恒星的灾难性死亡
The catastrophic death of a star
给宇宙带来了新的生命
brings new life to the universe.
为了我们能生存下去 就必须有一颗星星陨落
In order for us to live a star must die.
我们都是星尘
We are all stardust.
你知道你在宇宙中的位置吗
Do you know your place in the universe?
很长一段时间以来
And for so long we thought
我们一直认为地球是太阳系的中心
that Earth was the center of the solar system
而银河系就像洒出的牛奶一样
and the Milky Way like spilled milk
布满天空
across the sky
但后来发现我们并不是宇宙的中心
but we discovered we aren't the center of the universe.
你知道你身处何地吗
Do you know where you are?
我们的星系所处的区域是什么样子的
What kind of neighborhood does our galaxy live in?
宇宙中还有什么
What other kinds of neighborhoods exist
其他类型的邻域
in the universe?
你能解释一下
Can you explain your place
你在宇宙中的位置吗
in the universe?
大多数人甚至都不能
Most people can't
离开路易斯安那州的新奥尔良
get out of New Orleans, Louisiana.
宇宙中90%的物质
Ninety percent of the matter in the universe
是不可见的
is invisible.
这些都是未知的
It's unidentified.
有很多东西我们看不见
There is much we can't see
发觉不到也理解不了
detect or comprehend
但我们终其一生
yet we spend our lives
都在试图触碰到
trying to get to the heart
这种暗能量的核心
of this dark energy.
这种 暗物质
This dark matter.
你可以通过观察知道很多
And you can tell a lot by looking.
21 21 有人在这个频道吗
Two one, two one, anyone on this frequency?
往下说
Go ahead.
早上好 我们接到一个报♥警♥称有一个死者
Hey, good morning, we got a call of a person down.
奥卢塞伊天文台
Oluseyi Observatory.
我在地板上发现了一具尸体 看起来像是中了枪
I got here a body on the floor, looks like gunshot.
收到 凶杀案小组也过去 我去叫验尸官
Copy. Homicide will be there. I'll call the coroner.
-嘿 伙计们 -嘿
- Hey, y'all. - Hey.
-嘿 -早上好
- Hey. - Good morning.
-你给自己买♥♥的吗 -是啊 那个大的是我的
- Oh, you getting them for you? - Yeah, the big one's mine.
-当然 -我穿的这双靴子
- Of course. - These boots I'm wearing.
屋顶是开着的
Roof was open.
天文台经理一到就把望远镜盖上了
The observatory manager covered the telescope on arrival.
他们辨认出尸体是
ID'd the body as Associate Professor
詹妮弗·洛克威尔副教授
Jennifer Rockwell.
没有强行进入的迹象
No sign of forced entry.
军官被派到北面的舷梯上了
Officer posted to the external ladder to the north side..
她是罗克维尔家族的人?
One of the Rockwells?
是的 议员汤姆·洛克威尔上校的女儿
Yes, daughter of Councilman Colonel Tom Rockwell.
战争英雄 罗克韦尔电力公♥司♥
War hero, Rockwell Electrics.
她昨晚举♥行♥了一次公开讲座
She held an open all lecture last night.
我们有一份参会者名单
We got a list of attendees, crime scene
犯罪现场等待指示
waiting for instruction.
这是.38口径杀手的标志
It's the signature of the .38 caliber killer.
他还没出生呢 西尔弗
Weren't even born yet, Silvero.
一般会有塞在嘴里的袜子
Usually a sock stuffed in the mouth
防止她说话
to keep her from talking.
你觉得呢 胡利
What do you reckon, Hooli?
迈克
Mike?
怎么了
What's up?
她从来不会感到不适的
She never gets affected.
不是 呃
No, it's, uh..
是我昨晚吃的汉堡不咋对劲 现在有点难受
...it's a burger last night, it's not sitting right.
是天文台经理报的案吗
The observatory manager call it in?
是的
Yes.
伊恩·斯特拉米博士
Dr. Ian Strammi, he's waiting
他在楼下的办公室等你
in his office downstairs.
一个英国人
English dude
看起来好像打过架
looks like he's been in a fight.
他攻击了受害者 然后她反击了?
Attacked her, she fought back?
是敞开式屋顶
Open roof.
所以雨水会浸湿证据
So rain could drench the evidence.
-说吧 托尼 -嗯
- Tony, get talking. - Mm-hm.
你们俩合作得很密切是吗
So you guys work pretty closely together?
我们是同事
We're colleagues.
你昨晚就从这里回家了
And you went home last night from here?
好吧 我 我没有直接回家
W... well, I... I didn't go straight home.
我和詹妮弗的助手 萨布丽娜·怀特在一起
I was with Sabrina White, J... Jennifer's assistant.
萨布丽娜·怀特?
Sabrina White?
是的 我 我们开车去了湖边
Yes, w... we, we drove to the lake
去看了星星
to look at the stars.
我们聊了一整晚
We were talking all night.
可怜的詹妮弗 可怜啊
Poor Jennifer. Poor Jennifer.
她只是
She just..
打扰一下
Excuse me.
我是迈克·胡利汉警探
I'm Detective Mike Hoolihan.
我是这次调查的负责人
I'm leading this investigation.
噢
Oh.
脓
Ab..
脓肿
A... abscess.
昨晚突然开始的
Came on overnight.
很痛苦
It's... agony.
我不知道 我不知道为什么我要提我的牙
I don't, don't know why I'm talking about my teeth..
詹妮弗 上帝啊
Jennifer, Jesus Christ.
我不认为这和上帝有什么关系 斯特拉米博士
I don't think Jesus had much to do with this, Dr. Strammi.
你这里有人很不安生啊
You got one on the go.
你把望远镜盖上了?
You covered the telescope?
好吧 那 那我该怎么办
Well, w... what was I supposed to do?
在下雨
It was raining.
望远镜会被损坏的
Telescope would have been wrecked.
外面下着倾盆大雨
It was raining cats and dogs.
昨天 昨天晚上天气很好
I... it was clear last night.
詹妮弗 很开心
Jennifer was... so happy.
七辆利马扬基回声142
Seven lima yankee echo one four two
受害者汽车
victims vehicle secured
白色雷鸟敞篷车 红色内饰
white Thunderbird convertible, red interior..
再见吧
? I'll be seeing you ?
在每个可爱的夏日
? In every lovely summer's day ?
一切光明和欢乐
? In everything that's light and gay ?
啊 我会一直
? Ah I'll always think ?
这样想你的
? Of you that way ?
我会找到你
? I'll find you ?
在朝阳中
? In the morning sun.. ??
-别乱动东西 -抱歉
- Don't touch anything. - Sorry.
很高兴认识你 胡利汉警探
Nice to make your acquaintance, Detective Hoolihan.
你一直是个办案界传奇
Yeah, you're a case closing legend.
我是斯特拉·霍妮 第二频道的新记者
I'm Stella Honey, new reporter for Channel Two.
我们需要一个声明
We'd like a statement.
嗯 我不是你要找的人
Hm. I'm not the one to see.
你确定吗
You sure about that?
你想过退休吗
You ever think about retiring?
你不如直接让我坐轮椅晒太阳呢 詹尼
Why don't you just wheel me out into the sun, Janey?
我这辈子都在查凶杀案
My whole life's been homicide.
那绝对不是伊恩·斯特拉米
Now, that's no Ian Strammi.
哦
Oh!
怕黑吗 警探
Afraid of the dark, detective?
黑暗仅仅是没有电磁波的存在
It's merely an absence of electro magnetic waves.
哦
Oh.
嗯
Hm.
你确定不要律师吗
Are you sure you don't want a lawyer?
确定 女士 谢谢你
Yes, ma'am, thank you.
我想我不需要
I don't think I need one.
所有东西都藏起来了 对吧
Everything hidden, hm?