that people would be queuing up for miles to see it.
鲨鱼眼中
手无寸铁的猎物
观影队伍相当于十二个人
FEMALE VOICE: The line is about 12 people
鲨鱼眼中
手无寸铁的猎物
鲨鱼眼中
手无寸铁的猎物
-并排站满整个街区 -是的
-abreast around the block. -MALE VOICE: Yeah.
-太好了 真的 -是啊
-Wonderful. Just wonderful. -FEMALE VOICE: Yeah.
有请罗恩和瓦莱丽·泰勒
Ron and Valerie Taylor! Yeah!
片子的反响很好
VALERIE: It was very well done.
我们从没想过电影会这么火
And we never expected this to happen, the reaction.
我们原以为 这就是部好莱坞三流B级片
RODNEY: We thought it would just be a third-rate Hollywood B-grade movie
根本无人问津
that hardly anybody would ever see.
这部电影已经刷新了历史票房♥纪录
MALE REPORTER 5: It has already made more money than any motion picture in history.
比《教父》更 赚 钱
比《驱魔人》更恐怖
这部电影已经刷新了历史票房♥纪录
MALE REPORTER 5: It has already made more money than any motion picture in history.
比《教父》更 赚 钱
比《驱魔人》更恐怖
我和其他人一样从座位上跳起来
And, of course, I jumped out of my seat just like everyone else,
因为整个影厅里的人 都被吓得魂飞魄散
'cause the whole theater explodes with terror.
甚至有人在靠近水域时 会出现看到鲨鱼的幻觉
MALE REPORTER 5: And some people are now seeing phantom sharks every time they go near the water.
人们总会来救生塔问我们 “那是鲨鱼吗”之类的问题
People always come up to us and ask us on the tower,
我可不想英年早逝
-"Is that Jaws?" Or whatever. -I'm too young to die.
远离海域
我记不清有多少人说过
CARL: I can't tell you how many people said,
远离海域
远离海域
“你去海里潜水吗 那里到处都是鲨鱼”
"You go diving in the ocean? It's full of sharks!"
卡尔·罗斯勒
潜水之旅先驱
“你去海里潜水吗 那里到处都是鲨鱼”
"You go diving in the ocean? It's full of sharks!"
卡尔·罗斯勒
潜水之旅先驱
让·米歇尔·库斯托
潜水员 雅克之子
看完《大白鲨》后我惶恐不安
When I saw Jaws, I was very devastated because I said,
让·米歇尔·库斯托
潜水员 雅克之子
让·米歇尔·库斯托
潜水员 雅克之子
因为没有人会想到海里去了
"Nobody's gonna want to go in the ocean."
让·米歇尔·库斯托
潜水员 雅克之子
因为没有人会想到海里去了
"Nobody's gonna want to go in the ocean."
《大白鲨》只是虚构的故事
VALERIE: Jaws is a fictitious story.
这不仅超乎我和罗恩的想象 连环球影业
And it not only astounded Ron and I, but it astounded Universal,
理查德·扎努克和大卫·布朗也没想到 公众会信以为真
and Richard Zanuck, and David Brown. But the public believed it.
是鲨鱼
Shark!
我们很诧异 人们在纽约漫步时不会担心金刚出现
VALERIE: We were amazed. You don't walk around New York worrying about King Kong.
这一定是一种本能的恐惧 害怕自己被生吞活剥
It must be an instinctive subconscious fear of being eaten alive.
笑一个 你这个…
Smile, you son of a...
但《大白鲨》让历史开了倒车
VALERIE: But Jaws did... It did set things back.
我最后悔的是 让人们到处捕杀鲨鱼
The thing that I regret is that people went out and killed sharks everywhere.
港 口 挤 满 观 看
鲨鱼猎杀比赛的船只
我最后悔的是 让人们到处捕杀鲨鱼
The thing that I regret is that people went out and killed sharks everywhere.
港 口 挤 满 观 看
鲨鱼猎杀比赛的船只
这让我们惴惴不安
We became very upset by this.
杀人狂魔来了 吸金百万的电影
MALE VOICE: Wow! What a ripper! Million-dollar film!
澳大利亚著名电影摄影师兼潜水员 瓦莱丽和罗恩·泰勒
PETER: Valerie and Ron Taylor, the great Australian cinematographers
打电♥话♥跟我说 “人们在参加屠宰鲨鱼的活动”
and divers, called me and said, "People are going out on these slaughter trips
“就为了证明自己是男子汉”
"to prove some sort of macho nonsense about themselves.
彼得·本奇利
《大白鲨》作者
“就为了证明自己是男子汉”
"to prove some sort of macho nonsense about themselves.
彼得·本奇利
《大白鲨》作者
“鲨鱼被大量捕杀 我们担心”
"And sharks are being killed left and right, and we are worried
彼得·本奇利
《大白鲨》作者
“鲨鱼被大量捕杀 我们担心”
"And sharks are being killed left and right, and we are worried
“有些物种可能会濒临灭绝”
"that there may be actually an endangerment of some of the species."
彼得·本奇利说 要是知道会有这样的后果
VALERIE: Peter Benchley said he'd have never written the book
他绝对不会写这本书
if he had known what the aftermath would have been.
看过《大白鲨》的人们 都对鲨鱼有阴影
HOST: People who saw the movie Jaws are afraid of sharks.
我们该害怕它们吗
Have we reason to be afraid of them?
人们应该小心对待它们
You should treat them with caution,
但没必要因噎废食
but you don't go around being afraid of motor cars.
环球公♥司♥带我和罗恩去了美国 我们在全美参加访谈节目
Universal took Ron and I to America, and we toured the States, doing every talk show, telling people
告诉大家 鲨鱼根本不是 《大白鲨》里演的那样
that sharks were not like the shark in Jaws.
但有意思的是 并非所有鲨鱼都那么凶猛
RON: But there's an interesting point that not all sharks are dangerous.
你们说鲨鱼不危险 但你们参与的两部电影
You say that sharks are not dangerous, and yet both of you took part
都刻画了鲨鱼的凶残形象
in two movies that portray sharks as being very dangerous.
你们怎么解释这件事
How do you justify something like that?
我们的确因为宣传 鲨鱼食人的危险形象受到过指责
We have been criticized for promoting sharks as being man-eaters and dangerous.
但《大白鲨》是虚构的 可它过于真实
But Jaws is actually a fictional film, but it's such a realistic film
以至于让人们觉得鲨鱼很危险
that people tend to believe sharks are dangerous.
我觉得人们不该
I don't think that people should stay off the beaches
因为怕被鲨鱼攻击就远离沙滩
because they're afraid of being attacked by a shark.
人们在去海边的路上摔断腿的可能性
They're much more likely to fall over and break a leg on the way to the beach
都比被海里鲨鱼袭击的可能性大得多
than they are of being attacked once they're in the water.
非常感谢罗恩和瓦莱丽·泰勒 广♥告♥之后我们马上回来
Ron, Valerie Taylor, thank you very much. We'll be right back after this message.
把颌骨卸掉 所有牙齿掉出来 你们可以把这些牙齿挂在金项链上
Take the whole jaw out, teeth fall out, you put 'em on a gold chain
然后去看《大白鲨》 你肯定会成为全场的焦点
and then go to the movie and see Jaws, everybody thinks you're the best.
我觉得如果海域中出现鲨鱼 而游泳的人保持冷静
VALERIE: I feel if there's a shark in the area and the swimmer stays relatively calm,
鲨鱼很可能只会盯着他看
there's a very good chance the shark will look at him, say,
对他丧失兴趣就游走了
"Well, I don't want that," and go away.
可如果人们惊慌失措就很可能被咬伤
When they start panicking, there's a very good chance they'll get bitten.
要是被鲨鱼咬了 它会怎么做
HOST: Once a shark bites, what does it do to the rest of you?
大多数鲨鱼都会松口 它们只是用牙齿做试探
Most sharks just let go. They test with their teeth.
这是我们刚从鲨鱼嘴上拔下来的牙齿
FEMALE VOICE: We have the fresh teeth that have been pulled out of a shark recently.
我们店里的鲨鱼牙齿和颌骨 被抢♥购♥一空
MALE VOICE 1: We ran out of shark's teeth, out of shark's jaws.
它就是个杀人机器
MALE VOICE 2: It's just a killing machine.
在后院造游泳池会更危险 你们知道吗
It's more dangerous to have a backyard pool. Did you know that?
真希望我们能有更多库存
MALE VOICE: Just wish we had more of it to sell.
事实上 我觉得它们令人毛骨悚然
FEMALE VOICE: I find them very frightening, as a matter of fact.
人们根本不听我的 坦白说他们完全不在乎
They didn't listen to me. Frankly, they didn't care.
杀戮仍在继续
The killing still went on.
对 很好 就是这样 多好
Yes, what, what? Oh, well, that's it, isn't it?
你呢 你在忙什么呀
What about you? What are you up to?
《大白鲨》让所有鲨鱼臭名昭著
Jaws gave all sharks a bad name.
其实海洋里有超过四百种鲨鱼
You know, there are over 400 species of shark in the ocean.
-过来 -大概有五六种
-Come on. -Maybe five or six
可能对人类存在威胁
are potentially dangerous.
大多数鲨鱼很温顺 比如灰护士鲨
Most sharks are totally harmless, like the grey nurse shark.
这头灰护士鲨看上去凶神恶煞
DOUGLAS: Here you have a grey nurse shark that looks like this fierce animal.
因为它们的牙齿外露
Because their teeth are hanging out of their face,
道格拉斯•塞弗特
潜水杂♥志♥全球编辑
因为它们的牙齿外露
Because their teeth are hanging out of their face,
道格拉斯•塞弗特
潜水杂♥志♥全球编辑
人们见了就想杀掉那头鲨鱼
people think, "We've gotta kill that shark."
道格拉斯•塞弗特
潜水杂♥志♥全球编辑
人们见了就想杀掉那头鲨鱼
people think, "We've gotta kill that shark."
佛罗里达海岸的鲨鱼已经被赶尽杀绝
I mean, they were completely exterminated off the coast of Florida.
澳大利亚也可能会重蹈覆辙
And that same thing could've happened in Australia.
这些鲨鱼被滥捕滥杀 我开始写信
They were being slaughtered. So I started writing letters.
我向政客们求助
And I pleaded with the politicians.
我希望这些灰护士鲨能得到全面保护
And I wanted the grey nurse to be totally protected.
过去渔猎的时候 我杀过一头灰护士鲨
As a spearo, I had killed one grey nurse...
如今我想拯救它们
and now I wanted to save them.
我必须拯救它们
I needed to save them.
我心意已决 绝不会轻易放手
Once I get my teeth stuck into an idea, I don't let go.
不是仅凭拍一部优秀的水下纪录片 表明它没有攻击性
There's nothing like having a good piece of underwater film
像狗一样温顺 事情就解决了
and saying, "See, it's harmless. It's like a dog."
我一直在坚持向有关部门反馈
I kept at them, and at them, and at them.
终于如愿以偿 现在它受到了法律保护
It worked. It's now legally protected.
这是世界上第一种受保护的鲨鱼
You know, it was the first shark in the world to be protected.
瓦莱丽是开山辟路的先驱者
JEREMIAH: Valerie led the way.
如今大量的护鲨工作都源自
A huge piece of what conservation has become today
最初对小型灰护士鲨的保护行动
all began, you know, with those little grey nurse sharks.
瓦莱丽致力于宣传科普 消除误解
CARL: Valerie tried to explain and soften the ignorance
培养一批鲨鱼爱好者
to create an audience of... shark lovers.
有一次他们碰到一头鲨鱼
There was that occasion where they actually had a shark
被一根金属线缠住了 他们解救了它
that was tangled in a wire and they cut it loose.
电影精选列表