Try me at the cabana, venice beach.
原谅我吗?
Excuse me?
去威尼斯海滩的小屋找我吧。
Try me at the cabana, venice beach.
去找林恩,林恩·彼得森。
Ask for Lynn, Lynn Peterson.
-你是尼克的妹妹。——先生?
- You're Nico's sister. - Sir?
先生们。
Gentlemen.
♬学着玩
♪ Learn to play ♪
林恩,我不确定是n还是e。
Lynn, I'm not sure if it's an n, or an e.
卡巴纳夫人:如果她在这里工作,就用x。
Madam cabana: With an x if she works here.
好了。
There you go.
袍子在柜子里,不许胡闹。
Robe's in the cabinet, and no monkey business.
我会尽量不去的。
I'll try not to.
♪好心的消失♪
♪ Kindly fade away ♪
谢谢你!女1:不客气。
Thank you. Woman 1: You're welcome.
他来了。
Here he is.
汉森先生向您道歉,
Mr. Hanson sends his apologies,
林恩·彼得森被拘留了。
Lynn Peterson's been detained.
哦,我很抱歉听到这个消息。
Oh, i'm, uh, I'm sorry to hear that.
是那个x的林恩吗?
Is that, uh, Lynn with an x?
啊,去他妈的。
Ah, fuck it.
我太老了,玩不了这个。
I'm getting too old for this.
你与恶人为伍吗?
Are you keeping evil company?
通常情况下。
More often than not.
那你最好做个乖孩子,
Well, then, you'd better be a good boy,
因为你要去见桃乐茜·昆坎农了
because you're going to meet Dorothy quincannon
下午3点在安♥拉♥花♥园♥酒店。
at the garden of Allah hotel at 3:00.
那是20分钟后。多萝西quincannon。
That's in 20 minutes. Dorothy quincannon.
希尔达,你是来找电影明星的吗?
Did you come for the film stars, hilda?
我来就是为了成为一个人。
I came to bloody be one.
嗯。
Huh.
首先,你要把水烧开,
First of all, you have to boil the water,
水烧开了吗?
now is that water boiled?
是的,女士。-然后把茶壶烫一下。
Yes, ma'am. - And then scald the teapot.
-好好烫一下。——好的。
- Give it a good scalding. - Alright.
每杯放一茶匙,再放一茶匙到锅里
Put in one teaspoon per cup, then one for the pot
然后让它画三分钟。
and then leave it to draw for three minutes.
想想溏心蛋,亲爱的,
Think of a soft boiled egg, darling,
三分钟,不多不少
three minutes, no more, no less
然后你就可以倒了,明白了吗?
and then you're ready to pour, have you got that?
Y……是的,女士。
Y... yes, ma'am.
当你泡茶时,就去泡茶。
When you make tea, make tea.
当你制♥造♥水的时候,就制♥造♥水。
When you make water, make water.
水。
Water.
我…我觉得他没拿到。
I... I don't think he got it.
是吗?
Did you?
你从乔伊斯那里拿的,女士。
You lifted it from Joyce, ma'am.
他是从别的地方偷来的,
Uh-ho, and he lifted it from somewhere else,
他真是个小混♥蛋♥。
shitty little man that he is.
他这辈子没干过一天活。
Never a day's work in his life.
是的,除了书。
Yeah, apart from the books.
可怕的小梅毒。
Terrible little syphilitic.
骗了一个美国人,
Tricked an American,
有时候这就是你要做的。
sometimes that's all you have to do.
你就是这么做的吗?
Is that what you did?
我骗过很多美国人,
I've tricked any number of Americans,
包括扮演异教♥徒♥公主
including playing pagan princesses,
英国的伊丽莎白,破产的寡妇
Elizabeth of england, ruined widows
还有无数眼睛闪闪发光的赤脚农家女孩。
and any number of flash-eyed barefoot peasant girls.
这没什么,你只需要
There's nothing to it, all you need
是有规律的特征和阅读能力。
are regular features and the ability to read.
哦,我非常怀疑。
Oh, I very much doubt that.
我和我女儿谈过了。
I spoke with my daughter.
令人惊讶的是,她对离婚一点兴趣都没有。
Surprisingly, she's not at all interested in getting a divorce.
-她爱她丈夫。——没有。
- She loves her husband. - No.
但是这样的安排很适合她。
But the arrangement suits her.
酒,女服务员和她的钱
Alcohol, waitresses and her money.
我的钱。
My money.
她雇你去找另一个猪,对吧?
She hired you to find another swine, didn't she?
尼克·彼得森,他不想被找到。
Nico Peterson, who doesn't want to be found.
这些都是你跟她学的,对吧?
You learned all of this from her, yeah?
啊!我要那杯浓得能让老鼠小跑的茶。
Ah! I want that tea strong enough to trot a mouse on.
好了,好了,你可以走了,我来当妈妈。
Fine, done, you can go now, I will be mother.
谢谢你,女士。
Thank you, ma'am.
我也有幸得到彼得森先生的陪伴,
I have also had the pleasure of Mr. Peterson's company,
他提议进行某些投资。
he was proposing certain investments.
我想是在马术行业吧。
In the equitation business, I presume.
不管是什么生意,我都不感兴趣。
Whatever business, I wasn't interested.
但我女儿帮不了我
But my daughter cannot help
却想要她以为我有的东西
but want what she presumes I have.
还有彼得森先生?
And you had Mr. Peterson?
那只是假设,马洛先生。
That was a presumption, Mr. Marlowe.
这是可以理解的。
An understandable one.
我女儿肯定会给你一大笔钱。
I'm sure my daughter's paying you handsomely.
我不能跟你谈你女儿的生意。
I can't talk to you about your daughter's business.
你觉得我家还有什么事不是我的?
What business do you think there is in my family that isn't mine?
如果她认为我想要你,她也会拥有你。
If she thought I wanted you, she'd have you too.
也许她已经知道了
Mm. Perhaps she already has.
我只能再说一遍,我现在不方便
I can only say it again, I'm not in a position
和你谈谈你女儿的事。
to discuss your daughter's business with you.
你是个傲慢固执的人,马洛先生。
You're a proud stubborn man, Mr. Marlowe.
我只是个普通人
I'm just an ordinary Joe
想赚点钱,免得进监狱。
trying to earn a buck and stay out of jail.
克莱尔的父亲在拉霍亚把车开下了悬崖
Clare's father drove his car off a cliff in la jolla
在她出生之前。
before she was even born.
他从事石油生意,非常成功,
He was in the oil business, very successful,
但是他躲不开黑狗。
but he couldn't hide from the black dog.
这是唯一让我害怕的事,马洛先生。
It's the one thing that frightens me, Mr. Marlowe.
那只猎犬,是有家族的。
That hound, it runs in families.
你担心她情绪不稳定?
You're afraid she's unstable?
哦,我知道。
Oh, I know she is.
小心点,马洛先生
So be careful, Mr. Marlowe,
她迫切需要一个父亲的形象。
she has this burning need for a father figure.
你看,我不得不假装
You see, I had to pretend
这些年来她一直是我的侄女。
that she was my niece all those years.
我的顾问认为,女儿…
My advisers thought that, uh, a daughter...
会让我变老。
Would age me.
什么顾问?
What advisers?
你已经见过即将上任的英国大使了。
You've met the soon to be ambassador to england.
O ' reilly先生。
Mr. O'Reilly.
也许他建议我错了
And maybe he advised me wrongly,
但这么多年来我一直在听
but I had to listen all those years.
他甚至买♥♥了一间工作室
He even bought a studio,
说是为了提升我的事业,
said it was to advance my career,
但这并没有对他的银行余额造成损害。
but it did no harm to his bank balance.
所以,我女儿必须是我的侄女……
So, my daughter had to be my niece...
直到最后,连我也不得不面对这个事实。
Until at last even I had to face the fact.
事实吗?
The fact?
我的游戏结束了,已经有一段时间了。
That my game was up, it had been for some time.
不再有光脚的姑娘,不再有卢里塔尼亚女王。
No more barefoot colleens, no more ruritanian queens.
我比示巴女王还有钱,
I have more money than the queen of sheba,
我是一个非常非常非常幸福的过气者
and I'm a very, very, very happy has-been.
你是说电影传奇吧。
You mean a celluloid legend, surely.
马洛先生,好莱坞的关键
The key to Hollywood, Mr. Marlowe,
就是知道自己什么时候玩完了。
is knowing when your game is up.
拿着钱走吧,想留就留吧。
Take the money and run, or stay, if you want.
但至少要拿钱。
But at least take the money.
彼得森先生的案子我有另一个调查员,
I had another investigator on Mr. Peterson's case,
一个叫西莫的巫师,如果你相信的话。
a shamus, called Seamus, if you can believe.
他发现了什么?
What did he find?
除了在太平洋电影公♥司♥做道具主管,
That besides being prop master at pacific pictures,
尼克还是个想当探员的人,
电影精选列表