那他怎么不自己打开
So why won't he open it himself?
他信不过理查德先生
He doesn't trust Mr. Richard.
我也信不过理查德 我们约会才一周
I don't trust Richard, either. I only dated him for a week.
行 行 我开
Okay, okay, okay.
-姜一定要你开箱子 -好的 我开
- Mr. Jang insists that you open the case. - Okay, okay.
上帝保佑
Please, God, help me.
他要你动作快点 姜先生还有事要做
He wants you to hurry up. Mr. Jang has other things to do.
能描述一下里面的东西吗
Can you describe the contents of the case?
有四个塑料袋 装着蓝色粉末 像...
It's four plastic pouches filled with a blue powder. Like a...
又像紫色的 我也说不清 反正很恶心
Maybe a purple powder. I don't know. It looks gross.
姜先生给你个活儿干
Mr. Jang wants to offer you a job.
活儿
A job?
我不要干什么活儿
I don't want a job.
如果生命始于约十亿年前
If life starts approximately a billion years ago,
那我们得等四十万年
we will have to wait 400,000 years
才能看到第一批神经细胞的畸变
to see the aberration of the first nerve cells.
这就是我们所说的生命起点
This is where life as we know it begins.
大脑的雏形仅有几毫克重
Brains in formation of only a few milligrams.
是否拥有智慧尚无从判断
It's not possible to determine any sign of intelligence yet.
其表现更像某种反射
It acts more as a reflex.
一个神经元意味着生命
One neuron, you're alive.
两个神经元意味着行为
Two neurons, you're moving,
有了行为便会发生各种有趣的事
and with movement, interesting things begin to happen.
数百万年前 地球上出现了动物
Animal life on Earth goes back millions of years.
然而大多数物种的大脑只开♥发♥了3%至5%
Yet most species only use 3 to 5% of its cerebral capacity.
直到我们进化为人类
But it isn't until we reached
登上食物链的顶端
human beings at the top of the animal chain
我们才得以见识一个利用更多脑容量的物种
that we finally see a species use more of its cerebral capacity.
10%看似不高
10% may not seem like much,
但看看人类藉此所得的成就 也不为少了
but it's a lot if you look at all we've done with it.
下面我们探讨一个特例
Now let's discuss a special case.
唯一一个大脑利用率优于我们的物种
The only living being that uses its brain better than us.
海豚
The dolphin.
据估计 这种不可思议的动物
It is estimated that this incredible animal
脑容量开♥发♥达到了20%
uses up to 20% of its cerebral capacity.
特别是其由此促生的回声定位系统
In particular, this allows it to have an echolocation system
它比人类发明的任何声纳设备更为高效
that is more efficient than any sonar invented by mankind.
然而海豚并未发明声纳
But the dolphin did not invent the sonar,
它只是自然演化而来
it developed it naturally.
这就是现今哲学反思中
And this is the crucial part
最为关键之处
of our philosophical reflection we have today.
我们能否就此得出结论
Can we therefore conclude thatwith
即人类更看重后天拥有 而非与生俱来呢
humans are concerned more with having... than being?
露西
Lucy.
你们把我肚子怎么了
What did you do to my stomach?
没什么 只是个小型横切术
Nothing! Just a little horizontal slit.
非常成功 而且...
It's very well done. And...
不出一个月你就看不出疤痕了
You'll find within a month, the scar is practically invisible.
等到明年夏天
So, you'll be able to
你就可以去海滩秀身材了
show your tummy off on the beach next summer.
我不在乎疤痕
I don't care about the scar.
是想知道为什么给你开刀吗
Is it, uh... is it why we opened you up?
放宽心 我们没有取走你的器官
Rest assured, we didn't harvest your organs or anything.
只是在你腹部缝入一小包东西
We merely slipped a little package into your lower tummy.
是种...新♥型♥毒♥品♥
It's a... it's a new drug
欧洲小青年会喜欢的 相信我
that kids in Europe are going to love, believe me.
-那是什么 -学名称作CPH4
- What is it? - Well, the scientific term is C.P.H.4.
从营销角度来说这名字可不吸引人
Which is not very sexy from a sales point of view.
所以我们还在酝酿
So we're still working on
更为时髦的名字 有建议吗
something with a bit more pop. Any suggestions?
请稍等
Excuse me.
欢迎 欢迎 请进 真不错
Welcome! Welcome, come on in. Lovely! Oops!
好极了 好极了
Splendid, splendid!
非常好 很好 很好
Marvelous! Lovely, lovely.
-你好吗 -很好 亲爱的
- How are you? - Very good, my dear.
太好了
Okay.
好 首先
Right. First of all,
非常感谢各位参与这项计划
many thanks for taking part in this enterprise,
我保证其天衣无缝
which I'm sure will go off flawlessly.
这些护照和机票
These lovely passports and tickets
将带领你们回家
will enable you to return home in the next 24 hours.
等落地之后 我们的人会接走你们
Now, upon arrival, you will be taken in hand by our people,
这样我们才好取回货物
so that we might recover our merchandise
你们也将理所当然地重获自♥由♥
and you might rediscover the freedom which you so richly deserve.
想必不用我提醒各位
I'm sure I don't need to remind you,
不过哪位企图动歪脑筋
but for any of those who may be tempted
企图报♥警♥或者自首
to warn or turn themselves in to the authorities,
我们手上可有
we have the names and
各位家人的姓名和地址
addresses of the families of every one of you,
包括那些远房♥的亲戚
down to the most distant cousins, right?
那么我们全仰仗各位谨慎行事了
So, we rely, therefore, on your complete discretion.
很好 先生们 还有女士
Good! Anyway, gentlemen, madam,
请允许我首先祝各位 一路顺风
allow me to be the first to wish you... bon voyage!
很好
Lovely.
-你要卖♥♥这个吗 -这是我们的商业模式
- You're gonna sell this? - I'm afraid it's our business model.
对于我们这样的原始生物
For primitive beings like us,
生命似乎只有唯一的目的
life seems to have only one single purpose,
获得时间
gaining time.
穿越时间长河似乎也是
And it is going through time that seems to be also
我们体内每个细胞的唯一真正目的
the only real purpose of each of the cells in our bodies.
为实现这一目标
To achieve that aim, the mass of the cells
构成蚯蚓以及人体的大量细胞只有两个选择
that make up earthworms and human beings has only two solutions.
永生 抑或繁衍
Be immortal... or to reproduce.
如果生存环境不利于繁衍
If its habitat is not sufficiently favorable or nurturing...
细胞会选择永生
The cell will choose immortality.
即自给自足和自我管理
In other words, self-sufficiency and self-management.
反之 如果生存环境允许
On the other hand, if the habitat is favorable...
它们将选择繁衍
they will choose to reproduce.
这样 细胞死亡时
That way, when they die,
会将必须的信息和知识传递给下一代
they hand down essential information and knowledge
下一代传给再下一代 以此类推
to the next cell, which hands it down to the next cell and so on.
于是知识便经由时间传承下去
Thus, knowledge and learning are handed down through time.
好了 冷静点 你必须等待 拖延时间
Okay, okay. Keep calm. You have to wait. Just play for time.
登机后就有时间思考了
You'll have time to think it through on the plane.
先上飞机
Just take the flight.
先上飞机 离开这里
Take the flight, get out of here.
这是当务之急 争取时间
That's the main thing right now. Just save time.
不要轻举妄动 保持冷静 你还活着
Don't try anything. Keep your cool. You're alive.
你还活着 你还活着
You're alive, babe. You're alive.
这才是最重要的 等待
That's all that matters. Just wait.
争取时间
Save time.
争取时间
Save time.
怎样 有没有什么感觉啊
长得是不错啊
长得蛮漂亮的
要不要玩一玩啊
走啦 走啦
唉呀 别闹了啦
我没心情
I'm not in the mood.
婊♥子♥ 打你啊
流血了
不要打了
想象一下
Let's imagine for a few moments
如果能将大脑开♥发♥至20% 我们的生活
what our life would be like if we could access, let's say,
又将变成什么样
20% of our brain's capacity.
第一阶段我们可以自如地控制身体
This first stage would give us access to and control of our own body.
-教授 -请说
- Sir? - Yes.
这有被科学验证过吗
Has it been proved scientifically?
我承认 直至目前仍是假设
For the moment, it's just hypothesis, I confess.
不过细想一下
But if you think about it,
很难解释
it's troubling to realize that
为何在显微镜发明之前
the Greeks, the Egyptians and the Indians
希腊人 埃及人和印第安人
had notion of cells centuries
就已经有了细胞的概念
before the invention of the microscope.
更不用说 达尔文当初