I had no right to expect you to kick over a habit like that.
哦,道格,拜托。我受不了了。
Oh, Doug, please. I can't stand this.
我完全了解你的感受,宝贝。
I know exactly how you feel, babe.
几个月来,我一直按兵不动地听着你对我的每一句骂人的话,骗自己我是一个什么样的人,对我的亲吻者避而远之直到今天你让我看了一眼。
For months I've been holding still for every dirty rap you wanted to hang on me, conning myself what a guy I am, ducking a real honest look at my kisser until today you made me look.
你知道吗,他们有个专门的名字专门给那些卖♥♥旧货的人。
You know, they've got a name for guys who peddle shopworn merchandise to the suckers.
哦,道格!你怎么能这么说自己?
Oh, Doug! How could you say those things about yourself?
其他人都这么说,为什么把我排除在外?
Everybody else is saying them, why rule me out?
我应该服毒,但那样会让你太出名。我有个更好的办法。
I ought to take poison, but that would give you too much publicity. I've got a better way.
哦,道格,不,不。我不值得你这么做。
Oh, Doug, no, no. I'm not worth it.
我已经对你做得够多了。
I've done enough to you already.
如果你开始喝酒,你就再也找不到工作了!
You'll never get another job again if you start drinking!
你会穿紧身衣的!
You'll end up in a straitjacket!
为什么不呢?那样你会更好地忘记。
Why not? You'll forget better that way.
哦,不,道格。道格!
Oh, no, Doug. Doug!
-那我呢?——你呢?
- What about me? - You?
下次动手前先摇一摇。
Next time, rattle before you strike.
“你最喜欢哪个男演员?”
"What actor or actress do you like the most?
“大猩猩”。
"The gorilla."
“你喜欢这个故事吗?”什么故事?”
"Did you like the story? What story?"
215张卡片,他们都喜欢大猩猩胜过喜欢你女朋友。
215 cards, and all of them like the gorilla better than your girlfriend.
梅小姐,就是你说的"我女朋友"
Uh, miss plum, the lady to whom you refer as "my girlfriend"
只是个生意伙伴。
is merely a business associate.
他们对你的“生意伙伴”发出嘘声,我还以为剧院里都是眼镜蛇呢。
The way they hissed your "business associate", I thought the theater was full of cobras.
是的,那是一次可怕的经历。
Yes, it was a horrible experience.
别太难过,小桑尼。
Well, don't take it too hard, Sonny boy.
梅子小姐。
Miss plum.
恐怕这是巨型动物的末日了。
I'm afraid this is the end of colossal.
你是说你要卖♥♥?拿骚吗?
Do you mean you're gonna sell? To Nassau?
我没有别的选择。
I see no alternative.
阿特伯里,你知道你在说什么吗?
Atterbury, do you know what you're saying?
为什么,梅小姐。
Why, miss plum.
你同情的态度向我证明,你不仅是一个忠诚的雇员,如果你允许自♥由♥号♥的话,你还是一个亲密的私人朋友。
Your sympathetic attitude proves to me that you are not only a loyal employee, you are also, if you will permit the Liberty, a close, personal friend.
一想到要在那些爱宠的人面前丢脸……你这个自大的加法机。
The prospect of humbling myself before the pettypackers... Why, you egotistical adding machine.
我关你什么事?
What do I care how you humble yourself?
我在想,如果你关了这个工作室,那些人会不听你的。
I'm thinking of the people who'll go out on their ear if you close this studio.
琼斯老爹在小卖♥♥部,库利小姐在衣柜里。
Pop Jones at the commissary, miss cooley up in the wardrobe.
木匠,道具师,电工。
Carpenters, prop men, electricians.
你称之为单位的三千人。
Three thousand people that you call units.
那些碰巧有房♥子、家庭、孩子、房♥租和医疗费的单位……梅小姐,求你了!-去卖♥♥工作室吧!
Units who happen to have homes and families and kids and rent to pay and doctor bills... - Miss plum, please! - Go ahead and sell the studio!
但当你在纽约坐在你锃亮的办公桌前倒烟灰缸时,请记住这一点,你让成千上万的人失去了工作
But remember this when you're sitting at your highly polished desk in New York emptying ashtrays, that those thousands of people you threw out of work will be
走在街上,在杂货店和屠夫面前卑躬屈膝,因为你而挨饿!
walking the streets, humbling themselves to the grocer and butcher, hungry because of you!
梅小姐,你太歇斯底里了。
Miss plum, You're hysterical.
我当然是,因为我就是其中一员!
Sure I am, because I'm one of those units!
你们不是一个整体!Y……你……y……你不一样了,梅小姐。
You're not a unit! Y... You're... y... you're different, miss plum.
不,我没有什么不同。
No, I'm not different.
从现在起,我不再是忠诚的员工也不再是亲密的私人朋友。
And from now on, I'm not even a loyal employee nor a close, personal friend.
梅子小姐。
Miss plum.
在这种情况下,我还能做什么?
Under the circumstances, what else can I do?
没什么。你解雇了quintain,他也许能帮上忙。
Nothing. You fired quintain, the one man who might have been able to do something.
喂?给我接Quintain先生的住处。
Hello? Get me Mr. Quintain's residence.
你好,我想和Quintain先生通话。
Hello, I want to speak with Mr. Quintain.
哦。我在哪里可以找到他?
Oh. Where can I locate him?
嗯,他是不是有点……最喜欢的困扰?
Well, hasn't he some... Favorite haunt?
哦。昆丁先生,他在特罗卡代罗徘徊了两天。
Oh. Mr. Quintain, him haunting trocadero for two days.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
不,你不需要。你别想再进来了。
oh, no you don't. You ain't getting in here again.
走开,我的朋友。
Aside, my friend.
我坚持我的宪法权利。
I stand on my constitutional rights.
走开,不然你就会坐在上面了!
Go away, or you'll be sitting on them!
你知道吗,你一直都是最烦人的…好了,甜心,这是个僵局。
You know, you are the most consistently irritating... Okay, sugar, it's a deadlock.
枪靶先生。
Mr. Quintain.
-多德先生。-我有话跟你说。
- Ah, Mr. Dodd. - I've got to speak to you.
我要请你喝一杯。
I claim the privilege of buying you a little drink.
哦,不,不。不,真的,我得跟你谈谈。
Oh, no, no. No, really, I've got to speak to you.
喝点小酒,朋友。
Over a little drink, my friend.
那我就只能让你无助了。
Then I shall be forced to render you helpless.
驱动。
Drive on.
Quintain先生,3000人的命运对你来说一点都不重要吗?
Mr. Quintain, doesn't the fate of 3,000 people mean anything to you?
只有一个民族的命运对我有意义。
Only the fate of one people means anything to me.
她是个小臭鼬。
And she's a little skunk.
-听我说…-别烦我
- Now, look here... - Aw, leave me alone.
-但是,Quintain先生,你…-干掉他们,宝贝,干掉他们。
- But, Mr. Quintain, you... - Sic 'em, baby, sic 'em.
这是你提出的第一个合理论点。
Ah, now that's the first reasonable argument you've presented.
感觉好点了吗?
Feeling better?
是的,好多了。
Yeah, lots better.
啊,可是说话有什么用呢?
Ah, but what's the use of talking?
即使我能修好这幅画,切尔也得同意剪。
Even if I could fix the picture, cherl'd have to okay the cutting.
那我就剥夺她的权力。
Then I shall deprive her of that power.
扔掉你梦寐以求的书。
Throw away your dream book.
Quintain先生,每个明星球员的合同里都有这样的条款。
Mr. Quintain, there is a clause in every star player's contract.
引述:“如果这位艺术家做出了任何会让公众对电影行业产生偏见的行为,比如做了任何可能会让她陷入公众仇恨、鄙视、嘲笑或嘲笑的事情,
Quote: "If the artist commits any act which will prejudice "the public against the motion picture industry "by doing anything which may bring her into public hatred, "contempt, scorn or ridicule,
“合同就违约了。”结束。
"the contract is then breached." Unquote.
那又怎样?
So what?
所以我要让她卷入丑闻。
So I shall involve her in a scandal.
说,这一点都不好笑。她会让你的。
Say, that's not so funny at that. She'll let 'ya.
我相信她会的。
I'm sure she will.
我总觉得谢里小姐喜欢主动示爱。
I've always had the impression that miss cheri is inclined to make advances.
多德,你撞到东西了。
Hey, dodd, you hit something.
看着谢里退出电影行业,对我们俩都好。
Watching cheri out of the picture business is the answer for both of us.
祝我好运吧。
Well, wish me luck.
多德,我从这些预演卡上找到了一个角度。
Dodd, I've got an angle from these preview cards.
我有预感。
I got a hunch.
我…我希望我的努力不会白费。
I... I hope my endeavors won't be wasted.
你知道这会让你变成一个浪荡子和江湖骗子吧?
You realize that this makes you a libertine and a charlatan, don't you?
是的,我完全明白。
Yes, I'm fully aware of that.
我很愿意做出牺牲。
And I'm quite willing to make the sacrifice.
等一下。你不是唯一一个做出牺牲的人。
Wait a minute. You're not the only one that's making the sacrifice.
我仍然爱着那个女人。
I still love that dame.
我希望我知道为什么。
I wish I knew why.
好。
Well.
但是,拿骚先生。
But, Mr. Nassau.
这是一个诚信问题。
This is a question of good faith.
我召集了这次董事会特别会议。
Here I've called this special meeting of my board.
我和他们打过仗。
I've fought with them.
我已经说服他们接受了你开出的天价。
I've persuaded them to accept your offer for colossal.
而现在……我…我不知道该怎么跟他们解释你态度的转变。
And now... I... I don't know how I'm going to explain your change in attitude to them.
很遗憾,佩特帕克先生,但我现在正在和我自己的董事会开会。
That's regrettable, Mr. Pettypacker, but I'm in a meeting right now with my own board.
你的多德先生毁了巨轮公♥司♥最宝贵的资产,谢里小姐。
Your Mr. Dodd has destroyed colossal's greatest asset, miss cheri.
哦,不可能再谈了。
Oh, further negotiations are impossible.
对不起,佩特帕克先生。
I'm sorry, Mr. Pettypacker.
等等,拿骚先生。
Uh, wait, Mr. Nassau.
现在,假设我告诉你,我的董事会授权我解雇多德,关闭工资单,把工厂交给你?
Now, suppose I told you that my board has authorized me to fire dodd, close the payroll, and turn the plant over to you?
巨轮还是个好产业,拿骚先生。
Colossal is still a fine property, Mr. Nassau.
我说的是立即交货。
And I am talking immediate delivery.
坦白说,佩特帕克先生,我们已经决定了,但是…等等,我再做最后一次努力。
Frankly, Mr. Pettypacker, we've made up our minds, but... Uh, hang on, I'll make one last effort.
第一场比赛!
The first race!
最后,我和绞盘并驾齐驱,妈咪第三和高命快追上来了。
Down the stretch, me oh my and capstan neck and neck, mammy third and high life closing up fast.
他们进来了,这是摄影收尾。
They're in, and it's a photographic finish.
多么激烈的比赛……你赢了,Pettypacker先生。
What a race... You win, Mr. Pettypacker.
好吧。我们在纽约的律师可以处理。
All right. Our attorneys in New York can handle that.
哦,你真是个幸运的人。
Oh, you're a lucky man.
由来已久。
Solong.
签字、盖章并交付。
Signed, sealed and delivered.
我真想看看阿特伯里·多德的脸。
Oh, I'd love to see atterbury dodd's face long about now.
我也是。
Me too.
等一下,好吗?
Wait a minute, will you?
喂?你好,请给我派个听差来。
Hello? Hello, send me a page boy, please.
哦……喂?多德说。
Oh... Hello? Dodd speaking.
我知道我是多德。
I know it's dodd speaking.
我们已经被卖♥♥到拿骚了。你被解雇了!
We've sold out to Nassau. You're fired!
进来。
电影精选列表