一旦被他盯上 你便无处可逃
MALE VOICE 1: If he does come at you, then you simply do not have a chance.
我们面对的是 一台有着完美引擎的食人机器
MALE VOICE 2: What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, an eating machine.
大约三亿五千万年前 这种怪物就开始称霸海洋
MALE VOICE 3: Monsters like these came to dominate the seas, some 350 million years ago.
这种动物独一无二 前所未见
MALE VOICE 4: Never was an animal like that. Never!
这家伙拥有难以置信的力量和攻击性
The power and the aggressiveness of the thing is beyond belief.
古印度人将他的牙齿 视若珍宝 制成箭头
MALE VOICE 5: Ancient Indians prized his teeth for arrowheads.
食人鱼仍然在逃
MALE VOICE 6: Of the man eater that is still at large.
我知道鲨鱼长什么样子 因为我近距离看到过
And I know what a shark looks like because I've seen one up close.
你有任务了 我们这儿有紧急情况
MALE VOICE 7: You got a job. We got a panic on our hands.
鲨鱼永远是赢家
MALE VOICE 8: The shark is always the winner.
睡衣
VALERIE: Pyjamies.
换洗的衣服
Change of shirt.
我准备好去斐济了
And I'm good to go for Fiji.
为了公牛真鲨 我要穿上粉色潜水服
And I'm going to be wearing a pink wetsuit for the bull sharks,
我早期是这么穿的 然后被制止了
and I used to in the early days, and then I was asked
因为这会吸引公牛真鲨的注意
not to wear it anymore because it made me stand out, and the bull sharks noticed.
我以为没关系 但显然不是
Well, I thought that was good, but apparently it's not.
我很期待这次旅行 因为我会见到很多好朋友
I'm looking forward to it because I'll be seeing a lot of good friends.
我已经一年多没见到他们了
I haven't seen them for more than a year.
通常从水里出来 我都会高兴得手舞足蹈
I usually get out of the water screaming my head off with joy,
喊着 “真好 我喜欢” 我的确很喜欢潜水
jumping around, "I love it. I love it." And I do, I love it.
或许有点滑稽 不过是真心话
And maybe... maybe I'm a bit funny... Actually, but I do,
我很喜欢潜到水里去
I just love going down there.
我喜欢和公牛真鲨 这个庞然大物面对面
I love seeing that big bull shark, here. Going, "Ha!"
捕鱼达人 你成功了吗
MALE TV HOST: Now the spearfishing, were you successful?
我目前如鱼得水 可以说是女中豪杰了
VALERIE: Well, I was pretty good at it. I was about as good as a girl can get.
有一天 我在水里
One day I was down there,
一头鲨鱼游过来 把我们吓出水面
a shark came along and frightened us out of the water.
真是惊心动魄
It's quite exciting.
它们没有手
VALERIE: They don't have hands.
它们用鼻子去感知事物 极偶尔也用牙齿
They feel with their nose or in very few cases, they feel with their teeth.
瓦莱丽的下巴底下有个小肿块 她说那是鲨鱼的牙印
MALE VOICE: Val has a little bump on the bottom of her chin. She said it's a shark's tooth.
我当时感觉到牙戳进去了 真的很痛
I can feel it in there. It's very painful.
瓦莱丽 感谢你的参与
MALE TV HOST: Valerie, thanks for coming in.
这么多年来 你一直跟我们说 鲨鱼是很友好的动物
You've been telling us for so many years that sharks are really nice fellows.
我一直坚信这个观点
Well, I haven't changed my opinion.
与鲨
共 舞
你将鲨鱼和狗相提并论 你真的这么想吗
FEMALE VOICE: Are you serious when you compare sharks to dogs?
是的 鲨鱼和所有动物一样
VALERIE: Yes, because it's like any animal.
一旦去探索 去了解它
Once you get to know it and understand it,
就会有截然不同的观念
you have a different attitude towards it altogether.
狗的种类繁多 鲨鱼也一样
And there are all sorts of dogs. And there are all sorts of sharks.
潜水员
请谨慎操作
烈性犬对人类造成的伤亡程度
And the dangerous dogs probably bite more people, and kill more people
潜水员
请谨慎操作
烈性犬对人类造成的伤亡程度
And the dangerous dogs probably bite more people, and kill more people
注意
当心螺旋桨
烈性犬对人类造成的伤亡程度
And the dangerous dogs probably bite more people, and kill more people
注意
当心螺旋桨
可能远远超过 最危险的鲨鱼造成的伤害
than the dangerous sharks in the world.
注意
当心螺旋桨
注意
当心螺旋桨
我们对海洋里的生物知之甚少
JEAN-MICHEL: We know so very little about what's in the ocean.
而瓦莱丽是先行者之一
And Valerie was one of the pioneers.
如今显而易见 她因鲨鱼而闻名
Now, of course, her name was connected to sharks, sharks, sharks.
让·米歇尔·库斯托
潜水员 雅克之子
如今显而易见 她因鲨鱼而闻名
Now, of course, her name was connected to sharks, sharks, sharks.
让·米歇尔·库斯托
潜水员 雅克之子
但她也做过很多别的事情
But she was doing many other things.
让·米歇尔·库斯托
潜水员 雅克之子
但她也做过很多别的事情
But she was doing many other things.
我们大多数人都很害怕
JEREMIAH: Most of us were afraid of...
也不是说害怕 但当我们看到周围有一群鲨鱼时
Well, not afraid, but we were always cautious and concerned
我们总会小心翼翼 谨慎行事
when we saw a bunch of sharks around.
耶利米·沙利文
海洋生物学家
我们总会小心翼翼 谨慎行事
when we saw a bunch of sharks around.
耶利米·沙利文
海洋生物学家
瓦莱丽是个例外 她会觉得这是一段愉快的时光
With the exception of Valerie, who thought that was going to be a good time.
耶利米·沙利文
海洋生物学家
瓦莱丽是个例外 她会觉得这是一段愉快的时光
With the exception of Valerie, who thought that was going to be a good time.
人们对鲨鱼提出很多大胆的推论
People were making a lot of bold claims about sharks and so on,
说它们有多危险
and how dangerous they were.
瓦莱丽是我认识的人当中 唯一在当时就有这种想法的人
Valerie was the only one that I had met... (CHUCKLES) ...at that stage that felt
她觉得鲨鱼没有那么可怕 人类可以和它们一起玩耍
they weren't that dangerous, and you could actually play around with them.
她很早就提出了这种观点
Long before anybody else.
我第一次接触水下的世界
VALERIE: The first time I ever could see underwater,
是十四岁的时候
I was 14 years old...
我看到了一片巨藻
and I saw a piece of kelp.
我觉得这一切太神奇了
I thought it was amazing.
它就在水中摇曳着
It was going to and fro and to and fro.
我决心深入去探索
And I knew I had to see more.
我会潜入水中
I would slide into the water...
从我们熟知的世界
from the world we all know...
进入另一个世界
into another world.
一个截然不同的陌生世界
A different world, alien.
我不属于那个世界 我只是那里的过客
I was not part of that world, I was just a visitor.
我想一切都是从那时开始的
And I think that was the start.
我父亲有胃溃疡 他发现吃鱼容易消化
My father had stomach ulcers, and he found it very easy to eat fish.
小孩总会想让父母高兴 于是我开始用鱼叉叉鱼
And you want to please your parents and I used to go out and spear him fish.
我抓鱼很有一手
And I was very good at it.
在五十年代 海洋生物繁多 我学会了捕鱼
Back in the '50s, there was so much marine life, you learnt how to hunt.
怎么憋气去抓鱼
How to stalk a fish while holding your breath.
我第一次遇到鲨鱼 是一头灰护士鲨
The first shark I saw... was a grey nurse.
我当时手足无措 以为随时会被袭击
I was just terrified, expecting to be attacked at any minute.
我们安然无恙地回来了 我只知道它们是食人鱼
We got out and we were all right. I just knew that they were killers.
在英国 打乱度假计划的主要是天气 而在澳大利亚 则是鲨鱼
MALE REPORTER 1: The main holiday hazard in Britain is the weather, but in Australia, it's sharks.
没有人想被怪物袭击
WENDY: No one wants to be bitten by a monster.
回想五六十年代 当时的说法是
When you think back to the '50s and '60s, the saying was,
“活着的鲨鱼都不是好东西”
"Good shark is a dead shark."
温迪·本奇利
护鲨行动野生救援组织主席
“活着的鲨鱼都不是好东西”
"Good shark is a dead shark."
温迪·本奇利
护鲨行动野生救援组织主席
当时的情况就是这样
That was it.
温迪·本奇利
护鲨行动野生救援组织主席
当时的情况就是这样
That was it.
在港口外专业渔民每天都能捕获鲨鱼
MALE REPORTER 2: Outside the harbor, sharks are caught every day by big game fishermen.
在那个年代 我们还不具备现在这些知识
JEREMIAH: In those days, we didn't have the information that we have today.
大自然被认为是可怕的 邪恶的空间
Nature was considered a dark, evil, you know, space,
反正人们只看到黑暗的一面
something to do with the dark side.
渔猎的过程紧张刺♥激♥ 但前进的每一步都是一次探险
VALERIE: Spearfishing was nerve-racking, but every single step
朝着未知迈出勇敢的一步
of the way was an adventure, a step into the unknown.
每进行一次 都会有新的认知
And every time you did it, you came out with a little more knowledge.
我了解了我的猎物
I understood my prey.
1958年
我终于加入了一个俱乐部 这让我很兴奋
I eventually joined a club. It was very exciting.
悉尼有几十家这样的俱乐部
There were dozens of clubs through Sydney.
渔猎是一项以男性为主导的运动
Spearfishing was very much a macho man's sport.
第一次举办女性渔猎比赛时 只有七名女性参加
When they had the first lady spearfishing championships, there were seven women.
而男性有七百人左右 占绝大多数
There was about 700 men. There were just so many men.
收获真不少
MALE VOICE: (CHUCKLES) There we go.
在五十年代 潜水完全属于男性文化
WENDY: In the '50s, diving was a completely male culture.
我问过瓦莱丽作为一名女性
I've talked with Valerie, about what it was like
身处♥男♥性主导的文化中有什么感想
to be a woman in this male-dominated culture.
正因为这样 她必须更坚强 更敏捷
Because it was that way, she had to be stronger and sharper,
比所有人做得好才有立足之地
better than everybody, to make it.
她很有杀伤力 称得上是那个时代的“女杀手”
JEREMIAH: She was quite lethal. She would've been the lady slayer back then.
有趣的是大多数了不起的 环保人士和保护主义者
JEREMIAH: And interestingly, most of the great environmentalists and conservationists,
都是从狩猎开始的
they all started with hunting.
因为他们是 去探索这些生物的唯一群体
Because they were the only ones who were out, involved in these things.
瓦莱丽负责男孩们的安全
MALE REPORTER 3: Valerie is responsible for the boy's safety.
她将演示如何对付可怕的鲨鱼
电影精选列表