我认为 每个人都有一个奇迹
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
像中了强力球的头奖
Like, maybe you hit the Powerball jackpot.
或者在NBA总决赛最后一秒投篮命中
Or a last-second jumper in the NBA Finals.
或许你上了外太空...
Maybe you make it to outer space...
或者娶英格兰的女王 等等的
or marry the Queen of England, or something.
如果你认为世界上都发生着不可思议的事...
If you consider all the unlikely things that happen in all the world...
你会想起码有一件会发生在我们身上
you gotta think at least one of them will happen to each of us.
但原来 我的奇迹是不一样的
Turns out, my miracle was different.
在佛罗里达州
Of all the houses
所有的地区房♥子里
in all the subdivisions in all the state of Florida...
我偏偏住在了
I wound up living across the street...
玛戈·罗特·皮戈曼的对面
from Margo Roth Spiegelman.
在我看见她的那一瞬间 我无可救药地
From the moment I saw her I was hopelessly,
疯狂地爱上了她
madly in love.
由于我们年龄
Due to our close proximity
和家都很接近...
in both age and location...
还有我也不知道什么理由...
and for no other reason I could ever discern...
我们很快就成为了朋友
we soon became friends.
看
Look.
昆汀
Quentin.
他死了
He's dead.
我们应该快离开这里 玛戈
We should get out of here, Margo.
我以为当你死的时候会闭上眼的
I thought you closed your eyes when you died.
事实上...
The truth is...
当时 我觉得那对我
at the time, it didn't feel like
没什么大不了的
that big a deal to me.
不像说我认识那个人
It's not like I knew the guy.
如果我焦虑症
If I had a panic attack
每次我不认识的人死了...
every time someone I didn't know died...
我会疯掉的
I'd go insane.
玛戈却很在意
It was a much bigger deal to Margo.
我知道了
I figured it out.
他的名字叫罗伯特 乔伊纳
His name is Robert Joyner.
他36岁
He was 36.
据说他离婚了而且他很伤心
Apparently he was getting divorced and he was sad about it.
你怎么知道这些的
How do you know all this?
我在做调查 你参与吗
I'm doing an investigation. Are you in?
好啊
Sure.
-很好 快来 -等等 什么
-Great. Come on. -Wait, what?
他的老婆在海洋世界工作的
His wife works at SeaWorld.
我打赌那是个线索
I bet there's a clue.
玛戈...
Margo...
我们不能去海洋世界
we can't go to SeaWorld.
已经差不多11点了
It's almost 11:00.
我知道怎么进去
I can get us in.
快来啊
Come on!
我不想惹麻烦
I don't wanna get in trouble.
那很羞愧 你不觉得吗
It's a shame, don't you think?
他死的所有原因
All those strings inside him broke.
玛戈一直很喜欢谜团
Margo always loved mysteries.
而且在那一切发生后
And in everything that came after,
我不禁认为...
I could never stop thinking...
也许她是那么喜欢谜团...
maybe she loved them so much...
她也成为了一个谜团
she became one.
但我要超越自我
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
随后几年有很多变化
A lot changed in the years that followed.
玛戈和我算是...变疏远了
Margo and I sort of... drifted apart.
但我从没停止想她...
But I never stopped thinking about her...
我来开门 我来开门
I'll get it! I'll get it.
...而且希望有第二次机会
...and hoping I'd get a second chance.
不给糖就捣蛋
Trick or treat!
好吧 万圣节快乐 各位
Yeah. Happy Halloween, guys.
不只是我
It wasn't just me.
几乎所有人都认为...
Pretty much everyone recognized...
玛戈是不一样的
Margo was different.
玛戈是...
Margo was...
很特别
special.
她的生活发生了
Her life had become a series
一连串不可思议史诗般的冒险
of unbelievably epic adventures.
每一个都让人觉得太疯狂了
Each one too insane to be true.
像那次她花了三星期的时间
Like the time she spent three weeks
跟马戏团一起旅行
traveling with the circus.
或者她跟百万富翁一起去上下东海岸旅行
Or the time she toured with the Mallionaires up and down the East Coast.
听着 如果你问贝斯手...
Look, if you ask the bassist...
他也会说我是他的女朋友
he's either gonna say I'm his girlfriend
或者他想我成为...
or he wants me to be...
不管怎样我也会回到那里...
Either way I'm going back there...
所以你不妨别再为难自己 让我进去吧
so you might as well make it easier for yourself and just let me in.
而不管她去哪里...
And wherever she went...
她一直都留下线索给她妹妹 露丝
she always left clues behind for her little sister, Ruthie.
或者其他她认为值得的人
Or anyone else she deemed worthy.
但我从不是其中一个
I was never one of those people.
随着高中生活接近尾声
As senior year drew to a close,
玛戈和我几乎不怎么说话了
Margo and I barely talked at all.
这是你的高中毕业舞会
It's your senior prom.
我真不明白反对的理由
I don't understand the objection.
我有很多反对的理由 妈妈
I have so many objections, Mom.
像慢舞
Like slow dancing.
和快舞 任何一种舞
And fast dancing. Any kind of dancing.
还有穿租来的礼服
And wearing a rented tux.
你可以带苏西 钟去啊
You could take Suzie Chung.
不 我们不再是小孩了
No, we're not a thing anymore.
但她是多么好的一个女孩子啊 你们俩是怎么了
But she was such a nice girl. What happened with you two?
我不知道 只是...
I don't know, it just...
就是合不来
Just didn't work out.
嗨 本 嗨 雷达
Hi, Ben. Hi, Radar.
-嗨 杰克布森夫人 -嘿 杰克布森夫人
-Hi, Mrs. Jacobsen. -Hey, Mrs. Jacobsen.
我会狠狠的干♥她♥
I would hit that so hard.
我不觉得
I don't see it.
干嘛 昆汀
What? Q!
我不是只是想干♥你♥妈♥妈的意思
I'm not saying I just wanna bang your mom.
-她应该受到尊重 -闭嘴
-She should be respected. -Stop.
赞美 你知道 她是个美女
Admired. You know, she's a real lady.
对 她是我妈
Yeah, she's my mom.
我想跟她一起骑单车
I wanna ride bikes with her.
什么
What?
我喂她吃葡萄 带她去巴黎
I'd feed her grapes, take her to Paris.
像公主一样对待她 干嘛 那有错吗
Treat her like the princess she is. What, is that wrong?
这很奇怪
It's weird.
这永远都那么奇怪
It's always weird.
我想给她洗澡
I wanna give her a bath.
那会很...
That's gonna be so...
噢 等一下
Oh! Hold on.
嘿 兔子亲 毕业舞会跟我一起去吗
Hey, honey bunny. How's prom looking for you?
没门 变♥态♥本
Not a chance, Bloody Ben.
不
No.
不
No!
新生都知道那故事了
Freshmen know that story?
当本12岁那年...
When Ben was 12...
他得了肾病
he got a kidney infection
-而且开始拉血尿 -噢 天啊
-and started literally pissing blood. -Oh, God.
当他从医院回来的时候...
By the time he came back from the hospital...
一个谣言传遍了整个学校...
a rumor had spread through the entire school...
他的病是长♥期♥手♥淫♥所导致的
that his condition was the result of chronic masturbation.
我永远都找不到舞伴了 是吧
I'm never gonna get a prom date, am I?
别担心
Don't worry about it.
舞会浪费时间和浪费金钱
Prom is a waste of time and a waste of money.
雷达要去舞会
Radar's going to prom.
雷达他有女朋友 所以他一定要去舞会
Radar has a girlfriend, so he has to go to prom.
太差劲了
Lame.