She will demonstrate how to deal with dangerous sharks.
这头危险的鲨鱼 是迄今为止这个世界上
This dangerous shark is the largest ever killed
被女性裸潜者捕杀的最大的鲨鱼
by a lady skin diver anywhere in the world.
我只杀过一头鲨鱼
VALERIE: I've only ever killed one shark.
我很后悔 但在当时 没有人会觉得这是一件坏事
I wish I hadn't. But at the time, there was no one to say, "This is a bad thing."
只会说 “这太棒了”
Only say, "Oh, very good."
我捕杀过很多鱼
Killed a lot of fish.
当时的看法是 海洋里的生物应有尽有
The attitude was there was so much life in the ocean.
人们可以尽情索取 不会有任何影响
You could take what you wanted, and never make a difference.
像瓦莱丽·海斯这样的女孩知道 一旦准备好潜入水中
MALE REPORTER: A girl like Valerie Heighes knows that once she gets ready to dive,
她必须做好准备保护自己
she must also be ready to defend herself from the dangers
应对水下无处不在的危险
that are always there below the surface.
我想 天底下的母亲 都希望自己的女儿结婚生子
VALERIE: I think all mothers wanted their daughters to get married and have children.
我不是不想要孩子 只是我想做其他有意义的事情
It's not that I didn't want children. I wanted to do other things.
我想拥有自己独特的人生
I wanted to have my own special life.
我十二岁的时候 被诊断出患有脊髓灰质炎
VALERIE: Well, when I was 12, I was diagnosed with polio,
也就是小儿麻痹症
infantile paralysis.
他们告诉我 在我能走路之前 我不能回家
VALERIE: They told me until I could walk I could not go home.
我恨透了待在那里
I hated it in there.
我家人开始给我寄书 一些经典的著作
They started sending me books. They sent me the great classics,
《洛娜·杜恩》《金银岛》 《汤姆·索亚历险记》 和《哈克贝利·费恩历险记》
Lorna Doone, Treasure Island, Tom Sawyer, and Huckleberry Finn.
我对这些书爱不释手 反复看了很多遍
I just loved those books, I read them over and over.
《哈克贝利·费恩历险记》我看了 很多遍 这是种精神上的冒险体验
I read Huckleberry Finn so many times. It took me on a mental adventure.
我下定决心 我必须回家
I'd made up my mind I was going home.
我每天都拼尽了全力
I struggled and struggled every day.
九周后 我走了出去 我妈妈来接的我
And in nine weeks... I walked out and my mother came and got me.
他们说我做不到的事情 我做到了
They said I couldn't and I did it.
我很庆幸没有因此终生瘫痪
VALERIE: I'm grateful that it didn't paralyze me for life.
阅读那些书让我领会到 在这个星球上 一切皆有可能
I'd read those books and it made me see of all the possibilities in the planet.
我不知道该怎么去实现 但我知道这些可能性一定存在
I didn't know how to achieve any of them, but I knew they existed.
没有人乐意在滚烫的炉子前劳作
MALE REPORTER 4: But no one's anxious to be slaving over a hot stove,
尤其是美人鱼瓦莱丽·海斯
least of all mermaid Valerie Heighes.
想让美人鱼帮忙拍照的家伙们
Anyone who's interested in having their picture taken by a mermaid,
请来排好队
just line up, please.
当瓦莱丽这样的美人 拿着相机潜入水里
When someone like Valerie comes down here with a camera,
我打赌所有帅小伙都愿意为她凹造型
you can bet all the best-looking fellows will offer to pose for her.
俱乐部过去经常组织出海活动
VALERIE: The club used to have these trips, you know.
罗恩去了 我注意到他了 因为我见过他用鱼叉捕鱼
Ron was there, I noticed him because I used to see him spearfishing.
他很出众
He was different from the other guys.
罗恩赢得了 四次澳大利亚全国冠军和世界冠军
VALERIE: Ron had won four Australian National titles, and the World Title at this stage.
他是行业中的佼佼者
He was the best.
我当时想在水下世界探险
I was looking for adventure in the underwater world,
录音资料 罗恩·泰勒
渔猎冠军兼电影制♥作♥人
我当时想在水下世界探险
I was looking for adventure in the underwater world,
录音资料 罗恩·泰勒
渔猎冠军兼电影制♥作♥人
我经常带着我的16毫米摄影机 和一群渔猎者一起出海
and I used to take my 16-millimeter camera out with the team of spearfishermen
录音资料 罗恩·泰勒
渔猎冠军兼电影制♥作♥人
我经常带着我的16毫米摄影机 和一群渔猎者一起出海
and I used to take my 16-millimeter camera out with the team of spearfishermen
我总和他们待在一起 乐于尝试各种新事物
that I was with in those days. Just experimenting.
我正好也在 他问我能不能当他的模特
VALERIE: I used to be there, and he would ask me if I'd model for him.
我受宠若惊 这正合我意
And I was extremely flattered. Of course I'd model for him!
我还清楚记得 第一次在水下拍瓦莱丽
RON: I clearly remember the first time that I filmed Valerie underwater.
我被她的魅力深深吸引
I was very interested in Valerie because she was very attractive.
我很开心 然后嬉闹着游走了
VALERIE: I had fun. Just flirting away, I guess.
我的比基尼是自己做的
I made my own bikinis.
后来有一天 罗恩说要给我买♥♥一件泳衣
And then one day, Ron said, "I'm going to buy you a bathing costume."
是黄色的
It was yellow.
她和我一样 对水下世界很着迷
RON: She was interested in the underwater world like I was.
她很要强 不是那种柔弱的女子
She was aggressive, she wasn't one of these wimpish women.
然后我们决定结婚了
VALERIE: And then we decided to get married.
我是女子渔猎比赛冠军 罗恩是世界渔猎比赛冠军
I was the woman spearfishing champion, Ron was the world spearfishing champion.
我们站在这个行业的巅峰
We were at the top of the trade.
我和罗恩发现 用鱼叉捕鱼经常会引来鲨鱼
Ron and I discovered spearing a fish often attracted sharks.
在那个年代潜水员会拽着
RODNEY: During that period of time, divers were dragging
四五条鱼在水中穿行
four or five fish through the water.
当然我们现在知道了 要想引来鲨鱼
And of course we know now that if you want to attract sharks
罗德尼·福克斯
渔猎比赛冠军
当然我们现在知道了 要想引来鲨鱼
And of course we know now that if you want to attract sharks
罗德尼·福克斯
渔猎比赛冠军
只需要在水里拽着带血的鱼
you get fish blood, and you drag it through the water,
罗德尼·福克斯
渔猎比赛冠军
只需要在水里拽着带血的鱼
you get fish blood, and you drag it through the water,
这相当于在给鲨鱼投鱼饵
and so we were just bringing bait basically for a shark.
听到罗德尼被鲨鱼袭击的消息 我们吓坏了 毕竟他是我们的朋友
VALERIE: We heard about Rodney's shark attack with horror. He was a friend!
我胸口缝了495针 手上缝了94针
RODNEY: There was 485 stitches in my chest, and 94 in my hand here,
除了这一根 其他的肌腱都断了
and every tendon except this one was broken.
医生只能一针一线缝回去
They had to stitch them back again.
未来你还会想裸潜吗
MALE REPORTER: Do you hope to continue skin diving one day?
总有一天我会回到水里 但我说不准是什么时候
Oh, I'll get in the water somewhere, sometime, but I don't know.
新南威尔士
1965年
我们得知咬他的是头大白鲨
VALERIE: We knew it was a great white shark that bit him.
1965年
1965年
我们很兴奋有可能会拍到这头猛兽
We were excited about the possibility of getting footage of this beast.
罗德尼提议进行一次寻找大白鲨之旅
Rodney had the idea of doing a great white shark trip.
我当时很想去 可是我去不了
Of course I wanted to go at the time, but I couldn't go.
船主和船长都不想让女人上船
The owner and captain did not want a woman on board.
罗德尼与阿尔夫·迪恩 组织了一次探险
RON: Rodney arranged an expedition with Alf Dean.
阿尔夫·迪恩当时 保持着大白鲨捕获量的世界纪录
Alf Dean held the world record for big game fishing for great white sharks.
那时候有人拍到过其他鲨鱼的照片
DOUGLAS: At the time, other people had photographed other sharks.
但还没有拍到过 大白鲨在水下生活的照片
But there were no images of great white sharks alive, underwater.
道格拉斯•塞弗特
潜水杂♥志♥全球编辑
但还没有拍到过 大白鲨在水下生活的照片
But there were no images of great white sharks alive, underwater.
但还没有拍到过 大白鲨在水下生活的照片
But there were no images of great white sharks alive, underwater.
我从没在别人拍的纪录片里看到过
RON: I'd never, ever seen it before on other people's documentaries,
所以我觉得这件事有戏
so I could see the potential.
几天后我们停靠在梅默里湾
RODNEY: After a couple of days we pulled up at Memory Cove and Alf said,
阿尔夫说 “我在这一带捕过不少鲨鱼”
"I've caught and seen quite a few sharks here."
于是 他开始滴鲸脂油
So, he started his whale oil drip.
我们早上起来 就看到了这些巨大的鲨鱼
We got up in the morning, and saw great, big sharks.
第一次见到的时候 我脖子后面的汗毛都竖起来了
DOUGLAS: The very first time I saw it, the hair stood up on the back of my neck
因为真的是庞然大物
because it was such a big shark.
我的天啊 它一副凶神恶煞的样子
DOUGLAS: Holy cow! That's a mean-looking shark.
罗恩当时坐在后面的船板上 拍摄一些镜头
RODNEY: Ron actually sat on the duckboard at the back, filming some footage...
然后看到了这群龇牙咧嘴的海底生物
and saw submarines with teeth.
我觉得这种动物很震撼人心
RON: I thought this was a very impressive animal.
我留下了难忘的回忆
I thought I had something unique there.
它就像一头雄狮 是种独一无二的野兽
VALERIE: It's like liking a lion, I guess. It's a special beast.
然后就发生了我不愿提及的事情 那就是无情的杀戮
After that, I hate to say it, it was just kill, kill, kill.
在那次航行中 阿尔夫认为他的职责是
RODNEY: On that trip, Alf thought it was his duty
尽可能多地捕杀鲨鱼 最后我们船上
to catch and kill as many sharks as he could, and we ended up on the boat,
躺着五头10到14英尺长的大白鲨
five ten-to fourteen-foot great white sharks spread out.
那是我第一次意识到
And that was actually the first time I started to realize
我们杀害了这些不可思议的庞然大物
we've got these great big, incredible animals,
它们永远消失了
just killed and lost forever.
这是一件很悲哀的事情
VALERIE: I thought it was sad.
这真的改变了我的世界观 还有对渔猎的看法
Really changed the way I looked at the world and spearfishing.
在那之后 罗恩说 “杀这些鱼让我内心难安”
After that, Ron said, "Actually, killing fish upsets me.
“我不会再这么做了”
"I'm not doing this anymore."
我们放下了鱼叉 再也没参加过比赛
We put our spears down, and never did another competition again.
我们决定从今往后 只会拿起手中的摄像机拍它们
We said, "From now on, I'm shooting them with my camera."
这种转变完全来自个人的感悟
SYLVIA: It was a personal revelation that made that transition,
是那段经历说服了他们
experience that convinced them.
而不是听从别人的建议 这是他们亲身体验的收获
It wasn't somebody telling them, they could see for themselves.
西尔维亚·厄尔勒博士
海洋学家
而不是听从别人的建议 这是他们亲身体验的收获
It wasn't somebody telling them, they could see for themselves.
西尔维亚·厄尔勒博士
海洋学家
我很钦佩这一点
And I admire that.
西尔维亚·厄尔勒博士
海洋学家
我很钦佩这一点
And I admire that.
我们向电视台出♥售♥的素材越来越多
VALERIE: We were selling more and more footage for television.
但对水下影片他们并非照单全收
电影精选列表