That is why I couldn't sleep.
不管我们寄哪一颗去纽约
Whichever one we send to New York,
都会被直接送进华尔街的金库
it will go into a secure vault in Wall Street
下次有人类看到它
and won't even be looked at by another human being
可能是二十 五十 百年后的事了
for 20, 50, 100 years.
老天啊
Holy fuck.
三百万英镑
Three million pounds, tax free.
不用抽税 不用付出代价
No consequences.
你一份 我一份 一份给健保局
One for me, one for you, one for the NHS.
-你明明动过贪念 -不行 我‥
-You have thought about this. -No, I can't
我要去冥想了
You know, I need to go meditate.
纽约真的不会检查吗?
Are you sure they won't check it in New York?
闭嘴 我要冥想
Shut up. I need to meditate.
你想表达什么?
What were you going to say?
钻石的买♥♥家是个恶人
The man who bought the diamond is bad.
他是大恶棍 我们俩是好人
He's really bad, and you and I are good.
健保也是好制度 全都比那个恶棍好
And the NHS is good. And good is better than bad.
我跟奶奶解释的时候 连她都说有道理
When I explained all that to Grandma,even she said, "Well, yeah, that's true."
她可是喀尔文教派的铁杆信徒
And she was a Calvinist, straight as a rod.
不像我 这么容易受诱惑
Unlike me, who is weak in the face of temptation.
不放纵毋宁死 琳达
Live wild or die, Linda.
帕斯顿 你忘了一件很重要的事
Paxton, you're forgetting something very important, okay?
假设‥我们真的行动
Assuming that we do this thing,
我知道这不可能
which we definitely won't,
我们两个普通人
how would two ordinary people like you and me
去哪儿找门路 销赃三百万英镑的钻石?
find a way to sell a three million pounds stolen diamond?
好的 就是这样 我使出浑身解数
Okay, that was it. That was my last attempt
说明我们不该做这种事
to find a logical reason why we shouldn't do this,
但你一定会说 找阿契布鲁斯 对吧?
but you are going to say "Archie Bruce," aren't you?
没错
Yes, I am.
阿契布鲁斯
Archie Bruce.
这几年我一直跟他有联♥系♥
Over the years, I've kept up with the guys.
阿契布鲁斯 从摩托车偷到老爷车
I mean, Archie Bruce,he's graduated from stealing motorcycles to stealing vintage cars
还偷艺术品跟珠宝
and fine art and jewelry.
他一定可以轻松把钻石 卖♥♥到莫斯科的某个顶层公♥寓♥
I mean, he'd have Mr. Harris in a penthouse in Moscow before the banging of the next saucepans.
而且他一定会答应
And he'd do a preferential deal with you,
因为你那一晚挺身而出
because you stepped in one night and saved his life
在沃福的酒吧救了他的命
at a roadhouse in Watford.
某种因果轮回吧
Circle of life, something like that.
一切折磨因阿契而起
With Archie Bruce, the nightmare began.
现在由阿契来了结
Maybe with Archie Bruce, the nightmare ends.
所以‥
So,
我们要怎么办 琳达?
what are we going to do, Linda?
好吧
Okay,
这样吧 帕斯顿
Paxton, here it is.
我们今晚决定
We decide tonight.
我们到哈洛德亲眼看到钻石
When we're there at Harrods with the diamonds,
就会知道该怎么做了
we're gonna know what's right and what's wrong.
我们当场决定
We'll decide in the moment.
或是顺其自然
Or let the moment decide.
有什么不同?
What's the difference?
一个是宿命 一个是自♥由♥意志
Fate versus free will.
谁控制着我们的命运?
Who controls our destiny?
一切都早已注定 或者我们自己搞砸了?
Is everything part of a plan or do we fuck things up for ourselves?
今晚七点半就会知道了
Tonight at 7:30, we find out.
你好 半个兄弟
Hey, half-brother.
什么 现在?
What, now?
你想要视讯?
You wanna Zoom?
好 等我一下
All right, give me a minute.
帕斯顿
Ah, Paxton,
你好吗?
how are you?
我现在有点犹豫不决
Actually, I am at a fork in the road.
是吗?
Really?
我要说的没准能帮你 决定选哪条路
Then perhaps what I have to say will have some bearing on which fork you take,
跟路还真有点关系
because it is sort of road related.
前几天你说要把重机卖♥♥掉
You see, Paxton, the other day when you said you want to sell your motorcycle,
我就说等等 别那么急
I thought, "Wait a minute. Time out. Not so fast."
我挂掉电♥话♥之后
And then, after I cut the call
-就想到老妈 -老妈?
-I thought about Mom. -Mum?
你被迫卖♥♥掉最珍爱的东西 她会做何感想?
How she would feel about you having to sell
而我却在美丽的哈得孙谷快活
your most precious possession,while at the same time, over here
你的异父兄弟过得还不错
in the beautiful Hudson Valley,your brother, your half-brother isn't having it so bad.
果园的樱桃树长出蕈类
You know, when the cherry trees in your orchard get a fungus,
是很不妙 但还有更糟的事
it sucks, but there are worse things.
对樱桃树来说确实不是最糟
Yeah, not for the cherry tree.
对樱桃树来说 最糟的事 莫过于乔治华盛顿
Maybe worse for a cherry tree is the steady tread of George Washington
怀着好意拿着斧头出现
as he approaches with an axe in his hand and a head full of good intentions.
总之 我想到 老妈会希望我怎么做
Anyway, I wondered what Mom would want me to do.
老妈应该会希望你长话短说
Well, remembering Mum,I think she'd want you to get to the point.
好吧 帕斯顿
Okay, Paxton,
我就说了
here it is.
你的宝贝重机是我买♥♥的
It is I who has bought your precious motorcycle.
重机的买♥♥家就是我
The purchaser of your bike is me.
我要把车还给你
And I am giving it back to you.
一点善意 同母异父的兄弟情
My gesture, half-brother to half-brother.
你的重机回到你手中了
Your bike is yours once more.
不要感谢我 帕斯顿
Don't thank me, Paxton.
真的 不需要
Please. No need.
我只有一件事有求于你
All I ask, the only thing I ask of you, Paxton,
请你从现在开始善待自己
is that you are kind to yourself from now on.
记取教训 你要明白世界不跟你作对
That you learn from this.That the world does not hate you.
没错 命运有时很捉弄人
That, yes, sometimes fate seems harsh and cruel,
但要知道人性本善‥
but people really do what good...
大卫 我是琳达 你好
Hey, David, it's Linda. Hi!
琳达 我正在跟帕斯顿讲话
Uh, Linda, I thought I was just speaking to Paxton.
我知道 我听见你的大善事了
Yes, I know. I heard, David, your magnificent gesture,
我实在情不自禁 一定要亲自跟你视讯
and I just... I couldn't stop myself,I couldn't help myself. I just had to jump on the call
告诉你我多感谢 你真是个大好人
and say, "Oh, my God, David.What kind of a person are you?"
大卫买♥♥了我的重机
David bought my fucking bike.
我听见了 也听见他说教
Yes, I heard. I heard, and then I heard the sermon,
他不只花钱不手软
and I thought, "Wow!Not only is he so generous with his cash,
还大方分享自己的智慧呢
he is so free with his wisdom."
-总之 帕斯顿‥ -别这样
- Anyway, Paxton, there it is... - No, no, no.
别让我打断这感人的一刻
Don't let me interrupt this meaningful moment.
大卫 你继续刚刚的大道理‥
What is it that you were saying, David?Something about fate being harsh and...
-你干嘛对他发火? -我没有啊
-Why were you mad at him? -I wasn't mad.
明明就有
Yes, you were.
就是你
It was you.
你买♥♥走我的重机
You bought my bike.
帕斯顿 你乱讲什么 你刚刚也听见了
Paxton, don't be ridiculous. You heard what David said.
大卫才不可能那么好心 倒是很爱抢功劳
David would never do something like that,but he would take the credit.
你则会做好事 又让别人抢走功劳
Whereas you would do something like that and give the credit to someone else.
是因为你可怜我吧
You did it 'cause you felt sorry for me.
对 我很担心 你失去一切后会怎么样
Yes, I worried about what would happen if you lost everything.
其实主要还是我的良心过不去
Mainly because I didn't want anything bad on my conscience.
但同时‥
Confession avalanche, but also I...
也因为这辆重机能代表我们
I did it because the bike represents us.
-才怪‥ -我是‥
- And... - No, no, no.
你就是可怜我
Pity is over here, all right,
离爱我还远得很
and love is way over here.
别假装两者间有一道桥
Don't pretend there is a bridge.
但你会可怜一个 盗窃数百万英镑的男人吗?
But would you still feel pity for a man who'd just stolen a million pounds?
我会一夜致富
I'd be a millionaire,
同时变回一个恶棍
and a bandido once again.
也许你会回心转意
Maybe you'd change your mind.
也许我们能一起骑向夕阳
Maybe we'd ride off into the sunset.
帕斯顿
Paxton...
不管我们今晚怎么决定
whatever we decide to do tonight,
我们都会分道扬镳
we will go our separate ways.
有钱了 表示我们都自♥由♥了
The money would mean that we're both free.
好 这也许会影响我做的决定
电影精选列表