不用了 亲爱的
No, dear.
今天是什么日子
What day is today?
今天是星期五
It's friday.
5月25日
It's may 25.
5月25日 伊蒂丝
May 25, Edith.
5月25日
May 25.
好了 伊蒂丝 我得走了
Okay, Edith. Gotta go.
我就在隔壁 你有事叫我
Just right next door if you need me.
我就在隔壁 再见
I'm right there. Bye.
哇 确实
Wow, indeed.
米卡什 谢谢你帮我把这些东西搬上来
Mikesh, thank you for carrying all this stuff up for me.
你真是帮了我一个大忙
You really saved me.
我会把这封信交给艾弗里
I'll take that letter for Avery.
谢谢你
Thank you.
真的谢谢你
Thank you.
你真是个大好人
This was really nice of you.
恩 你要不要
Um... do you...?
对了 你一定渴了吧
Well, you must be thirsty.
你想喝杯水吗
Do you want a glass of water?
当然
Yeah.
好的
Okay.
给我 我来拿
here, let me get that.
你真好
You're so kind.
好吧
All right.
不好意思家里太乱了
Sorry for this heinous mess.
哦 没有 我刚在...
Oh, no. I was...
从你屋顶望去的风景真是富有诗意
The view across your rooftop is so poetical.
你真该看看我住的地方
You should see where I live.
在布♥什♥威克[美国最差住♥宅♥区] 天 那真可怕
Bushwick, man. It's a little grim.
那么 你 你 那个 你 多大
Well, you're, you're, what, you're, um... how old?
哦 那你还可以忍♥受布♥什♥威克
Oh, you can deal with Bushwick, then.
等你到我这个年纪的时候
When you get to be my age...
哇 不是吧 一点都不像
Wow, well, you look fantastic.
事实上 我还没到44岁 我 恩...
Actually, I'm not quite 44. I'm, um...
我刚才撒谎了
I just lied.
我就是希望你会那么说
I think I was hoping that you just might say that.
重点是 等你到我这个年纪的时候
The point is, when you get to be my age,
这风景看上去就没这么诗意了
The view becomes less poetical
考虑到在这生活的其他方面的话
In relationship to other aspects of living here.
一扇门开启的同时也会关上另一扇门
One door on, one door off.
这算不算得上是某种行为艺术
Is this some kind of artistic statement?
这是艾弗里的革新计划之一
This is one of Avery's renovation projects.
仔细看看 你会在其他地方发现类似的东西
Look closely, and you'll find similar statements elsewhere.
比如他永远零乱的个人图书馆
Like his perennially disorganized personal library.
他貌似很有趣 你老公
He seems interesting, your husband.
哦 他确实
Oh, he is.
他是个...
He's...
他很不寻常 而且我 恩...
He's eccentric, and I, um...
我过去很迷恋那些不寻常的事
I fell in love with those eccentricities, you know?
可是当你有了孩子
But then you have kids
努力过着一种所谓的成人的生活
And try to lead what's called a grown-up life,
那些吸引我的东西就变成了现实生活的障碍
And those sort of things become obstacles to a sane existence.
所以你过去也是个作家吗
So you used to be a writer, too?
喔 这是你 对吧
Well, this is you, no?
是的 恩...
Yes, um...
或者说是曾经的我 我会非常感激你的如果你...
Or a version of me. I'd really appreciate it if you...
"她口中含着血腥味醒来
"she woke up with the taste of blood in her mouth.
昨晚发生的一切又在她脑海中撞击
The memory of the night before hit her full force.
是这样的无情
Inexorable.
这样的突然
Swift.
就像掠过石头的湍流
Like fast water moving over rocks...
-...她忧心忡忡..." -请不要再念了
- ...she was concerned that... - please stop.
是的 那是我的作品 是那种跌宕起伏的抒情小说
Yeah, that was my thing. That kind of fiercely lyrical fiction.
我靠它拿到了奖学金
I got scholarships for it.
我以前想过当创作新星
I was considered to be kind of an up-and-comer.
我以前很热爱写作
I loved writing.
我现在依然热爱
I still do.
只是 你知道 当你有了孩子...
It's just, you know, when you have kids...
我仍然写作 就算是吧
I still write. Sort of.
探讨更 恩... 生活化的话题
On more, um... everyday topics.
只是...
It's just...
你怎么会对我这么好呢
How come you're being so nice to me?
我看见你去探望隔壁的那位妇人
I saw you go to that woman next door.
我看见你给她果汁 真自然
I saw you give her that juice, very easily.
真无私
Very selflessly.
为什么我不能也友善点呢
Why can't I be nice, too?
而且 你很漂亮诶
Besides, you're very pretty.
-再跟我说点别的 -说什么
- Tell me something else. - About what?
说当作家的事
About being a writer.
我在大学时写过乐评
I used to write record reviews when I was first in college,
毕业之后 为些城市小报写文章
and after I graduated, for these little downtown newspapers,
这些报纸已经都不存在了
None of which really exist anymore,
写乐评就是为了得到免费的专辑
to get free albums.
唱片
Vinyl!
现在我也就只跟自己约会了
Now I'm really dating myself.
我是说 艾弗里对音乐很入迷
I mean, Avie was really into music.
因为他我才喜欢上很多乐队
He turned me on to lots of bands.
有些你听说过 有些你也许从没听过
I mean, some you've heard of and probably some you never have.
比如?
Like what?
我不知道
Oh, I don't know.
给我放点什么听吧
You play me something.
真的要听?
Really?
当然
Yeah.
呃...那好
Um... okay.
-你想听点很棒的音乐吗 -想
- You wanna hear something great? - Yeah.
如此自♥由♥纯粹 是塔门乐队的
So spare and basic. It's Pylon.
开大点!
Turn it up!
不 不 不行
No, no, no.
楼下的邻居有个烦人的工具
My downstairs neighbors have this hideous tool,
他们会大声敲管子抗♥议♥的
And they'll just start banging on the pipes.
才不在乎呢
Who cares?
太棒了!
Fantastic!
是很不错
It's great.
我得在我老公回来之前
Oh, look, I gotta get things finished up around here
把这里的事情弄完
before my husband gets back.
不过你真是我的救世主
But you've been a real life-saver.
是吗
Yeah?
毫无疑问
Absolutely.
有机会我想读你的小说
Well, I'd love to read your fiction sometime.
你最近有写过什么吗
Do you have anything more recent?
没有 目前还没
No, not at the present moment.
没有 目前我的生活 完全以现实为中心
No, at the present moment, my life is... extremely reality-based.
但我确有计划在某个时候回到过去
But I do plan to get back to it at some point.
不是 我是说 我会
No, I mean, I will.
正如我最喜欢的研究生导师曾经说过的
As my favorite grad school professor used to say,
世上没有"尝试" 只有"为"与"不为"
"there is no 'try,' there is only 'do' and 'do not."'
米卡什 遇到你实在是太愉快了
Well, Mikesh, it's been incredibly nice to meet you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我真没想到
I cannot believe you!
怎么了 希拉 什么事 我做了什么
What, Sheila? What is it? What did I do?
你完全一点分寸感都没有吗
Do you have absolutely no sense of boundaries whatsoever?
你指的是什么啊
What are you talking about?
你用了我的名字 你竟然用了我的真名!
You used my name! You used my real name!
每个认识我们的人现在都会知道了
Everyone who knows us is now gonna know!
知道什么
Know what?
你一点都不知道那有多丢脸吗
Do you have any idea how embarrassing that is?
你在哪
Where are you?
我在这
I'm here!
希拉 希拉 等一下 我马上下来
Sheila, Sheila! Hold on, I'm coming down!
不用 别下来! 别费心了
No, don't come down! Don't bother!
电影精选列表