电视上的男人:战争在欧洲继续。
Man on TV: War continues in Europe.
希♥特♥勒♥建议任何问题
Hitler has suggested that any questions
波兰的未来问题将完全解决
over the future of Poland will be settled entirely
德国和俄♥罗♥斯♥之间的战争。
between Germany and Russia.
他还表示,他认为
He also stated that he regards
捷克斯洛伐克问题已经结束。
the czechoslovak question as closed.
在华盛顿演讲时,
Speaking at Washington,
罗斯福总统对……
president Roosevelt made no comment as to...
名字是卡文迪什。
The name's cavendish.
卡文迪什小姐。
A miss cavendish.
也许这是个名字,卡文迪什?
Perhaps it's a first name, cavendish?
嗯,香烟吗?
Um, cigarette?
你为客户保留的香烟,
The cigarettes you keep for your clients,
它们比你抽的烟好还是差?
are they better or worse than what you smoke?
它们是一样的。
They're the same.
也许这是一个名字,卡文迪什。
Perhaps it is a first name, cavendish.
这是……好名字。
It's... a good first name.
毫米。
Mm.
拜托。
Please.
你的调查到底有多隐秘,马洛先生?
How private exactly are your investigations, Mr. Marlowe?
有什么事吗,卡文迪什夫人?
What can I do for you, Mrs. Cavendish?
嗯,你是个侦探。
Mm, you are a detective.
我想让你帮我找个人。
I'd like you to find someone for me.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
尼科彼得森。
Nico Peterson.
他是我的爱人,他不辞而别。
He was my lover, he disappeared without saying goodbye.
你说的消失,是指从你的生活中消失吗
When you say disappeared, do you mean out of your life
还是在世界之外?
or out of the world?
我不知道,所以我才来。
I don't know, that's why I'm here.
你丈夫在哪里,卡文迪什夫人,
Where was your husband, Mrs. Cavendish,
你的情人尼克·彼得森失踪的时候
when your lover Nico Peterson disappeared?
回想起来……
In retrospect...
请叫我卡文迪什,不要叫我太太。
Do call me cavendish without the missus.
我喜欢它。
I like it.
你的情人是那种会消失的人吗
Was your lover the sort of man to disappear
和你做情人?
with you as a lover?
通常情况下,它们不会轻易消失。
Normally, they don't disappear easily.
不,我打赌他们不会。
No, I bet they don't.
它们停留在周围,
They stay around,
爬上棚架,餐厅里的场景,
climb trellises, scenes in restaurants,
躺在路上,答应你任何事。
lie down in the road, promise you anything.
哦,我知道是怎么回事。
Oh, I know how it goes.
你躺在路上了吗,马洛先生?
Do you lie down in the road, Mr. Marlowe?
——喝的吗?——请。
- Drink? - Please.
他很高,和你一样。
Well, he's tall, like you.
有点弱。
Bit of a weaker man.
他穿着得体,一丝不苟。
He dresses nice, meticulously.
这说明一个男人怎么样?
What does that say about a man?
彼得森先生从他的职业中赚钱吗
Does Mr. Peterson get money from his profession
还是说他只是在标榜自己的职业?
or does he just profess his profession?
你似乎认为我也参与其中
You seem to assume that I was involved
和不合适的人在一起。
with someone unsuitable.
是的,除非你不适合他。
Yes, unless you were unsuitable for him.
去死吧,你这个可怜的小…
Go to hell, you pathetic little...
说彼得森先生准确吗
Would it be accurate to say that Mr. Peterson
会是电影界的边缘人物吗?
would be a marginal person in motion pictures?
-抱歉,先生-好的好吧。
- Apologies, sir. - Yes. Alright.
这是准确的,
It would be accurate,
这确实是非常准确的。
it would be very accurate indeed.
男1:去死吧,你这可怜人……
Man 1: Go to hell, you pathetic...
我们会在科尔巴塔俱乐部见面。
We would meet at the corbata club.
你知道吗?
Do you know it?
彼得森先生是怎么知道科尔巴塔俱乐部的?
How did Mr. Peterson know the corbata club?
他是你的客人吗
Was he your guest
还是那种谁的客人都喜欢的人?
or the kind of guy who was anybody's guest?
我丈夫和我有个约定。
My husband and I have an arrangement.
请问,你丈夫是同性恋吗?
May I ask, is your husband homosexual?
不。他一点也不有趣。
No. He isn't remotely that interesting.
他喜欢马球酒女服务员
He likes Polo, alcohol, waitresses
还有我的钱。
and my money.
你的钱,卡文迪什太太?
Your money, Mrs. Cavendish?
对不起,马洛先生。
I beg your pardon, Mr. Marlowe.
我是问钱是不是你的。
I'm asking if the money is yours.
我父亲是做石油的,他死了。
My father was in oil, he's dead.
你应该了解我母亲,但我们现在不讨论她。
You'd know my mother, but we won't discuss her now.
你和彼得森先生是在俱乐部搞外遇的吗?
Did you conduct your affair with Mr. Peterson at the club?
我们不是在马棚见面,马洛先生。
We weren't meeting in the horse sheds, Mr. Marlowe.
他为什么没来?
What did he not show up for?
约会。
An assignation.
我给他打了几次电♥话♥,都没人接,
I telephoned him a few times, no answer,
然后我在接下来的一周去了他家
and then I went to his house the following week.
牛奶并没有取消
The milk hadn't been canceled
报纸堆在他的门廊上。
and the newspapers were piled up on his porch.
他有什么要隐瞒的吗?
Did he have things to hide?
我们不都是吗?
Haven't we all?
你觉得彼得森先生怎么样了?
What do you think has become of Mr. Peterson?
跟你说过了,我需要新的视角
Told you, I want a set of fresh eyes
我强烈推荐你的。
and yours come highly recommended.
也许你能发现我没发现的事。
Maybe you'll find out what I can't.
我其实叫克莱尔,跟县里的名字一样。
My name's really Clare, like the county.
你知道那个县吗?
You know the county?
是的,在爱尔兰。我很了解它。
Yeah, in Ireland. I know it well.
我妈妈拍过电影,你应该认识她。
My mother was in pictures, you'd know her.
在上流社会面前这是相当尴尬的。
It's rather embarrassing with the upper class.
马洛先生,你很敏锐很敏感。
You're very perceptive and sensitive, Mr. Marlowe.
我想这会给你带来麻烦。
I imagine it gives you trouble.
他不在家,菠。
He ain't home, Bo.
什么?他欠你钱还是有时间陪你老婆?
What? He owe you dough or make time with your wife?
事情就是这样,对吧?
That's the way it is, huh?
是啊,我也这么认为,他真棒。
Yeah, I'd say so, and good for him.
他不是坏人,如果你不信任别人的话。我不喜欢。
He's not a bad guy, if you don't trust people anyway. I don't.
我想他来自克利夫兰。
I think he's from Cleveland.
那是我在街对面的住处
That's my place across the street,
他有时会过来
he used to come over sometimes,
打发时间。
pass the time of day.
给我一支烟。
Give me a smoke.
他失踪多久了?
How, uh, how long has he been gone?
我想我最后一次见他是在七周前。
Oh, I guess I last seen him seven weeks ago.
你看到他离开了吗?
You, uh, you see him leave?
没有,我只是发现他不见了。
No, I just noticed he was gone.
你怎么知道的?
How did you know?
但是,他已经不在那里了。
Well, he wasn't there anymore.
也就是说没有女人敲他的前门,
That means there weren't any women banging on his front door,
或者朝房♥子扔鞋。
or throwing a shoe at the house.
我是说,我以前干得不错,但不像他。
I mean, I did pretty good in my day, but not like him.
你是警♥察♥吗?
Are you a cop?
排序的。
Sort of.
二等兵不是警♥察♥。
A private dick ain't no cop.
是啊,你不是第一个跑来打听他的人。
Yeah, you're not the first one to come around asking about him.
上周来了两个非法移♥民♥,
A pair of wetbacks showed up last week,
他们都打扮得漂漂亮亮,除了一个西装革履的憨豆
and they was all gussied up, but a beaner in a suit
还有漂亮的领带,还是比尼,对吧?
and fancy necktie, it's still a beaner, right?
不,有时候他是西班牙国王。
No, sometimes he's the king of Spain.
西班牙国王不会开林肯到处跑,
King of Spain don't ride around in no Lincoln,
再喷上墨西哥喷雾。
with a Mexican re-spray.
是啊,我以前也在低端汽车行业工作,
Yeah, I used to work in the low end of the motor trade myself,
是两个笨蛋在一辆热车里
it was two beaners in a hot car
穿越边境又回来了。
that had been across the border and back.
哦,让我们从头说起。
Oh, let's start at the beginning.
这家伙确实被调查过。
电影精选列表