直到史蒂夫·钱伯斯来找我并说:
...until Steve Jobs came to recruit me and said:
"在你的有生之年,你想一直卖♥♥糖水...
"Do you wanna sell sugared water for the rest of your life...
还是想创造历史? "
...or do you wanna make history?"
-好。 -好。
- Yeah. - Yeah.
-我知道。 -是的,接线员。
- I know. - Yeah, operator.
-我需要俄勒冈州的信息。 -失陪一下。
- I need information for Oregon. - Okay, give me a minute.
史蒂夫,我必须谈谈。我不知道 这样的情形该怎么说。 -等会儿。
Steve, I gotta talk. I don't know how to act in situations like this.
-我说,史蒂夫,股票出♥售♥的事…
- In a minute. - I mean, Steve, that stock-offering thing?
…1亿美元?
A hundred million dollars?
-你要1.16亿美元来做什么? -等会儿。
- What do you do with $ 116 million? - In a minute.
我没思考过财富,OK? 我知道很多人在思考,但我没思考。
I don't think rich, okay? I know a lot of people think rich, but I don't think rich.
我的意思是,也许你领悟了,但是, 1亿美元,足够你领悟了。
I mean, maybe you learn it, but, jeez, $ 100 million. That's a lot of learning to do.
在这之前,我很少有足够的午餐。
I hardly ever had enough for lunch before all this.
我们本应分股票给其他人,史蒂夫。
We should have given stock to the other guys, Steve.
比如丹? 丹从开始就和我们一起 ...
Like Dan? Dan's been with us since we started...
你没留给他的一点股票。
...and you didn't set aside any stock for him.
史蒂夫。
Steve.
-我会分给丹一些我的股票。 -是的,是阿琳吗?
- I'm gonna give Dan some of my stock. - Yeah, is Arlene there?
我们必须做正确的事情。
We gotta do the right thing.
阿琳吗? 好,好。 我们谈谈这个婴儿。
Arlene? Okay, fine. Let's talk about this baby.
史蒂夫,你为什么关心 我给婴儿取什么名字?
Steve, why do you care what I call the baby?
因为我不想这婴儿叫Rainbow。
Because I don't want the baby named Rainbow.
Orisha或者Ravi Shankar 或者其他诸如此类。
Or Orisha or Ravi Shankar or any other name like that.
史蒂夫,现在不谈,好吗?
Steve, not right now, okay?
嗯,究竟什么时候谈? 因为每当我试图 ...
Well, when the hell is a good time to call? Because every time I try...
史蒂夫。
Steve.
-你想要我拿那个吗? -谢谢。
- Do you want me to take that? - Thank you.
别客气。
You're welcome.
喂。
Hi.
喂。
Hi.
我刚好路过顺便来看看。
So I just came by to make sure everything's okay.
-都还好吗? -谢谢。
- Everything okay? - Thank you.
并且…
And to...
确认你没有 为她取一个怪异的名字。
...make sure that you're not gonna name it some weird name.
就叫她Orisha怎么了?
What's wrong with naming her Orisha?
或者Sunshine,或者Purity?
Or Sunshine or Purity?
一个孩子在这个世上会遇到 很多的的问题 ...
A kid's got enough problems in this world...
不知道什么适合…
...not knowing where it belongs.
名字可以标贴一个孩子。
A name can label a kid.
使它 ...
Make it...
使它成为局外人。
It can make it an outsider.
不是"它。 "
Not "it."
她。
Her.
她。
Her.
莉萨。
Lisa.
好。
Okay.
好。
Okay.
她也是你的女儿。
She's your daughter too.
阿琳,我们不要再说那个了。
Arlene, let's not go through that again.
你不要只是活着。
You don't just live in life.
你改变命运,你塑造它, 打上你的印记。
You change it, you shape it, you make your mark upon it.
那就是 这个名字 ...
And that's what, get used to the name...
莉萨 将会做的。
...Lisa is gonna do.
是!
Yeah!
你知道,那种电脑是 我们苹果的第一个大项目。
You know, that computer was the first big new project we had at Apple.
有些人仍然想奇怪, 为什么史蒂夫坚持要那个名字。
And some people are still wondering why Steve insisted on that name.
你想叫一台计算机为莉萨吗?
You wanna call a computer Lisa?
那不是你的小孩儿 ...?
Isn't that your baby's...?
我的意思是 ...
I mean...
叫什么名字? 阿琳, 那不是阿琳的小孩的名字吗?
What's her name? Arlene. Isn't that Arlene's baby's name?
其他人的女儿也叫莉萨。
Other guys here have daughters named Lisa.
史蒂夫,你有一个小孩儿, 你甚至不想谈她。
Steve, you got a baby up there you don't even wanna talk about.
-我的意思是,有点 ... -有点什么?
- I mean, it looks sort of... - Sort of what?
我们把自己当成是艺术家。
We have to think of ourselves as artists.
好像是毕加索说的:
It's like Picasso said:
好的艺术家复♥制♥,伟大的艺术家偷窃。
Good artists copy. Great artists steal.
我们想要偷窃的就是 施乐 Xerox。
This is who we wanted to steal from. Xerox.
他们秘密开♥发♥了 所有这些 ...
They were secretly developing all this amazing stuff...
... 象鼠标,以及屏幕上通过 图形界面来选择而不是输入命令。
... like the mouse and the graphics on the screen instead of just a bunch of numbers.
但是当那些加利福尼亚 的工程师去纽约 ...
But when those California engineers had to go to New York...
... 向Xerox的老板演示 所有这些美妙的东西 ...
... and present all this neat stuff to the Xerox brass...
... 那些董事们并没有 理解他们所看到的。
... those executives didn't begin to understand what they were looking at.
他们不在乎鼠标。好象会议桌上 摆放的是一只死老鼠。
Never mind a mouse. It was like someone dumped a dead rat on the boardroom table.
鼠标。
A mouse.
你想要Xerox 考虑 这个叫鼠标的玩意儿?
You want Xerox to consider something called a mouse?
看,这就是史蒂夫天才的地方 ...
See, this is where Steve was a genius...
... 因为他说服Xerox向我们 展示所有这些难以置信的东西 ...
... because he persuaded Xerox into showing us all this incredible stuff...
... 他们在加利福尼亚的 工程师开♥发♥的。
... their California guys had developed.
我告诉你,那绝对让他们的人 发狂。
I tell you, it was making their people absolutely nuts.
噢,上帝。
Oh, God.
我们走。
Let's go.
你知道,我感觉好像 一个蒙古部落 ...
You know, I felt like one of the Mongol hordes...
... 去抢劫和掠夺 一群毫无防备的村民。
... coming to loot and plunder a bunch of defenseless villagers.
不,不。太愚蠢了。
No, no. This is insane.
我们把所有东西都给他们…
We'd just be handing him everything.
我们发明了鼠标和配套的东西, 现在纽约的这些白♥痴♥ ...
We created the mouse and all the rest of it, and now these idiots in New York...
...要全部展示给史蒂夫·钱伯斯。
...want to show it all to Steve Jobs.
我不会做。
I won't do it.
喂。 我是史蒂夫·钱伯斯。
Hi. I'm Steve Jobs.
我需要你们回答一些其他问题, 关于你们发明的…
I need you to answer some other questions about the stuff you've invented.
图形界面。
The graphic interface?
不会有损害。
It's not going to hurt.
那是你想的。
That's what you think.
-你想要知道什么?
- What do you want to know? - How does it...?
-它怎样 ...? 基础架构是什么? 是整体,是复合的?
What is your base length? Is it integer, or is it compound?
你的操作系统 编译可执行代码吗?
Does your operating system convert to executable codes?
-有了。 有了,史蒂夫.有了,史蒂夫。 -中间是什么 ...?
- I got it. I got it, Steve-O. I got it, Steve-O. - What is the middle...?
相当灵巧,不是吗?
It's pretty neat, right?
点击,你到这儿。
Click, you're there.
点击,你到其它地方。
Click, you're somewhere else.
这图形界面那时看起来象是一个 …奇迹,那以后,我们得到它。
This graphic interface stuff was like a miracle back then, and we got it.
史蒂夫得到了,Xerox把这些全部 转让给我们。
Steve got it, from Xerox, who just turned it all over for us to fool with.
就象富人们把没有价值的东西 捐献给救世军 ...
Like rich people giving junky old stuff to the Salvation Army...
只是废物变成了伦勃朗。
...only the junk turns out to be a Rembrandt.
大约1,000亿美元领先其他人。
About $ 100 billion head start on everyone else.
苹果赢得大笔财富, 太棒了。
Apple was making tons of money. It was great.
并且当然,我有点疯了。 我的意思是,容易得像玩乐一样。
And of course, I sort of lost my mind. I mean, it was all fun and games.
我开始买♥♥真正昂贵的玩意儿。
I started buying really expensive toys.
用我自己的私人飞机。
It was me with my own plane.
唯一的问题是,或许我不是 一个我自认为的那样好的飞行员。
Only problem was, maybe I wasn't as good a pilot as I thought I was.
我的意思是,电脑崩溃是 一回事,但飞机?
I mean, it's one thing when computers crash, but planes?
你不会想知道。
You don't want to know.
喂,史蒂夫。 你刚刚到这里吗?
Hey, Steve. Are you just getting here?
不,我刚才在外面和医生交谈。
No, I was just outside talking to the doctor.
你不记得我们10分钟以前见过吗?
You don't remember us talking 10 minutes ago?
-我们见过吗? -是的。
- We talked? - Yeah.
喂,我的硬盘崩溃了。
Hey, my hard disk crashed.
像一台存储器有问题的电脑。
A computer guy with memory problems.
噢,老兄。
Oh, man.
这是很奇怪的事。 你知道那儿有你生活的一部分 ...
It's the weirdest thing. You know there's a part of your life there...
你却想不起来。
...only you don't know about it.
这让你发疯。
It makes you crazy.
喂。
Hey.
喂!
Hey!
保罗。
Paul.
Simonyi,找马修斯。
Simonyi, get Matthews.
鲍尔默,进这儿来。
Ballmer, get in here.
-那是什么? -是严重的危机。
- What is it? - This is seriously crummy.
苹果的新电脑,莉萨? 我们完了。
Apple's new computer, Lisa? We're dead.
噢,是,我已经见过了。
Oh, yeah, I've already seen one.
电影精选列表