[汽车喇叭声和尖锐的轮胎声]
[HORNS HONKING AND TIRES SCREECHING]
[轮胎的尖叫声和喇叭声]
[TIRES SCREECHES AND HORN HONKING]
去你的!-让开!
SHAFT: Up yours! -Get out of the way!
不错的时间片,兄弟?
Fine time piece, brother?
再见。
Goodbye.
嘿,怎么了,马蒂?
Hey, what's happening, Marty?
还是老样子。
Same old sixes and sevens, Shaft.
十分钟前有两个人在找你。
[STUTTERING] Two guys were looking for you like 10 minutes ago.
哈莱姆猫?
Harlem cats?
我怎么知道? 我看每个人都差不多。
How the hell should I know? Everybody looks the same to me.
别激动,马蒂。
Take it easy, Marty.
保重,沙夫特。
Take care, Shaft.
谢谢,兄弟。
Thanks, brother.
今天早上糖太多了,库尔。
Too much sugar this morning, Cul.
那就别喝,宝贝。
Then don't drink it, baby.
有几个从上城区来的家伙在找你。
A couple of dudes from uptown looking for you.
认识他们吗?
Know them?
不是名字。
Not by name.
在住♥宅♥区见过他们,我开门的时候他们来过这里。
Seen them around uptown. Come in here when I was opening up.
问他们在哪里可以找到你。
Asked where they could find you.
他们长什么样?
What did they look like?
一个穿着时髦的格子大衣,另一个很锋利。
One was wearing a funky plaid coat, other one was sharp.
50美元的鞋子,黑色的外套,灰色的喇叭。
Fifty-dollar shoes, black coat, gray flares.
- 就这些?-他们被盯上了。
-Is that all? -They had heat on them.
穿格子大衣的那个人把手放在上衣口袋里。
The one in the plaid coat had his hands in his coat pocket.
把他的外套拉紧了,你明白吗?
Pulled his coat tight, you dig?
他的腰带里有一些沉重的铁。
Had some heavy iron in his belt.
你知道你左脚的鞋尖有磨损吗?
You know you got a scuff on the toe of this left shoe?
维克: 现在几点了,汤姆?
VIC: What time you got, Tom?
汤姆: 8:16。
TOM: 8:16.
嘿,把车停在擦鞋店前面。他经常在那儿晃悠。
Hey, pull over in front of that shoe-shine parlor. He usually hangs out there.
汤姆: 好。
TOM: Okay.
- 要我进去吗?-不用我们等着。
-You want me to go in? -No. We'll wait.
给自己找个好点子,你可以出去做点什么,伙计。
Got yourself a nice shine. You can go out and make something of yourself, man.
出去像你一样变得富有和肥胖? 我们是直的,宝贝。
Go out and get rich and fat like you? We're straight, baby.
有时间吗,Shaft?
Got a minute, Shaft?
不要再寄脏明信片了,维克,别烦我了,好吗?
Got no use for no dirty postcards, Vic. Get off my back, huh?
我只是想和你谈谈。
I just wanna talk to you.
打电♥话♥给我,你知道我的号♥码。
Call me up. You know my number.
来吧,我请你喝杯咖啡,去公园坐一会儿?
Come on, I'll buy you a cup of coffee, huh? Go sit in the park a minute?
当然不是,告诉我你现在要说什么。
Hell, no. Just tell me what you gotta say right here.
汤姆,去给我们拿两根雪茄。你抽什么烟,沙夫特?
Tom, go get us a couple of cigars. What kind do you smoke, Shaft?
有话就直说吧,维克。
Just say what you've gotta say, Vic.
给我们来两杯 El Garcias,好吗,Tom?
Get us a couple of El Garcias, huh, Tom?
我要迟到了。
Look, I'm late.
你想把什么压在我身上?
What you trying to lay on me, huh?
只有爱,沙夫特,只有爱和同情。
Just love, Shaft. Nothing but love and sympathy.
那我们扯平了,继续,继续。
Then we're even. Go on, get on with it.
我想你可能知道一些我想知道的事。
I thought you might know something I wanna know.
看起来住♥宅♥区有很多低沉的隆隆声。
Seems there's been a lot of low, quiet rumbles going on uptown.
我们的人能够听到它的声音,但听不到语言。
Our people have been able to pick up the sounds of it, but not words.
那是因为我们黑人说话口齿不清,中尉。
That's because us black folk talk mush mouth, lieutenant.
我还以为我们要开始了呢。
I thought we were gonna get to it.
是的,但是你想让我说出来,我只是说: “去你的,宝贝。”
We did. But you want me to pigeon. I just said, "Up yours, baby."
今天早上怎么会有两只从哈莱姆来的猫..。
How come a couple of cats from Harlem come downtown this morning...
... 在找约翰・沙夫特?
...looking for John Shaft?
他们是心心相印的兄弟他们下来是为了让我教他们握手。
Well, they're soul brothers. They came down so I could teach them the handshake.
- 他们找到你了?-当然我没躲。
-They find you? -Of course, I wasn't hiding.
- 如果你发现什么给我打电♥话♥-我还在第38分局。
If you find out anything, give me a call. I'm still at the 38th Precinct.
好极了。
Right on.
嘿,你到底要去哪里,沙夫特?
Hey, where the hell you going, Shaft?
去做♥爱♥,你要去哪里?
To get laid. Where the hell you going?
那个男孩子嘴巴很大。
That boy has got a lot of mouth on him.
这个男孩也是个男子汉,足以支持他的决定。
The boy is man enough to back it up too.
他跟你说了什么?
What did he tell you?
没什么。
Nothing.
我得靠这个了。
Gotta lean on that kind.
你不能依赖那种人。
You don't lean on that kind.
给我一包口香糖。
Give me a package of gum.
你要是敢出声,我就砍了你,退后。
Make a noise and I'll cut you. Back up.
吉姆: 出什么事了,沙夫特先生? 沙夫特: 我这位朋友病了。
JIM: Something wrong, Mr. Shaft? SHAFT: Sick friend here.
吉姆,你能给我们弄辆车来吗?
Jim, can you get us a car up?
我来拿吧。
I'll take that.
冷静点,伙计。
Now, be cool, man.
你的搭档呢?
Where is your partner?
把门打开。
SHAFT: Open the door.
[尖叫]
[SCREAMING]
[人们尖叫]
[PEOPLE SCREAMING]
现在,你有半分钟的时间告诉我你到底想从我这里得到什么。
Now, you've got about a half a minute to tell me what the hell you want with me.
警♥察♥会过来问你为什么把那个混♥蛋♥扔出窗外。
The police will be up here asking why you threw that son of a bitch out the window.
他们可以找到你,不管你是死是活,你♥他♥妈♥的有什么故事?
They can find you dead or alive. Now, what's your goddamn story?
邦比。
Bumpy...
- 跛豪让我们把你带到住♥宅♥区-他有没有让你把我弄得一团糟?
-Bumpy sent us to bring you uptown. -Did he tell you to mess me up?
他说我要带你去。
He said I was to bring you.
这说不通啊。
It doesn't make sense.
你到了办公室,你有一个生病的朋友陪着你。
You arrive at your office. You have a sick friend with you.
突然,另一个你不认识的人冲了上来,打斗开始了。
Suddenly, another man you don't know rushes up and a fight starts.
你那生病的朋友从窗户爬出去了,为什么,沙夫特先生?
Your sick friend goes out the window. Why, Mr. Shaft?
问问那个挑起争端的人,雷波维茨先生。
Ask the man who started the fight, Mr. Leibowitz.
你的朋友你知道他的唯一名字就是“ Tex”?
Your friend, the only name you know him by is "Tex"?
- 没有姓?-没错。
-No last name? -That's right.
我不相信,Shaft。
I don't buy that, Shaft.
我觉得你知道的比你说出来的要多,比如为什么会打起来。
I think you know more than you're letting on. Why the fight started, for instance.
你的想法和你能证明的是两个不同的袋子。
What you think and what you can prove are two different bags.
你所有的朋友口袋里都有这样的武器?
All your friends walk around with weapons like that in their pockets?
那要看情况了。
That depends.
我的黑人朋友不再用兔子的脚走路了。
My Negro friends don't walk around with rabbits' feet no more.
别跟我耍小聪明,我有一条简单的路可走。
Don't get wise with me. There's a simple way for me to go.
- 我要把你的屁♥股♥放进去-我要告你的屁♥股♥非法逮捕。
-I'll put your goddamn ass in. -I'll sue your goddamn ass for false arrest.
你以为我会相信那个人像你说的那样跳出窗外吗?
Do you expect me to believe that man went out the window the way you said?
- 我看起来像傻瓜吗?-别问我也不会告诉你。
-What do I look like? Some kind of klutz? -Don't ask, and I won't tell you.
拜伦: 你有市政♥府♥和州政♥府♥的执照。
BYRON: You're licensed by the city and the state.
在涉及重罪案件的情况下,任何有执照的人都不能自作聪明。
Nobody who's licensed can afford to be a wise-ass where a felony case is involved.
你是说我可能会被吊销执照吗?
Are you suggesting I could lose my license?
你说得对,你最好相信我,跟我说实话。
You're damn right I am. You better believe it and level with me.
威胁我的生计是对我权利的侵犯,对吧,维克?
Threatening my livelihood is a violation of my rights, isn't it, Vic?
拜伦。
Byron...
为什么不让我和他单独谈谈呢?
Why don't you let me have a talk with him in private?
你要审问一个袭击者。
You got an assailant to interview.
开始吧,我们谈完后我就过去。
Start that and I'll join you after we talk.
我想你也在骗我,维克,这东西太臭了。
I think you're are BS'ing me too, Vic. This thing stinks.
也许他不喜欢你教他的握手方式,对吧,约翰?
Maybe he didn't like the handshake you taught him, huh, John?
你知道,你可以让你的臀部在这个混乱的绷带?
You know, you can get your rump in a sling for this mess?
- 静电干扰太多了-你会救我的 Vic。
-Static. A lot of hassle. -You'll save me, Vic.
我可以试试。
Well, I can try.
如果?
If?
一只手洗另一只手,约翰。
One hand washes the other, John.
这个世界上所有的噪音和争吵不会让我对警♥察♥唱一首歌♥,维克。
All the static and hassle in the world wouldn't make me sing a song to the police, Vic.
没门,宝贝。
No way, baby.
你扔出窗外的那只猫是跛豪 · 乔纳斯的走狗,你知道的。
That cat you threw out the window was a flunky for Bumpy Jonas. You know that.
我没有把猫扔出窗外,中尉。
I didn't throw no cat out no window, lieutenant.
邦比不会喜欢的。
Bumpy isn't gonna like it.
我才不管他喜欢什么,你干嘛给我打气?
I don't give a damn what he likes. What the hell are you pumping me for?
两周前,我们开始听到隆隆声。
Two weeks ago we started picking up rumbles.
- 你已经说过了-我们知道不是黑豹党。
-You already said that. -We know it's not the Panthers.
或者是年轻的领主们,但是有些事情正在酝酿中,约翰。
Or the Young Lords. But something is on the boil, John.
我只是想知道这是什么..。
I just wanna know what it is...
在我们需要一台加法机开始数尸体之前。
...before we need an adding machine to start counting up the bodies.
跛豪有事找你。
Bumpy wants you for something.
他知道发生了什么这也是我想知道的。
He knows what's going on. And that's what I wanna know.