好吗?
Well?
没有人想说什么吗?
Hasn't anybody got anything to say?
我们正等着听你说什么呢,父亲。
We were waiting to hear what you had to say, father.
停止喃喃自语。
Stop mumbling.
我说…你觉得阿特伯里的调查怎么样?
I said... What do you think of atterbury's survey?
什么也没说。
Said nothing of the sort.
但如果你想听我的意见,我认为这是胡扯。
But if you want my opinion, I think it's fiddle-faddle.
你觉得呢,小子?
What do you think, junior?
我同意你的看法,爷爷。
I concur with you, grandfather.
你总是对的。
You are always right.
没有人是永远正确的。
No one is always right.
那个男孩会长大吗?
Will that boy ever grow up?
马上给好莱坞的伊沃·拿骚打电报,说佩特帕克公♥司♥将接受他出价500万美元收♥购♥这家庞大的电影公♥司♥。
Wire ivor Nassau in Hollywood immediately that the house of pettypacker will accept his offer of five million dollars for the colossal film company.
在他恢复意识之前。
Before he recovers consciousness.
谢谢阿特伯里的调查,告诉他我们的决定。
And thank atterbury for his survey, and tell him of our decision.
你们邀请我到母校演讲,我深感荣幸。
I'm honored by your invitation to address my Alma mater.
然而,在过去,我很难说服我的听众,数学的科学不仅仅是几何设计中的图形。
In the past, however, I've encountered difficulty in persuading my hearers that the science of mathematics is not one of mere figures in geometrical design.
3点钟,多德先生。
Three o'clock, Mr. Dodd.
一分钟过去了,你迟到了。
One minute past, you're late.
但一门比吃喝更重要的科学?
But a science more important to life than food and drink?
一个科学…那个账户昨晚就该注销了。
A science... that account should have been out last night.
没有它,就没有音乐。
Without which, there could be no music.
没有诗歌♥。没有艺术。
No poetry. No art.
这平衡了吗,多德先生?
Does this balance, Mr. Dodd?
加法有个错误。
There's an error in the addition.
总数应该是1,296,321。
The total should be 1,296,321.
-鸟儿的飞行…-加法机…把加法机修好。鲑鱼的跳跃,舞蹈的节奏,都是数学。
- The flight of the birds... - Adding machine... Have the adding machine fixed. The leap of a salmon, the rhythm of the dance, all are mathematical.
-啊,阿特伯里。-下午好,小三。
- Ah, atterbury. - Good afternoon, junior.
爷爷,呃,我们都想谢谢你的调查。
Grandpa, er, all of us wish to thank you for your survey.
证明了我的观点。出♥售♥巨大的股份是荒谬的。
Proves my point. It'd be ridiculous to sell colossal.
但是…-但是什么?-我们…我们决定接受拿骚先生的提议。
But... - But what? - We, uh... We have decided to take Mr. Nassau's offer.
你爷爷还在会议室吗?
Is your grandfather still in the boardroom?
嗯,是的。
Uh, yes.
但是阿特伯里,你不明白吗?你对我的结论不屑一顾,佩特帕克先生。
But atterbury, don't you see... I see a stubborn disregard for my conclusions, Mr. Pettypacker.
但我看到的不止这些。
But I see more than that.
我看到30202名股东没有得到他们应有的保护。
I see 30,202 stockholders who are not getting the protection to which they are entitled.
你将如何帮助他们?
And just how will you go about helping them?
我会去好莱坞。
I'd go to Hollywood.
我会检查公♥司♥的记录,发现错误并改正。
I'd examine the company's records, discover the error, and correct it.
听起来很简单,阿特伯里。
Sounds simple, atterbury.
但在这里,我们处理的是人为因素。
But here, we're dealing with human factors.
在商业事务中,人们不得不忽略人为因素。
In matters of business, one is forced to ignore human factors.
你很聪明,但你还年轻。
You're smart, but you're young.
我老了,但我仍然很聪明。
I'm old, but I'm still pretty smart.
另外,你有没有意识到你在屏幕上看到的是真人在表演那些东西?是的。
A tterb ury, do you realize those are real folks you see acting those things out on the screen? Yeah.
就像这样:一个人写故事,另一个人导演。
It's like this: One fellow writes a story, and another fella directs it.
或者是很多不同的气质。
Or a lot of different temperaments.
电影就是这样拍的,阿特伯里。
That's the way motion pictures are made, atterbury.
我知道,我调查过了。
I know, I've looked into it.
二加二等于四,佩特帕克先生,不管它们是鱼、苹果还是人。
Two and two make four, Mr. Pettypacker, whether they be fish, apples, or human beings.
你是个顽固不化的年轻人,阿特伯里!
You're a pig-headed young man, atterbury!
你错把自信当成固执了,佩特帕克先生。
You mistake confidence for stubbornness, Mr. Pettypacker.
基于数学的信心。
Confidence based on mathematics.
这是一门从未衰落的科学。
A science which has neverfahed.
它永远不会失败。我把我的未来赌在它上面。
It never will fail. I'll stake my future on it.
-日安,先生-等等
- Good day, sir. - Wait!
你拿你的未来打赌,我们拿五百万美元打赌!
You'll stake your future, we're staking five million dollars!
请原谅,佩特帕克先生,你没有押这种赌注。
I beg your pardon Mr. Pettypacker, you're staking nothing of the sort.
你以500万美元的价格出♥售♥价值1000万美元的房♥产,因为它会带来问题。你故意放弃了股东的五百万。
You're selling a ten million dollar property for five million because it offers problems. You're deliberately giving away five million of your stockholders' money.
-阿特伯里,你怎么敢…-闭嘴!
- Atterbury, how dare you... - Shut up!
闭嘴!
Shut up!
在我72年的银行业生涯中,阿特伯里,从来没有人对我说过这样的话。
In 72 years of banking, atterbury, no one has ever said a thing like that to me before.
现在是你我意见相左了,你去好莱坞吧。
It's your judgment against mine now, so you go to Hollywood.
你将全权负责,拥有无限的权力。
You'll be in full charge, with unlimited authority.
但如果你失败了,就不要回来。
But if you fail, don't come back.
我要去好莱坞。
I'll go to Hollywood.
把它硫化一下,小子。
Have that vulcanized, junior.
是的,爷爷。
Yes, grandfather.
观众们好,我是拉什·休斯,你们的好莱坞摄影师,大家好,大家好。
Hello spectators, this is rush Hughes, your Hollywood photographer, hello, hello, and hello.
阿特伯里·多德,纽约的金融奇才今天要来给病中的巨人工作室治病但是,这是一个秘密,巨人并没有病,
Atterbury dodd, New York financial wizard is due in today to doctor the ailing colossal studio but, and this is the lowdown, colossal is not sick,
它死于慢性中毒。我猜这是内线作案是由一个外部杀手策划的借助一个日渐褪色的女性超级性感明星
it's dying from slow poison. My guess is it's an inside job engineered by an outside chiseler with the aid of which fading feminine supersex star
哪个奶酪导演带着假外国口音?
and what cheese director with a phony foreign accent?
-别问。——呸。
- Don't ask. - Phooey.
想象一个奇怪的好莱坞……我不喜欢它。说得太多了。
Picture a strange Hollywood... I don't like it. It's too much talk.
别想了,拿骚先生。
Don't give it a thought, Mr. Nassau.
我来处理阿特伯里·多德先生。
I'll take care of Mr. Atterbury dodd.
我要做的第一件事是什么?
And what's the first thing I do?
我打碎了他的眼镜,这样他就不能看书了!
I break his glasses so he can't read the books!
然后白天,我会把他放在旋转木马上。
Then during the days, I'll put him on the merry-go-round.
晚上,这位小哥可以给他点霓虹灯。
And of an evening, cheri here can give him the neon treatment.
也就是说,除非那匹灰色的老母马已经大不如前了!
That is, unless the old gray mare ain't what she used to be!
Potts !
Potts!
你应该玩《飘》。
You should play gone with the wind.
但你应该永远离开!
But for good you should be gone!
把裂缝留给你的照片吧。
Ah, save them cracks for your pictures.
所以你看,拿骚先生,等我把他倒回炉栅时,他已经…等一下,potts。
So you see, Mr. Nassau, by the time I pour him back in the grate, he's so... Just a minute, potts.
你知道你在跟谁打交道吗?
Do you know who you're dealing with?
多德是过去十年来华尔街培养出来的最聪明的金融头脑。为什么,他是……嘿,第三场比赛开始了!
Dodd is the most brilliant financial brain that has been developed in wall street for the past ten years. Why, he's... Hey, the third race is on!
现在他们到了最后关头。
And here they come down the stretch.
天啊,多么激烈的比赛。波波把引线剪短了一半,伙计们,就这样了,几乎是一幅摄影作品。
Boy, what a race. Pom-pom's cut the lead down to half a length and, there it is folks, almost a photographic finish.
埃塞尔夫人是冠军,球球第二,巫术第三。
Lady Ethel the winner, pom-pom second, and witchcraft third.
现在,等一下……这就是重点,波茨。你们两个可以听听。
Now, in just a moment... And this is the point, potts. And you two might listen.
我尽量简单地说。
I'll tell it as simply as I can.
谁知道呢,你可能会得到它。
Who knows, you might get it.
我们想尽快达成一笔交易。
We're trying to put over a pretty fast deal.
可以想象,你的胡言乱语可能会让他在短时间内发呆。
It's conceivable that the sheer novelty of your drivel may daze him, for a short time.
他可能会烦死他。
He might bore him to death.
是啊,但你的工作更难。
Yeah, but your job is tougher.
多德不喝酒,不抽烟,也不跟女孩约会。
Dodd doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't go out with girls.
他们不用担心西尔玛。
Ah, they don't have to worry Thelma none.
即使没有眼镜,多德也能看出她并不天真。
Even without his specs, dodd can figure she ain't no ingenue.
这一切都让我恶心。
Oh, the whole setup makes me sick.
你演得和演得一样糟。
You're as bad an actress off as you're on.
你知道这笔交易对我们都很重要。
You know this deal means a great deal to both of us.
现在我有我的,你有你的。
Now I get mine the day colossal closes, and you get yours.
和电影公♥司♥签了五年的合同。
A five-year contract with the studio that absorbs colossal.
对于一个已经被降级两年的明星来说,这已经不错了。
That isn't bad for a star that's been on a downgrade for two years.
她会照我说的去做。
She will do as I should say so.
噢,精通的类型,是吧?
Oh, the masterful type, huh?
Quintain先生在外面,Nassau先生。
Mr. Quintain is outside, Mr. Nassau.
我不在家。
I'm not in.
他知道cheri小姐和Koslofski先生在这里。
He knows that miss cheri and Mr. Koslofski are here.
唉,唉,我不在这儿。
Well, well, I ain't here.
现在听着,你们两个,集中精神。
Now listen, both of you, and concentrate hard.
Quintain比我们都更了解电影业。
Quintain knows more about the picture business than any of us.
到目前为止我们骗过了他因为这不是拍电影的事。
We've fooled him so far because this is not picture business.
劫持。
It's hijacking.
啊,天才的巨大。
Ah, the genius of colossal.
- Quintain,很高兴见到你。-你是个骗子。
- Quintain, glad to see 'ya. - You're a liar.
-干得好,姑娘。-为什么,道格…听着,你有一幅画要完成,或者你忘记了。
- Nice going, girly. - Why, Doug... Listen, you've got a picture to finish, or maybe it slipped your mind.
我不能拍没有结局的电影。
I cannot shoot without an ending.
别跟我胡扯。
Oh, don't give me that.
从一开始,这幅画就有鲱鱼的味道。
From the start, this picture smelled from herring.
首先是作家,几十个作家。
First it was writers, dozens of 'em.
然后是你的摄影师。你和一个从1♥8♥9♥8年就开始给你拍照的人拍了五个星期。
Then your cameraman. You shoot five weeks with a guy that's been photographing you since 1♥8♥9♥8.
就因为他不能把青春的灵丹妙药从他的镜头里喷出来,你就重新找了一个男孩。
And just because he can't squirt elixir of youth out of his lens, you start from scratch with a new boy.
-哦,道格,你知道…-我知道你在这张照片上偷了一百万。
- Oh, Doug, you know... - I know you've stole a million bucks extra load on the picture.
自然,纽约人都渴望知道发生了什么事。
Naturally, New York's got a yearn to know what's the matter.
听好了,我可不想因此挨巴掌。
Well, get this: I'm not taking the slap for it.
你是制片人,对吧?
电影精选列表