来自密苏里,早该在华盛顿谋到差事了。
If you were from Missouri, you'd have a job in Washington.
别闹了,斯派克。
Lay off, Spike.
好吧,凯,老实交代吧。你的意中人是谁?
All right, let's have it, Kay. Who's your man?
第一条:出生于内华达州。
ltem one: born in Nevada.
但历史上还从未有过来自西部的总统。
But there's never been a western president.
外面也有美国人。
There are Americans out there, too.
第二项:白手起家,卖♥♥过报纸,半工半读完成学业。
Item two: self-made, sold newspapers, worked his way through school.
第三项:优秀的战争履历。一战期间加入拉斐特飞行队担任游击飞行员,获三国政♥府♥授勋。——都是陈年旧事了。
Item three: good war record. Partisaned Lafayette Escadrille WWI, - decorated by three governments. - Ancient history.
第四项:创办了小型飞机制♥造♥厂,并将其发展为当今航♥空♥业巨头。
Item four: started the two-by-four airplane factory and ran it into the biggest thing in aviation today.
我跟你说话时看着我。
Look at me when I'm talking to you.
首位引入劳资工厂管理制度的实业家。
First industrialist to introduce labor-management plant administration.
他甚至从未面临过罢♥工♥威胁。
He's never even been threatened with a strike.
他能一手掌控劳工,一手操控大企业。你有兴趣吗?
He'd have labor in one pocket, big business in the other. Are you interested?
不。霍雷肖·阿尔杰长什么样?
No. What's Horatio Alger look like?
如果这是你想问的,那他这辈子都让女人为之疯狂。
Women have been crazy about him all his life, if that's what you mean.
好吧,那看来我没戏了。
Well, that lets me out.
那男人呢?
And men?
棒球俱乐部的合伙人之一。
Part owner of a ball club.
竞选过公职吗?
Ever run for office?
连捕狗员都没参选过。
Not even for dog catcher.
厌恶政♥治♥。
Hates politics.
那是什么让他萌生了当总统的念头?
Then what's given him this presidential yen?
哦,他还没拿到呢。
Oh, he hasn't got it yet.
你正要给他那个。
You're going to give him that.
明天就会在报摊上架。
On the newsstands tomorrow.
"我们的飞机有翅膀,但我们的想法没有。"
"Our planes have wings but not our ideas."
你可以让他成为下一任总统,吉姆。
You could make him the next president, Jim.
凯,我并没有特别被打动。业余人士从来都打动不了我。
Kay, I'm not terribly impressed. I never am by amateurs.
但如果你和格兰特·马修斯碰巧在华盛顿,为了避雨来敲我的门... 不过整个下午我一直在试图把这点说清楚。
But if you and Grant Matthews happen to be in Washington, and knock on my door to get out of the rain... But I have been trying to make this clear all afternoon.
我不想当美国总统。
I don't want to be President of the United States.
看来这职位对他不够分量啊,老板。
Guess the job isn't big enough for him, boss.
总统。天哪。
President. Holy smoke.
嘿,我小时候,我爸带我专程花两天时间就为看一眼塔夫脱总统。
Why, when I was a kid, my dad took me on a two-day trip just to look at President Taft.
在晴朗的日子里,你能在几百英里外就看见他。
On a clear day you could see him for a couple of hundred miles.
是啊,确实能。
Yeah, you sure could.
电影精选列表