一个好士兵就应如此
a good soldier ought to be.
不久前 我根本无法做到
You know, not that long ago, I couldn't do that.
在不咳血的情况下 深呼一口气
Could barely take a breath without coughing up blood.
我得了肺结核
Tuberculosis.
它伴随着
That, along with...
剧烈的头痛
fierce headaches...
消沉
depression...
自杀倾向
suicidal ambition.
我几乎不成人样
I was in pretty horrible shape.
事实上
In fact...
我是准备去疗养院慢慢康复
I was on my way to a sanatorium to convalesce...
就像是去等死一样
more likely to die...
在路上 一个印第安人向导告诉我一个可怕的故事
when en route, this lndian scout told me a curious story.
一个人吃另外一个人的肉
A man eats the flesh of another...
他就会偷走他的力量
he steals his strength.
他能吸收这个人的精神
He absorbs the other man's spirit.
恩
Well...
我必须要试试
I just had to try.
因此 我吃掉了那个向导
Consequently, I ate the scout first...
你知道 他说的非常正确
and, you know, he was absolutely right.
我变得有力气了
I grew...stronger.
不久
Later, through circumstance...
这里的一个马车队就消失在了洛基山脉中
my wagon train grew lost in the Rockies.
我以前听过这个印第安的传言
I've heard this story before.
我三个月吃掉了五个人
I ate five men in three months.
我的肺病呢
Tuberculosis?
没有了
Vanished...
和我的消极悲观一起 全都消失了
as did the black thoughts.
那年春天 当我到达丹佛的时候 我感到很高兴
I reached Denver that spring feeling...happy.
健康
And healthy.
而且精力充沛
And virile.
你把她也吃了
Did you eat her, too?
呃 事实上是这样
Well, as a matter of fact...
你真让人作呕
You're disgusting.
我在那里呆了一年后
Here I am, one year later...
感觉前所未有的有活力
feeling more alive than ever before.
那也是你让我惊奇的地方 鲍耶
And that's what surprises me about you, Boyd.
你尝过
You've tasted it...
感受过它的能量
felt its power.
但是 你还在抵♥制♥它
Yet, you're resisting.
为什么
Why?
因为这么做是错的
Because it's wrong.
啊 道德观是
Ah! Morality...
是一个懦夫的
the last bastion...
最后的防线
of a coward.
哦 对不起
Well, I'm sorry.
对不起 我冒犯过你嘛
I'm sorry. Did I offend you?
想起什么了吗
You remember this?
闻到了吗
You smell it?
这种味道能让你恢复你的记忆 不是吗
Scent always jogs the memory, don't you think?
让你想起它的力量
You remember the energy...
你血液中流动的那种力量
the potency of someone else coursing through your veins...
能带给你勇气的力量
someone brave.
当它消失的时候 你会感到气馁
You know the disappointment as it dissipates...
这种力量 从你的手边滑过
the strength... slipping from your grasp...
要想更强大 就需要去杀戮
the growing, killing need to replenish.
但是我根本不必提醒你这些
But I don't have to remind you of that.
你现在已经感觉到了
You're feeling it right now.
我要杀了你
I am going to kill you.
他死 你也死
He die, you die.
这到底怎么了
What in heck is going on out here?
我正要去厕所 鲍耶突然袭击我
I was on my way to the latrine. Boyd attacked me.
他撒谎
He's a liar!
他撒谎
He's lying!
鲍耶 你现在被逮捕了
Boyd, I'm putting you under arrest.
玛萨 去叫醒克利夫 把他关起来
Martha, go wake up Cleaves. Put Boyd under arrest.
克利夫
Cleaves?
克利夫
Cleaves?
克利夫
Cleaves?
克利夫
Cleaves!
找到克利夫了吗
You find Cleaves?
没有
No.
-去外面找了没有 -没有
-You check around outside? -No.
那就去外面看看啊
Well, check around outside, woman!
克利夫
Cleaves?
克利夫
Cleaves?
克利夫
Cleaves?
噢
Oh...oh!
诺克斯少校
Major Knox!
少校
Major!
M少校
Major!
怎么了
What?
所有的马都死了
All the horses...dead!
-什么 -被杀死了
-What? -Killed!
哦 天啊
Oh, good gracious.
这拳是为克利夫的
That was for Cleaves...
这拳是为我的马
and this is for my horse.
玛萨
Martha...
埃文斯上校和我决定
Colonel lves and l have agreed...
鲍耶应该尽快被押送到军队监狱
Boyd'll be moved to a military prison as soon as possible.
我们中的一个必须徒步去圣米格尔一趟
One of us must travel to San Miguel by foot...
向斯劳瑟将军报告这里的情况
to get General Slauson.
你愿意吗
Volunteers?
一路平安 玛萨
Safe travel to you, Martha.
噢
Oh...
诺克斯
Knox?
诺克斯少校
Major Knox?
诺克斯
Knox!
诺克斯少校
Major Knox!
诺克斯少校
Major Knox!
诺克斯少校
Knox!
说话 我想知道你是否还活着
Talk to me. I'd like to know you're still alive.
鲍耶 安静点
Be quiet, Boyd.
天啊
Good gracious.
埃文斯上校
Colonel lves.
我的剑呢
My sword is missing.
少校 怎么了
I'm sorry, Major?
我的剑 放在客厅火炉上面的
My sword...in the parlor, above the fire.
我没见到过
I haven't seen it.
你在做什么
What are you cooking?
这是 呃 炖肉
It's, uh...stew.
需要帮忙吗
You need any help?
不 不 尽管
No, no, though...
也许不久 你就会
perhaps later, you might...
作一下贡献
contribute.
我明白了
You let me know.
埃文斯
lves.
埃文斯
Ives!
啊 什么事情 队长
Yes...Captain?
那些事情 你什么时候做的 埃文斯
When did you do it, lves?
做什么事情啊 队长
Do what, Captain?
杀了克利夫和那些马
Kill Cleaves and the horses.
那段时间 我一直都在你身边啊
I was watching you the whole time.
你不要提克利夫和那些马 鲍耶
You be quiet about Cleaves and the horses, Boyd!
你听到了吗
You hear me?
否则我把你关到外面去
Or I will put you out again.
哦 那个门怎么开了
Well, how'd that door come open?
恩 好了
That'll do it.
天啊
Good gracious.
诺克斯
Knox?